• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Majoras mask is overrated, imo. It doesnt compare to other greats. Just sayin

20190907_003636.jpg

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That doesn't mean I dislike it. It's just that I think it doesn't deserve as much praise as it gets as a series. BotW is one of my favorite games I've played, but it doesn't deserve a perfect score by any means if you ask me.

I'd say it's a bit less praised than it seems. It's often regarded as part of Nintendo's big three but it does feel like there is a big gap between Mario/Pokemon and Zelda.

I'd say though, I think Zelda is probably the purest fantasy adventure video game franchise out there. You could argue the same about Dragon Quest, I suppose, but it's not the same imo.

I had Christmas Eve dinner, no work in the kitchen tonight, it was takeout, Italian to be precise. Couldn't decide exactly what I wanted between pasta, baked pasta, or chicken. I wanted pasta, but couldn't decide on which one exactly, baked pasta is comfort food, but too simple, so I took took a little risk with a chicken dish, basil and roasted red peppers in a cream sauce. T'was delicious. I've a lobster tail for dessert which I shall consume an hour or two from now. Tomorrow is French toast for breakfast, and ham and turkey for dinner, with a chocolate-peanut butter mousse and cream puffs as yet more dessert.

Thankful I should be for the good fortune of living to see another Christmas and let the stomach delight in these fine foods and my other luxuries special and mundane. There are many this year, as in any, but more prominently than in prior ones, who are in dire or worse fatal straits and could not have such a pleasing Eve. I wish all could have my joys, or better. Though I wish I could feel it with more reckoning, I do profess and think on my happy luck. Amen.🙏

In my opinion, Majorca’s Mask is a great game, both as a Zelda and as a plain old game. The story itself is okay tbh, but it’s the characters and their reactions and being able to be shown their lives (usually), conveniently developed through the 3 day system, that really sell it for me.

48 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

>Elise Solo'ing Fox Hell

:elisewink:

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In my opinion, Majorca’s Mask is a great game, both as a Zelda and as a plain old game.

Bolded statement is redundant.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Majora is probably the only good villain in the entire series. Maybe WW Ganon as well.

Honestly, Zelda villains work the same reason Bowser works: they're the bad guy, it's that simple.

So while I would agree WW Ganon is probably the best, it's not like Zelda villains need to be deep or anything.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Bolded statement is redundant.

In the context of lightcosmo saying it doesn’t compare to other greats I would disagree, but I guess it’s no secret that I like Zelda so...

Edit: OHHHH I SAID IT WAS A GREAT GAME OHHHH

This post didn’t happen.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

They don't need to be, but in a fantasy adventure series, it's odd that they're not, IMO.

Eh, I disagree. No genre is required to have deep writing and whatnot.

Maybe the mystery genre but that's more on the side of not being too predictable.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In the context of lightcosmo saying it doesn’t compare to other greats I would disagree, but I guess it’s no secret that I like Zelda so...

See, I get what you're saying, but it kinda leans into "it's a good *thing* but not a good *specific thing*, which is a paradoxical argument. And I know that's not what you said but seeing you describe MM as "a great game, both as a Zelda game and as a plain old game", well you can see what I mean.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

See, I get what you're saying, but it kinda leans into "it's a good *thing* but not a good *specific thing*, which is a paradoxical argument. And I know that's not what you said but seeing you describe MM as "a great game, both as a Zelda game and as a plain old game", well you can see what I mean.

My point was that saying it doesn’t compare to other greats kind of leans into that argument, but now that I think about it, I guess that isn’t necessarily true.