Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Woot! Finally done with chapter 6! Next I've got Gronder, then...

Actually, I don't remember anything that happens after that until the holy tomb. And also the unique FE scene™ map.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

Woot! Finally done with chapter 6! Next I've got Gronder, then...

Actually, I don't remember anything that happens after that until the holy tomb. And also the unique FE scene™ map.

No mercy no respite Benice!

1 minute ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Anyways I'm going to upload Octopath Traveler.

Hope you enjoy!

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

No mercy no respite Benice!

Time to strangle Felix!

Octopath Traveler Part 1

Spoiler

8qtffnc.jpg

Cyrus is the character whose path I picked because people tell me he has a skill which will come to my favor. Anyways Cyrus is a teacher, one very with high authority since even teaches the most noble people here. The left woman is Theresie and the right one in Princess Mary.

Princess Mary asks Cyrus to teach her one from certain book which should be found in library. Cyrus, as dutyful he is, wants to grant this favor. However he is called by the school's principal first who gives him a lecture not to share certain knowledge to the outside world. Of course Cyrus is anything but thrilled. Though he still has to come to Mary's wish and finds the book. However it can't be found there. Cyrus is sure that something can't be right and starts to investigate. He has to ask four people: the chief of the library, a man called Russell, a guard of the librabry and the principal. After talking to a person you get a little descripton of them as gained information in a summary.

upj2Ogc.jpgUuTUaW5.jpg

After gaining the information you can solve the little riddle:

slnEuLY.jpg

Cyrus comes to the conlusion that the guy Russell must have stolen the book. He tries to catch him in his action. For that he has to enter the first dungeon in the game:

F77iIjE.jpgZCt87pV.jpg

It's beneath the school.

LLukVy1.jpgLLukVy1.jpgnrt6Bi6.jpgPAC5YH0.jpg

There's access to the menu. Though nothing aside of the invetory is relevant for me right now, I guess. Cyrus starts with a few HP and SP, reviving and curia item(s).

Wx40aI9.jpg

Octopath Traveler has random encounters. As if it's not bad enough, even disadvantage random encounters can happen. Someone must tell me, how it's possible to let it happen...

Anyways Cyrus's special ability comes in action:

sKtqL5Q.jpgSboAzxC.jpg

Cyrus can analyze weakness(es) of an opponent before a turn starts. He can analyze one weakness per turn. This should definitely help. Attacking the opponent's weakness can cause a break on them which causes stun on the opponent, so it can't attack in their  turn, but also increases the damage when it's stunned.

cXE0yoS.jpg

Each action gives a boost point. The number of boost point is shown below the name. Each boost point gives another attack, so up to five attacks in one turn can be done. However it's fixed up to four attacks for now. I haven't noticed if these attacks are stronger, so I guess it's only useful to use it for now for a final blow to prevent a counterattack or to cause a break.

X8hRGef.jpg

Since there are two boost points, he can attack up to twice.

k4SgpVW.jpg

...Umm... yeah... this is still the very same battle. I have not count how many HP the opponent had (definitely more than Cyrus), but this is ridiculous for a first battle. I used a HP recovery item so save myself from the biggest possible disgrace in a JRPG.

8jwMsaZ.jpg

After like ten turns victory and a level up.

I have no idea how to analyze the opponent's stats if it's possible.

Also this game has only difficulty for now, so I have to deal with it.

9OX5zJC.jpg

a TP recovery item

Bgvufy5.jpg

This dungeon features a merchant who offers some goodies. Of course I take a few HP recovery items.

kwyUyQY.jpgbRPlUim.jpg

Next to him is a chest with an old coin inside. It can be sold for 1500 what I did.

T6zlMkG.jpg

Right of the merchant, Russell can be found. After a little smalltalk Cyrus comes to the point and forces Russell to a make a confession. This is Russell's answer:

oDMgKMO.jpg

first bossfight

oDMgKMO.jpg

Russell himself with two icecubes or whatever they. I test out how fire works against them.

pGtES3x.jpg

Turn 2: As expected the cubes are weak to it.

AoH43XX.jpg

Turn 3: Cyrus's HP is already halved. Using a boost here.

qMHhsaS.jpg

Turn 4: I have to heal.

iio6Zf0.jpg

Turn 5: Testing if ice is effective against Russell and cause a break.

o7aqA3a.jpg

effective: yes, break: no; quite the opposite he plans something, probably a big spell cast

6bD7wu1.jpg

Turn 6: Still I'm confident Cyrus will survive this turn.

CCLGCk2.jpgHVWfeM4.jpgGVUuwyv.jpg

... nevermind

QcwnqwD.jpg

Nothing to say right here...

Will be continued...

....I've to self-isolate....

called 116117 because i've been having alot of coughs and headaches and stuff and they told me to self isolate and call again if it gets worse

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Oh, no!

Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds like.

If you planned to celebrate christmas with family a / o friends, oh well, then I'm really sorry for you!

Though getting well soon has highest priority now!

So yeah, I wish you a fast recovery and still somehow a not completely ruined christmas time!

1 hour ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

6bD7wu1.jpg

Turn 6: Still I'm confident Cyrus will survive this turn.

GVUuwyv.jpg

... nevermind

Yeah... When a boss starts glowing purple, you want to pull out all the stops and break them before they can unleash the attack. Russel has a weakness to staves (all first bosses have weaknesses geared to the advantage of their respective protagonists), so my advice would be: whack Russel a couple of times to leave him with 1 shield. Use fire attacks to keep the elementals at bay as much as possible, saving your boost points for when they're broken. When Russel starts charging, bash him over the head again to stop him. Once the elementals are dead, switch to ice attacks. With any luck you'll be able to pull it off like that.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

12 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Oh, no!

Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds like.

If you planned to celebrate christmas with family a / o friends, oh well, then I'm really sorry for you!

Though getting well soon has highest priority now!

So yeah, I wish you a fast recovery and still somehow a not completely ruined christmas time!

Thanks^^

it shouldn't be anything bad since i've been mostly keeping to myself, unless i cought something while i was shooping, but 116117 told me to self isolate and call again if it gets worse...

We decided to cancel everything this year. Better be safe than sorry..

So no plans getting ruined this week, but Corona has been ruining all my plans for this year...

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Great, plenty of time to replay Berwick Saga. Get to it.

Jokes aside, I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Great, plenty of time to replay Berwick Saga. Get to it.

gotta finish my Kaga conquest PME first xD

I am still up for the Tag Team thing though if we get like 5 people, would be pretty cool

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jokes aside, I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

Thx^^

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah... When a boss starts glowing purple, you want to pull out all the stops and break them before they can unleash the attack. Russel has a weakness to staves (all first bosses have weaknesses geared to the advantage of their respective protagonists), so my advice would be: whack Russel a couple of times to leave him with 1 shield. Use fire attacks to keep the elementals at bay as much as possible, saving your boost points for when they're broken. When Russel starts charging, bash him over the head again to stop him. Once the elementals are dead, switch to ice attacks. With any luck you'll be able to pull it off like that.

Ah, thanks for this tip!

16 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Thanks^^

it shouldn't be anything bad since i've been mostly keeping to myself, unless i cought something while i was shooping, but 116117 told me to self isolate and call again if it gets worse...

So no plans getting ruined this week, but Corona has been ruining all my plans for this year...

Well yeah, 2020 has been a curse... not only due to the virus...

Though being healthy at a time like this is the most important right now.

Unrelated my cousin wanted to invite me to stay over New Year at him and celebrate with firework. I think he hasn't understood the happenings in this year. And I don't want to know how he will purchase firework since the sell is abolished. I guess he'll get the "good" ones from Poland. I kindly declined thís offer.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

58 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

called 116117 because i've been having alot of coughs and headaches and stuff and they told me to self isolate and call again if it gets worse

Take care of yourself! And hopefully, things get better!

Though being healthy at a time like this is the most important right now.

you take care of yourself, too!

Unrelated my cousin wanted to invite me to stay over New Year at him and celebrate with firework. I think he hasn't understood the happenings in this year. And I don't want to know how he will purchase firework since the sell is abolished. I guess he'll get the "good" ones from Poland. I kindly declined thís offer.

*sigh*

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Take care of yourself! And hopefully, things get better!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Ouch. Best of luck with that.

51 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Well yeah, 2020 has been a curse... not only due to the virus...

Tell me about it. The virus has barely been around my area, and my year still sucked hard. Think if we get a big enough petition going, we can just retcon the whole thing out and start over from the end of 2019?

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Best of luck with that

Thanks!

Think if we get a big enough petition going, we can just retcon the whole thing out and start over from the end of 2019?

sign me up!

Think if we get a big enough petition going, we can just retcon the whole thing out and start over from the end of 2019?

Berwick Saga translation was released in 2020. We cannot retcon the entire year.

...The rest can go, though.

2 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Hope everything's okay. Take care of yourself.

Good morning!

5 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

^ I'll try...

My short as simple update:

QcwnqwD.jpg

I saw that screen a lot when fighting the final boss!

3 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

...Umm... yeah... this is still the very same battle. I have not count how many HP the opponent had (definitely more than Cyrus), but this is ridiculous for a first battle. I used a HP recovery item so save myself from the biggest possible disgrace in a JRPG.

Did you use spells? Staves are very weak, his class is built towards spells being his primary damage output.

3 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I have no idea how to analyze the opponent's stats if it's possible.

After every fight you earn something called JP (in the screenshot from your game it was called LBP) that allows you to buy skills in the menu, under the skills tab (I hope the translation is accurate). Cyrus can buy a lightning spell, the ability to analyze enemies and see their current HP as well as reveal another weakness, and he can also buy upgraded versions of all three of his elemental spells that attack twice per turn, and then the scholar’s divine skill, only usable at 3 BP, that focuses a party member of your choosing’s magic on one enemy instead of all at an increased intensity. 

4 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Each action gives a boost point. The number of boost point is shown below the name. Each boost point gives another attack, so up to five attacks in one turn can be done. However it's fixed up to four attacks for now. I haven't noticed if these attacks are stronger, so I guess it's only useful to use it for now for a final blow to prevent a counterattack or to cause a break.

You get one boost point every turn, excluding BP recovery items, and turns after you use BP you don’t automatically get one.

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Oh no!

Try to rest and take care.

2 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

gotta finish my Kaga conquest PME first xD

I am still up for the Tag Team thing though if we get like 5 people, would be pretty cool

Thx^^

What tag team thing?

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Hope everything's okay. Take care of yourself.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Try to rest and take care

thanks^^

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What tag team thing?

each player finishes a chapter then sends the save file to the next player!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Berwick Saga translation was released in 2020. We cannot retcon the entire year.

...The rest can go, though.

... and while replying to this I realized that'd wipe the whole Yubello thing... and Caeda...
Maybe the year didn't entirely suck.

On a side note... I think I just found a glitch in the FE1 port on the switch. When Wendell self-recruited on enemy phase, he just repeated the end of chapter script (or was it next chapter start) about treasure in the castle walls... and needing a thief in your army to open it. Which he repeated twice. What the hell? That's not his dialogue, I've been through this before.

2 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Tell me about it. The virus has barely been around my area, and my year still sucked hard. Think if we get a big enough petition going, we can just retcon the whole thing out and start over from the end of 2019?

Well, I've become orphan within the past two years, so what shall I say right here?

Though I've overcome with it.

And there's no single reason to celebrate 2021, even if firework is permitted, since there's absolute no sign of easing in sight. Quite the opposite, since a new mutation of Covid has been discovered recently, the entire pandemy can only become worse.

48 minutes ago, Sooks said:

After every fight you earn something called JP (in the screenshot from your game it was called LBP) that allows you to buy skills in the menu, under the skills tab (I hope the translation is accurate). Cyrus can buy a lightning spell, the ability to analyze enemies and see their current HP as well as reveal another weakness, and he can also buy upgraded versions of all three of his elemental spells that attack twice per turn, and then the scholar’s divine skill, only usable at 3 BP, that focuses a party member of your choosing’s magic on one enemy instead of all at an increased intensity. 

You get one boost point every turn, excluding BP recovery items, and turns after you use BP you don’t automatically get one.

Ah, I see.

So another reason to grind then.

Also I forgot to switch the localisation of the Switch into English, will do it next time.