May's Mythic Speculation: Anyone Feeling Anankos? Or is it a cold Day in Hel?

daisy jane

Let's Begin, Shall We?

xz7pi0qqowv41.png

Edelgard will be back in three months (unlike most heroes who are usually four after their debut), giving her the closest re-run time since Azura. (My guess is they didn't want to have her in August due to CYL, (and sharing with Gunnthra). So if you aren't liking Celica and Nagi (for reasons), Edelgard sharing with Thrasir and ?? is a good alternative. 

Marth and Ryoma are shunted all the way to October. This is making me believe they are trying to stretch out year 1 legendaries as much as they can because Ryoma had a hell of a stretch between visits the last time. Considerin that September is completely ??? for red -they could have moved one of them there. If you need Marth (or Ryoma/Guidance Fodder). now is the best time, (reminder: Tana does have 2 revival banners coming up at 4% if you simply need guidance). 

May being an odd month = mythic month. the last hero Bramimond  was our first Colourless Mage, and representing Dark. As Lif was Anima before him it stands to reason we're going to getting our next Astra hero. (why astra over light? I honestly don't know, but Astra seems like a nice idea). 

Red
Lif
Eliwood
??

Igrene, Ewan, Hubert, Catria and Mareeta have all appeared on a Heroes W/Banner in the last two months. As always we assume that Red Heroes W/participants mean they are less likely to appear on a legendary/mythic banner - this puts the spotlight firmly on... Eyvel (or Larcei). Shannan also appeared on a Heroes W/banner and thus would be skipped anyway. No offence to Eyvel (who shoulda been demoted). but I think she's gonna be skipped. (If Larcei has a Banner they could go with Kiria - which i wouldn't even think of, only that Tsubasa is on this banner so who knows?)

Blue (Legend Locked)
Lucina 
Ephriam 

Julia

Pretty easy.

Green
Hector
??
??

Osain has had a heroes w/banner - but green being such a small pool. i'd think he'd show up here anyway. They Could include Ced here too, but i do believe they will try to repeat and stretch out the green pool here. (and we'll probably see the same with Colourless). Possible repeats who would be the third are: Kaden, Lugh, Ranulf, Sue, Adrift Corrin, Lewyn,  and Helbindi
Corrin & Ranulf:  Rally+ fodder, Lewyn, Special Spiral Fodder, Sue: Tier 4 C skill fodder, Helbindi: Duel Skill Fodder. (there's also Lugh (Rally Res Up+ Fodder) and Kaden hasn't been seen for a hot minute and is a good support bot.

Colourless
Leif
Alm
??

If you asked me before, I woulda thought this would be Larum because I didn't expect them to put both Silque & Larum on the same banner but thinking about it now it makes sense going with Eir whom a lot of people may have had already and putting aside relatively "undesirables on one colour. And - Leif + Alm often bring together an amazing Third Unit along to their "let's just make everyone miserable, shall we?" Party. Usually it's dragons in the form of Tiki & Corrin, but this time we're looking at a girl with a peacock motif in the form of Eleonora. (that's either merges, - 2 push skills, rally atk/spd fodder and a ruse skill. winner winner, chickpea dinner right here). 

So those are the main units. 
Per usual, I will be more surprised if there are Seasonals on the banner (don't expect it, so not gonna predict it). So where does the Hero Fit?

Red, Green or Colourless.
I think Colourless is out because of Bramimond. 

We still don't have Hel, but with Journey Begins banner with the Fates units, Anankos  could pop up as well. (I know Athos is always being brought up  - again my FE Lore is really waning here when it comes to the actual Gods/Mythics etc of the game). I  do not  expect any Three Houses Representation though

truthfully, I am going to go with Anankos and he will be Colourless
(to be fair, I picked red first - but as as a few people were pointing out, i think if they can avoid making another red hero - they'll probably do it). Being Colourless - allows a Blue/Red(Colourless) option for Astra. and I don't think he fits green.

Well that's me and my thoughts. 

Edited by daisy jane

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I'm not sure anymore given that I've almost never guessed any legendary or mythic right unless there was some datamine hinting towards them (this happened with Hrid and Lif from what I remember).

I'm just going to say I still await Ashera, Ashunera, Soan, and Lehran.

I'd also like to see the four Saints from TH since we did get an idea of what they looked like via the statues of them in the cathedral.

I'm gonna guess Hel. Not sure whether she'll be Astra or Light, those are the two mythic elements we've only gotten two of.

I'm guessing we'll get legendary Byleth in August. If we get a 3H mythic in the meantime, probably Seiros in July.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd also like to see the four Saints from TH since we did get an idea of what they looked like via the statues of them in the cathedral.

3H spoilers:

All four saints show up in person in some form. Cihol and Cethleann are Seteth and Flayn, while the other two appear as monster bosses in sidequests.

I'm guessing Seteth and Flayn will appear as regular heroes at some point, while I don't think we'll get the other saints since they aren't as relevant.

The dream would be a grey unit simply because it might then be the best lineup for one colour ever. Having Eleanora there instead would be a bit of a bummer, not because she's a bad unit necessarily, but one who is nonetheless pointless if run alongside Alm with the same odds. Then again, it'd make me not feel bad for not having built up a 500+ orb stash by the time the banner is up.

Red is good for one 5-star pull if it isn't Hubert - fixing my -Atk Eliwood isn't a priority but it's better than anything blue and probably green have to offer.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

3H spoilers:

Hide contents

All four saints show up in person in some form. Cihol and Cethleann are Seteth and Flayn, while the other two appear as monster bosses in sidequests.

I'm guessing Seteth and Flayn will appear as regular heroes at some point, while I don't think we'll get the other saints since they aren't as relevant.

I'm aware of all this already.

It doesn't mean we can't get the four saints as mythics. Alts have been a thing for ages now. Both Owain and Odin are in even though they're the same character. And the saints are no more relevant than Altina was to RD and she got in.

Rhea should be a normal banner character imo. Seiros can be the mythic.

Edited by Anacybele

next mythic hero'll most likey be red, but i really don't know who that may be

my guesses are Ashera (Red tome - Armored/Infantry) or Seiros (what i'm terribly scared of since i'm out of orbs), but i'm not really that sure

As I mentioned in another topic (I didn't notice this one existing), I want to refrain from pulling in from now on for Brave Edelgard after this banner or a fallen one. However, the following banners from now until July are some of the best ones for me, as at least 2 colours offer units of great value.

If the new heroes banner in a few days is fallen then most likely Gunter will be in there so I don't see them pulling an Anankos and the Mythic could be a Tellius one (Ashera, Dheginsea, Soan etc.) or something from 3H like Seiros, Nemesis, Rhea even. If the banner is Tellius (Crimean Knights or Dawn brigade) then the mythic could be Anankos or the something else. My point is I doubt they will go on to make banners in the same month from the same game. 

25 minutes ago, Yexin said:

my guesses are Ashera (Red tome - Armored/Infantry) or Seiros (what i'm terribly scared of since i'm out of orbs), but i'm not really that sure

Ashera should be a colorless tome imo now that that's a thing. Though if not her, then Ashunera should be, I suppose.

Edited by Anacybele

52 minutes ago, Yexin said:

It's probably the next legendary that will be red. May has one open red spot, but June has two. 

Still leaning towards Hel being the next mythic, cementing green as the least appealing color. Fine with me of course, I have to all in for blue. I've been chasing L!Ephraim and L!Lucina since their debuts.

Edit: Also, red legendary for June? Could it finally be L!Seliph's time!?

Edited by trainer_derp

There's an interesting pattern for the next three months. One color has three returning elemental heroes, two have two, and one has one. So for each month, we're either getting two colors fully packed with elementals (has that ever happened?) or it'll be in the color that's short on reruns. If it's the short color, which I think is likely, that says green for May (Hel), red for June, and colorless for July.

So, assuming the mythic is Hel (or at least some green hero), we've got one slot each for red, green, and colorless.

Colorless seems like a pretty safe bet for Eleanora, unless they want to move Leila ahead of her so colorless won't be all bows.

For red, we've already gotten other reruns for Hubert, Catria, Ewan, Igrene, Mareeta, and Shannan, so I'd say that only leaves Eyvel, Larcei, and Kiria among the units from the right timeframe. Eyvel seems unlikely, and I'd bet that they're more inclined to give her and Larcei other reruns while putting Kiria here.

For green, Osian and Ced seem like the two big ones. They've both already had other reruns, but for green and colorless, they seem to be also including those units on legendary banners rather than skipping them, so I'm guessing one of them will be in May and the other in June. Maybe Ced in May and Osian in June for more unit type variety?

While we're looking ahead, June will probably have the other of Eleanora/Leila in colorless. It'll also need a red unit - could be the other one of Eyvel/Larcei/Kiria, unless they decide that's a good time for Lysithea. July will probably have Bernadetta and Annette, plus whatever blue needs a home. Probably Nils or Lilith?

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ashera should be a colorless tome imo now that that's a thing. Though if not her, then Ashunera should be, I suppose.

whoops, what a lapsus: yeah, i meant to type Ashunera, although it would be strange to release her before Ashera

4 hours ago, Othin said:

It's probably the next legendary that will be red. May has one open red spot, but June has two. 

free spots don't mean much tbh (unless a color section is already full, of course), i think that looking at what colors most recent legendary/mythic heroes were is a more reliable source to guess what the next one will probably be

granted, they might change the color sequence to make things a bit different, but i don't think free spots have anything to do about it

Edited by Yexin

1 minute ago, Yexin said:

whoops, what a lapsus: yeah, i meant to type Ashunera, although it would be strange to release her before Ashera

Yeah, but strange things have happened in this game before, even early in its life (Sanaki as the very first Tellius character...).

No clue, I doubt it'll be Rhea since we just got a 3H Legendary Hero. I doubt they'd do back to back. Though it'd be cool if it was her so I can save orbs. Idk maybe a Tellius character? Though I'd prefer them to give us a Tellius Legendary rather than a Mythic. Tbh Hel is long overdue, so it could be her. It could be anyone really, what do I know? Anankos would actually be cool though. I'll probably pass whoever it is, the Edelgard banner whittled me down to 100 orbs. So I need to save for something I really want. I think the Mythic I'd want the most is Soan. If that ever happens, I'll cry. But they need to give us Stefan before Soan.

I call Hanon bringing her sexy Mulagir 3.0 to the Colorless Bow party. It'll let them reserve the relatively small Colorless pool you've got up there for a little longer plus make literally everyone go headfirst into Colorless hell.
Sadly, Anri has to wait until Light and Red line up, so it's gonna be a while before we get him since July is locked in on Reds.

Edited by SoulWeaver
July not June lol

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I have doubts about Hel ever being a playable character. But, then again, I'm pretty much always wrong in my Heroes predictions, sooooo...yeah. I kinda feel like Anakos is due, or Fomortiis.

If they're willing to make Surtr playable, why not Hel?

Yeah, I didn't think Surtr should've been playable and I don't think Hel should be either. They just don't make sense that way. All FE games have named NPCs that are never playable. Heroes shouldn't be an exception.

Edited by Anacybele

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I didn't think Surtr should've been playable and I don't think Hel should be either. They just don't make sense that way. All FE games have named NPCs that are never playable. Heroes shouldn't be an exception.

-looks at OG Veronica-