Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I meant in an ironic sense. XD

Oh, my bad. Yeah, in a cringey way (that only older video game voice acting can be) it was entertaining, especially Mia’s VA, lol.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But yeah, the animation is great! Radiant Dawn's cutscenes are really well animated in general, I think.

I especially loved the cutscenes in Awakening so it’s nice to see them be done so well in an older title as well.

Edited by twilitfalchion

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, my bad. Yeah, in a cringey way (that only old video game voice acting can be) it was entertaining, especially Mia’s VA, lol.

The funny thing is...
the German VO for the game is actually pretty good.

I only learned about how bad the English one is through all the memes made about it. XD

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I especially loved the cutscenes in Awakening so it’s nice to see them be done so well in an older title as well.

Mhm!
The same guy who animated Awakening also animated the cutscenes for Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. Just some random trivia for you!

Alright so on my birthday, a friend of mine gave me a $20 eShop card. I finally decided to use it on the Atelier Ryza sidestories, mainly because i wasn't gonna buy them any other way. Since the $20 were already pre-loaded, i only had to pay $5 (technically $8 but i used gold coins).

As for what i did use my own money on, Meganep on Switch, along with the DLC characters.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, time to Change topic!

''Make'' your own perfect ost for your rpg!

Main Battle Themes (2 + Interlude + final dungeon)
2 Plains Themes
2 Dungeon Themes
Minor/Quest Boss Theme
Chapter Boss Theme
Special Boss Theme
'Rival'/Special Dude Battle Theme
Final Dungeon Theme
Final Boss Theme

Interesting game.

I tried to limit myself a bit on the Xeno haha.

A lot of shit happened here while i was gone, Jesus Christ. Too many top 5s happened and i'll do that when i sort it out. For now, have one set of top 5 that i've pretty much solidified (even though i actually revised it recently):

Top 5 Godzilla movies

1. Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla
  2. Godzilla vs Megalon
  3. Godzilla vs Destoroyah
  4. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
  5. Godzilla: Final Wars

Ah, almost a hundred years since game start and I'm making lots of progress...

Spoiler

MrPO6iH.png

I think I'm on schedule there. Sadly, the mod uses the vanilla timespan (387 years, instead of 684 by owning all the DLC). That would've given me even more time, as it were.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I tried to limit myself a bit on the Xeno haha.

it's hard to limit on your favs isn't it xD

Also kinda surprised to Gaur Plains in plains haha

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's past 4 a.m.
I'm still wide awake.

What the hell?

Welcome to the Club xD

doesn't help that it's fucking hot today

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup.
Hot and humid. My favorite mix. /s

It's supposed to get cooler today, but... I don't see that happening, tbh.

kdkh8ZC.png

good joke xD

For us over here it will only get hotter rip

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

At least now I know for sure that Dragon Quest, despite the name indicating otherwise, is not for me.

The name of the franchise isn't all that meaningful, it's mostly an afterthought. Even more so than Fire Emblem, where most games try to make relevant in some way, DQXI doesn't have any dragons of note at all really. 

Though I take you made it past a certain moment? If you didn't feel anything then, I think you're dead.😑

That said, you tried DQ, and it fizzled, at least now you know. I'll say the say the same of my university's spring concert, which I unexpectedly discovered included alot of Broadway show tunes, which I learned are definitely not by cup of tea.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Eugen isn't no. 1 /s

I mean, they're all obscure characters from obscure games and/or have no character.

Eugen, while maybe drunk, punched rude drunkard Holmes. Thats character right there, and this from someone who finds Holmes... as not entirely defined by his jerk behavior and what isn't that to be refreshing in a way. 

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Hot Take: I would gladly take a Dragon Loli Mc

If because of you, they exist, and that DLMC has green hair, I will skip the game, steal your copy/system you own it on, burn it, and then hack your online account and have it buy every shovelware title that exists on the system.

I will bear with dragon lolis, but the green hair has to go, any color but green.👿 Xane had red in FE1, never from the very start has FE dragonkind been locked into green alone. It was alright in Awakening, but Mila and Duma started pushing it, and 3H is horrible to me for this boring reuse alone. Goldoa had green, but Dheg was bald now and Ena, Gareth, and Nasir weren't green. Give me variety again at least. FE should not be enslaved to viridian locks.

And hate to be the downer, but Mia ranks very low among Tellius characters for me. She is all surface, no depth, not that one has to be looking for the deep. If you want perkiness thats carefree, fine by me, I just don't see the appeal.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Awful typo!😣

VjBTdQI.png

new reaction face detected

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If because of you, they exist, and that DLMC has green hair, I will skip the game, steal your copy/system you own it on, burn it, and then hack your online account and have it buy every shovelware title that exists on the system.

I will bare with dragon lolis, but the green hair has to go, any color but green.

you got us in the first half not gonna lie

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it's hard to limit on your favs isn't it xD

Yeah. Especially since Xenoblade 2 is my favorite game of all time so it took all my might to not fill the list with just it.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also kinda surprised to Gaur Plains in plains haha

Too easy.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

doesn't help that it's fucking hot today

Hot and humid. My favorite mix.

I promise you whatever hot temprature you guys have going in Germany is nothing compared to Florida heat.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I promise you whatever hot temprature you guys have going in Germany is nothing compared to Florida heat.

do you guys have 93% humiditiy atm?

Friday it reached 49C over here. How high it gets over there again?

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

kdkh8ZC.png

good joke xD

For us over here it will only get hotter rip

And you'll get a whopping 2 degrees more than we do!
It's scheduled to be 22 in my area. XD

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though I take you made it past a certain moment? If you didn't feel anything then, I think you're dead.😑

Tales of Xillia 2, Neptunia Re;Birth 2 Conquest Route, and Blue Reflection (the only games that have ever managed to make me cry) have set the bar on feeling stuff for such moments rather high.

I believe you.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Celsius, unless you’re just kidding.

Celsius, my friend!

I know! It's just a joke!
I find it funny someone censored me XD

Man, the Xenoblade Youtube comment sections sure are amusing xD

>The Bionis breakdancing while Mechonis is just confused as horrified Homs, High Entia, and Nopon are just getting yeeted left and right
>>What in the fuck are u picturing? Mechonis would absolutely not be confused and would be robot dancing to Mechonis Field theme
>>>Mechonis has entered a state of overflowing tension

xD
2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Next week will be...
Oof.

indeed

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Celsius, my friend!

I am so tempted to make a joke right now xD

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Tales of Xillia 2, Neptunia Re;Birth 2 Conquest Route, and Blue Reflection (the only games that have ever managed to make me cry) have set the bar on feeling stuff for such moments rather high.

I know naught of any of those games in question and because Jude looks hideously redesigned I'll never touch ToX2 but it's a matter of different opinions then. And this is from someone who never intends to have kids. But differences in opinion are perfectly fine.

Though maybe to avoid coming off as too critical, I'm sorry, how's this for dancing?

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The real fun starts on Wednesday though

>27°C and rising

> 80.6 F

Corrected, there's your joke.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

do you guys have 93% humiditiy atm?

Well it's night time right now so i couldn't tell ya. Although actually, i might have to retract my statement. It's set to rain all week (we've got a tropical storm incoming).

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Man, the Xenoblade Youtube comment sections sure are amusing xD

They can also be spoiler minefields. Be careful.

5 minutes ago, Caster said:

I know! It's just a joke!

Got you!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I am so tempted to make a joke right now xD

Go ahead!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though maybe to avoid coming off as too critical, I'm sorry, how's this for dancing?

And I am tempted to make a Bee Gees reference right now... XD