Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Why oh why did i spend the last few hours creating an overcomplicated bad meme

That sounds like something I would do.

I’m proud. Now go post it wherever someone would get it!

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

OOF

Well, not really OOF, i had fun building the meme together

not when i realised the hours wasted, but it's weekend anyway and i don't have much to do xD

I just hope some people will like it xD

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Anyway, here is the definitive tier list of Final Fantasy games and if you disagree with my opinion, you are objectively wrong.  /s (kinda)574510337_fftier.png.ed7b0a028cc172bbdaa660ad0feaf2a6.png

Uh, your kinda missing alot of them... XD

Also, sorry but I would swap VII and VIII and move VI down along with V. And of course move XII up.

Edited by lightcosmo

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Uh, your kinda missing alot of them... XD

Only the online games and the 13 trilogy. I finished more games then the average fan.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, sorry but I would swap VII and VIII and move VI down along with V. And of course move XII up.

I can't like VIII and XII. Their structure is very different from the games I like.

Speaking of Nomura, last night I dreamed that Jin from Xenoblade 2 got into Smash as another Marth Echo Fighter. He did have a unique Final Smash though. I think Malos and Waluigi were in his announcement trailer too.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It's funny because this sort of thing does work in books usually. Storytelling in games is obviously different but I think Nomura's problem in KH is that he tries to connect every little thing and explain everything.

The majority of book authors have an agent or editor of some kind to make recommendations, which Kingdom Hearts presumably lacked if we're to take "Nomura wrote everything himself" at face value.

But in my opinion, KH's writing didn't get too outlandish until Nomura got obsessed with his Keyblade War mobile games. Yes, even DDD was fine, the time travel was mainly a way to bring back dead villains so it wasn't too big of an issue. KHIII feels like it was more concerned with setting up the next story arc (the aforementioned mobile games) than finishing the current one, and it needed DLC to fix obvious problems with the plot.

37 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Only the online games and the 13 trilogy.

You also didn't play FF2 by the looks of it.

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of Nomura, last night I dreamed that Jin from Xenoblade 2 got into Smash as another Marth Echo Fighter.

Finally, Ice Marth.

1 hour ago, Maof06 said:

Only the online games and the 13 trilogy. I finished more games then the average fan.

I can't like VIII and XII. Their structure is very different from the games I like.

Huh? You dont have X-2 on there, though. Or Type 0.

Yikes... well I suppose I'll agree to disagree there, haha.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

and it needed DLC to fix obvious problems with the plot.

It didn't fix them, it made them worse!

So, there was enough Militancy in the country to be able to pass Only Landed Vote, aka just the rich. Allowing both voting and political parties, if the country is a dictatorship, then...

ZMVcHsE.png

I'm now just a boring old republic. But wait, there's more! There's still enough militancy left for...

zdhyr1D.png

EEYUP Never quit an Empire!

This is the best way to play. Well, at least in vanilla. Elections to placate the public, freedom to change the party in charge anyway. Doing that ramps up militancy... which makes passing reforms easier. Not that that exploit is viable in HPM. They imposed penalties precisely to discourage abusing that. Ah well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

nJ6nVp8.png

What FRCA? Pft, they made Mexico able to enact the purchase decision, but the text still refers to Central America. Anyway...

Gotta get rid of those British enclaves somehow... *eyes the Miskito coast* That one will take a while for the decision to unlock...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

You also didn't play FF2 by the looks of it.

Oh, I forgot to put it there. It's probably in the same tier as 1 and 3.

55 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Huh? You dont have X-2 on there, though. Or Type 0.

It's only a main series tier list. And FFX doesn't have sequels.

It begins...

dMLJP6Y.png

Dread it. Run from it. Manifest Destiny still arrives.

The bane of my patience with these mods, wanting to make it mandatory to trigger.

MzUhiMp.png

Me and the boys about to stop Yankee Imperialism... or just Expansionism, as it were.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Not having Colombia in the alliance, and the AI being kinda wonky with transport ships, means for all the help in having them in the war means little, as they can't send their forces up. That said, they still contributed in a different way...

s6flX4r.png

Winfield Scott, what are you doing...

The Andean armies were decimated, much territory occupied, and were knocked out the war (no more than a White Peace fortunately). But, with the US sending troops down there...

6o1MHE9.png

*insert witty remark here*

There were still hordes and hordes of Americans up there... fortunately, I lucked out and had a General with like +4 Atk and +3 Def bonuses, so it was a matter of timing well the encounters. And relentlessly chasing them without giving them time to recover.

And lots of save scumming for the RNG rolls during battles. LOTS of save scumming...

Also, had this been happen realistically, there's be slave revolts all over the South as the Mexican soldiers encourage them and let them join in. Guaranteed.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

53 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So, there was enough Militancy in the country to be able to pass Only Landed Vote, aka just the rich. Allowing both voting and political parties, if the country is a dictatorship, then...

ZMVcHsE.png

I'm now just a boring old republic. But wait, there's more! There's still enough militancy left for...

I love how the game is going "aw man, we're losing our dictator points".

rhdUoYm.png

*bonk* No Pacific Coast for you.

Yeah... that is just inviting a Round 2... but I'll be ready! Or not...

q5ijBPy.png

But this at least ensure they can't have free CB's on me... at least...

Peru-Bolivia MVP, making the US send troops down there... for some reason...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

But seriously, I don't know why the US decided to split up its army and go fight my allies, easier to knock out aside, since they were so far away and could barely contribute otherwise. Even after forcing Peru-Bolivia out they were heading over to Brazil instead of returning up north. Well, their loss...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

However, the new problem, @Interdimensional Observer, is that that’s not really gonna work anymore. It is now the Renaissance era and I struggled a lot with the walls of Russia’s city center and encampment. As horsemen are of the classical era, and knights take a million turns and are of the medieval era, I feel the reign of my army of horses is at its end. So, what now? What is a good way to approach the renaissance era in a domination run, and one where the rest of the civs are overseas? Because I’ve just been capturing cities and going about my way, I have like two good cities and a ton of really bad ones. The other leaders I’ve discovered on the new content are Alexander of Macedon and Frederick Barbarossa of Germany, if that matters. I’ve also kinda been neglecting culture...

Do you have Battering Rams or Siege Towers. These are military support units who can share a tile with a combat unit. Battering Rams let you deal normal damage to the walls, Siege Towers let you bypass the walls altogether and hit the city's HP. Put a Battering Ram or Siege Tower directly next to a city and the unit in its tile or adjacent ones can benefit from the support unit.

The alternative for dealing with walls is siege combat units- Catapults/Bombards/Artilleries/Rocket Artilleries. These are ranged units which normally cannot attack and move in the same turn, and they deal normal damage against walled cities. Once a civ has researched Steel, its walls are instantly replaced by Urban Defenses, which will be mentioned if you try to attack it. Battering Rams and Siege Towers won't work on Urban Defenses, you need siege units.

Also, you can upgrade your existing units with Gold, provided you unlocked the next tier in that class line, so Horsemen can upgrade to the Cavalry unit once you research Military Science.

For overseas conquests, the AI tends to be weak on the naval front, but you may want to ship your army over with a few ships protecting them. You could try taking some coastal cities first, Naval Raiders (Privateer/Submarine/Nuclear Submarine) and Naval Ranged (Quadrireme, Frigate, Battleship, Missile Cruiser) units aren't bad at chipping away at coastal cities, which you then take with Naval Melee or a land unit.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SRW T truly shows it was made in contemporary times when the main OG enemy faction is a Corporation, the mooks are salarymen, the final boss is its CEO, and the OG protagonists are also salarymen... XD

I am of the mind that if you've never said "Screw corporate!" once in your life, it means you are corporate.

More seriously, I did a read a snippet about the OCs for that game, some commenters remarked Banpresto was putting more effort into the mobile game stuff than their mainline creations.

4 hours ago, Maof06 said:

You think? I do not believe that the difference is stark to the point of breaking the experience.

On second examination, not as much as I first thought, but there still is some difference. Her cleavage is obvious on a number of iOS side profile sprites, not the case for the 16-bit originals of the classes.

4 hours ago, Maof06 said:

And her design by Amano is superior anyway so...

True, it is one of Amano better ones. The same extreme albinism as Amano usually has, but he is equally brilliant in the wispiness of his artwork. The lack of color in his flesh is counterbalanced by the use of color elsewhere on their persons. It has an antiquated children's storybook quality, done superbly.

54 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Oh, I forgot to put it there. It's probably in the same tier as 1 and 3.

I consider 1-3 as "created the foundations, but too dated and replaced to amount to anything more". The metaphoric fat lady was warming her voice for IV & V, where the franchise began to hit its stride.

In the case of II, first non-crystal plot and "non-silent warriors of light" are in its favor, as is the first Cid, first Chocobo, and the first instance of Ultima. But it is the gameplay black sheep, inspiring that super niche called Saga franchise instead of influencing FF proper, and its attempt at a non-crystal plot and unique characters are so poor. I might say III is worse judging from the DS version, but II is still bad by modern standards. FFI is sorta lucky it's the first, it's more excusable.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

42 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It begins...

dMLJP6Y.png

Dread it. Run from it. Manifest Destiny still arrives.

Not if you take America first.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do you have Battering Rams or Siege Towers. These are military support units who can share a tile with a combat unit. Battering Rams let you deal normal damage to the walls, Siege Towers let you bypass the walls altogether and hit the city's HP. Put a Battering Ram or Siege Tower directly next to a city and the unit in its tile or adjacent ones can benefit from the support unit.

Yes I do. I wanted to use a siege tower to help with Saint Petersburg, but 2 move and I had an army of horses so it didn’t show up in time.

The alternative for dealing with walls is siege combat units- Catapults/Bombards/Artilleries/Rocket Artilleries. These are ranged units which normally cannot attack and move in the same turn, and they deal normal damage against walled cities. Once a civ has researched Steel, its walls are instantly replaced by Urban Defenses, which will be mentioned if you try to attack it. Battering Rams and Siege Towers won't work on Urban Defenses, you need siege units.

When does that happen?

For overseas conquests, the AI tends to be weak on the naval front, but you may want to ship your army over with a few ships protecting them. You could try taking some coastal cities first, Naval Raiders (Privateer/Submarine/Nuclear Submarine) and Naval Ranged (Quadrireme, Frigate, Battleship, Missile Cruiser) units aren't bad at chipping away at coastal cities, which you then take with Naval Melee or a land unit.

Well, that’ll take a while. But whatever works...