• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

At least FE11/12 were merciful in removing ambush spawns on normal.

So the player has the choice between zzz mode and ''You will never see it coming'' mode, eh? xD

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

So the player has the choice between zzz mode and ''You will never see it coming'' mode, eh? xD

To be fair, that's true of almost every FE. WHEN WILL WE SEE ANOTHER FE WITH NO AMBUSHES?!

Ya know, i have another Fates run idea...

''Class switcher''

Basically everyone will get their class switched to the other Nation's equivalant

Pegasi <-> Wyvern

Maid <-> War Priestess

Great Knight <-> Master of Arms

etc.

Could be a fun run

For the love of SRPGs, what brilliant person decided to continue including ambush spawns at all? A "surprise mechanic" opposes the very idea of what SRPGs are supposed to be in the first place. Can't plan for what you don't know is there.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

For the love of SRPGs, what brilliant person decided to continue including ambush spawns at all? A "surprise mechanic" opposes the very idea of what SRPGs are supposed to be in the first place. Can't plan for what you don't know is there.

On the contrary. Strategy is also about planning for the unexpected. Gotta take all variables into account.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its not like Fates was that long ago...

It feels like it was that long ago...

Also, when will we see Berwick fog in FE? Please...someone make it happen.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m a sniper that can kill Byleth but will attack a Caspar at full health instead!

Why did you have to remind me of that time Byleth got Ambush Spawned to death in my maddening run? After seeing Acheron show up and thinking I was doomed only for him to not ambush me?

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I dunno I think they can work but only under specific circumstances. I feel if the game gives you enough warning and ways to stop it. I think it can work just fine. It’s one of the reasons paralogue 10 is one of my favorites in awakening lunatic. The ambush spawns start early but they happen so far away that you can more or less see them coming before anything bad comes of it. It encourages you to play a little more patiently and if you know what you’re doing they won’t be too much of a hindrance.

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its not like Fates was that long ago...

Sadly, people only remember Fates to shit on it, not all the improvements it brought gameplay wise

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the contrary. Strategy is also about planning for the unexpected. Gotta take all variables into account.

Let's do chess with a trick! Enemies can spawn Queens at will and use them at the same turn! Sure is fun to just camp so you don't get queen sniped

3 minutes ago, Christmas Dayni said:

Why did you have to remind me of that time Byleth got Ambush Spawned to death in my maddening run? After seeing Acheron show up and thinking I was doomed only for him to not ambush me?

Ayy same. I sent my 100 avo Byleth forward to bait Acheron ambush only for it to be a normal reinforcement

Now if they made it like that the whole game...

Edited by Father Shrimpas

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Let's do chess with a trick! Enemies can spawn Queens at will and use them at the same turn! Sure is fun to just camp so you don't get queen sniped

Chess isn't an SRPG, though.

Also since chess is strictly PvP for the most part, that means you can also deploy Queens at will.

Woke up early, was still craved some answers to the questions raised on the second Tri day, so despite it being Christmas Eve, I had the time to rush through the entire third day. Some complete answers to some questions, and less dialogue repetition than the prior two days. One of the fights of the day could've been real nasty if I wasn't using NG+ demons, another fight a little tricky were I not so strong. And who at Atlus thought bringing back the "boss who is vulnerable to the attacks of one leader and not even their demon allies" premise was a great idea? I didn't have a Kishin on hand, which would've accelerated the process. The boss wasn't obviously challenging for me, its in-battle attacks were rather weak even so, it was just a little tedious, it took maybe 9 turns of that leader, with Extra Turns almost always. The characters are doing well, a few laughs were had, although yet again theres a lot of stuff I just didn't have time to see. The lore additions so far don't seem terrible when put under a little serious scrutiny, though I will continue to put a partition between Septentrione and Triangulum, because the former's endings were written without the latter's lore additions in mind.

Going to have to skip playing on Xmas in all likelihood, so the fourth (and I think final) day of Triangulum is going to have to wait. Though all I asked for was like two games for Xmas, so I can get back to it on the 26th no problemo. There are still are a few outstanding questions, a few desires, and I'm interested in seeing how things all end up. 

The vs. Triangulum map theme is fairly good too.:

The Triangulum battle theme is slightly out of place in the overall soundtrack, certainly not bad however.:

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Chess isn't an SRPG, though.

Also since chess is strictly PvP for the most part, that means you can also deploy Queens at will.

You missed the point.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You missed the point.

More like deflected a potential fallacy.

Since while comparable, chess and SRPG's aren't the same. You can't apply the same circumstances expecting to be even remotely comparable.

That's why people bring up Apples and Oranges as a saying, even if both are fruit. Yes, both are fruit, but an Apple isn't a Citrus like an Orange is, no?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

v7jq5eE.png

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Since while comparable, chess and SRPG's aren't the same. You can't apply the same circumstances expecting to be even remotely comparable.

No.

Both Chess and SRPG share the core concept of how to deal with situation with the information given, and not how to deal with bullshit surprises