Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

On 4/23/2024 at 10:35 AM, Venger_06 said:

Hisui's True End, Midday Moon. To this day, even after FSN, FHA, Camelot, Babylonia, Lostbelt 6, etc. it's still the best thing Nasu ever wrote.

I did like the twist at the end, but the route itself was...

That said, red garden will massively change far side. With the remake additions far side as it is now wouldn't work.

Not just additions, but also changes. Some bad ends in Glass moon already hint towards changes.

Also, no censorship worries.

On 4/23/2024 at 10:35 AM, Venger_06 said:

Akiha's route also balances mystery well with action. It will be a good introduction to Red Garden.

People are speculating route order will change in remake.

Hisui -> Kohaku -> Akiha -> Sacchin

Mostly based in the trailer, but also stuff from glass moon.

Edited by Shrimpica

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Do I try playing two games at once again? I can't remember the last time I did.😆 -Not that Berseria is boring me, but I feel like I could use something to change up the sorta-mindless (I'm playing on Normal) combat (I miss the days when Tales dungeons had actual puzzles).

@Shrimpica

Witch on the Holy Night shipments and digital sales top 200,000 - Gematsu

From the praise I sense exists for Type-Moon, 200k sounds like less than I would've expected.😕 Is it because it's not Fate? Or are visual novels simply so niche that, even with major brand recognition, there is a low sales-ceiling on the genre that is difficult to break?🤔 -I know very little of development costs & expectable sales with regards to VNs.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, the whole "bu-but 30 fps messes up my timing" feels like a government psyop. Not once have i ever had my performance in a game affected by it's framerate unless it was running at frames it wasn't supposed to.

More important than framerates themselves is consistency, I'd say. If the frames are swivelling up and down, that is actually going to mess with your performance. In action games it can be quite distracting.

As for 30 vs 60, I definitely do notice it, it feels a lot nicer when it's 60 or up, but as long as it's consistent, it's playable.

I'd say, in an attempt to try to shake off the writing apathy, I decided to actually write something new. New in the sense of being somewhat unrelated to what I'm usually writing. So, I decided to start up a little Trials of Mana fanfic. I don't know if I'd actually upload it anywhere, it's mostly just to break monotony, perhaps. So far, I'd say it's working. I am having no problems writing up... well, I still need to look up certain things to not make mistakes, but that's an aside point. I feel like writing a "chapter", then see if it made any difference. Though again, not sure if I'd upload it.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't know if I'd actually upload it anywhere, it's mostly just to break monotony, perhaps.

I mean I just keep my ideas to myself. And, whilst I have enough creativity to imagine (like this one Rune Factory-inspired concept which I recently revisited and tweaked), it falls faaaaaaaar short of enough to ever fully execute an idea. I commend you for actually trying to bring anything to completion in the first place.😃

Yeah, it happens. I'd say for me is just the fact I don't have a lot of free time.

There was a time I spent years writing non-stop. But it was the time after I got my Bachelor's and before getting a long-lasting job. So, yeah, plenty of free time.

---

Okay, finally at the Upper Land and...

> Sees the Mana Beasts flying about

Well, that's a thing.

Matango... gives me a chuckle.

Matango

Matango

Mango

Matanga dijo la changa...

On 4/25/2024 at 9:09 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Apathy" wouldn't be my word of choice. I had been wanting to, but I always found some reason to say I'm not yet ready. It's a (foolish) sense of elevating certain kinds of video games to a level demanding... austerity perhaps? Treating video games like the long-destroyed Temple in Jerusalem, and continually questioning if I've done enough ablutions to purify myself for it to be proper for me to walk into the hallowed edifice.

Lately Ive been finding myself doing the same thing

Best I can figure, it comes down having something to look forward to after playin one of your better games

Its a bit like retirement. “Ok. Been lookin forward to it. What do I do now.”  

On 4/25/2024 at 3:56 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so Nintendo's gone off the deep end now. You know, just a tad more than usual.

I don't even understand what the point is here. With piracy the point is that people could be playing downloaded games instead of buying their shit, with fangames the point is that people could be playing fangames instead of buying their shit, and with game footage online the point is that people could just watch playthroughs instead of buying their shit. At least I can follow the logic there. But what's the logic here? How do goofy animations of Meyro and Loogi being uploaded to Youtube sometimes affect Nintendo's bottom line? Especially now, 20 years into Gmod's existence.

They've just decided to fuck people over for no reason. Fucking incredible.

There’s a reason 

We will do what we want because we can, so screw you

7 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Im fairly certain this mockery was uneeded.

That wasn't a mock.

7 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

If you dont understand how crucial frames can be. Smash is a great example. The 60 FPS really shines there imo.

It's already been scientifically proven that a lot of people genuinely do not perceive the difference between frames without a contrast right in front of them.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

More important than framerates themselves is consistency, I'd say. If the frames are swivelling up and down, that is actually going to mess with your performance. In action games it can be quite distracting.

Yeah the consistency is what should be valued more. Is the intended rate 30 and it runs at 30 with very little/no dips? That's fine. Does it fluctuate a lot? Now that's an issue.

Flammie!

It's quite interesting the remake kept the unused stairs in the cave. I guess it does keep the map faithful to the original, but it still remains an oddity.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Flammie!

It's quite interesting the remake kept the unused stairs in the cave. I guess it does keep the map faithful to the original, but it still remains an oddity.

“I’ve seen em bigger. This one must be a runt”. 😁

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It's already been scientifically proven that a lot of people genuinely do not perceive the difference between frames without a contrast right in front of them.

Smash Bros generally has a window of 1-7 frame options that are basically unreactable for humans. I dont think that means they dont notice how quick a frame 1 options is. You could say "its only 6 frames!" Though. 

Some can react and notice and some cant, its just how things are. Unfortunately.

Edited by Lightcosmo

Ahahaha, it's so funny to see Santa Claus here.

Okay, Ice Palace done. Might put a stop here for now. Time to eat!

Avoiding killing the skeleton warriors in chapter 7 can be done really easily now, because they all use weapons that prevent counterattacking.
I suppose walling them out could still be rather annoying. So I just used the flag to keep them out of the way.

A really nice touch is that once the illusion is dispelled, all the waste tiles into plain tiles. Even some extra houses are revealed.
Besides being a fitting visual change, this of course also means that you get around a lot easier.
...I wonder if maybe this only happens if you really do not kill anybody.

Hmm, if I could get Bonacel up there, he could probably stall the Ordom raiders indefinitely if I unequip him and have him guard one of the yurts.

Only thing I don't like is that it no longer plays the map theme during the battle preparations. Instead it plays a different, rather short song that doesn't even properly loop.
Not doing the atmosphere any favors there. Which is unfortunate, since atmosphere is kinda what the whole map runs on.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ahahaha, it's so funny to see Santa Claus here.

Okay, Ice Palace done. Might put a stop here for now. Time to eat!

Is that where the one knucklehead took a mana seed and wanted to grow a giant Christmas tree? 😆

I’m into Clash of Heroes again, the DS version this time since I haven’t done it on this emulator yet. Tryin to level up the last of the Sheogh army which would be abyssal lords before we wrap up ch 4

Just now, Capt. Fargus said:

Is that where the one knucklehead took a mana seed and wanted to grow a giant Christmas tree? 😆

Yep, that's the one. lol

I think I only have like 1-2 Blades left to get from the Gacha. Having used so many Core Crystals already in the intended way, I think I might just game it a little now. Get a sizeable number of crystals, then make a Cloud Save and turn off automatic sync. Use the crystals, if no Rare Blades, then download back the Cloud Save and try again.

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think I only have like 1-2 Blades left to get from the Gacha. Having used so many Core Crystals already in the intended way, I think I might just game it a little now. Get a sizeable number of crystals, then make a Cloud Save and turn off automatic sync. Use the crystals, if no Rare Blades, then download back the Cloud Save and try again.

Just farm the crystals in Torigoth.