June 2020 New Heroes Speculation

June 2020 New Heroes  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/2020 at 05:29 PM

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of hope it's something I can skip. I've been summoning way too much lately, and I'm scrambling for orbs right now to hopefully get a free fallen hero.

25 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

With the reveal of who's on this year's Bride/Groom banner, I'm pretty confident that the New Heroes June banner won't be Tellius.

Same. Sucks ass too, because while it's nice to get Tellius seasonals once in awhile, it's lame to barely get anymore new characters from there when there are still a bunch of notable ones missing.

43 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

With the reveal of who's on this year's Bride/Groom banner, I'm pretty confident that the New Heroes June banner won't be Tellius.

Then I'm predicting Awakening or it might be a ploy to get Tellius fans to waste their orbs for the new heroes banner. 

Yep. Tellius got Fallen Ike, Ashnard, Bride. Micaiah & Groom Sothe, Bride Nailah and Groom Rafiel.

The Mythic could also be Tellius, but not sure.

Can be a safe guess in saying that June's New Heroes Banner is no Tellius.

Edit: I forgot to mention Resplendent Sanaki as well.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'll go as far as to say the next banner will be Awakening.

9 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

This does not satisfy me. I have no interest in seasonals. At all. I want a regular Tellius banner.

Generally, I agree with this. IS's attitude with Tellius right now feels like "nah, Tellius can just get mostly alts, it doesn't really need many new characters" and I'd be pissed if this is really the case. But my hopes have still fallen greatly...

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Generally, I agree with this. IS's attitude with Tellius right now feels like "nah, Tellius can just get mostly alts, it doesn't really need many new characters" and I'd be pissed if this is really the case. But my hopes have still fallen greatly...

To me, the experience is akin to going to a restaurant, asking for a burger, and then finding out that the cook couldn't be bothered so he sent someone to Burger King. It's still a burger, but it's a shit one, and I'm not paying for it.

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

To me, the experience is akin to going to a restaurant, asking for a burger, and then finding out that the cook couldn't be bothered so he sent someone to Burger King. It's still a burger, but it's a shit one, and I'm not paying for it.

Yeah, that's a pretty good analogy. Even if it's nice to see Rafiel finally join his siblings. It doesn't help that I'm anti-Micaiah either. I'd highly prefer a real Tellius banner featuring the rest of the Greil Mercs or the Crimean knights with Kieran. Or that Daein banner I came up with that has Jill, Zihark, and Tauroneo.

I personally really like BK tho...

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that's a pretty good analogy. Even if it's nice to see Rafiel finally join his siblings. It doesn't help that I'm anti-Micaiah either. I'd highly prefer a real Tellius banner featuring the rest of the Greil Mercs or the Crimean knights with Kieran. Or that Daein banner I came up with that has Jill, Zihark, and Tauroneo.

I personally really like BK tho...

At this point, I'm fully expecting my nightmare scenario of Bastian debuting in a bunny suit to actually happen. And then I'll uninstall the game.

12 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

At this point, I'm fully expecting my nightmare scenario of Bastian debuting in a bunny suit to actually happen. And then I'll uninstall the game.

Bunny Bastian? That'd be hilariously awesome imo. XD

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

If the June banner ends up being Tellius new heroes this whole argument will look so silly. We would get 5 new characters + Ashnard and Rafiel, essentialy an ideal scenario.

We are complaining about getting new characters like Ashnard and Rafiel, because of a baseless assumption that this somehow disqualifies a full Tellius banners from happening. As if last year we didn't get full Tellius banners, after full Tellius seasonals, after full Tellius banner back to back. 

Ironically, getting only the New Heroes banner, and that being it for a while, which means less Tellius content overall, would have been better received because the fanbase has become trained to expect the worst from even good news. What a pessimistic way to look at the game.

IS: GOOD NEWS! Tellius characters are coming with the next update! Aren't you happy Tellius fans?

Tellius fans: How dare you!?

9 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

If the June banner ends up being Tellius new heroes this whole argument will look so silly. We would get 5 new characters + Ashnard and Rafiel, essentialy an ideal scenario.

We are complaining about getting new characters like Ashnard and Rafiel, because of a baseless assumption that this somehow disqualifies a full Tellius banners from happening. As if last year we didn't get full Tellius banners, after full Tellius seasonals, after full Tellius banner back to back. 

Ironically, getting only the New Heroes banner, and that being it for a while, which means less Tellius content overall, would have been better received because the fanbase has become trained to expect the worst from even good news. What a pessimistic way to look at the game.

IS: GOOD NEWS! Tellius characters are coming with the next update! Aren't you happy Tellius fans?

Tellius fans: How dare you!?

Bead in mind, I'm not protesting the special heroes banner (at least not more than usual because I don't like ANY special heroes banners). I'm protesting the idea that this somehow in any way diminishes or satisfies the need for an actual Tellius banner. That's an entirely separate discussion.

I will be overjoyed if we get a Tellius banner within the next few months.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Bead in mind, I'm not protesting the special heroes banner (at least not more than usual because I don't like ANY special heroes banners). I'm protesting the idea that this somehow in any way diminishes or satisfies the need for an actual Tellius banner. That's an entirely separate discussion.

I will be overjoyed if we get a Tellius banner within the next few months.

Oh absolutely, but I have a problem with the concept that this doesn't satisfy the desires of Tellius fans even a little. I made peace with the fact that some players care about seasonals and others do not, and I have seen people overjoyed for Rafiel and Nailah to be fair. I just the Tellius fans as a whole don't come out of this situation looking like spoiled jerks. Like, even if you don't appreciate the gift, in a way IS has made a nice gift for you as a Tellius stan whenever they do a Tellius seasonal like this one.

And to treat the attention with mockery or coldness because it's not exactly the one you wanted can feel a little ungrateful. I'm not accusing you of doing it, but if we get that new heroes banner in June I can see some people going "fuc**ng finally. It's been a year since Out of Gallia. IS must have an anti-Tellius bias, we got literally nothing for a whole year".

Meanwhile Altina, Ilyana, Rolf, og Sigrun, NY!Lethe, Rafiel and Ashnard: "so we are literally nothing, uh?"   

Meanwhile Genealogy fans who have gotten zero resplendent heroes vs Tellius' two.

Zero mythic characters introduced vs Altina and Yune.

Are in a similar situation as far as number of new heroes banners received and not having representation at launch compared to Tellius.

But don't get characters introduced as alts like Greil to ease the wait: "oh wow, that's terrible. How can IS shaft you so much? I can't relate to you at all with all the constant love I get."

Heck even something like NY!Lethe who was mostly met with a big WHATEVER from the Tellius fans would have made the Genealogy fans' day if it was Tailtiu or something. A classic example of a man's trash being another man's treasure.

Edited by GrandeRampel

37 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Oh absolutely, but I have a problem with the concept that this doesn't satisfy the desires of Tellius fans even a little. I made peace with the fact that some players care about seasonals and others do not, and I have seen people overjoyed for Rafiel and Nailah to be fair. I just the Tellius fans as a whole don't come out of this situation looking like spoiled jerks. Like, even if you don't appreciate the gift, in a way IS has made a nice gift for you as a Tellius stan whenever they do a Tellius seasonal like this one.

And to treat the attention with mockery or coldness because it's not exactly the one you wanted can feel a little ungrateful. I'm not accusing you of doing it, but if we get that new heroes banner in June I can see some people going "fuc**ng finally. It's been a year since Out of Gallia. IS must have an anti-Tellius bias, we got literally nothing for a whole year".

Meanwhile Altina, Ilyana, Rolf, og Sigrun, NY!Lethe, Rafiel and Ashnard: "so we are literally nothing, uh?"   

Meanwhile Genealogy fans who have gotten zero resplendent heroes vs Tellius' two.

Zero mythic characters introduced vs Altina and Yune.

Are in a similar situation as far as number of new heroes banners received and not having representation at launch compared to Tellius.

But don't get characters introduced as alts like Greil to ease the wait: "oh wow, that's terrible. How can IS shaft you so much? I can't relate to you at all with all the constant love I get."

Heck even something like NY!Lethe who was mostly met with a big WHATEVER from the Tellius fans would have made the Genealogy fans' day if it was Tailtiu or something. A classic example of a man's trash being another man's treasure.

Here's the thing. The FE community isn't a hivemind, but it also isn't a perfectly segmented faction system. A Tellius fan is probably also a fan of other games. I am a Tellius fan, but I'm also a Sacred Stones, Geneology, Three Houses, and Awakening Fan to varying degrees. 

Moreover, if something does not appeal to you, you aren't required to be satisfied with it. You can acknowledge that someone else might be happy with it, and you might even be able to appreciate that to some degree, but the nature of the beast is that one man's treasure is another man's trash. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Now, the motivation for wanting specific banners, for most people, is to obtain personally-desired characters. It is weird to think of game's in terms of representation check boxes. The whole "this game hasn't received a banner in a while, and therefore needs it just as much as this other game" is silly, because it assumes that all games have equal footing already. Even if Awakening hasn't received a banner in a long time, it still has far more characters in the game than Thracia or Sacred Stones, which absolutely need a new banner more. It just happens that Tellius hits both sides - it hasn't received a full New Heroes banner in a while AND it's still missing a lot of characters (by virtue of its massive roster).

I want a Tellius banner because it still has one of the largest and most important percentages of missing characters that I personally want. If they add a Tellius banner, but somehow, against all odds, manage to pick 5 characters that I don't have any attachment to (let's say Meg, Makalov, Devdan, Rolf, and Izuka), I'm not going to get anything more from it than I would from any other banner.

My attitude isn't "finally, a Tellius banner" so much as "finally, this character that I want is in the game!" And I think most of us can sympathize. Gregster has Jill. Anacybele has Kieran. I have Bastian, Zihark, and Nasir.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Here's the thing. The FE community isn't a hivemind, but it also isn't a perfectly segmented faction system. A Tellius fan is probably also a fan of other games. I am a Tellius fan, but I'm also a Sacred Stones, Geneology, Three Houses, and Awakening Fan to varying degrees. 

Moreover, if something does not appeal to you, you aren't required to be satisfied with it. You can acknowledge that someone else might be happy with it, and you might even be able to appreciate that to some degree, but the nature of the beast is that one man's treasure is another man's trash. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Now, the motivation for wanting specific banners, for most people, is to obtain personally-desired characters. It is weird to think of game's in terms of representation check boxes. The whole "this game hasn't received a banner in a while, and therefore needs it just as much as this other game" is silly, because it assumes that all games have equal footing already. Even if Awakening hasn't received a banner in a long time, it still has far more characters in the game than Thracia or Sacred Stones, which absolutely need a new banner more. It just happens that Tellius hits both sides - it hasn't received a full New Heroes banner in a while AND it's still missing a lot of characters (by virtue of its massive roster).

I want a Tellius banner because it still has one of the largest and most important percentages of missing characters that I personally want. If they add a Tellius banner, but somehow, against all odds, manage to pick 5 characters that I don't have any attachment to (let's say Meg, Makalov, Devdan, Rolf, and Izuka), I'm not going to get anything more from it than I would from any other banner.

My attitude isn't "finally, a Tellius banner" so much as "finally, this character that I want is in the game!" And I think most of us can sympathize. Gregster has Jill. Anacybele has Kieran. I have Bastian, Zihark, and Nasir.

Which is fair. It's obvious that not every game is in the same boat and Echoes or Awakening don't really need to get 1 banner a year because they have a lot of the cast already in the game. They can slow down new heroes banners from those game and maybe compensate with the occasional mythic or even some alts.

But Genealogy and Tellius are in a similar boat of having a lot of big players not in the game, so it felt fair to compare them. 

You bring up a good point about people wanting particular characters more than they want particular FE games, even if they often say they care about reps. Like mentioning that Blazing is long overdue for more reps and only after having said that they add the details about which characters they want. Others cut to the chase and straight up namedrop which characters should get added already without much tact.

I suppose it depends on how shameless you are and how much you are the type to bring up objectivity and data to justify what you want.

Of course I have my own preferences for which characters I want added even if I'm type who uses the reps arguments.

But the way I personally go about it is hoping for the best while being prepared for the worst. There are no characters from Binding that I want more than Dorothy and Saul, but I fully accept as a fact that they have no chance of being on the next two FE6 banners because other characters are more important and will be added first.

For Tellius I really like a bunch of characters like the Greil Mercs, Jill, all the Laguz. But if the banner was literally the Dawn Brigade but without Fiona, Volug and Meg (the ones I actually like) and without the Jarod GHB that I really want, I'll probably get mad for a little bit, but not much. It's not worth it to get worked up over a videogame and it's not like IS decided to specifically screw me over. They had no way of knowing the banner wouldn't satisfy me.

It would be better to be positive and use my energy to congratulate that one user who really loves Edward instead of being grumpy about it.

And the silver lining is that they can only dance around the characters I care for so many times before they are literally the only ones left to add.

Man, how funny would it be if Fiona and Meg got totally stacked skillsets and stats in Heroes since they're so awful in RD? lol

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

And yep, I totally agree with this post. Most new Tellius additions are ones I'd be pretty satisfied with at this point. The only ones I wouldn't care for are the main DB members, more or less. And I guess Geoffrey, but I'm betting he's going to be joined by Bastian and Kieran when he gets added, so he'd still be more interesting to me than the DB.

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Man, how funny would it be if Fiona and Meg got totally stacked skillsets and stats in Heroes since they're so awful in RD? lol

It's not as funny as the mere prospect of Fiona getting into Heroes at all.

Though really, she has the least amount of CYL votes out of all the playable females (597 votes). The only playable guys that she's ahead of are:

Renning (the character who is only playable in RD's final five maps that nobody ever uses) 
Gareth (Mr. Only Playable in Two Maps Across Two Games)
Danved (his votes are separate from Devdan)
Largo (late game pre-promote who isn't even playable in RD)
Kyza (this guy sure exists and is very mediocre)
and lastly Nealuchi (old dude who's never particularly useful gameplay-wise)

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It's not as funny as the mere prospect of Fiona getting into Heroes at all.

Though really, she has the least amount of CYL votes out of all the playable females (597 votes). The only playable guys that she's ahead of are:

Renning (the character who is only playable in RD's final five maps that nobody ever uses) 
Gareth (Mr. Only Playable in Two Maps Across Two Games)
Danved (his votes are separate from Devdan)
Largo (late game pre-promote who isn't even playable in RD)
Kyza (this guy sure exists and is very mediocre)
and lastly Nealuchi (old dude who's never particularly useful gameplay-wise)

I figured, but you never really know, you know? I mean, when Reinhardt and Olwen were first added to Heroes, they were basically unknowns to so many people and surely scored pretty low in CYL1. Yet they were on one of the earliest banners period. And thanks to that, Reinhardt's popularity has skyrocketed more than anybody else's!

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I figured, but you never really know, you know? I mean, when Reinhardt and Olwen were first added to Heroes, they were basically unknowns to so many people and surely scored pretty low in CYL1. Yet they were on one of the earliest banners period. And thanks to that, Reinhardt's popularity has skyrocketed more than anybody else's!

Yeah but the thing with Olwen is that she's actually a good unit in her game and is one of Thracia's more popular characters. Fiona has neither of those aspects working in her favor.

Reinhardt, in addition to possibly benefiting from his sister's popularity (before he reached critical meme mass of course), was among the more notable enemy NPCs (along with Kempf) in Thracia and is also a contender for the hardest boss (in an already really hard map if you don't cheese it with Warp) in that game.

I might be alone in thinking this but I'm liking that Awakening is looking like it will be the focus for the new heroes banner on June 5. There's still plenty of characters from that game that I would like to see get added to Heroes and summer is usually the time they get one. Awakening's Anna is long overdue based on how well she scores every year in CYL, it would be pretty fun to hear Gangrel and Vaike and there are still some characters that were relevant to the narrative such as Emmeryn, Basilio and Flavia left to add.

Hopefully Tellius will get a proper new banner in late July once the Summer Seasonal drought is over (assuming it's not the June banner).