June 2020 New Heroes Speculation

June 2020 New Heroes  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/2020 at 05:29 PM

Not sure how likely Severa will be considering last year they focused on the gen 2 units so the next one is more likely to feature units from the gen 1 cast instead. I think Severa is more likely to show up on a seasonal banner than a new heroes banner.

Edited by NSSKG151

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Not sure how likely Severa will be considering we had a gen 2 banner last year so the next one is more likely to feature units from the gen 1 cast instead.

Severa literally has the fourth most CYL votes out of all of the FEH absentees (only behind Anna, Plumeria who'll be playable inevitably anyways so she shouldn't even count, and Jill). If she is absent from the next Awakening banner, I will not be a very happy man. At all.

Also, the banner does not need to be entirely 1st Gen or entirely 2nd Gen. They certainly haven't done that with Fates's banners.

Edited by Tybrosion

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Also, the banner does not need to be entirely 1st Gen or entirely 2nd Gen. They certainly haven't done that with Fates's banners.

Fates is also the only game that they mix the parents and kids together for banners. For Awakening and Genealogy they have always used only entirely Gen 1 units or entirely Gen 2 units on their banners. The only time they didn't was when the Morgans were added with a Chrom alt (and even then Owain was probably supposed to be on that banner before getting moved to Brave Redux)

Of course they can always break that pattern whenever they want but until then I going to be predicting the next Awakening banner will focus on gen 1 units, regardless of when Awakening actually gets a new heroes banner.

Edited by NSSKG151

8 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

have always

8 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

The only time they didn't was when the Morgans were added with a Chrom alt (and even then Owain was probably supposed to be on that banner before getting moved to Brave Redux)

Pick one. 

Also, you got a source on that Owain claim? Otherwise, I'm just going to treat that as just mere speculation on your part. 

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Pick one. 

Also, you got a source on that Owain claim? Otherwise, I'm just going to treat that as just mere speculation on your part. 

I did say 'probably' didn't I? As in it was nothing more than speculation on my part.

And I only brought up the Morgan banner (which for the most part could be considered a gen 2 event since Gerome was tied to it) just so it couldn't be used as a counter to my claim since the two Awakening new heroes banners since then had one focus on gen 1 characters and the other focused on gen 2 characters.

3 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I did say 'probably' didn't I? As in it was nothing more than speculation on my part.

And I only brought up the Morgan banner (which for the most part could be considered a gen 2 event since Gerome was tied to it) just so it couldn't be used as a counter to my claim since the two Awakening new heroes banners since then had one focus on gen 1 characters and the other focused on gen 2 characters.

Ok, then. Then there is no pattern entirely because of the existence of the horse Chrom banner. And honestly, I'm personally very certain that Chrom was always planned for that banner because it lines up with several other New Heroes banners that year which had a random alt (or two in Thracia's case). That, and the horse Chrom banner was in early March and therefore not very long after CYL2's results were revealed.

And even if there is a pattern, then to hell with it. Any Gen 1 character besides Anna shouldn't be prioritized over Severa just because they're Gen 1, plain and simple. The Awakening character with the third highest CYL vote total (Emmeryn) has a little more than 10,000 less votes than Severa for Naga's sake.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Severa literally has the fourth most CYL votes out of all of the FEH absentees (only behind Anna, Plumeria who'll be playable inevitably anyways so she shouldn't even count, and Jill). If she is absent from the next Awakening banner, I will not be a very happy man. At all.

i’m with you there man. Severa has consistiently scored in the top 70 in every CYL which out of 700+ total characters that’s still pretty good. The fact that she hasn’t at least gotten an alt yet baffles me. Like I know she ain’t the most popular but geez top 70 ain’t nothing to sneeze at. I’m honest to god baffled she hasn’t gotten anything yet when both Inigo and Owain have. I think besides Jill and Anna she’s one of the highest ranking members of CYL not in the game yet(Barring Selena)

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Ok, then. Then there is no pattern entirely because of the existence of the horse Chrom banner. And honestly, I'm personally very certain that Chrom was always planned for that banner because it lines up with several other New Heroes banners that year which had a random alt (or two in Thracia's case). That, and the horse Chrom banner was in early March and therefore not very long after CYL2's results were revealed.

And even if there is a pattern, then to hell with it. Any Gen 1 character besides Anna shouldn't be prioritized over Severa just because they're Gen 1, plain and simple. The Awakening character with the third highest CYL vote total (Emmeryn) has a little more than 10,000 less votes than Severa for Naga's sake.

Sigh whatever, believe whatever you want. No need to get all hot and bothered about it.

It would be great if both top 2 missing Awakening characters were put on the next banner together. I was merely trying to explain why that might not be the case.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah but the thing with Olwen is that she's actually a good unit in her game and is one of Thracia's more popular characters. Fiona has neither of those aspects working in her favor.

Reinhardt, in addition to possibly benefiting from his sister's popularity (before he reached critical meme mass of course), was among the more notable enemy NPCs (along with Kempf) in Thracia and is also a contender for the hardest boss (in an already really hard map if you don't cheese it with Warp) in that game.

I see. That all may be true, but I still say there's always a possibility for any character to be in Heroes, even if it's a small chance.

37 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Sigh whatever, believe whatever you want. No need to get all hot and bothered about it.

Sorry about that. I don’t usually get like that, it’s just that Severa is among the characters I’m very biased for and I’m getting increasingly frustrated the longer she goes ignored in Heroes.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Sorry about that. I don’t usually get like that, it’s just that Severa is among the characters I’m very biased for and I’m getting increasingly frustrated the longer she goes ignored in Heroes.

Hey, how do you think I feel about Miriel and Laurent

At least Severa's popular

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hey, how do you think I feel about Miriel and Laurent

At least Severa's popular

That’s part of the frustration, actually. Severa is popular, but yet has next to nothing in Heroes in spite of that (just her appearance as Selena). And yet, I know even I am not as upset with this as Ottservia is.

I feel that way about Kieran. Oscar was added back in freaking 2017 and we STILL don't have the other half of that duo. AND Kieran is a badly needed unit type: axe cavalry. So I keep going WHY.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It's fine. I know all too well what it's like waiting for certain characters to show up in heroes.

I'm hoping Severa gets added sooner rather than later too (preferably as an axe or bow unit instead of yet another infantry sword unit).

So at this point I think most people will have changed their minds about the new heroes banner being a Tellius one. I still stand by my guess of an Awakening banner. But I mean, it honestly could be a Tellius banner still. After all, the new special heroes banner will have a Fates character. The current new heroes banner has a Fates character and the previous new heroes banner was Fates focused. So if Fates can get so much in a row, why not Tellius? After all, if they're wanting to bombard us with the same stuff, it'd make sense. Since the most recent new heroes banner had a Tellius character and a Tellius GHB and the next special heroes banner has three Tellius characters, maybe it's actually a sign we will get a Tellius banner. Sanaki is also the next resplendent hero, though that's a bit irrelevant. I HOPE, but who knows. It's probably unlikely because they just love to give Fates so much attention, really is annoying.

It's the problem when you have a series with so many characters, tons of people will probably never get their favorites. And even though my most favorites are in the game, there are still plenty of characters I want that will most likely never get added.

Like Samson and Ralph. I want them in the game just so I can pair them up.

I'm definitely in the camp of "I want these specific characters" more than the camp of "I want this specific game." For Tellius, it's Brom, Jill, and Muarim. For Blazing Blade, it's Isadora, Renault, Lyn's Legion (Sain, Kent, Wil), and Oswin. For Awakening, it's Gregor. For Sacred Stones, it's Natasha and Knoll. And so on and so forth.

I'm definitely not ruling out the possibility that June's banner could be Tellius (bring Brom with you if you are, dang it!), but I really REALLY feel like it's gonna end up being Awakening.

For me, the thing with Tellius is that I feel like it's the world that's the furthest behind where it "should" be at this point. The only things I'd consider real competition are Jugdral and Fodlan, and both of those have logical reasons: Jugdral because it's the least well known / popular, and Fodlan makes sense to still need time to catch up because 3H was released so long after Heroes' launch. So Tellius stands out to me as needing lots more new characters, and that tends to take New Heroes banners.

49 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That’s part of the frustration, actually. Severa is popular, but yet has next to nothing in Heroes in spite of that (just her appearance as Selena). And yet, I know even I am not as upset with this as Ottservia is.

I think the reason why she wasn't added yet is because of Selena. Inigo (well the not dancer one isn't yet too). The only reason why Owain got in quicker was because of the farfetched heroes.

And Laurent... well he is Laurent. Left behind just like in the game.

Awakening banner with Gangrel GHB, Severa and Inigo as the latest, shiny OP red swords that get powercrept by the next month, green tome Laurent with some random new rouse skill who also serves as the instant demote, with Noire as a rather bland 5* colorless archer.

that’s I would want, anyway 🙂  lol

Just now, Ottservia said:

I just want Severa in the game you guys. I’m growing impatient 

Well, there's a good chance that she'll make it in. Who's even left other than her? Miriel, Gregor, Ricken and Kellam? Man, if Kellam makes it in before Sev...

Just now, Benice said:

Well, there's a good chance that she'll make it in. Who's even left other than her? Miriel, Gregor, Ricken and Kellam? Man, if Kellam makes it in before Sev...

Vaike, Miriel, Ricken, Kellam, Gregor, Basilio, Flavia, Say'ri, Emmeryn, Yen'fay, Gangrel, Valider, Priam, Laurent, regular Inigo, and regular Noire, I believe.

40 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Vaike, Miriel, Ricken, Kellam, Gregor, Basilio, Flavia, Say'ri, Emmeryn, Yen'fay, Gangrel, Valider, Priam, Laurent, regular Inigo, and regular Noire, I believe.

Plot twist: They put in Cordelia's commander, (can't remember her name right now) Mustafa, Validar and Priam.

I actually wouldn't mind a Sacred Stones banner THAT much, although Awakening does sorta need something at this point. We did get new SS units in October, (I think) but my boy Franz still isn't in Heroes. Maybe on a cavaliers banner with Lowen, Noah and Treck?

Would Awakening be cool?  Yeah.  Will it ruin my day if (insert character here) is skipped again?  Only if said character is Gangrel.

The bright side is that a character will have a better stats/selection of skills the later they're put in.  That's what I tell myself, anyway.