Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Getting Metroid Prime Remastered the other day reminded me that the menu creeped me out when I was younger. Then again, I was five or six at the time so everything probably creeped me out back then.

On 4/23/2024 at 12:14 AM, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, three Enforcers "down" (in several senses of down, hue). Will continue tomorrow.

I still have nightmares about Luciola's cloud minions...

Also, hopefully you had Zin and Schera fight their rivals, the scenes are different if you don't and future games will assume that you did so.

On 4/23/2024 at 4:35 AM, Venger_06 said:

It's basically the perfect entry point for the series right now.

Why wouldn't it be the best starting point? Persona 3 is the very first Persona game after all. This is a joke, before anyone hunts me down.

On 4/23/2024 at 9:47 AM, Acacia Sgt said:

> Has Kevin in the party

Okay, so, I decided on Kloe and Kevin to be in my final party.

This is also recommended (for Kevin; Kloe is not strictly necessary, but she is Kloe so she should be in the party regardless). And who knows? Maybe Kevin will get his own game one day.

On 4/23/2024 at 5:39 PM, Armagon said:

Gamera: Rebirth

I should probably watch more than the first episode.

Doesn't it have the same animators as the Godzilla anime trilogy? Maybe that's why you feel that way.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Matango... gives me a chuckle.

Matango

Matango

Mango

Matanga dijo la changa...

I wonder if it has anything to do with a Japanese film about mushroom monsters.

Edited by Lightchao42

• Replies 176.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I still have nightmares about Luciola's cloud minions...

They were certainly a pain the first time around... but by the final chapter it was more trivial for sure.

Also, hopefully you had Zin and Schera fight their rivals, the scenes are different if you don't and future games will assume that you did so.

Yeah, I did. No worries there.

This is also recommended (for Kevin; Kloe is not strictly necessary, but she is Kloe so she should be in the party regardless). And who knows? Maybe Kevin will get his own game one day.

Yeah, it was mostly having someone in the healer role (which Kloe naturally fits as some of her orbment slots are locked to Water to begin with) who could also be a magical attacker (Kevin was for Grail Sphere and Earth Guard/Wall).

I wonder if it has anything to do with a Japanese film about mushroom monsters.

Sounds like it. Seems Matango is a made up word for the most part.

Berseria made me laugh several times in one sitting. Yep, it's good now.😄

Too early to truly make a real judgement (herb picking for medicine is the current assignment), but the cast is feeling like it could be one of the better ones in a Tales to me.

The ship expedition islands are also making me curious about the older games I haven't played, maybe I would delay Arise for one of them. Though by the time I'm done with Berseria, that curiosity will inevitably be tempered by a full stomach.😅

37 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Getting Metroid Prime Remastered the other day reminded me that the menu creeped me out when I was younger. Then again, I was five or six at the time so everything probably creeped me out back then.

Same. The Metroid guts are a visceral choice. The frigate being a literal disaster once you walk through the air lock made for a game of maximum scariness for a child. If it weren't for the fact I know it's the tutorial area (what a choice!), it still would've creeped me out now (and the Scan Visor entries contribute wonderfully to the atmosphere too).😆

17 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Why wouldn't it be the best starting point? Persona 3 is the very first Persona game after all. This is a joke, before anyone hunts me down.

The only one in this topic who would is me. And I won't.😜

There are musings* going around that something might be in the works for the old Persona 1-2IS-2EP trio. However, even if these unofficial claims were true, they'll probably be the PSP ports again, with a few QoL improvements (and an Eternal Punishment retranslation) if we're lucky. Not the full remakes the games need/deserve, because I doubt Atlus be egalitarian and give the same amount of resources to the early games -that failed to make a big splash- that they did to P3R and would to a P4R. The poor will stay poor, the rich will stay rich.

*I refuse to use the word "rumor", since, in Persona 2, rumors can magically come true. Reality doesn't work that way, for a little worse and totally for better.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, it was mostly having someone in the healer role (which Kloe naturally fits as some of her orbment slots are locked to Water to begin with)

She is actually better suited to be mainstay offence ironically due to high ATS and water having ATS + boosts.

Yeah, it was a precaution, but she indeed spent more time casting Soul Blur and Death Scream than otherwise.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, it was a precaution, but she indeed spent more time casting Soul Blur and Death Scream than otherwise.

Healing being flat values sucks for that reason. Its not "bad" really, just a nitpick of mine. Role overlap issues, really. Trails will constantly slam you with that in the future when 99% of the cast becomes art casters lol.

7 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Smash Bros generally has a window of 1-7 frame options that are basically unreactable for humans. I dont think that means they dont notice how quick a frame 1 options is. You could say "its only 6 frames!" Though. 

Some can react and notice and some cant, its just how things are. Unfortunately.

There's a difference between 7 frames and 30 frames. But that wasn't really what i was talking about.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is it with the monster you have to help feed so it becomes a UM?

Yep that one. The strat is to set it at Easy or Custom Easy with maximum HP possible so you can farm him as long as possible.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

oesn't it have the same animators as the Godzilla anime trilogy? Maybe that's why you feel that way.

It does. It's not that bad tho.

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Healing being flat values sucks for that reason. Its not "bad" really, just a nitpick of mine. Role overlap issues, really. Trails will constantly slam you with that in the future when 99% of the cast becomes art casters lol.

Though to be fair, I didn't had much need for healing because I gave Kevin a Time Gem. So he could keep up Earth Guard/Wall on everyone practically all the time.

---

I just noticed about the Switch Online Game Vouchers. Two games for 2000 MXN? Man, with how they are normally 1200 MXN each, that is a significant discount.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Same. The Metroid guts are a visceral choice. The frigate being a literal disaster once you walk through the air lock made for a game of maximum scariness for a child. If it weren't for the fact I know it's the tutorial area (what a choice!), it still would've creeped me out now (and the Scan Visor entries contribute wonderfully to the atmosphere too).😆

Prime is one of the ones Ive made it all the way through but never finished. Final battle is a tough one

I played Fusion maybe last year and there were parts of that I thought were kinda hair raising. One particular “oh shit” moment was when you’re goin up a elevator and suddenly it stops. The whats-his-name guy comes on and says “Samus, we have a problem. The main reactor has gone offline” 😳

20 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Witch on the Holy Night shipments and digital sales top 200,000 - Gematsu

From the praise I sense exists for Type-Moon, 200k sounds like less than I would've expected

I am not an expert on VN numbers, but that sounds pretty good?

Don't forget, VNs are a niche amongst niches.

20 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is it because it's not Fate?

Certainly a factor. Mahoyo neither has Fate's weight nor Tsukihime's legacy.

Not to a mention Mahoyo neither has routes nor bad ends afaik.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though to be fair, I didn't had much need for healing because I gave Kevin a Time Gem. So he could keep up Earth Guard/Wall on everyone practically all the time

You played Normal, right? How much damage on average did the Enforcers deal you? Or when using their S Craft(s) etc.

You played Normal, right? How much damage on average did the Enforcers deal you? Or when using their S Craft(s) etc.

I think it was...a couple thousands? Somewhere like that. There was a couple of times I had to revive the party.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I think it was...a couple thousands? Somewhere like that. There was a couple of times I had to revive the party.

Hard mode Walter and Loewe's S Crafts will one shot you. Nightmare... Well, yeah. Lol

Haha, sounds about right. Which is why once I got past switching the party around for the Enforcer scenes, I just put Kevin with the guarding setup and never let go.

Haha, sounds about right. Which is why once I got past switching the party around for the Enforcer scenes, I just put Kevin with the guarding setup and never let go.

"I hold in my hand a chalice of the heaveans, may it's holiest of lights act as our shield!"

"I hold in my hand a chalice of the heaveans, may it's holiest of lights act as our shield!"

“You must choose, but choose wisely”. 😎

Nice, finally got Flammie to fly around the world map. Gonna stop here and continue tomorrow.

The night is pitch black

yet the spring air is still warm,

rare this is, I lounge.

Through darkness, the laptop cuts,

skits abounding, fights between.

🇯🇵

...I can't bring myself up to play anything else. A game like this always leaves me with some narrative thread to keep me propelled into continuing the next day, rather than interrupt the flow.😆

I'm being reminded of one thing at this point- Tales loooooooooooooves skits. Why does it feel like Berseria has more than any prior game in the franchise that I've played?😅 So much writing and voicework goes into this. Tales lives by its cast of heroes, that's how it feels right now. -But I don't mind it at all, it's good well, most skits are, I've little liking for any where they tease Laphi for his innocence.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

H1XjaIcMoAl9oLbU1H7qBj.jpg?ex=66304632&i

Let's wrap this up.

Perfect timing. April 29th is Xenoblade Chronicles X's 9th birthday! And also the second anniversary of the personal fiasco I once posted in this topic. Here's PRAYING we get the sequel by its 10th! -Or an announcement of the sequel, I'll settle for that!😃

Still no luck with the Rare Blades. Ah well, perhaps next weekend. Or Wednesday, since it's May 1st.

Anyway... I think I'm gonna play some Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. Rescue Team DX. I ended up getting those vouchers and used one for this, and the other for Paper Mario TTYD. Alright, let's go!

I like the use of storybook-esque art style they went for here.

Ah, the quiz. It was fun doing it when I played the original... but it certainly was a hassle if you wanted a specific outcome due to the random nature of which questions were chosen, haha. I'm thankful the remake kept the quiz and the ability to just choose the Pokémon outright. Also... I got Jolly. That's... sounds weird to describe me. XD But well, them's the breaks if the questions end up chosen in such way I guess.

Hmm... well, I'm not too fussed over this, so I just went with Pikachu and the partner being Eevee. When just about every main story boss but one is part-Flying, Electric does sound like a safe bet to have, specially in the Fugitive Arc. Yeah, the one exception is Ground, but by then I'll have options. Anyway, I think I had a fanfic idea using that combination. Maybe I could revisit that, and this playthrough could be a fun excercise to get a feel of writing it down later on. Or... was that combination meant to be used with Explorers? I know I had at least one idea there too. Anyway... let's start this, shall we.

Waking up turned into a Pokémon probably still beats waking up in the Skyrim cart.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

GMTFLOLXsAA0CiA?format=jpg&name=large

Hardest lines in fiction.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perfect timing. April 29th is Xenoblade Chronicles X's 9th birthday! And also the second anniversary of the personal fiasco I once posted in this topic. Here's PRAYING we get the sequel by its 10th! -Or an announcement of the sequel, I'll settle for that!😃

Switch 2 launch title 🙏

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hardest lines in fiction.

The sequel can even reuse the line. Let's not forget the Ghost were there too, doesn't matter what their true goal was, they let it happen.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Switch 2 launch title 🙏

I do not like hearing that phrase.😠 ...I make an exception for X2. Announce the system during the inevitable Summer Direct -but only if it'll include two-and-a-half irreplaceable minutes of Mira's other hemisphere.😄