Jump to content
Fabulously Olivier

June 2020 New Heroes Speculation

June 2020 New Heroes  

48 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

    • Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
      1
    • Gaiden/SoV
      1
    • Geneology of the Holy War
      1
    • Thracia 776
      0
    • Binding Blade
      0
    • Blazing Sword
      0
    • Sacred Stones
      3
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
      18
    • Awakening
      14
    • Fates
      2
    • Three Houses
      8
    • Warriors
      0
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
      0
    • Cipher
      0
    • FEH Original
      0
    • Multiple games/themed
      0
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

    • Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
      2
    • Gaiden/SoV
      2
    • Geneology of the Holy War
      2
    • Thracia 776
      0
    • Binding Blade
      1
    • Blazing Sword
      1
    • Sacred Stones
      2
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
      19
    • Awakening
      8
    • Fates
      2
    • Three Houses
      6
    • Warriors
      0
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
      0
    • Cipher
      0
    • FEH Original
      2
    • Multiple games/themed
      1

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/20 at 05:29 PM

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

LOL the arguments about whether being alts only counts as being in the game will never die it seems. But this really isn't the place for that discussion.

Well, that's because it's a matter of personal taste, not really something that can be factually argued. I'll never have the same respect and regard for a silly version of a character over the regular one. As much as I love Bastian, I wouldn't throw orbs at him if he was released in a bunny costume (to give the example that would be the most likely to make me throw up in my mouth).

 

42 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Oh you had to remind us of the painful fact that Iago was one of the villain reps in Warriors X(

If I had to choose between Gangrel or Validar to add, Gangrel without question. As bleh as Gangrel is, he would make a neat dagger GHB since we only have Kronya for that, and the Gangrel arc is more or less the most consistent part of Awakening's story. Validar would just be an extremely boring pick in comparison.

I want Yen'fay personally. He's pretty much the Camus of Awakening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've wanted some actual magic weapons in for a while, if that ends up being a Gangrel with an OC Levin Dagger I'm okay with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I like that you recognize that more important players are missing from Awakening compared to Fates.

IMHO a cast isn't really represented enough when we are still missing two things:

1: The two most notable antagonists. Which for Fates would have to be Garon and Iago (who are both now in the game). Garon is the bad guy used in marketing and Iago is a villain in all routes and was notable enough to represent Fates villains in Warriors.

For Awakening the two most notables would be Grima and Gangrel/Validar. I can't decide whether to give the spot to Gangrel since he is the major antagonist of the first half of the game and the half that's more liked or Validar for being a villain for the entire game, the villain at the VERY beginning and notable enough to represent Awakening villains in Warriors. In any case of the three only Grima is in the game.

2: The most notable good NPC who is important for the plot of the game.

In Fates we have Mikoto and Lilith who are both in Heroes.

In Awakening we have Emmeryn who is arguably more loved, important and well-known than Mikoto and Lilith combined but is still not in the game for whatever reason. 

Because of this two point I can agree that Fates is represented enough as it is and any further additions would be for the sake of minor characters who are still loved by fans, to bring the completion percentage even closer to 100% or to add some characters who don't have much presence but are still notable for story/lore reasons (Anankos, Arete, Sumeragi, Shura).

But Awakening? Nah. It's more represented than other games but not represented enough IMHO. After we add Gangrel, Validar, Emmeryn, and while we are at it, Basilio and Flavia we can talk.

 

Oh wait you're right! Fates has arrived to the point where everything left to add is going to be just neat souvenirs, the cherry on top... Anankos is the only "important" pick from Fates that left, and he'll likely be a Mythic Hero anyway.

 

 

In fact since the RELEASE date the only characters that were left to make Fates feel complete were Garon and Iago; maybe Kaze and Lilith.

In release date we already have the main characters (The Corrins and Azura), most of the important noble characters (the siblings) and the members of the Corrin's club (Felicia, Jakob and Gunther); we even have the retainers of the noble siblings already, with the only exception being Kaze (another member of Corrin's club).

Edited by Troykv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Oh wait you're right! Fates has arrived to the point where everything left to add is going to be just neat souvenirs, the cherry on top... Anankos is the only "important" pick from Fates that left, and he'll likely be a Mythic Hero anyway.

 

 

In fact since the RELEASE date the only characters that were left to make Fates feel complete were Garon and Iago; maybe Kaze and Lilith.

In release date we already have the main characters (The Corrins and Azura), most of the important noble characters (the siblings) and the members of the Corrin's club (Felicia, Jakob and Gunther); we even have the retainers of the noble siblings already, with the only exception being Kaze (another member of Corrin's club).

Technically Kaze doesn't become one of Corrin's retainers until their A support. I do find it odd how he wasn't in the game at launch though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll only be satisfied with Fates's representation until they give me Caeldori. After that, then I'll be good (even if getting Mozu and Kiragi would also be nice).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Troykv said:

In fact since the RELEASE date the only characters that were left to make Fates feel complete were Garon and Iago; maybe Kaze and Lilith.

I agree only partially. I feel like Rinkah was also necessary for the game to feel complete because of her role at the very beginning. Same thing for Flora because of her connection to Felicia, Jakob and Gunther, and Mikoto for that one important moment of hers. And to a lesser extent the Kanas+Shigure because of Heirs of Fate.

But now the roster feels complete on that we can agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

I agree only partially. I feel like Rinkah was also necessary for the game to feel complete because of her role at the very beginning. Same thing for Flora because of her connection to Felicia, Jakob and Gunther, and Mikoto for that one important moment of hers. And to a lesser extent the Kanas+Shigure because of Heirs of Fate.

But now the roster feels complete on that we can agree.

Oh well you're right, I was actually considering putting Rinkah and Fiora into the "maybe" category too, precisely because of that xD.

And yeah, Shigure and the Kanas are kind of the obvious choices for the children units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is that expectations aren't static. The more characters get added, both from a given game and from the series as a whole, the more will seem like they "should" be added. That's how they keep people engaged for so long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Othin said:

The thing is that expectations aren't static. The more characters get added, both from a given game and from the series as a whole, the more will seem like they "should" be added. That's how they keep people engaged for so long. 

Yeah, that is right, expectations aren't static, and people can feel whatever they want about what is required or not.

In my case at least, I think Fates has gotten to a point where they don't have anything particularly important to add, because besides Anankos (a Mythic Hero candidate) anything left to add are side characters, and there isn't a clear favorite among them to be the next unit as far as I remember, so... I think my expectations of Fates at this point will remain static.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FrostyFireMage said:

Edward and Leonardo were considered important enough to be Spotpass units in Awakening so I can see at least those two getting in

Spotpass units in Awakening had different criteria, they weren't bait to try to get people to spend money.

I'd love to get all of them in Heroes, but I think it'd take a long time for that to be realistic. The full list we're missing right now is Nyna, Luthier, Nomah, Deen, Mycen, Etzel, Horace, Malice, Ulster, Arthur, Fee, Dagdar, Salem, Raydrik, Nergal, Moulder, Zihark, Lucia, Geoffrey, Edward, Leonardo, Brom, Sephiran, Selena, and Petrine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so weird to think that it's been so long since we got a full on Tellius banner. Last year was crazy with Tellius releases and it sucked me dry of orbs (which says something I guess because I usually save and I hit 750 free orbs when Tibarn's banner dropped).

Still holding out hope for Tellius again though. Actually, I'm just holding out hope that Shinon won't be a lame GHB unit, but my chances of that are, well... pretty bad. A banner with Shinon, Gatrie, Rhys and Boyd would be perfect and would fill all color slots (assuming Shinon was a red bow unit), and then we'd have the missing GMs. Rolf technically has an alt though and not an original, so I keep feeling like they'll have him in a banner instead of Shinon with Shinon being the GHB of that banner.

As much as I also want more Jugdral banners, I have a good chunk of my favorites in Heroes now. Tellius though there are still a good few I want in the game at least. Hopefully Nasir won't also get a GHB. I have to hold out some kind of hope for certain units because really, Reinhardt and Ishtar should have been GHBs going by the usual theme of what GHB characters are but they weren't. That's pretty much my only hope for Shinon. 😓

Actually, I still want non-seasonal Greil... but I'm not holding out much hope there right now.

I want Janaff too, but maybe that's just me wanting to S support Janaff with Shinon; as if I don't already double A support them with RD and PoR's data transfer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 2:05 PM, Troykv said:

Yeah, that is right, expectations aren't static, and people can feel whatever they want about what is required or not.

In my case at least, I think Fates has gotten to a point where they don't have anything particularly important to add, because besides Anankos (a Mythic Hero candidate) anything left to add are side characters, and there isn't a clear favorite among them to be the next unit as far as I remember, so... I think my expectations of Fates at this point will remain static.

It's going to suck if we don't get any more Fates units. I REALLY want Nyx and Benny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jugdral Defender said:

Still holding out hope for Tellius again though. Actually, I'm just holding out hope that Shinon won't be a lame GHB unit, but my chances of that are, well... pretty bad. A banner with Shinon, Gatrie, Rhys and Boyd would be perfect and would fill all color slots (assuming Shinon was a red bow unit), and then we'd have the missing GMs. Rolf technically has an alt though and not an original, so I keep feeling like they'll have him in a banner instead of Shinon with Shinon being the GHB of that banner.

As much as I also want more Jugdral banners, I have a good chunk of my favorites in Heroes now. Tellius though there are still a good few I want in the game at least. Hopefully Nasir won't also get a GHB. I have to hold out some kind of hope for certain units because really, Reinhardt and Ishtar should have been GHBs going by the usual theme of what GHB characters are but they weren't. That's pretty much my only hope for Shinon. 😓

 

If Shinon gets the Silencer, which he should imo, since he created it, he could still be pretty good, even as a GHB unit. I can see it being treated as a prf. I do think he should be a red bow too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If Shinon gets the Silencer, which he should imo, since he created it, he could still be pretty good, even as a GHB unit. I can see it being treated as a prf. I do think he should be a red bow too.

It depends heavily on whether or not they give us PoR or RD Shinon, imo. I would honestly expect PoR Shinon to be a GHB with a Brave Bow+ at best because he comes back to the group with a Brave Bow. Based on how they've released Tellius units up to now, it seems like they do PoR versions for beorc and RD for laguz (ex. Reyson, Tibarn, Naesala, Ranulf, etc are all in and playable in PoR, but they're listed as RD in Heroes. With beorc we get their PoR version if they're in both games unless we get an alt later on). I'm generally expecting PoR to get in first for characters originally from PoR, which is why I've kept my hopes low on what Shinon's situation will be. I also don't have much faith that we'll ever get normal RD alts of most characters (like how Hinoka got that random alt that wasn't a seasonal or anything - just a random alt in the normal pool), and if we do it won't be any time soon.

Believe me, I want Shinon to come with the Silencer or even the Double Bow and to not be a GHB unit (which at this point it's easier to get units who aren't free with the new post 40 rolls you get whoever you want on the new banner). I want him to be an awesome unit. I just don't wanna get disappointed when that's not the case. ^^;

I DO know, however, that he ranked in the top 100 of CYL this year (and considering the amount of total units able to be voted for, that's a feat) so I know people really want him in Heroes. He ranked 71st place this year, so hopefully IntSys will take it as a sign to make him a good unit when he got so high in CYL. I also voted for him for one of my votes this year so I'm glad he made it so far up the rankings. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jave said:

It's going to suck if we don't get any more Fates units. I REALLY want Nyx and Benny.

Oh don't get me wrong, I actually want to see Nyx in the game, I'm just thinking... "At this moment, Fates has arrived to that point, where the things left to grab are closer and closer to the bottom of the barrel".

Edited by Troykv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jugdral Defender said:

I DO know, however, that he ranked in the top 100 of CYL this year (and considering the amount of total units able to be voted for, that's a feat) so I know people really want him in Heroes. He ranked 71st place this year, so hopefully IntSys will take it as a sign to make him a good unit when he got so high in CYL. I also voted for him for one of my votes this year so I'm glad he made it so far up the rankings. 😊

I would like to be hopeful like this too, but............

Spoiler

Haar
37th, 6,520 votes in CYL3 -> shitty axe flier GHB with no Prf or anything that makes him stand out

Maybe they'll prove me wrong with Shinon, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by Tybrosion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jave said:

It's going to suck if we don't get any more Fates units. I REALLY want Nyx and Benny.

Charlotte with an axe would be a good start.  I'm gunning for Shura/Scarlet, too.  Prepromotes need love!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jugdral Defender said:

It's so weird to think that it's been so long since we got a full on Tellius banner. Last year was crazy with Tellius releases

Right? They got so many seasonals I hadn't noticed that PoR/RD haven't gotten a banner in a while. I've been too focused on the Awakening drought. 

Tellius would be great; I've wanted Dheginsea for a while, but I also really want some more Awakening units. I guess the former could get a New Hero banner and the latter could get a seasonal banner. 

I also really want more Three Houses units but I'm assuming they'll get a summer banner soon as the game's first proper seasonal banner, as only Sothis has a seasonal thus far.

Edited by Thane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thane said:

Right? They got so many seasonals I hadn't noticed that PoR/RD haven't gotten a banner in a while. I've been too focused on the Awakening drought. 

Tellius would be great; I've wanted Dheginsea for a while, but I also really want some more Awakening units. I guess the former could get a New Hero banner and the latter could get a seasonal banner. 

I also really want more Three Houses units but I'm assuming they'll get a summer banner soon as the game's first proper seasonal banner, as only Sothis has a seasonal thus far.

Now that you mentioned it... Besides Glorious Archer Lucina and Crowned Exalt Chrom, Awakening hasn't got an alt since... Summer 2018, which is quite amusing.

Also, the only Awakening to be released in between the previously mentioned Lucina and Chrom were: Panne (Added with the Fates Beast in February 2019), Naga (Mythic Hero in May 2019); Kjelle, Brady, Yarne, Nah and Cynthia (From a Future Past, released in June 2019).

This is quite strange considering the Awakening cast is considered quite iconic for a lot of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jugdral Defender said:

It depends heavily on whether or not they give us PoR or RD Shinon, imo. I would honestly expect PoR Shinon to be a GHB with a Brave Bow+ at best because he comes back to the group with a Brave Bow. Based on how they've released Tellius units up to now, it seems like they do PoR versions for beorc and RD for laguz (ex. Reyson, Tibarn, Naesala, Ranulf, etc are all in and playable in PoR, but they're listed as RD in Heroes. With beorc we get their PoR version if they're in both games unless we get an alt later on). I'm generally expecting PoR to get in first for characters originally from PoR, which is why I've kept my hopes low on what Shinon's situation will be. I also don't have much faith that we'll ever get normal RD alts of most characters (like how Hinoka got that random alt that wasn't a seasonal or anything - just a random alt in the normal pool), and if we do it won't be any time soon.

Believe me, I want Shinon to come with the Silencer or even the Double Bow and to not be a GHB unit (which at this point it's easier to get units who aren't free with the new post 40 rolls you get whoever you want on the new banner). I want him to be an awesome unit. I just don't wanna get disappointed when that's not the case. ^^;

I DO know, however, that he ranked in the top 100 of CYL this year (and considering the amount of total units able to be voted for, that's a feat) so I know people really want him in Heroes. He ranked 71st place this year, so hopefully IntSys will take it as a sign to make him a good unit when he got so high in CYL. I also voted for him for one of my votes this year so I'm glad he made it so far up the rankings. 😊

Yeah, that does all make sense. I for one hope Shinon gets his Silencer too! That bow is too cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine the Tellius Archers could go like this:

Rolf: Rolf's Bow
Shinon: Silencer
Astrid: Double Bow
Leonardo: Lughnasadh

If they go full faithful to the Tellius games, Silencer and Double Bow would be inheritable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jave said:

I imagine the Tellius Archers could go like this:

Rolf: Rolf's Bow
Shinon: Silencer
Astrid: Double Bow
Leonardo: Lughnasadh

If they go full faithful to the Tellius games, Silencer and Double Bow would be inheritable.

By that logic, Alondite should've been inheritable. Because when Ike obtains it from Zelgius in RD, any character with an SS rank in swords could use it. So the Silencer may or may not be a prf. And IS has gone against actual game stuff before too, so...

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

By that logic, Alondite should've been inheritable. Because when Ike obtains it from Zelgius in RD, any character with an SS rank in swords could use it. So the Silencer may or may not be a prf. And IS has gone against actual game stuff before too, so...

Hence why I said, "IF they go full faithful". I'm perfectly aware of all the things you mentioned, so there's no need to argue that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jave said:

Hence why I said, "IF they go full faithful". I'm perfectly aware of all the things you mentioned, so there's no need to argue that.

Well, true. Fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...