New Heroes: Harmony amid Chaos

XRay

1 minute ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Can't have two archers in one banner. 😔 Maybe next time. *Sad Ashe noises*

To be fair, Ashe doesn't have to be an archer. I made him a Holy Knight.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Annette is going to be a pain in AR-D teams. 4 mov GF cavs is just unfair. Now I'm gonna fear B!Eliwood even more because he's the only guy W!Sothis can't tank. 

Unfortunately (or I guess fortunately depending on the perspective), Crusher does not boost cavalry's movement.

Just now, Mercakete said:

I'm at least hopeful for the rest of the Griel Mercenaries someday just because they're Griel Mercenaries. I think that Shinon is especially likely, though I want to see all of them make it in.

I feel like the next Tellius Banner should be Griel Mercenaries that we haven't gotten yet  

Despite all the Blue Lions love coming in, with Edelgard winning both CYL, and being the only house member that had a contestant in A Hero Rises, the FEH team knows which house is preferred from the mobile fan-base. I wouldn't be surprised if the Black Eagles preferential treatment doesn't establish itself as trend for future TH banners.

As for the banner its nice to see Bernie join, and the Ferdinand memes should still be funny even if they gave him the only male demote/4 star treatment. Too bad I am still trying to muster the orbs to get something from the FE7 banner, so I will likely still be way to depleted to even try for her.

Guys, I am so conflicted. On one hand, I am trying to save my orbs for Jill and Patty as much as I can. On the other hand...I FUCKING LOVE ANNETTE AND LYSITHEA! It's like they knew having both of them on a banner would be enough to kill my orbs XP

After giving it some thought, I'll probably prioritize Annette on this banner, cuz I know I'm just gonna pick Lysithea as my free Brave Hero this year.

Well, you know what, I suppose Sylvain could still get in sooner rather than later if he debuts as a seasonal. It's very possible given his popularity and that he would fit well enough as a groom or summer character. This would be better than nothing to me!

I do like Annette, but I'm not going to pour much into getting her right now. I don't want her THAT bad.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Unfortunately (or I guess fortunately depending on the perspective), Crusher does not boost cavalry's movement.

It doesn't for ranged Cavs, it does for melee

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

It works on melee cavalry, though, which are most commonly used for Firesweep Lunge shenanigans.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, you know what, I suppose Sylvain could still get in sooner rather than later if he debuts as a seasonal. It's very possible given his popularity and that he would fit well enough as a groom or summer character. This would be better than nothing to me!

I do like Annette, but I'm not going to pour much into getting her right now. I don't want her THAT bad.

Sylvain as a groom? Nah, he tends to end things before they get that far. I could see him as a summer unit, though. Still, I think his best holiday is Valentine's. Imagine the pickup lines.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

But it does? Crusher's description says: 

"Grants Atk+3. Calculates damage using lower off foe's Def or Res. If a Rally Assist is used by unit, target can move 1 extra space. (That turn only. Does not stack. No effect on cavalry allies with range =2). 

That last part tells me it works on melee cavs, aka Galeforce cavs. 

4 minutes ago, TeeGeeThree said:

I feel like the next Tellius Banner should be Griel Mercenaries that we haven't gotten yet  

Doubtful, seeing as the remaining ones are all guys. IS is allergic to giving men more attention than women in this game.

And I'm someone that really wants to see the rest of them as well so I can complete my collection. I love the Greil Mercs so much.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It doesn't for ranged Cavs, it does for melee

Oh yeah, you are right. I keep missing things these days. I need to pay more attention.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

It works on melee cavalry, though, which are most commonly used for Firesweep Lunge shenanigans.

I got Kronya pretty decently well built now, so I think I am safe from that. But yeah, if you are not prepared for it, it could be extremely annoying.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

But it does? Crusher's description says: 

"Grants Atk+3. Calculates damage using lower off foe's Def or Res. If a Rally Assist is used by unit, target can move 1 extra space. (That turn only. Does not stack. No effect on cavalry allies with range =2). 

That last part tells me it works on melee cavs, aka Galeforce cavs. 

Yeah, I missed that last part.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Doubtful, seeing as the remaining ones are all guys. IS is allergic to giving men more attention than women.

And I'm someone that really wants to see the rest of them as well so I can complete my collection. I love the Greil Mercs so much.

I mean, I'm in a similar position, but IS has been giving their male characters more love lately (i.e., this year's Valentine's banner including Alm, Rudolf, and Conrad.) Maybe that was just a Valentine's thing, though.

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Sylvain as a groom? Nah, he tends to end things before they get that far. I could see him as a summer unit, though. Still, I think his best holiday is Valentine's. Imagine the pickup lines.

So? He still has some interest in romance and girls. Otherwise, I don't think he'd bother trying to date any at all despite his actual attitude on the matter. And he can still get married. He has quite a strong marriage and relationship with his wife too, considering how...ah...fruitful it becomes. XD

Spoiler

Meaning, regardless of who his wife is, he has a lot of children with her!

Also, Valentine's is done already. We won't see that for another whole year.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh Ferdinand is in and the 4* demote great.  Sadly he is a lance unit I always had him use axes in THs.  Well I am pulling blue since Ferdinand is the only one I want.  

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Doubtful, seeing as the remaining ones are all guys. IS is allergic to giving men more attention than women in this game.

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

I mean, I'm in a similar position, but IS has been giving their male characters more love lately (i.e., this year's Valentine's banner including Alm, Rudolf, and Conrad.) Maybe that was just a Valentine's thing, though.

We did get Nils, Rath, and Heath on the last banner.

Just now, EricaofRenais said:

Oh Ferdinand is in and the 4* demote great.  Sadly he is a lance unit I always had him use axes in THs.  Well I am pulling blue since Ferdinand is the only one I want.  

Yeah, I think I would've preferred Ferdinand as an axe cav too. I know it would have meant him color sharing with Annette, but we haven't gotten an axe cav in the regular summoning pool since Titania, so I feel like we're overdue for a new axe cav.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

We did get Nils, Rath, and Heath on the last banner.

Heath is a GHB, not on the banner. Rath was an insta demote. Not really that much more male favoritism, honestly.

Most banners have more females and those females typically always get the better skillsets. 😕

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So? He still has some interest in romance and girls. Otherwise, I don't think he'd bother trying to date any at all despite his actual attitude on the matter. And he can still get married. He has quite a strong marriage and relationship with his wife too, considering how...ah...fruitful it becomes. XD

The point I was making (without giving too much away) is that he's actually really uncomfortable with the idea of marriage unless paired off at the end of the game, and then only with the one lady. So dressing as a groom on default Sylvain would probably make him super uncomfortable. Not sure he'd agree with it, being resentful about being a "studhorse."

So I checked Rokkr Sieges, and the structure there does boost ranged cavalry to 4 Move. So I don't understand what the "except ranged cavalry" bit is doing in parentheses as if it's a given when it's not a limit on the only other thing so far that can boost cavalry Move.

Just now, Mercakete said:

The point I was making (without giving too much away) is that he's actually really uncomfortable with the idea of marriage unless paired off at the end of the game, and then only with the one lady. So dressing as a groom on default Sylvain would probably make him super uncomfortable. Not sure he'd agree with it, being resentful about being a "studhorse."

He's not uncomfortable with marriage. He's just uncomfortable with marrying a girl who just wants to make him her Crest baby daddy. Or getting forced into an arranged marriage. He's definitely fine with marrying a girl who actually loves HIM and not simply something he has.

Ok. Two things I noticed:

1. Flame Emperor looks to have a Guard Axe. That Axe looks similar to the Guard Sword and Lance. So no Prf Axe for the Flame Emperor. I believe it will be an armor unit, but I don't think it will have 180 BST, even with merge... Maybe It will have176, and 179 with a merge, just to troll.

2. Why are we not getting new Sword or Axe Cavalry units in the normal pool? We are only getting Lance units, since Book 2! I don't remember any normal (not seasonal or Legendary) Sword or Axe Cavalier in Book 3 at all. I may be wrong, but the last one was... Ares? In May 2018?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

He's not uncomfortable with marriage. He's just uncomfortable with marrying a girl who just wants to make him her Crest baby daddy. Or getting forced into an arranged marriage. He's definitely fine with marrying a girl who actually loves HIM and not simply something he has.

That's only through development via supports, though. Without them (hence "default Sylvain") he hasn't grown to be okay with it and is just messing with people as a way of lashing out and trying to find some enjoyment in his situation.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Heath is a GHB, not on the banner. Rath was an insta demote. Not really that much more male favoritism, honestly.

It is far cheaper to give a unit a premium skill kit than to make them +10 if they are 5* exclusive, so I would argue the demote is far better than making someone 5* exclusive. You have to pull 11 5* copies to +10 somebody, not to mention premium skills too depending on how your play style. Getting a functional premium skill kit is far cheaper since you need to pull at most 4 skills (Weapon, A, B, C).