Future Redeemed mid-Ch.4 spoilers

Spoiler

Rex: "I ain't gonna let a kid go before their parent. No way"

Shulk: "Yeah. I'd give my life for them"

Me:

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ncscdg227dwa1.jpg?auto=webp&v=enabled&s=

Xenofanbase colorized

Once again, i appreciate Xenoblade 3 doing the thing where just because two characters no longer have to be enemies doesn't mean they'll change their entire worldview right away.

Alright, now that I have the Mimic soul, I might do the trick to get the money to get the Soul Eater Ring.

... this will take a while. At least I only need to get 240K gold, thanks to the Tsuchinoki soul...

Ugh, Legion... but, it was defeated at least. Also made sure to get its soul, since this one's actually missable... of all things...

Will stop for tonight. Will continue tomorrow.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ah, making good work of the outline for TDatP. Feel like I'm coming up with some nifty ideas, hehe. Much as I wish to ramble about them, I know they have to be kept a surprise for the story. Unless, of course, anyone wants to be spoiled already of stuff.

Ah, sue me. When it looks like they'll take loooooong to be written, I would want to talk and talk and talk. Even if it means giving them out already.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, that really happened?

As in, people in the SF Discord praising the story?

Not really, as far as I saw. He went on the Discord, inserted himself into general conversations about Engage and started doing his "me when thing I don't like: incomprehensible video reaction" routine.

The people there were far less patient with him than us lol

8 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

My favorite quote was that I was being told to “shut the fuck up” about a series I was repeatedly told didn’t have any good stories, so I didn’t understand why me being critical of Engage was such a big deal.

I think the problem is less that you were wrong or right and more that maybe people just want to be able to talk about Engage without having to stop every five seconds to discuss the badness of the story. Crazy, I know.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Once again, i appreciate Xenoblade 3 doing the thing where just because two characters no longer have to be enemies doesn't mean they'll change their entire worldview right away.

True

That said

Spoiler

Glimmer is more a Mythra than a Pyra lol

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

want to be able to talk about Engage without having to stop every five seconds to discuss the badness of the story.

Not to mention many (including me) don't think itt's that bad...atleast by this series (low) standards

Couple that with top tier gameplay and many are quite satisfied

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

People are losing their shit at Future Redeemed's ending (affectionate) man I can't wait to see what that's all about.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

True

That said

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Logically this means Mythra's kid is more Pyra.

RDT_20230427_0903431466836474828711454.j

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. The mainline Spider-Man comics have reached the point of NTR because the people in charge are that committed into making sure Peter/MJ is never a thing again.

Okay, my tax refund finally arrived.

Gentlemen, this weekend it's TH time!

Although, hmm, if I don't make many expenses with this week's salary, I could even get XC1 too...

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really, as far as I saw. He went on the Discord, inserted himself into general conversations about Engage and started doing his "me when thing I don't like: incomprehensible video reaction" routine.

I think the problem is less that you were wrong or right and more that maybe people just want to be able to talk about Engage without having to stop every five seconds to discuss the badness of the story. Crazy, I know.

Ah, I see.

That... kinda makes more sense.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Not to mention many (including me) don't think itt's that bad...atleast by this series (low) standards

Couple that with top tier gameplay and many are quite satisfied

Oh yeah. For me Engage's story is an easy... 9-ish out of 10. The Emblem Theft is pretty much that -1.

Also, it'll probably still take months, and go through a couple more voting hurdles, but over here they finally approved a work shift reduction. From 48 to 40 hours per week, and now two obligatory rest days instead of one. Nice!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Future Redeemed late Ch.4

Spoiler

bro i'm crying, Riku has the Lucky Seven wrapped up in the cloth and that "his Masterpon gave him this" and everything so far just points to Riku just being a guy. A funny dude. Funniest character in the series.

I resumed Rune Factory 5 -for all of five minutes.😅

I do have a burning desire to resume the game at last, the snazzy opening was back in my head. But, I ironically got into one of my "If you keep taking deep breaths until your mind is tranquil before starting, there'll be no oxygen left for everyone else on the planet". Games are meant to relax, but one must be relaxed to play games, an odd conundrum I work myself into.🧐

I did start the game up, but once I loaded the save file, I expectedly experienced why Rune Factory as a series and farming sims in general are terrible games to take a long break from. I feel out of the loop, the "daily routinism" of the games makes diving back in a little awkward once you get out of the pool. So much to re-familiarize myself with.😳 -But then, they are chill experiences meant to be played at your own pace, and I did critique RF5 as moving too fast for my gradualist calendrical pacing preferences, so a little time spent on readjusting wouldn't be the worst thing. It's not like if I fail to get back into the flow ASAP that a country will die of starvation and being overwhelmed by evil.

-Now I should've continued playing the game and let myself be acclimated again through play, which is what I will do. But, nope, I had to pull away and blab about it here instead.😆 

Super Loogi Odyssey freezes for 10 seconds every time a new shader has to load, and crashes outright when capturing. Vanilla seems to work okay (didn't try capturing), but well, vanilla has Mario. I did not get this game on the Nintendo PC to play as Mario.

Well, that's my heart broken. The fact that a 3 month old game seems to be more stable with mods than a 6 year old game is baffling, to say the least, but well, what do I know about the intricacies of emulation.

Engage continues to prove it's the best game on the system, I suppose. Yesterday it didn't even crash. I'll still make back-ups to be sure, but perhaps the new version had something to do with that. So fuck it, enough tinkering around. It's Vandrip time.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Teehee character development????????

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. The mainline Spider-Man comics have reached the point of NTR because the people in charge are that committed into making sure Peter/MJ is never a thing again.

The idiots at Marvel get off on antagonizing the fans. They hate the readership and have nothing but contempt for them. They know that Spider-Man is popular enough of a character that they can write shit like this and still get good numbers.

Art is dead. Welcome to profit purgatory.

Read Kagetsu and Zelkov's A. Now I am even more curious to see Zelkov's A with Ivy, because his demeanor with her just doesn't add up to how he acts with pretty much everyone else. He's a weirdo and can be standoffish, but the hostility between him and Ivy at the start of their chain feels kind of out of character for him lol

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20230427_0903431466836474828711454.j

I must say, without context I can't for the life of me figure out where the NTR is at. From just these lines it seems like the redhead woman (MJ, I'm assuming?) got kidnapped by some supervillain and Black Cat rescued her with the power of her massive eyebrows, while... Peter? sat home with the kids. It's not Peter, is it. Is that the problem? It's not Peter?

...Oh, and I just noticed the apocalypse happening in the background. Just another day in a superhero universe, I guess.

11 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Teehee character development????????

Teehee character development was my journey from my first knee-jerk reaction to Engage to off-handedly describing it as the best game on the Switch. This is just more of Wraith exhibiting his character quirk.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Read Kagetsu and Zelkov's A. Now I am even more curious to see Zelkov's A with Ivy, because his demeanor with her just doesn't add up to how he acts with pretty much everyone else. He's a weirdo and can be standoffish, but the hostility between him and Ivy at the start of their chain feels kind of out of character for him lol

That support does clear things up.

Not out of character, just... too late to happen by the point in time the game takes place.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One day they’ll see the light Rubenio.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that was a successful battle. Managed to kill all of Corncob's reference fabrications, except for one. Sweet, sweet money. I am sad about the lack of a Garon reference, but well... I guess that's what my Alear is here for.

Speaking of the one survivor.

mvqDnjCX_o.png

It's Elise. Of all people. I killed everyone, except for Elise.

Fantastic.

As a side note, game really seems to not be crashing anymore since I updated my Yuzu build. One less hurdle with the Nintendo PC version! Now it is even more the correct way to play this game. Not that I regret buying it, of course. This game deserves the money I gave for it.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That support does clear things up.

Not out of character, just... too late to happen by the point in time the game takes place.

I don't doubt that it does, which is why I'm curious to see it! After dinner I'll get to it.

18 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

One day they’ll see the light Rubenio.

Or maybe you will one day see the light, old man. I recommend reading Lindon supports to get there faster. Petting Sommie is optional, but highly advised.

18 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Ahahah, ah I can't stay mad at you. Not that I ever was mad at you. Where was I going with this, again?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's Elise. Of all people. I killed everyone, except for Elise.

Fantastic.

Please don't tell me that is part of your character development.

--

Pokemon status: Just beat Sabrina; Blaine and Giovanni are the only gym leaders left. Yoomtah beat her Alakazam, without any sleep cheese or healing items. I think it's safe to say that a Normal monotype is not all that difficult once you get past Brock's Onix, and even it gives you plenty of free turns with Bide.