• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Devs are lazy?

If this is the case, thats just sad. C'mon, this game is far past its time, getting it to run well shouldnt be that difficult.

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

If this is the case, thats just sad. C'mon, this game is far past its time, getting it to run well shouldnt be that difficult.

I'd see if it was visually busy as that XCOM port or me spamming the fire finisher in 3 Hopes. But I kind of doubt if the revamped lightning and stuff would actually kill the Switch like that.

11 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

I'd see if it was visually busy as that XCOM port or me spamming the fire finisher in 3 Hopes. But I kind of doubt if the revamped lightning and stuff would actually kill the Switch like that.

No way. Games that demand much more run fine at 60. 

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

No way. Games that demand much more run fine at 60. 

With those two, I kept losing frames on them for one reason or another. At least XCOM 2 was mainly confined towards it happening after I set 2 or 3 buildings on fire or there's an hoard of zombies after me. But it also crashed on me for an number of unrelated reasons

With 3 Hopes, 99% of the time it runs good; except for the fact that spamming the magical finishers with some of the magical classes kind of slows down the game when there's at least two fiery tornadoes going on at once.

Edited by Armchair General

Oh wow, Matagroth is even sillier now. He carries a large shield for an effective 26 defense. Wearing down shields is also not really a feasible strategy. They just have way too much durability. And it's not depleted if the attack wouldn't have dealt any damage anyway.  

Still, I got plenty of new tools too. So maybe this will actually turn out to be easier than before.

2 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Devs are lazy?

Considering how much else they did here, i doubt it. It's taking all of the QoL and flair from Origami King and putting them into TTYD, like varying battle themes depending on where you're at.

The 30 FPS is really just a 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Switch moment.

but it's also not a game that really needs 60.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Oh wow, Matagroth is even sillier now. He carries a large shield for an effective 26 defense. Wearing down shields is also not really a feasible strategy. They just have way too much durability. And it's not depleted if the attack wouldn't have dealt any damage anyway.  

Still, I got plenty of new tools too. So maybe this will actually turn out to be easier than before.

He read that email of the fan that had nightmares of Matagroth at night and decided it wasn't enough. He wants his fans to have nightmares of Matagroth during the day as well!

I've warmed up to Berseria, now it's enjoyable as normal.😀 Saw the younger Zavvy. It hasn't been ten hours yet, though I'm curious if the story is going to be divisible into roughly three arcs as Tales sometimes had in the past. Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, Xillia, all capable of being unofficially divided into three acts of varying lengths. If Berseria also does, then it feels like I could be approaching the first arc's endpoint, yet it seems early for that.

16 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose the silver lining is that the game may have extra stuff (a previous trailer showed a new NPC in the Glitzville exterior area that wasn't there in the original), and that may still be kept secret.

They're adding new things? Other than the initial reveal trailer, I haven't actually been paying any real attention to this remake. I still have my old copy after all.😅 Maybe I'd buy the rerelease alongside the BK duology, GameCube nostalgia at its finest.

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Considering how much else they did here, i doubt it. It's taking all of the QoL and flair from Origami King and putting them into TTYD, like varying battle themes depending on where you're at.

The 30 FPS is really just a 

"How much else" even though its minor edits to an already existing game lol

What they have done so far isnt impressive.

Honestly, it never was too big of a deal for me the whole 30 vs 60 FPS's thing. Then again, unless you put the same footage side-by-side, I can't even tell which is running on which...

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They're adding new things? Other than the initial reveal trailer, I haven't actually been paying any real attention to this remake. I still have my old copy after all.😅 Maybe I'd buy the rerelease alongside the BK duology, GameCube nostalgia at its finest.

Well, hopefully. Hard to say how much (seems to be only a couple new NPC's here and there so far), but at the least, there is new stuff.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Honestly, it never was too big of a deal for me the whole 30 vs 60 FPS's thing. Then again, unless you put the same footage side-by-side, I can't even tell which is running on which...

It affects super-guard timing, which is important imo

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

It affects super-guard timing, which is important imo

Well, joke's on them. I was bad at it even in the original!

Inb4 I end up being better at Superguarding at 30FPS.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

"How much else" even though its minor edits to an already existing game lol

What they have done so far isnt impressive.

>Reworking the game from the ground up

>Complete overhaul of visuals, animations, music and tons of new QoL that fixes the original's most egregious flaws

>"Minor edits"

Yeah ok.

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Honestly, the whole "bu-but 30 fps messes up my timing" feels like a government psyop. Not once have i ever had my performance in a game affected by it's framerate unless it was running at frames it wasn't supposed to.

An unwinnable boss fight with no winnable fight immediately beforehand? -You've done better before, Tales.🤨

Scenes around said "fight" were supposed to be epic, but they didn't feel that way to me. I got some sense of drama, but for some reason it felt like a letdown.

Reuse yet again of a certain trope that Tales can't seem to go more than two games without. Well, I see that Namco is playing it differently this time.

Sixth character obtained. Tales likes that number. All three females in Berseria come off as... not inoffensive, potentially more disagreeable/less likable than any of the males. An intentional choice?

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I never once Superguarded as a child.😅

Now, I'm thinking of the math. Assuming an attack can even be Superguarded.:

• 3/2 - 1 = 2/1, a 33/50% decrease in damage taken. Normal Guarding seems very worthwhile against weak attacks.
  • Now, 5 - 1 = 20% decrease in damage taken with a regular Guard. Less of a percentage reduction. This being the case, would it be so bad skipping the Guard and trying to Superguard? The consequences of failure are smaller, yet the reward for Superguarding has grown with the increase in raw enemy damage. So I'd say take the chance!

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>Reworking the game from the ground up

>Complete overhaul of visuals, animations, music and tons of new QoL that fixes the original's most egregious flaws

>"Minor edits"

Yeah ok.

Honestly, the whole "bu-but 30 fps messes up my timing" feels like a government psyop. Not once have i ever had my performance in a game affected by it's framerate unless it was running at frames it wasn't supposed to.

Yeah... Thats really not much. Not when the core was already there, its not like any of that is new content... 

Hey, just cause you choose to play without relying on skill, not my issue. Xd

Clearly we play at different levels lmao.

Edited by Lightcosmo

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why are you getting so worked up on this?

Cause the personal attack was uncalled for, and since he usually claims "skill issue, I thought it was only fair to return the favor.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Hey, just cause you choose to play without relying on skill, not my issue. Xd

Clearly we play at different levels lmao.

Wait wouldn't the guy who can play at both framerates just fine be more skilled at the game than the guy who can only play in one framerate?

This is a genuine question.

34 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Cause the personal attack was uncalled for, and since he usually claims "skill issue, I thought it was only fair to return the favor.

I didn't say that, you're the one who brought it up man.

Well, seems I'm finally done with the Gaia Lowlands. Time for the Upper Land... next time.

That wasn't too bad. Silken Knight Merida with an HP booster and a small shield did have just enough HP to survive Matagroth and was able to destroy his ass with the Thunder Sword. Maybe standard Merida can do this too, considering she can use actual medium shields.

Chapter 5 was really fun. Lots of really good tweaks. Feels almost like a different map.

avs035.jpg

Unfortunately I had to burn through pretty much the whole Doyenne, because Aslanne's squad and Nina are under a lot more pressure now.

Kinda annoying having to fix it this early. Probably should have relied more on Aslanne's Critical Reprisal, to save up on weapon uses, even if Aslanne has little use for all that exp.

Also Yaeri just learned a new command skill that has her deal a guaranteed critical hit. Not actually sure how useful that will be in practice, because just like Pulverize it prevents double attacking.

Edited by BrightBow

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Wait wouldn't the guy who can play at both framerates just fine be more skilled at the game than the guy who can only play in one framerate?

This is a genuine question.

I didn't say that, you're the one who brought it up man.

Umm, no. There is alot more depth that goes into it than just controls. 

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, the whole "bu-but 30 fps messes up my timing" feels like a government psyop

Im fairly certain this mockery was uneeded.