Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Although, I am definitely gonna use a controller for Secret of Mana.

Okay, three Enforcers "down" (in several senses of down, hue). Will continue tomorrow.

• Replies 178.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Now that I've finished Cyberpunk 2077 (10/10 game if it wasn't rushed), I finally started what take my leave for: Persona 3 ReloadStill, kinda feel bad for not starting a series replay before it. I'm currently in July but I can already say that it's a practically perfect remake. They fixed all the problems of the original without changing the core of the game, and to boot in general Reload is more difficult and better designed than 5 Royal.

It's basically the perfect entry point for the series right now.

Oo4PJ1TG_o.jpgJHDMkhNH_o.jpg

OST slaps as always. Can't get enough of this song

On 4/17/2024 at 11:46 PM, Armagon said:

Unrelated but one of the funniest things about the Michael Bay Transformers movies is that King Arthur teams up with a giant dragon Transformer to fight the Saxons. England still exists which means that Arthur had a giant dragon Transformer on his side and still lost.

Bay truly lost his mind after Dark of the Moon

maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

On 4/18/2024 at 12:32 AM, Acacia Sgt said:

Just say he was Romano-Briton, or Proto-Welsh.

Crusader Kings 2 taught me that if they are in the same culture group they might as well be the same

On 4/18/2024 at 5:35 PM, Shrimpica said:

Shirou?

That's Arihiko

On 4/18/2024 at 9:17 PM, Shrimpica said:

EjWF9TA.png

Go back to the original ending, cat xD

can't believe they're acknowledging the normal end lol

On 4/18/2024 at 9:17 PM, Shrimpica said:

And how are you planning to one up Ciel True anyway? You can't have the 2nd route be the most epic of them, even if the far side routes are more on the mystery side (Althought Ciel remake satisfied mystery aplenty as well).

Hisui's True End, Midday Moon. To this day, even after FSN, FHA, Camelot, Babylonia, Lostbelt 6, etc. it's still the best thing Nasu ever wrote. If they don't fuck it up with censorship it will blow away all the unsuspecting players, and even some veterens who are not familiar with the original route.

Akiha's route also balances mystery well with action. It will be a good introduction to Red Garden. But I'll kill Nasu if her route ends up as the weakest in the remake.

I'll kill the Mushroom Man

On 4/22/2024 at 5:29 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

...Not that I'm against remakes on principle. Sometimes they're a nice upgrade, and in this case I'd argue it's almost necessary, because... Well, you may recall from when I tried them out, but Suikoden 1&2 do not have a translation that meets modern standards at all. It's complete garbage and totally distracting unless you're playing it as a child who doesn't know better.

Wait, when did this happen??? You got to play one of my favorite games and I wasn't here??????

Anyway, yes, you're right. Suikoden 2 was one of the first games I played when I was a kid and I was still learning English

3 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

Wait, when did this happen??? You got to play one of my favorite games and I wasn't here??????

Better that way, I won't lie.

3 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

Anyway, yes, you're right. Suikoden 2 was one of the first games I played when I was a kid and I was still learning English

I played it like, 8 months ago? Something like that?

...my conclusion was that these games indeed do need remakes.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Masterpiece

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Better that way, I won't lie.

Tell me you at least got a glimpse of one the best villains of the medium

8da5ca870e29e379181926cc57ca259f.jpg

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...my conclusion was that these games indeed do need remakes.

True! That's the thing with 95% of the old games, even the great ones. I hope FE4 remake do justice to the original

1 minute ago, Venger_06 said:

I mean, it takes all of five minutes to get a glimpse of Luca.

I will say, the intro is really good and definitely makes an impression. If the translation wasn't what it is and the game required a braincell to be played I probably would have gotten more into it, because there's a very good story in there.

1 minute ago, Venger_06 said:

True! That's the thing with 95% of the old games, even the great ones. I hope FE4 remake do justice to the original

At least FE4 benefitted from having a fanslation made in the 2010s instead of a godawful official translation made in 199X like Suikoden. Project Naga actually feels like the person who wrote it knows how to write.

@Acacia Sgt I happened to notice the Grendizer game is 40% off on Steam right now. -Which means that were you to get it at some point, you should wait for a sale.

3 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

I played Suiko II in its entirety years ago. I will say that it was a bit of a letdown from all the praise it gets, for me personally.

-But, Luca was undeniably well-executed.😉

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least FE4 benefitted from having a fanslation made in the 2010s instead of a godawful official translation made in 199X like Suikoden. Project Naga actually feels like the person who wrote it knows how to write.

Re-fanslation, remember. It wasn't the first. And the first generation of video game fan translations was... juvenile in ways. Thankfully, regardless of any Strict vs. Spirit translation battles (an eternal war), the fan translating community as a whole has matured.

58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I happened to notice the Grendizer game is 40% off on Steam right now. -Which means that were you to get it at some point, you should wait for a sale.

Yeah, heh, it's basically what I've pretty much almost always done with buying games. Due to doing it for years before I had an income. Rarely do I buy for full price.

Alright, Loewe defeated.

> Has Kevin in the party

Well, this totally ain't foreshadowing of anything, nah uh...

"How many remixes of Silver Will do you want in this game?" "Yes."

Okay, so, I decided on Kloe and Kevin to be in my final party. Because Soul Blur and Earth Guard/Wall spam go brrrrrr.

I might actually end this today, after work.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Dang, the other Switch emulator has improved so much in the past year. Where Engage stuttered like mad last year in that emu, the stuttering is now minimal. Heck, from the five-minute test I ran, it seems to run better than Fates did on Citra now! Not bad. Yuzu who, again?

>Metaphor developed by Persona team

>Not set in high school

>Seemingly no romance

What did they mean by this?

10 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Bay truly lost his mind after Dark of the Moon

maxresdefault.jpg

Wdym he made the best scene in cinema

Opera_Snapshot_2024-04-23_144902_www.red

what's funny is that the movie's interpretation of the law still doesn't apply to the guy so he's still committing a felony.

Wow there's even a certain game that runs like a dream. No stutters, no issues, nothing at all, it just chugs along.

Fucking Yuzu deserves to rot where it is.

FINALLY began Berseria. Could've started in the morning, but let it pass me by and began sometime after 2 in the afternoon.😅 

I played only for an hour-forty (stopping at the first inn). Not long. Did I enjoy the game? No. -But I wasn't expecting to, and I know it's all my fault.😆 

That bizarre issue of mine- initializing on a new, big, story-heavy RPG. It was present, and it was strong.😑

The entire time outside of the opening, I had the volume set to 0. Voice-acting... it doesn't unnerve me, not sure what word I'd use, yet when a story is only beginning, for some reason, it's easier to get into things if everyone is muted than not. -Not that I should do this, but I do, sometimes.

At a point during the prologue/flashback stuff, I went a step further and started mashing through text, only sometimes catching the gist of what was said. Now, the flashback is pretty short, I was done with it in 50 mins, this wasn't Graces's child arc, which was a tad overlong. Nonetheless, even on the scene that ends this prologue, I was doing semi-furious skipping through text. Which sounds... utterly insane. Why would I do that, when this establishes the lead and what drives them forward?🤨 -Well, I just did. Although, I can kinda get what Berseria is. Zestiria was too straightforward Good Light vs. Dark Evil with a fairly mild cast (by Tales standards), people didn't like that. So, Namco made a distant prequel with Evil Light & Good Darkness and an edgy Tales's First No-Sharing Female Lead. Very simple.😛

As for breaking out of the prison, well since Velv' was alone, I chose to avoid fighting when possible. Wait for the team to fill up first. I didn't exactly pay much attention to the tutorial explanation of any new combat intricacies that Namco invented for this game, which isn't a big deal, since I never fully exploit those minute combat details anyhow. Tales is easy enough- melee attack using whatever works, guard or evade if possible, let the AI stagger the baddies with spells and heal you, pop items occasionally, win. That's all I need to know.😀

Even through the prison, I was totally scene fast-forwarding. Sorry to Witch Girl and Samurai Man, but I rushed through your intros, and every skit up to this point featuring you.😅However, it's not like a 50-hour journey doesn't lay ahead, during which there will be many more skits and cutscenes to behold thee in all thy splendor. I can't maintain this strange behavior forever, with a few more hours, it'll all recede and I'll get to enjoying this like any other Tales.😀

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

>Metaphor developed by Persona team

>Not set in high school

>Seemingly no romance

What did they mean by this?

And yet, there are still those who think this is still Too Persona. Especially since Re-Me-Fa-Ta-Se-Do! was looking like vaporware for years and I think Atlus claimed at the time they were trying to experiment and create something new. Yet they ended up returning from the wilderness of possibilities with something not too different from what they've made before.

Curious how the sales will be. Atlus seems to be trying to make this game into a third pillar of comparable standing to SMT and the P', but I'm not sure if Atlus gamers will buy into it.

Gamera: Rebirth

mid-its-mid.gif

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wow there's even a certain game that runs like a dream. No stutters, no issues, nothing at all, it just chugs along.

What's the other game?

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet, there are still those who think this is still Too Persona. Especially since Re-Me-Fa-Ta-Se-Do! was looking like vaporware for years and I think Atlus claimed at the time they were trying to experiment and create something new. Yet they ended up returning from the wilderness of possibilities with something not too different from what they've made before.

I think it's moreso the vibes that are differen. The music being 100% diegetic is a very neat touch.

Game looks cool but if that calendar system is anything like Persona, it's a skip.

On a completely unrelated note that has nothign to do with what I was talking about before, I have finally got around to trying out Mario Wonder.

Yeah, it's as fun as it seemed to be. Honestly, good. I needed a bit of bright lackadaisy after all these months of writing evil people doing evil things.

Just now, Armagon said:

What's the other game?

Ah, well. You know. Fire Emblem 18.

Super_Mario_Bros._Wonder_2024-04-24_00-0

I appreciate this. It doesn't call it "Mario's party" like Mario World did. That was always so funny. Mario selflessly gives Luigi all his lives and proceeds to trip over a Koopa and die, and the narration after each castle still claims Mario did anything when it was all Loogi. Truly, the future is now.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So Warriors?

No, I'm talking mainline series here. SRPGs.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, I'm talking mainline series here. SRPGs.

I mean, you seem set in not revealing the game, so I wanted to have fun with it.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I mean, you probably should even if it wasn't. Await Similelite edition. Sorry to say it.

Yeah they're gonna come out with Metaphor ReFantazio Whimsy Edition where all the base game problems are fixed and new content is added.

Like with SMT5V. That game is just making a fool out of anyone who bought the original at this rate. Like fucking hell, they are remaking the songs bro. Game came out three years ago btw.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

appreciate this. It doesn't call it "Mario's party" like Mario World did. That was always so funny. Mario selflessly gives Luigi all his lives and proceeds to trip over a Koopa and die, and the narration after each castle still claims Mario did anything when it was all Loogi. Truly, the future is now.

I think that was because Mario World always defaulted towards Mario.

Just now, Armagon said:

I think that was because Mario World always defaulted towards Mario.

Yeah, of course, but still. In the All Stars + World with the Newgrounds Luigi sprite (you know the one), they went the extra mile of making sprites for Luigi doing the castle destruction gags, but they still had the text say "Mario"! What gives, Miyamoto? You got two sons!

Just now, Armagon said:

Like with SMT5V. That game is just making a fool out of anyone who bought the original at this rate. Like fucking hell, they are remaking the songs bro. Game came out three years ago btw.

I know. I own it.😑 

(Unfinished, owing to me going real slowly with it.)

...I get Atlus doing this back in the PS2 era, when DLC wasn't possible yet. I get them doing it -to an extent- with Radiant Historia, SMT: Strange Journey, and the Devil Survivors, since adding voice-acting to a DS game wouldn't exactly be easy.

But please, let Vengeance be the last of this practice.🙏 

On 4/22/2024 at 8:28 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I played a bit of Secret of Mana once, the iOS version to be precise. Though a vibrant 16-bit oldie it was, I felt the combat was clunky with its age, stuck unhappily between turn-based and action. While the Trials remake still has a pinch of excessive mid-combat menuing, I did appreciate its shift to purer action. (And I've heard the 3D remake of Secret wasn't received very well.)

Do enjoy though!😀 Ought to be a good change of pace from Trails?

Always loved the SNES version of Secret of Mana

Try Sword of Mana if you get a chance 

Alright, time to end this... will need to get Trails in the Sky The Third at some point, but it's fine for now.