• Replies 176.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Now that I got Tallan, I suppose I could just give him the Whip of Love. Since he will just keep repairing the whip, he can effectively serve as a 2nd refresher.

He also now repairs items in the first two slots. So he can still fix something else at the same time.

I think I was too hard on Yukari

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I was more talking about the other ways of causing reversal in P3, like if you leave your friend on read for months at a time, or if you double book a hangout the one that gets knowingly snubbed gets a reversal, or if one girl you are actively dating (but not maxed out yet) catching you on a date with another girl, things like.

Oh yeah, that "feature" is gone

Fair enough. Having done the Kasumi romance in Royal (after doing the Harem option in the original P5), it isn't quite as restrictive, but you do miss out on the Christmas event for her from what I remember, but still get the Valentines day and white day ones. Also, there was a Christmas date option in the original P3, so unless they updated it significantly, I don't really see how that is new content.

I was told they revamped a few events and social links. I may be remembering wrong, but in the original Chihiro is afraid of men for, like, no reason. Now she says her father used to scare her.

I-it was to see all the different content, I swear!

Jokes aside, I agree with everything. I also hope they tweak The Answer a little bit to account the player's choices this time around, as the conflict can be a bit jarring

58 minutes ago, Shrimpica said:

TMS2 looking good

You know the truth Shrimp-kun, it’s always been in your blackened heart. Close your blighted eyes for a moment and see in your mind’s eye what IS did to FE when they released Engage and…that thing. Thought it maybe too gory and graphic to stomach, this dramatization should bring life back to your benumbed mind:

Maybe I was too hard on you too

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

"Naoto P4 is trans" discourse on the timeline once again

I can't wait for a P4 remake Ü

2 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Apparently Manor Lords is the most wishlisted game on steam right now

Any of y’all into that type of game?

I kind of am, but not really. I prefer watching guys stab the shit out of each other than anything else

12 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

I kind of am, but not really. I prefer watching guys stab the shit out of each other than anything else

Was watchin a youtube review on it. Seems to play a lot like The Settlers - Heritage of Kings. Love the atmosphere, but aint really keen on the idea of gotta have eyes on 50 different places at once...

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Me after greenlighting Foamstars.

I've been reading plenty o' comments on this today. Square is choosing to go top-heavy.

Focusing on the AAA is 🥱 to me. While I'll likely pick up DQXII, the rest of Square's AAA output doesn't interest me. And companies are simply less boring when they develop/publish a greater diversity of things.

Posted (edited)

Hmm, I'd say, these last few Palaces really feel it's where the game had to cut corners the most. This whole sequences basically boils down to:

> Talk to "Jehk"
> "Jehk" tells you where Sage Joch went
> Go there and clear the Palace
> Return to "Jehk" who tells you where to go next

It feels much less organic than how the plot was progressing beforehand. Not to mention, much less content to go through. The Lofty Mountains still have some "wilderness" to go through, plus Mandala (though optional to visit) and the Dark Palace. But then for the Light Palace / Gold Tower, it's just Gold City, which short of talking to an NPC to know where to get the key to the tower, also is quite superflous. Then the Moon Palace doesn't even have its own area, it's right there in the Kakkara desert. Ah well, it happens.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Posted (edited)

The Bracer training bout in Trails: Azure Nightmare difficulty is the worst lol. Poor preparations makes it tougher than need be.

Edited by Lightcosmo

18 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

can't wait for a P4 remake Ü

P4 discourse son or Three Houses discourse daughter? You cannot kill yourself.

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And companies are simply less boring when they develop/publish a greater diversity of things.

Ironically that's what Square was doing this whole time. It's just that....it wasn't good lol. Sales wise at least.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ironically that's what Square was doing this whole time. It's just that....it wasn't good lol. Sales wise at least.

I'm guessing that's why they canceled the HD projects, I take it.

*Plot event concludes and FIVE skits follow, AGAIN!*😵 ...I like skits, I like writing, my tiny imagination couldn't possibly create a tenth of what I've beheld. And yet, presented like this, I'm oversaturated.

Almost 30 hours in, if Berseria can be divided into three acts, I presume the second will finish whenever the Therion hunt does.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, I'd say, these last few Palaces really feel it's where the game had to cut corners the most. This whole sequences basically boils down to:

> Talk to "Jehk"
> "Jehk" tells you where Sage Joch went
> Go there and clear the Palace
> Return to "Jehk" who tells you where to go next

It feels much less organic than how the plot was progressing beforehand. Not to mention, much less content to go through. The Lofty Mountains still have some "wilderness" to go through, plus Mandala (though optional to visit) and the Dark Palace. But then for the Light Palace / Gold Tower, it's just Gold City, which short of talking to an NPC to know where to get the key to the tower, also is quite superflous. Then the Moon Palace doesn't even have its own area, it's right there in the Kakkara desert. Ah well, it happens.

So even after all the setbacks/changes that one couldn't possibly see in the game itself, Mana 2 still had to experience ingame curtailments? I wasn't expecting that.😐

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me being a person of self-interest, it's the A/AA Japanese-styled RPGs that now won't be made that catch my interest.

I didn't buy Valkyrie Elysium, or Harvestella (I am still considering the latter, on sale, sometime down the road when the backlog isn't as full), particularly because of the lukewarm reviews. Yet, these business changes almost absolutely assure that there won't be a "Harvestella 2" that could've, having taken feedback and worked on developing their place in the farming sim-JRPG hybrid genre, ended up being a 8/10 or the like. And, I guess I see there being something in a A/AA title being made/published by a big name, that's different from the same idea, but carried out by a small dev without big backing.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So even after all the setbacks/changes that one couldn't possibly see in the game itself, Mana 2 still had to experience ingame curtailments? I wasn't expecting that.😐

Pretty much. Though it depends on some cases. From earlier versions of the world map seen, stuff like the Moon Palace was likely already "done", content wise. Even the earliest ones had it in the middle of the desert region, and likely without much else to it. Well, the palace itself may have gone through some map tweaking/culling. But it's true other areas suffered. Like the Vandole Empire, or Tasnica, or the ice continent. Earlier maps showed them with much more content than what the game ultimately got.

It's something to keep in mind that the project that became Secret of Mana began for that scrapped SNES CD thing. It likely is why the game was so ambitious, since it would have the space to put it all, but when that got scrapped and had to use a cartridge, even the largest ones possible storage-wise, it still had to pare things down. Then they likely worked from the ground up. So a place like the Gaia Lowlands, while still having stuff scrapped or changed, still got a lot put into it... which naturally left other areas to suffer much more in comparison.

@Armagon

https://www.koeitecmo.co.jp/e/ir/docs/ir3_20240430_e.pdf

-The pdf says 120k globally for MaRiemake. Minuscule, but I doubt this could truly be called a flop, as it probably wasn't very expensive to make, sticking with the chibi direction. Will Koei/Gust keep going with "preservation remakes" after this (at least to the end of Salburg)? IDK.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pretty much. Though it depends on some cases. From earlier versions of the world map seen, stuff like the Moon Palace was likely already "done", content wise. Even the earliest ones had it in the middle of the desert region, and likely without much else to it. Well, the palace itself may have gone through some map tweaking/culling. But it's true other areas suffered. Like the Vandole Empire, or Tasnica, or the ice continent. Earlier maps showed them with much more content than what the game ultimately got.

It's something to keep in mind that the project that became Secret of Mana began for that scrapped SNES CD thing. It likely is why the game was so ambitious, since it would have the space to put it all, but when that got scrapped and had to use a cartridge, even the largest ones possible storage-wise, it still had to pare things down. Then they likely worked from the ground up. So a place like the Gaia Lowlands, while still having stuff scrapped or changed, still got a lot put into it... which naturally left other areas to suffer much more in comparison.

So, planned lategame abruptness? They didn't surprise surprise suddenly realize they were running out of space. They chose to keep certain things, even if it meant something would have to get shafted. And, proceeded to consciously decide to frontload finite resource allocation, perhaps thinking it'd be better for overall player enjoyment if it was done this way?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So, planned lategame abruptness? They didn't surprise surprise suddenly realize they were running out of space. They chose to keep certain things, even if it meant something would have to get shafted. And, proceeded to consciously decide to frontload finite resource allocation, perhaps thinking it'd be better for overall player enjoyment if it was done this way?

It's possible. It is something of a recurring occurrence that if a game has scrapped stuff, it's more apparent with late-game content than otherwise. So it happening to Secret of Mana as well wouldn't be surprising.

Well, got one of the two missing gacha Blades today. That's something at least.