Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

Can't say I saw any problem with it.

Ohohoho...Try playing it on Maddening.

Actually, scratch that, don't. You aren't evil, you don't deserve the pain it will cause.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahah... Nah, you misunderstand. Or you joke and I'm the one who misunderstands. Either way - it's a fake tree.

Guess I did.

Just now, Benice said:

Who the heck thought that Ingrid's paralogue was a good idea? This is one of the worst maps I've ever played...

I am curious what's causing the most consternation. Is it the reinforcements, the terrain or what it pulls near the end?

And as for Maddening, I'd rank this as a lower difficulty paralogue, as someone who's cleared it in maddening ages ago.

Just now, Christmas Dayni said:

I am curious what's causing the most consternation. Is it the reinforcements, the terrain or what it pulls near the end?

All of the above. It's a really long and boring map that makes itself uncheeseable because of the danged ambushes. It's not necessarily hard, it's just REALLY not fun.

1 minute ago, Christmas Dayni said:

And as for Maddening, I'd rank this as a lower difficulty paralogue, as someone who's cleared it in maddening ages ago.

From what I can tell, paralogues are either reasonable, (Sylvain's) require cheese, (Lorenz') or suck. (Ingrid/Dorothea) Also, what do you get from the Raphael/Ignatz paralogue? If I remember correctly, there are green units and I worry that it'll be really tough, so unless it's easy, cheeseable, or has a valuable reward, I intend to skip it.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

From what I can tell, paralogues are either reasonable, (Sylvain's) require cheese, (Lorenz') or suck. (Ingrid/Dorothea) Also, what do you get from the Raphael/Ignatz paralogue? If I remember correctly, there are green units and I worry that it'll be really tough, so unless it's easy, cheeseable, or has a valuable reward, I intend to skip it.

Raphael/Ignatz gives you the Leicester Mercs (Good Crit battalion), Victor (Not great, but it's assembly, gives defences as well as +6 Atk and is C rank) and if you save every merchant a Killer Bow, Short Spear, Short Axe and Extra Large Bullion (Only a Short axe and Bullion otherwise), a trick is to get the wolf distracted and get the other party to move south too to focus on getting the merchants out. Flayn is pretty useful here for Rescue actually, either to get units at the back closer or to move merchants.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Dayni said:

Raphael/Ignatz gives you the Leicester Mercs (Good Crit battalion), Victor (Not great, but it's assembly, gives defences as well as +6 Atk and is C rank) and if you save every merchant a Killer Bow, Short Spear, Short Axe and Extra Large Bullion (Only a Short axe and Bullion otherwise), a trick is to get the wolf distracted and get the other party to move south too to focus on getting the merchants out. Flayn is pretty useful here for Rescue actually, either to get units at the back closer or to move merchants.

Ah, I see! Thanks, I'll have to take a look. I'm probably gonna do Oil and Water next, 'cause IIRC I get the knowledge gem there, and boy do I need it.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ah, I see! Thanks, I'll have to take a look. I'm probably gonna do Oil and Water next, 'cause IIRC I get the knowledge gem there, and boy do I need it.

Actually, it's the experience gem, you get the knowledge gem in the Sothis paralogue. And good luck on clearing it.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I set up the Christmas tree a couple hours ago. I know, kinda late.

We didn’t do one at all this year!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then I ate my very Christmasy dinner of fried eggs and ham.

As long as it was good!

I didn’t get any eggnog because I’m picky with it,  meaning I like only ONE KIND because all the others taste weird and they didn’t have any of that kind.

1 hour ago, Christmas Dayni said:

I might ask if nobody goes for it in the next day or so, only if that's okay with you.

Whoever wants it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Christmas Dayni said:

And hey, I can't say you had a bad Christmas dinner at all, I'd probably have done something else with the egg but some people would do a ham.

“Christmas Ham” (as in like the main part of the meal, not a special type) is a thing where I live and we usually have one every year (including this one), so indeed.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

I got lucky enough to pick up Ring-Fit adventure, Cuphead and a weighted blanket, amongst other things! Spending time with my family is the best part, though.

Someone I'm spending the holidays with got one of those. They tossed it on me for a moment so I could see how it feels. It's... oppressive. Although, I wasn't in the mood for sleeping when they did that to me, maybe I'd like it were I actually wanting to snooze.

And yes, spending the holidays with the ones you love is the best, though it may be fairly ordinary, it's still wonderful.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t get any eggnog because I’m picky with it,  meaning I like only ONE KIND because all the others taste weird and they didn’t have any of that kind.

Reminds me of sugar-coated jelly hearts and Valentine's Day. One store brand that I'm not they make anymore is the lone kind I like, everything else has a weird aftertaste. The good ones on the other hand I have to stop myself from eating too many of at once. They're like as tasty to me as hearts are healthy to Link. And like the hero, I could have up to 20 at once.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me of sugar-coated jelly hearts and Valentine's Day. One store brand that I'm not they make anymore is the lone kind I like, everything else has a weird aftertaste.

This is exactly how I feel for eggnog.. All the other kinds leave this odd flavor.

Edited by Sooks

Question to my American friends: Is American chicken weird, or is it just me?

38 minutes ago, Christmas Dayni said:

Actually, it's the experience gem, you get the knowledge gem in the Sothis paralogue. And good luck on clearing it.

Oh. Well, Paragon ain't exactly a bad thing to get.

And yeah, I was worried about the Sothis one...I mean, my Byleth is MAD speed blessed, (Like, 24 AS on player phase) but one unit is not enough most of the time.

Just now, Armagon said:

Describe American chicken.

It's been a while since I've been down to the US of A, but last time I was there, (Orlando area of Florida) all the chicken we got was kinda...Well, different than what I'm used to. Texture-wise, it felt a little more like canned tuna than chicken. (Not too much like that, but they weren't entirely dissimilar.)

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Question to my American friends: Is American chicken weird, or is it just me?

Is chicken different in other countries?

Edit: Of course I was ninja’d by your explanation, Armagon is the Florida expert, but I’ve never had chicken with texture comparable to that of canned tuna, so I don’t know what you had.

Edited by Sooks

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

It's been a while since I've been down to the US of A, but last time I was there, (Orlando area of Florida) all the chicken we got was kinda...Well, different than what I'm used to. Texture-wise, it felt a little more like canned tuna than chicken. (Not too much like that, but they weren't entirely dissimilar.)

That just means you got a different kind of chicken.

Idk, once you get to the meat of it, all chicken tastes the same to me.

So I decided to boot up Xenoblade X while I wait for Merc Missions in Xenoblade 2 to complete in the background.

IMG_20201225_215040.jpg

It's him. The Tyrant with a name that is 100% impossible to take seriously. And there are some stupid Tyrant names in this game.

Currently huddled under a blanket in a hoodie with socks on and snuggled with my dog with a mini heater on because yesterday it was 73~ degrees Fahrenheit inside due to some internal issue and so they had to do something to temporarily fix it which stopped the heating and THE DAY AFTER was the day that decided to host a cold front and it was 54 degrees inside the next day. It’s snuggly, at least.

My Christmas... sucked. Most families are supposed to come together, mine just ripped apart, literally. Sorry I wasnt around but I wasnt exactly in the "cheery" mood, I apologise to everyone here for that.