• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So i tried doing the stealth mission on PoR Ch.10 and damn, this is one of the most poorly designed stealth missions i've ever seen in a video game.

....why is there even a stealth mission in a grid-based SRPG?

Because we need mission variety at all costs!

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So i tried doing the stealth mission on PoR Ch.10 and damn, this is one of the most poorly designed stealth missions i've ever seen in a video game.

....why is there even a stealth mission in a grid-based SRPG?

Because PoR is worse than Snow White and the seven clever boys!

I’ve always thought that a stealth mission in FE could be fantastic if it was well done. As in, not Fates: Revelation’s.

Speaking of FE, now that I finished rewatching all the octopath stories and grinding all the other characters’ skills because I felt like it, I picked my CF file back up and I should be able to finish it tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh no he was looking at more awful games!

Edited by Sooks
I said know was no. I no English.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh know he was looking at more awful games!

I love all the bad games! ALL OF THEM! All praise LJN, Phoenix games and Philips!

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I love all the bad games! ALL OF THEM! All praise LJN, Phoenix games and Philips!

People really don’t like E.T. the game for one of the Ataris. There’s a tip for you.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nice JonTron reference.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Stealth just doesn't belong in an SRPG. Not at all, really.

Valkyria Chronicles does it well but that's because the series is not grid-based.

Just now, Sooks said:

Why is Benice’s name in italics on the recently browsing members tab of this thread?

That usually denotes when someone's writing a post.

Whatwhatwhatwhat

Crimson Flower spoilers

Spoiler

So TWSITD just used their light nukes to destroy Arianrhod, a strong fort the imperial army had just taken in the Kinngdom, or at least, Hubert and Edelgard tell you outright this is what they believe to be the case, as punishment from them for killing Cornelia. That’s all well and good, but in the next meeting she tells the strike force that... the church did it!? Are you serious?? Why are you manipulating people who are already on your side, and also your close friends!?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Whatwhatwhatwhat

Crimson Flower spoilers

Hide contents

So TWSITD just used their light nukes to destroy Arianrhod, a strong fort the imperial army had just taken in the Kinngdom, or at least, Hubert and Edelgard tell you outright this is what they believe to be the case, as punishment from them for killing Cornelia. That’s all well and good, but in the next meeting she tells the strike force that... the church did it!? Are you serious?? Why are you manipulating people who are already on your side, and also your close friends!?

Welcome to... war and politics.

IMG_20201223_221636.jpg

Damn, they put Project Ember in FEH haha. Except this time she has a horse.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Whatwhatwhatwhat

Crimson Flower spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

It's a lot easier to pin the blame on your #1 enemy than the secret cult that most in the army don't know about.

Rewatching Edelgard and Dorothea’s A support makes me regain my saltiness about their ending not being explicitly romantic... darn you Japan and your societal views!

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's a lot easier to pin the blame on your #1 enemy than the secret cult that most in the army don't know about.

Spoiler

Just because it’s easier doesn’t mean you should. Besides this is the strike force and no one else, she really should trust them at this point. She told them all about the secret plan to attack Arianrhod and few others.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Rewatching Edelgard and Dorothea’s A support makes me regain my saltiness about their ending not being explicitly romantic... darn you Japan and your societal views!

Hide contents

Just because it’s easier doesn’t mean you should. Besides this is the strike force and no one else, she really should trust them at this point. She told them all about the secret plan to attack Arianrhod and few others.

Spoiler

She is erring on the side of caution. Better to stamp out any lingering doubts over keep warring the Church.

Also, likely not revealing about the Slitherers ahead of time. Best to keep that secret as tight as possible for the time being.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Apparently Dimitri is also known as the Tempest King. Thanks Ingrid.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She is erring on the side of caution. Better to stamp out any lingering doubts over keep warring the Church.

Also, likely not revealing about the Slitherers ahead of time. Best to keep that secret as tight as possible for the time being.

Spoiler

I know I know, it’s just feels like manipulation and rubbed me the wrong way.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, I never said it was right.

I loved the stealth chapter in Path of Radiance, and I wished more chapters like this one would exist. This one isn't executed even badly since the punishment for not doing this is moderate. It would be cool, if the punishment was sending the detected ally to a prison which must be rescued to get it back. An instant Game Over would be a very harsh punishment; only acceptable, if it's a not too complicated stealth mission. Still loving this mission objective.

10 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I mean, he was a literal labrador, which is a breed of dog. So in his case, not really. I did mean "four legged friend" quite literally.

Oh, my bad, I overread it was a dog.

Still sad to lose a close animal friend.

Same with me when I lost tamed catbabies multiple times due to illness.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Stealth just doesn't belong in an SRPG. Not at all, really.

I care to disagree. It was tacked onto PoR, it was tacked onto Rev. It can work in theory, but if you're going to have it, it has to be worked into the game's foundations and core concepts. A one-off chapter in a game that otherwise has no stealth whatsoever isn't the way to do it.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Just finished Tales of the Abyss up! 

All in all, it was okay. 

It is rated highly within the franchise, though I'd say it's partly nostalgia and "historical impact". By which I mean that it was only the second title after Symphonia to make it big in the West, and it was launched initially on the waaaay more popular PS2 while ToS started on the GameCube.