Jump to content
NSSKG151

March's Mythic Hero - Bramimond: The Enigma

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Was this really necessary?

I'd say it is necessary. Seriously, you complain about almost everything that isn't Tellius, Frederick, or Three Houses. Honestly, about 80% of the comments you make on new banners are complaining.

Before you get annoyed about a character having different voices, how about you actually read up on why that is. Why Bramimond is like this is clearly explained in his backstory. I don't see why we should have to spell it out for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, now I may have a problem during light Seasons.

In-combat buffs are part of my light team. I use Nowi + Marth, and Duo Alm + Brave Lucina. Now, Marth's drives and Spurs, and Lucina's Lance effects will be nullified against him?! Yeesh. He also negates Peony's drives.

Anyway, that's a nice surprised! A pretty good one! I am still skipping the banner, though. Saving for more Duo Alm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bramimond...now that's badass! This guy is pretty god tier if FE6/FE7 are anything to go by so it's no surprise he's a mythic hero. I also like the reference of him having Lyn's/Hector's/Eliwood's/Alfonse's or Kiran's(?) voices which is him reflecting the speech of whoever is talking to him. Damn, he's really cool. 

As for the rest of the banner...well, this one seems nice if you chose B!Eliwood and want to get the other 3.

Bramimond's skills...His Prf tells me he's going to be on the slower side of the spectrum, which isn't a good thing in a world filled with NFU but hey, he'll do a nice number to anything that doesn't bring it. If I'm reading his C-skill correctly, it nullifies Spurs/Drives/Kaden. Couple that with his Lull...yeah, his Abyssal battle is not going to be fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'd say it is necessary. Seriously, you complain about almost everything that isn't Tellius, Frederick, or Three Houses. Honestly, about 80% of the comments you make on new banners are complaining.

Before you get annoyed about a character having different voices, how about you actually read up on why that is. Why Bramimond is like this is clearly explained in his backstory. I don't see why we should have to spell it out for you.

I didn't ask anyone to tell me who he is and I didn't care to know though?

And when is rude sarcasm ever necessary?

Also, I've been positive about plenty of banners and things in this game, people just only seem to like focusing on when I'm not. And other people here get disappointed with things in this game as well, why is it a problem if I am?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Before you get annoyed about a character having different voices, how about you actually read up on why that is. Why Bramimond is like this is clearly explained in his backstory. I don't see why we should have to spell it out for you.

...have you ever heard of "first impressions?"

If this is the first time @Anacybele has seen Bramimond, then obviously they aren't going to know that. And the average person (that does not mean you or people like you) is not going to see this new thing and look up who they are, they're going to give an opinion right there and then. Yes, even on the internet. Even when we have a tool as convenient as google right there, we will do so subconsciously much to not use it.

Edited by Xenomata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'd say it is necessary. Seriously, you complain about almost everything that isn't Tellius, Frederick, or Three Houses. Honestly, about 80% of the comments you make on new banners are complaining.

Before you get annoyed about a character having different voices, how about you actually read up on why that is. Why Bramimond is like this is clearly explained in his backstory. I don't see why we should have to spell it out for you.

My two cents:

People didn't know who Altina was. There is no reason to get on a high horse because someone doesn't know who an obscure Elibe character is. Also, I showed her why the three voices are there on Discord and she said that actually sounds interesting.

I've been lurking in these threads, and you people need to try to give her a break instead of doing this every time she comments on a banner, even if she doesn't like all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Xenomata said:

...have you ever heard of "first impressions?"

If this is the first time @Anacybele has seen Bramimond, then obviously they aren't going to know that. And the average person (that does not mean you or people like you) is not going to see this new thing and look up who they are, they're going to give an opinion right there and then. Yes, even on the internet. Even when we have a tool as convenient as google right there, we will do so much to not use it.

 

Just now, Dragoncat said:

My two cents:

People didn't know who Altina was. There is no reason to get on a high horse because someone doesn't know who an obscure Elibe character is. Also, I showed her why the three voices are there on Discord and she said that actually sounds interesting.

I've been lurking in these threads, and you people need to try to give her a break instead of doing this every time she comments on a banner, even if she doesn't like all of them.

What these two said, yeah. This is the first time I've seen Bramimond since I did not play far enough into FE7 to see him. In fact, I found out from what Dcat told me that I quit the game right before he would have shown up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, you're all forgetting the most important thing here.

We are literally on a fucking Fire Emblem website.

Don't know who someone or something is? Look through Serenes Forest dot net, one of your best sources of FE information, hold the whinging.

There's no excuse to not use the source you are literally on as you type stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sunwoo said:

Guys, you're all forgetting the most important thing here.

We are literally on a fucking Fire Emblem website.

Don't know who someone or something is? Look through Serenes Forest dot net, one of your best sources of FE information, hold the whinging.

There's no excuse to not use the source you are literally on as you type stuff.

Yes, and if someone gives a first impression opinion, that's not the end of the world either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Guys, you're all forgetting the most important thing here.

We are literally on a fucking Fire Emblem website.

Don't know who someone or something is? Look through Serenes Forest dot net, one of your best sources of FE information, hold the whinging.

There's no excuse to not use the source you are literally on as you type stuff.

Yeah, this is all true. Sometimes though, we just don't care to look something up because we're not interested in the topic. Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dragoncat said:

Yes, and if someone gives a first impression opinion, that's not the end of the world either.

Depending on how one phrases the first impressions opinion and said reputation of the user, it can be a problem in certain situations.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this is all true. Sometimes though, we just don't care to look something up because we're not interested in the topic. Just saying.

Not an excuse. You cared enough to post a first-impressions opinion, therefore you can look it up yourself or keep your opinions to yourself.

You're not required to post every little thing that passes through your mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Sigh* Another perfectly good thread ruined by the same discussion yet again...

But anyway, Bramimond is a cool pick and I'm glad they went with them for Elibe's Mythic. I'll probably do just the free pull here since I have almost every unit in it outside of Bram (obviously), Roy and F!Grima (Yes, I'm among the 1% that STILL doesn't have F!Grima).

Good luck to those who choose to pull!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t really care too much for his character, but his art and design are super cool regardless! 
 

I will probably go for Colorless (a full circle) because I actually don’t have any of them... green is my backup because I don’t have Mamori or Thrasir yet. I really could do without another B Micaiah though... 

I have all of blue and red so I will avoid, but red > blue personally.

other than that, saving my orbs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

From what I'm seeing around the net, Bramimond's inclusion shows who has done their research or not. The guy is an important part of Elibe's history and Blazing Blade in general, so those who say they have no idea who he is really need to actually read up on this franchise.

Or, you know, maybe there’s just plenty of people who haven’t played Blazing Blade or don’t give much of a shit about that game if they have played it (like me). You can’t expect FEH’s entire playerbase to be complete nerds who know literally everything about the series.

Regardless, good for the folks who do like Blazing Blade. Personally, I’m just glad that this wasn’t Ashera actually since I intend to start saving orbs in earnest quite the joke, I know after the TH banner goes poof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Depending on how one phrases the first impressions opinion and said reputation of the user, it can be a problem in certain situations.

The only reputation I'm seeing is that she can't say a thing without getting this. Yes, she said Elibe is boring to her, which could have gone without, but saying "I don't know who this is" isn't a bad thing to say.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You're not required to post every little thing that passes through your mind.

She isn't, no. But she has the right to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, this is alright! I'll try for this one, but not so much to run my orbs out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, if you'd like to know the Sword Flier Bramimond is fighting is from Book 4: Chapter 4: Part 3: Ilian Determination. All the map details I can see match perfectly with that map.
She have 37 Res and no other enemies on the map have a way to boost Res.

Bramimond gains an extra 5 Atk/Def/Res if the enemy has higher than 50 Atk, which this Sword Flier does not have. She does, however, have higher than 35 Spd, giving them a follow-up attack. For the purposes of calculations, let's assume she is not penalized, since Bram does not have a natural form of debuffing and the allies typically used in these videos, the Askr Trio, do not have any means of debuffing either.

Bram gets an additional +7 Atk from Atk/Def Push. They are also doing an extra 3 damage from Lull Atk/Res. Finally, Void Tome gives +3 Atk.

If our generic Sword Flier girl has 37 Res, lowered down to 34 thanks to the Lull, then Bramimond should have done 64 Damage to a foe with 0 Res. Take off 7 from A/D Push and we have 57 Atk. Chop off all Might gained from the weapon and we are down to... 40 Atk?

If I'm wrong, feel free to pelt me with baseballs.

Edited by Xenomata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jave said:

*Sigh* Another perfectly good thread ruined by the same discussion yet again...

Right?!

Sometimes, if not most of the times, if you don't like a banner... It's better to ignore that thread and leave it for the people who likes those characters. Sigh... 

Back to the main topic, he looks a better option for Dark Teams than Yune, that's for sure. He is also the first unit that nullifies invisible buffs, like Drives and Spurs... That's very unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

The only reputation I'm seeing is that she can't say a thing without getting this. Yes, she said Elibe is boring to her, which could have gone without, but saying "I don't know who this is" isn't a bad thing to say.

She isn't, no. But she has the right to.

And it won't help me or my reputation to get called out on every little thing. I constantly feel like I can hardly say anything on this forum without someone getting offended at something for some reason. Many times I've considered leaving due to this, but stay because once in while, I do still get some enjoyment out of discussing FE and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless I'm mistaken, that C skill basically lets him ignore outside buffs (Drives, Goads/Wards, Lucina's lance, Yato, Peony's tome), I think a lot of people are going to be surprised how effective he is for Defense teams against common strategies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Was this really necessary?

Actually. . .yeah.

See, there's a lot of cool things in games that aren't Tellius.  Please give everyone else a chance, because Tellius literally has two mythics, and this is the first Elibe one.  If you don't know what it is, the first thing to do is NOT to whine about it.  It's really irritating.  Please change your outlook.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ok, now I may have a problem during light Seasons.

In-combat buffs are part of my light team. I use Nowi + Marth, and Duo Alm + Brave Lucina. Now, Marth's drives and Spurs, and Lucina's Lance effects will be nullified against him?! Yeesh. He also negates Peony's drives.

Anyway, that's a nice surprised! A pretty good one! I am still skipping the banner, though. Saving for more Duo Alm.

Void Tome is literally "Drive skills were a mistake".  😛

Anyway, colors.  I'm not liking blue, as there's two freebies in there.  Red's slightly better, as I don't have Roy, and Alm's surprisingly good fodder.  Green looks good - my Micaiah can do something about her -Atk, and I don't have Thrasir/Mamori.  Colorless has a merge in Robin, and two newbies.

Colorless = Green > Red >> Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

...does this mean we've got a non-binary Heroes character now? (Granted, their case is not the usual case of being non-binary.) 😛

 

Sorta tempted to get them, but I'm trying to get Shanan, so this is awkward...

I don't think so

 

I'll probably go for him, but I have bad luck with 8% banners. Surprised we got him before Athos

Edited by Rezzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

See, there's a lot of cool things in games that aren't Tellius.  Please give everyone else a chance, because Tellius literally has two mythics, and this is the first Elibe one.  If you don't know what it is, the first thing to do is NOT to whine about it.  It's really irritating.  Please change your outlook.

Yes, I know that? I DO enjoy Echoes, Three Houses, and Sacred Stones, you know. Tellius is not the only thing in FE that I like.

I never saw anyone in this thread whining about anything either.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

The only reputation I'm seeing is that she can't say a thing without getting this. Yes, she said Elibe is boring to her, which could have gone without, but saying "I don't know who this is" isn't a bad thing to say.

If that was all she'd said I wouldn't have responded to her in the first place. She went out of her way to express disappointment that it isn't a character she wants, a character who would have been the third mythic from that continent while Bramimond is the first from Elibe.

While I'll at least say her response is better than it would have been in the past, it was still pretty tone-deaf and selfish, and it's an attitude people are too used to seeing from her and are annoyed by. If she can't say a thing without getting this, it's because people are sick of it.

Edited by Florete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...