Mjölnir’s Strike General Thread

Diovani Bressan

36 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing like Aether Raids, all the different structures will be bonus structures sometimes, so all the first levels will probably be useful in the long run.

It does not matter in the long run, but it does not make sense to spend it on a Mechanism that is not very helpful in the short run. Those resources could be spent on a more useful Mechanism to make your life easier.

24 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm pretty sure killing everything as fast as possible will always be the best strat

Unless it's armor emblem

The reason we had to rely on stalling for copying strategy videos for Relay Defense instead of Galeforce was because very few players invested so heavily into a specific play style/tactic, in this case Galeforce. I invested a lot into Firesweep, but I doubt there a lot of players who invests even more into Firesweep than I have. I have a few Galeforcers myself, but outside of Cordelia, none of the rest are close to being fully merged or optimally built. While Galeforcers are not super expensive to build (unless you are using 5* exclusives), they are very Feather intensive.

Stalling, on the other hand, requires fewer resources. It is much easier to create a tank that can wall a single enemy at a choke point than to create a Galeforcer that can handle all types of enemies. While enemies will not initiate on your Galeforcer beyond the wall, enemies can still counterattack and can potentially kill your Galeforcer that way.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My score (744) is rank 4,132 right now. I guess with higher level and more difficult fights, some people will get lower scores (than me). Like in AA, top 3k should be possible. 

/Edit: Slightly confused by the attack phase. Do spears grow back? I get a better result when many players attacked the hour before? 

Edited by mampfoid

They spent most of the Feh channel talking about this mode, yet it's super confusing. The Strike phase is especially poorly explained. The game prompted me to "attack now!" on the Home screen, but it also tells me I'll get more score if I wait until an hour where we are "weaker" (like the Voting Gauntlet)? So should I wait then, and spend all three Counter Arrows when we are weaker? Or will that even happen? Askr's score is several times larger than Narcian's right now.

I'm getting less sure about this mode by the minute, right now it kind of feels like they took the bad parts of other modes and made them into one new mode (rewarding play at specific times, the bad scoring system, competing for rewards etc.).

Is it just me or is this the dumbest mode ever?

Yesterday I battled exactly one time and scored as promised 728 - tier 4. Which means your units determine everything, p2w basically, whatever...

Today I didn't even battle, just all my arrows at once. Probably a mistake but idc.

Its just a stupid mode imo.

36 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

The strike phase for sure is.

I liked the (one) battle we had yesterday, it was fun (and I expect it to get more challenging with time). Another mode with arena scoring was unnecessary though. 

36 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

The strike phase for sure is.

I liked the (one) battle we had yesterday, it was fun (and I expect it to get more challenging with time). Another mode with arena scoring was unnecessary though. 

I have to agree the one battle was fun. Tbt,  this would be an ok mode for aether raids 2.0

So as best as I can tell, this counterattack phase is basically just a Voting Gauntlet, but with different conditions for the multiplier.

13 hours ago, Arcanite said:

The REAL cheese is double galeforce on the top! If you have units powerful enough, you can defeat 3 things in one turn (or 4 with a well placed dance). 

Enemies after the first turn always spawn on the second row from the top (unless they're blocked by your attacker), so you can just set up a line of 2-range nukes at the bottom of the wall and just snipe everything dead regardless.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

As someone that has refused to use skill inheritance or merging, I found it interesting that I was still able to reach the maximum tier increase. I don't know what that says about the state of the game, or the mode, but it is interesting to note.

Think of this as Arena Tier 1. The promotion thresholds for promoting here are actually identical to the promotion thresholds in Arena Tier 1.

And I'll assume they'll be the same as the Arena thresholds for the rest of the tiers, as well.

3 hours ago, Super Endriu said:

Yesterday I battled exactly one time and scored as promised 728 - tier 4. Which means your units determine everything, p2w basically, whatever...

Today I didn't even battle, just all my arrows at once. Probably a mistake but idc.

Its just a stupid mode imo.

well. it's not pay to win if you save your orbs and use them on legendaries and mythics (even if you have bad luck, you'll eventually save them out of the tree). 
There are also a Lot of people in these modes who do extremely well without mythics or legendaries so it's very possible to do very well without them. just takes some creative planning and skill inheritance. 

i don't know if it's dumb. i think we don't know much about it yet and there will be more tweaking as it goes. i will say it's confusing because i have no idea what to do now. 

31 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well. it's not pay to win if you save your orbs and use them on legendaries and mythics (even if you have bad luck, you'll eventually save them out of the tree). 
There are also a Lot of people in these modes who do extremely well without mythics or legendaries so it's very possible to do very well without them. just takes some creative planning and skill inheritance. 

i don't know if it's dumb. i think we don't know much about it yet and there will be more tweaking as it goes. i will say it's confusing because i have no idea what to do now. 

P2w is relative of course. What I mean is the game rewards you for investing/pulling for certain units and not necessarily your gameplay skills. 

Take gc for example: you can choose your difficulty and can score as high as whale teams.

This one limits your score same as in arena and makes you consider pulling mythics.

Dont get me wrong,I am not overly concerned about this as I don't care about such mechanics. My askr trio is all 4*, even if that means lower score in arena 🙂 and I won't pull for any mythics I don't care about just because of this mode or any other.

1 minute ago, Super Endriu said:

P2w is relative of course. What I mean is the game rewards you for investing/pulling for certain units and not necessarily your gameplay skills. 

Take gc for example: you can choose your difficulty and can score as high as whale teams.

This one limits your score same as in arena and makes you consider pulling mythics.

Dont get me wrong,I am not overly concerned about this as I don't care about such mechanics. My askr trio is all 4*, even if that means lower score in arena 🙂 and I won't pull for any mythics I don't care about just because of this mode or any other.

that's fair. 
I pull for Mythics, because Sothis exists. teehee. 
So does Thrasir. i'd want them regardless if they were normal or whatever.

I will never blame the game for creating modes for having people spend money on it so they can continue to exist, thus creating a game i like. i just feel that you can do well without having to do it. it just takes a bit more work. 

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

that's fair. 
I pull for Mythics, because Sothis exists. teehee. 
So does Thrasir. i'd want them regardless if they were normal or whatever.

I will never blame the game for creating modes for having people spend money on it so they can continue to exist, thus creating a game i like. i just feel that you can do well without having to do it. it just takes a bit more work. 

How? :)

Maybe I am wrong in my assessment but doesn't it work like this:

Your final score is determined by the front row of your team. A mythic will boost that score.

So naturally a +10 mythic hero will provide a bigger boost?  

There is no workaround to this.

This won't spoil the fun for me but like I said it incentivizes people to spend their orbs in a certain way.

On top of that some people invested in +10 legendary heroes, they are not inclueded here. 

I am not complaining, cause I don't really care and will use my orbs the way I see fit (blew 160 on sanaki and elincia today - relatively worthless units in regard to most modes). Just saying.

30 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

How? :)

Maybe I am wrong in my assessment but doesn't it work like this:

Your final score is determined by the front row of your team. A mythic will boost that score.

So naturally a +10 mythic hero will provide a bigger boost?  

There is no workaround to this.

This won't spoil the fun for me but like I said it incentivizes people to spend their orbs in a certain way.

On top of that some people invested in +10 legendary heroes, they are not inclueded here. 

I am not complaining, cause I don't really care and will use my orbs the way I see fit (blew 160 on sanaki and elincia today - relatively worthless units in regard to most modes). Just saying.

For what it's worth, there's always a threshold where extra effort to boost your score is unnecessary since you're already in the highest reward bracket. Plus, often the difference between the highest reward bracket and the next best is so small as to make any extra effort more costly than what you get from it (eg: if you were buying orbs to solely maintain Arena Tier 21).

45 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

Best mode remains the best. I do like that this new mode doesn't need much of your time.

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Cain will always be a mainstay in my GC. he is awesomeness

Every time they make a new mode, I always want them to put Friend List units in there, cuz being able to share and see what other people are doing with their characters is the most fun thing for me.

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

I have yet to use any Arrows because I'm not sure when the best time to do it is, asgysgahgd

I don't think it matters, seems like it's like VG but without a personal score attached. 

8 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I have yet to use any Arrows because I'm not sure when the best time to do it is, asgysgahgd

me either. 

1 minute ago, Johann said:

I don't think it matters, seems like it's like VG but without a personal score attached. 

oh... really? hm. so we get more of these arrow thingy?

21 minutes ago, Johann said:

Every time they make a new mode, I always want them to put Friend List units in there, cuz being able to share and see what other people are doing with their characters is the most fun thing for me.

i agree. and it gives you ideas for builds and what not. 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

oh... really? hm. so we get more of these arrow thingy?

Nah, you just get the 3. I think the idea is to sort of channel the VG feeling of "let's get 'em!" with way less emphasis on the timing. Probably why we just get a few hundred feathers for it.

58 minutes ago, Johann said:

For what it's worth, there's always a threshold where extra effort to boost your score is unnecessary since you're already in the highest reward bracket. Plus, often the difference between the highest reward bracket and the next best is so small as to make any extra effort more costly than what you get from it (eg: if you were buying orbs to solely maintain Arena Tier 21).

Best mode remains the best. I do like that this new mode doesn't need much of your time.

I like gc best as well!

And I absolutely agree the difference in rewards is negligible. Doesn't need much of your time? Even less than lost lore 🙂

Even though Grand Conquest doesn't have arena score system, and you can use any unit and do as well as whales, it's still one of my least favorite game modes.

I just don't like Brigade battles, so I don't find enjoyment in GC. Many times I stopped to play it around tier 20, and without using all my lances just because I don't want to do more brigade battles. I even don't do all 4 Rival Domains battles, just the Normal one, for the orb, and the Infenal one, for the dews. Sometimes, but not always, I do the Lunatic, and I couldn't care less for Hard.

Edited by Diovani Bressan