June 2020 New Heroes Speculation

June 2020 New Heroes  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/2020 at 05:29 PM

5 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

But Mustafa has relationships with playable characters. In Henry's supports we find out he saw Mustafa as a hero and a sort of father figure. Also in the "Meet some of the Heroes" page it says that Mustafa helped Olivia escape from Plegia. I don't remember when this is said in the game but I haven't played Awakening in a while so I am more inclined to trust the developers' word on this rather than my faulty memory. I still agree that Shirahim is better what with him being an incredibly memorable boss IMO, but that doesn't mean Mustafa isn't also good.

A more proper comparison is other minor bosses and villains from Awakening. I don't think there's any that's fondly remembered like him. Even some that have more screentime and presence like Excellus aren't as memorable IMO.

The question wasn't about other Awakening bosses though. The closest Awakening boss is Yen'Fay, who I'd argue is a bit better than Mustafa.

Also, Excellus is cancer and had better not make it in, ever, under any circumstances. Except maybe as a literal punching bag.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't pretend to even know what half of the Camii of the series are about, but Mustafa I like, because his motivations are not based on stupidity disguised as honour, but are instead entirely practical. Like, y'know, life and death.

I'm not trying to call out any of the examples given above, as I don't even know them. But I use the example of say, Selena in FE8, and indeed Camus himself, and I can't sympathise with them at all because all I see is their lack of grey matter.

Edited by Humanoid

46 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Shirahim is far, far better than Mustafa. Like, he actually has relationships with multiple playable characters and we actually know his backstory and motivations. It's like saying that Camus is bad because Mustafa could vaguely be described as part of that archetype. Shirahim is actually one of the best members of the honorable foe/Camus archetype.

I did say that one of them was done better; that's not the point. My point was that Tellius "[getting] this treatment" could be neat, actually, since that means getting the local Camus et PoR's is good. (The OC part, of course, I'd rather avoid, but if it's both or none at all... i'll take a fairy if it gets him in the game.)

That said, Mustafa is well done, for Awakening, and comes from a memorable chapter, and I like him being in FEH more than I'd have liked, say, Priam or Yenfay (even though Yenfay would have made sense with Say'ri, i guess). He should probably have left his place on the banner to Emeryn (her role in the story makes it weird that she doesn't get to be a 5-stars imo), but he's fine.