• Replies 176.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I tolerate Revelation because it featured some interesting map mechanic ideas, but unfortunately most them didn't work as they wouldn't in roundbased strategy game in general. The chapter with the doors reminded me on a gameshow from the 90s. However I loved the final map (second best in FE for me) because it reminded me on a boss from Devil Survivor 2.

Tales of the Abyss was my introduction into Tales. Still one of my absolute favorites of this series today.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

are to disagree. It was tacked onto PoR, it was tacked onto Rev. It can work in theory, but if you're going to have it, it has to be worked into the game's foundations and core concepts. A one-off chapter in a game that otherwise has no stealth whatsoever isn't the way to do it

Fair enough. That’s a good point.

For me Tear is the actual protagonist in the game, not only because she introduced me how Tales's battles work.

To be fair I liked Luke at first because of his 180°c change of personality, but some JRPGs later, I just noticed how much of a trope this kind of character is.

That said Abyss also features one of my absolute least favorite videogame characters, Anise.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's not Elincia or Marcia 😛

You're right, because neither Elincia nor Marcia are best girls.

3 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

And early promotion isn't good in Path of Radiance unless someone has maxed multiple stats and in case of Mist for giving her a horse.

I'm well aware promotion automatically happens for most units at Lv.21 but there isn't a single game in this series where i wait until the max level to promote. I just don't feel like waiting that long.

Also maxed stats has never actually mattered outside of Apotheosis and.....that's really it.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm well aware promotion automatically happens for most units at Lv.21 but there isn't a single game in this series where i wait until the max level to promote. I just don't feel like waiting that long.

Also maxed stats has never actually mattered outside of Apotheosis and.....that's really it.

Ah, I see.

I never earlypromote unless someone capped multiple stats or it's a Judgral game.

Enemies in FE9 are weaklings, so I guess, it will work there.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Marianne, of course.

I’m using the Black Eagles, so the game is recognizing me as someone with objectively good taste. So of course not 😛.