New Heroes: Journey Begins

Othin

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh gods.....Iago in Heroes. IS certainly likes putting him into crossovers despite being almost universally reviled. 

I feel your pain. Also, the fact that Iago has a prf tome while Travant doesn't have Gungnir literally hurts my soul.

Honestly, the only good thing about Iago's inclusion is that I get to beat the shit out of him with Berkut and Black Knight. Especially Berkut, cuz he was who I needed after the Fates shit show of villains honestly.

Edited by Gregster101

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious about Iago's tome. Honestly, I am looking forward to know what he has to offer. He may be the only hero I am interested from these group, since I am not really attached to any of the banner units.

I believe the update may be tonight, so... yeah. Iago... yay!

I wanted Lilith before and now I need her. Imagine her with bonus doubling!! Hmm maybe I'll need to put her on a team with Velouria (who I don't have), Ranulf and Kaden. Their main problem would be Bramimond, I think. Probably Brave Eliwood, too.

Well, this summarizes my impression about these units:

• Never used Rinkah.
  • Never recruited Midori (don't even know on instant whose child she is).
  • Never found Fortress a good unit.
  • Never saw Lilith actually fighting in this game.

• That said Midori is the most interesting unit of this banner. Her bow is really useful. If I should pull one with bad nature, I could pass her bow to Norne or NY!Corrin. Colourless is a mixed bag; whilst having the most interesting pitybreakers, it also has the worst 3-4* pool.
  • Lilith is also an interesting unit. A red flying dragon would be better since I have none, and I can't recall one already existing, but blue is ok too. Still blue is the most undesirable colour for me to pull from regarding pitybreakers. And the 3-4* pool isn't much better. Mordecai, Shanna and Thea are the only appreciated non 5* units from this colour.
  • Rinkah doesn't interest me since I already have raised two axe users, Hilda and Annette, who do greatly.
  • I don't know who Forrest shall come after: either his pathetic dad or Forrest Gump. Not even desirable as 3-4* unit. I never used and needed ploys at all.
  • I have nothing to say about Iago except that I even prefer Surtr as a "character" over him.
Edited by Reisalin Stout

10 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:
  • Never recruited Midori (don't even know on instant whose child she is).

Midori is Kaze's daughter. Maybe you didn't use him as well, or at least didn't pair him with someone.

10 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:
  • Never saw Lilith actually fighting in this game.

Lilith fights in the Castle Battles in Fates. She stays in her shrine and heals nearby allies (Birthright and Revelations) or attacks nearby foes (Conquest and Revelation).

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Midori is Kaze's daughter. Maybe you didn't use him as well, or at least didn't pair him with someone.

I think he never stayed alive in my Conquest runs... as some others.

I haven't get some kids yet... like Ophelia.

Lilith fights in the Castle Battles in Fates. She stays in her shrine and heals nearby allies (Birthright and Revelations) or attacks nearby foes (Conquest and Revelation).

The Castle Defenses?

Oh right, true!

Forgot about that...

Edited by Reisalin Stout

2 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:

think he never stayed alive in my Conquest runs... as some others.

I haven't get some kids yet... like Ophelia.

Yeah. We get too many units in Fates that it's pretty easy to ignore the kids. I get them, especially in Conquest, because it's another map where we get EXP for units and some extra rewards like gold and weapons, but outside Kana... I also ignore all others kids.

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

39 HP, 32 Atk, 26 Spd, 19 Def, and 35 Res. He has 40 total Atk from Panic+'s 11 Mt and Fortress Res 3's Atk-2; 32 + 11 - 3 = 40. And 40 total Res from Fortress Res 3's Res+5. You can see his stats during the FEH channel: https://youtu.be/bdCU1M-Kefs?t=638. And someone has cropped it. Forrest is essentially a +Atk, -Spd Priscilla or spring Bruno with flipped defenses. Or if Valentine's Silque dumped her defense for a attack, speed, and resistance.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I guess he is not great. At least he has a usable Res stat. Compared to Wrys, factoring in Dragonflowers, he loses two points in Res in return for having 5 more Atk and better mobility to better take advantage Res Ploy. Not the most meta nor powerful debuffer, but it is budget option. Fortress Res is also useful on Eir with Temari.

47 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So, Close Foil on Kronya would be too greedy? She wouldn't be able to retaliate against dragons, but the boost on Atk is welcome...

Depends on the map. I would personally stick with Close Counter since there are quite a lot of dragons in Aether Raids.

38 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:
  • I don't know who Forrest shall come after: either his pathetic dad or Forrest Gump. Not even desirable as 3-4* unit. I never used and needed ploys at all.

Fortress Res is useful for Sabotages, drawing Chills, and better compatibility with Eliwood: Blazing Knight.

It pairs especially well with Temari on Eir.

Just logged on this account to post for the first time in months only to say that Rinkah's art is probably the best thing I've seen added to this game since the beginning of it.

Almost makes me want to play again.

Edited by Vince777

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fortress Res is useful for Sabotages, drawing Chills, and better compatibility with Eliwood: Blazing Knight.

How is this exactly good, if skills like mirrors or bonds exist which also increase the resistance, but don't lower that attack?

The only unit who I can think of who's useful for a fortess skill is Cliff owed to his weapon.

11 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:
44 minutes ago, XRay said:

How is this exactly good, if skills like mirrors or bonds exist which also increase the resistance, but don't lower that attack?

The only unit who I can think of who's useful for a fortess skill is Cliff owed to his weapon.

Mirror Stance and Bonds do not visibly boost Res. You need a high visible Res stat to activate Sabotages and draw Chills away from allies, which Stances and Bonds do not help to do. The Atk reduction is also useful for reducing the support unit's Atk stat so they are not competing with combat units who need BK!Eliwood's buffs. The Atk reduction also helps Dancers/Singers on defense teams to attack less and Dance/Sing more.

Fortress Res should be looked at from a support skill perspective, NOT from a combat skill perspective. The only combat application I can think of for Fortress skills is as a defense against Blazing nukes.

And Kliff is better off not using Sagittae.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Reisalin Stout said:

A red flying dragon would be better since I have none, and I can't recall one already existing

Young Summer Tiki is our only one, I think. She's the only one I can think of right now, anyway.

This banner is alright. i'm not going all in on my orbs, but Rinka is cool and Midori is alright. 

Rinkah: Good art, a flashy new skill and a nice prf. My pulls will mostly go on green this banner.

Midori: Nice bow, nice close foil and even her other skills are at least nice to have. Not planning to go all out for Red, but I would't mind a new Midori.

Lilith: The star of the banner. A very very powerfull weapon and some neat skils. Still being Lilith is enough to reset my interest to zero%

Forrest: Bad. An entire banner worth of new stuff and Forrest gets one of the most unexiting kits i've seen. Fortress res has been powercrept since forever and even res ploy feels old. Lame stats and either being worse Veronica or just another interchangeable 'razzle dazzy' staff unit. Even compared to other demotes I see absolutely nothing exiting here. 

Iago: I don't dislike Iago as much as other people so he's fine. Just your avarage ghb.

Edited by Sasori

20 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Young Summer Tiki is our only one, I think. She's the only one I can think of right now, anyway.

Yeah, she's the only one. Much to my frustration, since I want one but I don't want to have to spend orbs on her.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Mirror Stance and Bonds do not visibly boost Res. You need a high visible Res stat to activate Sabotages and draw Chills away from allies, which Stances and Bonds do not help to do. The Atk reduction is also useful for reducing the support unit's Atk stat so they are not competing with combat units who need BK!Eliwood's buffs. The Atk reduction also helps Dancers/Singers on defense teams to attack less and Dance/Sing more.

Oh, I didn't notice that invisible buffs didn't affect B skills like chills and sabotages.

Well, then they have a purpose.

Res fortress could be interesting for regular Selkie then.

Why?

My -atk copy does very well with this.

59 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Ah, yes.

I will go for the 40 summon thing for this banner, get a guaranteed Lilith and then save for fallen heroes next month. As I never touched the Archanean games the special banner won't be that interesting. 

Midori has a really good weapon that would be scary on someone like a +10 Norne, with a 2 cooldown special or with heavy blade/B. Lucina support. Personally I am going to be using the rest of her kit for Julia as Naga tome already covers dragons. With Lul atk/red, Atk smoke and QR she will be awesome.

Rinkah, I don't care about her that much. To use her though I would revamp her entire kit and she would be properly invested in after Kana so it doesn't change things that much. 

Forrest was done dirty, a shame truly. Another male demoted in an (almost) full female banner since Valentine and his statline is making things worse. But for the 135 orbs thing I will be pulling. 

I am so excited about Lilith, her weapon is phenomenal hopefully she has trainee boost to make up for being a flying dragon. She can't use Galeforce to take advantage of her movement and as an enemy phase unit she has double effectiveness and to cover one the seal is filled and does not have any good B slot options (Luls, Nuls, Special fighter). But I want her regardless. 

9 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:
1 hour ago, XRay said:

Why?

My -atk copy does very well with this.

Blárblade and Life and Death is far more consistent in scoring kills.

On Enemy Phase, Blárserpent and a Stance skill is more consistent in killing enemies. You do not want to leave enemies alive.

Edited by XRay

Forrest is probably the only unit I'm interested in building on this banner. His stat line isn't the best, but if he has a super boon in speed, then it could be salvaged.

I'm really interested in Midori's weapon. That weapon effect is actually pretty insane for an enemy phase archer like Norne, especially when combined with a self-sustain option like Noontime (which would trigger every round of Combat if she doubles the enemy). Running Lull Speed / Def in the B slot would make this threshold easier to obtain, although she'd be weak to enemy specials. 

Iago is cool ghb unit. Never hated the dude in Fates purely because he was the only Sorcerer in that game who could reach a B-Rank in Staves. Since he's a F2P Red Mage, I'm hoping he doesn't use the Canas / Julius statline, and has something a bit more unique. Hoping his prf isn't situational either. Something like Lull Atk / Res and Renewal 3 as his weapon effects would be a neat reference to his personal weapon & skill respectively.

21 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Forrest is probably the only unit I'm interested in building on this banner. His stat line isn't the best, but if he has a super boon in speed, then it could be salvaged.

I'm really interested in Midori's weapon. That weapon effect is actually pretty insane for an enemy phase archer like Norne, especially when combined with a self-sustain option like Noontime (which would trigger every round of Combat if she doubles the enemy). Running Lull Speed / Def in the B slot would make this threshold easier to obtain, although she'd be weak to enemy specials. 

Iago is cool ghb unit. Never hated the dude in Fates purely because he was the only Sorcerer in that game who could reach a B-Rank in Staves. Since he's a F2P Red Mage, I'm hoping he doesn't use the Canas / Julius statline, and has something a bit more unique. Hoping his prf isn't situational either. Something like Lull Atk / Res and Renewal 3 as his weapon effects would be a neat reference to his personal weapon & skill respectively.

You liked the fact that he essentially was cheating in Ch. 26 of Conquest?

Personally I'm a little disappointed they made Iago a mage.  For me he was much more memorable as a staff-wielder, and provided he still got a Prf could have made for a more unique unit in Heroes.

Never thought I'd be pulling on this banner, but I really want Close Foil for Julius. 

3 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Personally I'm a little disappointed they made Iago a mage.  For me he was much more memorable as a staff-wielder, and provided he still got a Prf could have made for a more unique unit in Heroes.

Never thought I'd be pulling on this banner, but I really want Close Foil for Julius. 

I'm fine with him being a mage, if only cuz the idea of him being a staff wielder gives me terrible flashbacks to Ch. 26 of Conquest. I really hated that map cuz of the fact that Iago could spam staves even though he was in a class that should not be able to use them.

I'm going to need some time to decide whether or not to pull for Lilith. She looks fun, but I really don't want to miss Bride Fjorm's rerun, so I want to make sure I save as many orbs as I can. Want to at least figure out if I'll be pulling for anything on the upcoming special heroes banner before deciding.