Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I like it personally, but I will say that Apex of the World is definitely better.

Makes sense, I guess.

I think part of the problem is that most pieces had Roy's Departure syndrome in this game; they're perfectly fine, but they played too often, and I feel like the music didn't always match the mood-Like, it was too epic given the circumstances, so it makes more dramatic music fall a bit flat since it's tonally similar.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

As long as I turn off the music, at least.

I love that song, even as a map theme. I’m surprised you don’t.

But to each their own! It is just a theme.

Based taste: Bishop-Holy knight Edelgard.

>bane in faith

Actually I am slightly deviating away from canons, since I haven’t been using lord at intermediate.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I like it personally, but I will say that Apex of the World is definitely better.

Unfair comparison

You are comparing God Shattering Star to heaven on earth

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I wouldn't call any of the skills you chose as best skills haha xD

Only Bow Breaker is good, really xD

But i can live with it xD

Speaking of, as a conquest pro, how did I do? I tried to do the best possible, with the exception of dragon skin because that felt a little too OP

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Speaking of, as a conquest pro, how did I do? I tried to do the best possible, with the exception of dragon skin because that felt a little too OP

She will definetly be strong if i can get her online at the start.

Axefaire + Thunfer Axe + High speed = pew pew pew

If no one picks Mozu her Paralogue will be training Elise time xD

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Just now, Sooks said:

bane in faith

I still haven't quite figured out what Banes do yet.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Actually I am slightly deviating away from canons, since I haven’t been using lord at intermediate.

Isn't lord a below-beginner class?

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

How'd I do? I don't wanna make the game unwinnable, so I tried to do something fairly good...

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

How'd I do? I don't wanna make the game unwinnable, so I tried to do something fairly good...

Quite good, actually. The higher STR + Vantage + Lack of Gamble might make Arthur useful to use

That + Shurikenbreaker + WTA is really really good

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

That + Shurikenbreaker + WTA is really really good

Yup, wanted to make sure you had at least one, having heard some stuff about debuffs.

Maybe with a killer axe he can deal with the Foxes? I dunno.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nah, never xD

Arthur has low def, especially as a Beserker, that and in Conquest you don't get a beast eff. Axe iirc

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

One could say, I'm not sure how much I believe this or what makes me want to suggest this, is that the more casual moments can be more humanizing.

I 100% agree and i think this is probably why slice-of-life stories tend to resonate with people. Sure, being invested in a sweeping epic is cool but so is invested in a light plot where the characters are good friends.

Anyways, The Last of Us 2 won GOTY, completely unsurprising but it sucks to see hospitalizing levels of crunch be celebrated.

9 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

If no one picks Mozu her Paralogue will be training Elise time xD

Yayyyy

I tried to make her extra good offensively since she’s ending up dying in like two hits xD

Of course I did give her divine shield

I still haven't quite figured out what Banes do yet.

In tutoring they gain skill points slower. And boy does it add up...

Isn't lord a below-beginner class?

That’s noble you’re thinking of (I think).

Lord is an intermediate class (same tier as like cavalier, thief, archer) that only Claude, Dimitri, and Edelgard can get into... and it’s skills suck and other than that it’s just a standard infantry class so there’s basically no reason to go for other than looking EXTRENELY cool and having nice animations. Especially pre time skip Dimitri, he looks fantastic as a lord.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

The problem with the foxes is that on some turns you can’t attack them on player phase but they can still move.

Just now, Sooks said:

In tutoring they gain skill points slower. And boy does it add up...

Oh. I thought it just lowered hit...

Ah well, Lysithea's reached A+ axes anyways. Oops.

only Claude, Dimitri, and Edelgard

OOOOOOOooooohhhh....

Okay, that explains it.

Claude was still, like, level 9 when TImeskip hit...

having nice animations

In Three Houses? [Insert Ninidoubt]

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The problem with the foxes is that on some turns you can’t attack them on player phase but they can still move.

And Vantage wouldn't work, I guess.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Well, 2 problems

1. It needs to OHKO since it only activates at below 50% and they will most likely double him

2. Foxes have super high evasion...

Just now, Benice said:

Wat?

It was reported earlier in the year that Naughty Dog was essentially holding a gun over their employees heads in order to make The Last of Us 2 as good as possible while also paying them shit.

Crunch is a notorious problem in the industry, both in the east and the west (Japan is known for being a workaholic nation) but in recent memory, Naughty Dog's crunch problem is particularly bad.

While I’m personally of the opinion that some criticism towards tlou 2 is a little unfair I have to agree that it winning “best direction” is a whole host of bullshit

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

OOOOOOOooooohhhh....

Okay, that explains it.

Claude was still, like, level 9 when TImeskip hit...

How did you like, survive chapter 13? xD

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

The most common strategy, and what I did, is to have a strong unit with a beast killer solo the map. That’s what I did...

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It was reported earlier in the year that Naughty Dog was essentially holding a gun over their employees heads in order to make The Last of Us 2 as good as possible while also paying them shit.

Crunch is a notorious problem in the industry, both in the east and the west (Japan is known for being a workaholic nation) but in recent memory, Naughty Dog's crunch problem is particularly bad.

What is crunch though?

What is crunch though?

Basically overworking your employees to the point of near death with little pay just to meet a deadline. 

Edited by Ottservia

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

While I’m personally of the opinion that some criticism towards tlou 2 is a little unfair I have to agree that it winning “best direction” is a whole host of bullshit

Shouldn't have won GOTY either. I personally would've given it to New Horizons and i do not like Animal Crossing. But New Horizons pretty much defined the first half of the year.

But at the end of the day we all know award shows are bought in advance.

What is crunch though?

As mentioned above, extreme overworking.

Unions don't exist for video game employees so it's even more of a problem than overworking in other industries.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Naughty Dog being naughty dogs.

I've never actually heard of The Last Of Us, aside from a few Awkward Zombie comics about it. I didn't actually know that there was a sequel...

Speaking of, what is the pull of animal crossing? It's huge and SUPER popular, but I don't really see the appeal.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Speaking of, what is the pull of animal crossing? It's huge and SUPER popular, but I don't really see the appeal.

I cannot answer that for you because i don't like Animal Crossing lmao.

Jokes aside, people love the chill and social nature of it. I think that's neat but the series' over reliance on irl time is a turn off for me. Which is fine, Rune Factory and SoS exists if i wanna have chill life sims.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Shouldn't have won GOTY either. I personally would've given it to New Horizons and i do not like Animal Crossing. But New Horizons pretty much defined the first half of the year.

But at the end of the day we all know award shows are bought in advance.

I would’ve given it to Ghost of Tsushima or Persona 5 Royal because unlike tlou 2 have actually good stories with actually unique themes and ideas they explore pretty well. Tlou 2 is a basic revenge story. Those are about a dime a dozen. It’s not a terrible story mind you but nothing I would call revolutionary unlike some people coughdruckmanncough

Hey, Persona 5 worth it? I don't know anything about it, but it seems pretty popular. I don't really have time for it right now, but maybe in the future.

Also, I really should know the games that were nominated for GOTY. I recognized Animal crossing and 'das it. And I guess FF7R, but I know nothing about it.

Just now, Benice said:

Hey, Persona 5 worth it? I don't know anything about it, but it seems pretty popular. I don't really have time for it right now, but maybe in the future.

Hell to the fuck yes it’s worth it! Persona 5 Royal is my favorite game of all time!!! The only other games that even come close to rivaling it as my favorite game is the Monster Hunter franchise which I like for different reasons. Man I need more people to play monster hunter with