Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also I'm being a bit selfish there. There's only like, one other person who writes for it regularly other than me, and overall there's only like two-three others who may write from time to time. So I want less people involved so no ones beats me to the choices I want to write for.

Heh, the odds I would contribute are thin. As are the odds that I would do more than skim it tbh... but you’ve written a lot, so odds are your bits are really good!

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So i decided to check that year-in-review thing Nintendo does at the end of each year.

Ep40AMUXYAENoEJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is good but how the hell is it one of my most played this year? Either this is exclusively for games i bought this year or Nintendo is trippin' because i know i played Xenoblade 2 for much longer than VC4.

Ep40T_SW4AAzrGL?format=jpg&name=medium

Crazy how there's only two games i'm interested in here: Indivisible and Half-Genie Hero. And buying Indivisible now is gonna leave a weird taste in my mouth due to the dev studio disbanding because the founder and CEO was a huge asshole.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fair enough. Personally, though, I find both to be equally unbearable. Too difficult in the wrong ways, and I grow frustrated, lose motivation and move on to something I can actually enjoy. Too easy in the wrong ways, and I find myself droning out and wondering why I'm wasting my time with something so inane, then move on to something I can actually enjoy.

Yeah. It really just does come down to patience and the kind of game that it is. Like, i'm fine with Kirby games being easy until the eldritch final boss busts down my door and murders me, also Star Allies was too easy even for Kirby standards but if play Gunvolt or Mega Man or anything similar and it's too easy, i'm gonna raise some eyebrows.

Though at the end of the day, i'm still more likely to drop a insanely difficult game over a piss easy one.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I hesitate to try lunatic conquest because I just have literally no clue how I would progress in those later chapters. Like oh god Takumi’s wall map.

Oh God Ch.26-28. Those chapters were miserable on Hard, Lunatic feels like it should be illegal.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Why can't we have a hard difficulty that isn't just stat inflation?

Difficulty on turn-based RPGs in a nutshell.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Just click the link there and sign into your MyNintendo if prompted. 

Thanks 😄

Let's see how it will look like xd

Edit:

Open to non-supervised Nintendo Accounts registered in the U.S. and Canada only.

oh well

Edited by Father Shrimpas

As for my Switch review:

• Is a Core Gamer
  • Played 600 hours in 2020 (508 in 2019)
  • Played 22 games (14 in 2019)
  • Most played games were (in order) Dragon Quest XI, Xenoblade DE, Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy VII, and Okami HD
  • (Most played in 2019 were Three Houses, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Xenoblade 2, Super Mario Odyssey, and Octopath Traveler)
  • Most active day was May 14, during which I mostly played FFVII (most active day in 2019 was July 31, during which I played Three Houses)
  • Most active month was February (111 hours), during which I played Astral Chain, Luigi's Mansion 3, Three Houses (mainly Cindered Shadows), and Dragon Quest XI
  • Runner up months were May (Animal Crossing, FFVII, and DQXI), June (Xenoblade), and July (more Xenoblade and Okami)
  • Least active month was August (5 hours), during which I apparently only played Smash once and AC for a few hours. What else did I do that month? Maybe I was playing Ace Attorney instead.
  • 508 Gold Points earned
  • Recommended titles are Skyrim, Tales of Vesperia, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Party, and Ring Fit Adventure
  • ...And I played one Mario game.

As an aside, the last screenshot I took during 2019 was Mythra saying "A simpleton?" while the first of 2020 was toppling Tyrannotitan Kurodil.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is good but how the hell is it one of my most played this year? Either this is exclusively for games i bought this year or Nintendo is trippin' because i know i played Xenoblade 2 for much longer than VC4.

Did you play Xenoblade 2 on a different profile? That might be the reason (and thinking about it, it's probably the reason why it's not one of my most played games either).

Edited by Lightchao42

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Did you play Xenoblade 2 on a different profile? That might be the reason (and thinking about it, it's probably the reason why it's not one of my most played games either).

That's......definitely the reason. All of my profiles just blend together since i'm the only one who plays lmao.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just click the link there and sign into your MyNintendo if prompted. 

Oh I was gonna ask that, looks fun! I’ll try it!

9 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Open to non-supervised Nintendo Accounts registered in the U.S. and Canada only.

oh well

How could they do this!?

——

And Imgur won’t let me upload the images. Welp. My most played games were Three Houses, BotW, Stardew Valley, Octopath and... animal crossing!? It took me that long to drop it?? Huh. Well other than that it wasn’t surprising... It recommended to me Pokemon Shield, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Maker 2, and then both Minecraft and Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (lol)... I have literally zero interest in all of these titles. Welp.

Armagon and Lightcosmo, have mercy!

Other noteworthy news is that the amount of games I played this year (15) is less than half of last year’s, (32).

I'd say, my most played Switch game is either Smash Ultimate, or N. Sane Trilogy's port. Don't know which one.

Thanks to my cousin's Switch, since I don't own one yet... grr....

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just checked mine...

• Core gamer.
  • 299 hours.
  • 37 games.
  • Most played games in order are Smash Ultimate (forgot how many hours I put into it, tbh; 80+ as it turns out), Rune Factory 4 Special, Three Houses, BotW, and New Horizons of all things (15 hours total, haha).
  • In 2019, the games were BotW (100+ hours), Rocket League, Mario Maker 2, MK8D, and Starlink, haha.
  • Most active day this year was March 13. IIRC that was because of Rune Factory 4 Special.
  • Most active day last year was November 3. That was definitely BotW.
  • BotW and Smash were why I was so active in February of this year IIRC.
  • 774 gold points.
  • I played 5 Mario games.
  • I didn't play my Switch at all in April, apparently. Huh.
  • Recommended games for me are: FF Crystal Chronicles (interesting to me, but not enough to buy), Pokemon Shield, Age of Calamity (just picked that up, actually), Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Just checked mine...

• Core gamer.

What?

• and New Horizons of all things (15 hours total, haha).

Welcome to the club!

• Most active day this year was March 13. IIRC that was because of Rune Factory 4 Special.

Oh yeah I didn’t share mine. Mine was November 30th, and I have no idea why.

• I didn't play my Switch at all in April, apparently. Huh.

I played one hour in March and 3 in October.

29 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Edit:

oh well

Huh. I checked NoE's Twitter to see if they had it and nope. Weird.

Maybe they'll put it up later.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

fp6gpomnce931.png?width=809&height=431

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey, don't forget about including me in the Xenoblade club. It's basically the only thing I talk about in this thread.

dontforgetme2.jpg

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hey, don't forget about including me in the Xenoblade club. It's basically the only thing I talk about in this thread.

dontforgetme2.jpg

Mercy!! I’ve played as Shulk once or twice in smash, I swear!

Welp, I have fe1 downloaded now. I probably won’t play it until I’m done with Octopath (watching the remaining stories and grinding every class skill on the remaining characters), though.

You know, seasons 5 through 7 of The Clone Wars has the cleanest 3D animation i've ever seen out of a 3D animated series. They could honestly pass for movies, especially season 7. And The Bad Batch continuing that style means Clone Wars chads stay winning.

The animation is so fucking clean, i love it.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

If Hard Mode chapter 21 is better than normal mode’s I will eat a tomato.

1445568180_FE6story(1).sav

There you go! This is the save from the FE6 succession run, so there are some good units missing. Note that I haven't done the battle preps yet, and there are a boat load of stat boosters! Hitting up the secret shop will be tricky, but if you want boots, you can do it.

My advice is not to reset if someone dies; I lost about six units here in the FE6 succession run, but I kept the true ending intact regardless! Resetting every time anyone died would have made this chapter real frustrating.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you for finding this! ☃️

And, I get what you mean with Chilly.

Chilly_Super_Star.png

It's got personality.

Aww, cood

Yes, he has personality.

Made it to the final shoot'em phase in the True Arena. These sections aren't that bad, but not having a circle pad on my 3DS anymore doesn't help me at all since precise movement is essential.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

1445568180_FE6story(1).sav 64 kB · 0 downloads

There you go! This is the save from the FE6 succession run, so there are some good units missing. Note that I haven't done the battle preps yet, and there are a boat load of stat boosters! Hitting up the secret shop will be tricky, but if you want boots, you can do it.

My advice is not to reset if someone dies; I lost about six units here in the FE6 succession run, but I kept the true ending intact regardless! Resetting every time anyone died would have made this chapter real frustrating.

Good lord... but I hate tomatoes...

Just kidding, there’s no way this will be better 😛

Since you had a hand in it, I take it the trained up units are Wendy, Sophia, Wolt, Noah, Treck, Barth, Fir, and Juno? 😛