Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

He does look like a depressed old man who didn't get his Waifu in the Orbment gacha in that pic lmao

There's a Trails gacha?

Of course there's a Trails gacha.

I feel so sorry for you, Shrimpy... How the mighty have fallen.

Wait, am I misinterpreting something here?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All in all, not a great individual. Personally, I believe that the notoriety he and his games enjoy is vastly undeserved, but well, life isn't fair, we all knew that already.

What are the chances he's burnt out what good will he had?

Maybe not as much as he should have, but I notice he's said nothing much since Detroit: Beyond Human.

(Cue E3 proving me wrong)

3 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

He does look like a depressed old man who didn't get his Waifu in the Orbment gacha in that pic lmao

He asked Kilika out and she shot him down.

For real tho, she looks nice.

IMG_20210529_162408.jpg

Now where's Zin.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

What are the chances he's burnt out what good will he had?

Low, considering Detroit: Become Human was, as far as I know, his biggest success. Which, to be fair, is only natural, considering it's his least terrible story. Or, well, more precisely, one of its three stories is decent, while only two of them are David Cage tier.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's a Trails gacha?

Yeah, there's a Trails gacha. Been around since the Crossbell games iirc (and it kinda limits itself to those two games).

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's a Trails gacha?

Oh yeah Akatsuki

actually has better gameplay than Cold Steel, no joke.

But at the end of the day, it's a gacha

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

😞

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

yes, but at the same time you are on point xD

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The way he treats women in his """"""""games""""""" is really disgusting, he's a pretentious shitbag that thinks he's really deep when he says stuff like "game overs are a failure of the developer" when his glorified movies are barely games at all (he seems to think that's a good thing, somehow), and he can't write a story to save his sorry life, so all of his """""""""""games"""""""""" are filled with plotholes, messages conveyed with the subtlety of Rubenio discussing his distaste for Three Houses and just generally terrible dialogue and direction.

Well, regarding the game over thing, at least that's thinking outside of the box?

Otherwise, oof.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, no. Kaga is capable of making good games. Great games, even! Cage is a failure of a filmmaker that resorted to making glorified movies and calling them games in an attempt to make them seem more appealing to an unfamiliar market that wouldn't be able to tell so easily that his storytelling and directing are complete garbage.

And the worst part is, it worked. Sigh...

What helps him is that he’s virtually unchallenged in the “interactive movie” market, so if you want one, you get Cage’s. I mean, who’s gonna compete, Telltale? Lol.

As far as his inability to tell a story of whatever, I’m only really experienced with Detroit which to me wasn’t complete garbage story wise but had some big issues. I want to get Heavy Rain though, because it seems like an experience lol. Though I already know the main plot twist, which might ruin the effect.

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I don't think I heard a thing about this game before.

Probably because it’s so boring everyone forgot about it.

Well, I’ve heard some noteworthy things about it (that were just mentioned above, actually) but it’s way too boring for me to ever get that far.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This must be that "alignment chart" that they mentioned earlier.

Yeaaaaaah, i don't know about this one chief. Actually having different story paths in Trails seems like it'll derail very quickly.

Plot twist: Trails is actually ending so whatever ending you get for this series is the ending of Trails.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Plot twist: Trails is actually ending so whatever ending you get for this series is the ending of Trails.

Gonna get me the ending that reveals that Gilbert is the true final boss of the series.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He asked Kilika out and she shot him down.

For real tho, she looks nice.

IMG_20210529_162408.jpg

Now where's Zin.

Ey, Kilika coming back. Nice.

Yeah, gotta have Zin if Kilika's there.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Give me an ending where i can nuke Erebonia out of existence and all is forgiven, Falcom.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Low, considering Detroit: Become Human was, as far as I know, his biggest success. Which, to be fair, is only natural, considering it's his least terrible story. Or, well, more precisely, one of its three stories is decent, while only two of them are David Cage tier.

Really? I mean, I know you’re talking about Kara and Markus, and I will eagerly give you Kara, but Markus? I mean it’s far from perfect, but it’s a bit too simple to be called horrendous imo.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, regarding the game over thing, at least that's thinking outside of the box?

In his interactive movie things, with the exception of the boring one because it has one playable character (Beyond Two Souls), when a character dies they are just cut from the story and events they would have effected usually end up worse, and all of their remaining chapters are skipped. But the games still end if all of your characters die, so it really is just a game over with extra steps.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

Give me an ending where i can nuke Erebonia out of existence and all is forgiven, Falcom.

Bonus points, doing it Slim Pickens style.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, there's a Trails gacha. Been around since the Crossbell games iirc (and it kinda limits itself to those two games).

Christ.

10 minutes ago, Teeheemperor said:

Oh yeah Akatsuki

actually has better gameplay than Cold Steel, no joke.

But at the end of the day, it's a gacha

What a sad sentence. Nothing worse than a gacha that's actually kinda good. Becuase then you want to play it, but to do so, you must put yourself to the mercy of abusive business strategies.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

There absolutely are ways to make games without game overs that work really well. The older Wario Land games, for instance.

The problem is that David Cage says it as if he invented the idea, when his games aren't even games to begin with.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What helps him is that he’s virtually unchallenged in the “interactive movie” market, so if you want one, you get Cage’s. I mean, who’s gonna compete, Telltale? Lol.

Yes, this is a big problem. I actually don't believe interactive movies are a bad idea. They just need to be honest about what they are (David Cage's aren't) and they need to be, y'know, good movies (David Cage's aren't).

As far as his inability to tell a story of whatever, I’m only really experienced with Detroit which to me wasn’t complete garbage story wise but had some big issues.

It gets worse. Far worse. Detroit is the only time he came close to writing something that was okay. Heck, I've heard that the best part of Detroit by far, Connor's story, was mainly due to the actors' ad-libbing. Now, this is just a rumor, but it would certainly explain a lot.

I want to get Heavy Rain though, because it seems like an experience lol.

Yes, it's an experience.

A bad one. But an experience.

Though I already know the main plot twist, which might ruin the effect.

The plot twist is virtually impossible to see coming. Mainly because it makes absolutely no fucking sense. I don't recommend it at all, honestly. Grab it on a sale or pirate it so David Cage gets as little unwarranted cash as possible.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Really? I mean, I know you’re talking about Kara and Markus, and I will eagerly give you Kara, but Markus? I mean it’s far from perfect, but it’s a bit too simple to be called horrendous.

That's kinda the problem with Markus's story, yeah. It's an extremely simple, by-the-numbers revolution story with a social critique as subtle as an elephant rampaging through a porcelain store. It has the same energy as big corporate twitter accounts saying trans rights or shit like that. What they're really saying is "look at us, aren't we such a progressive corporation? Hell yeah, we are! Surely such a progressive and good corporation as us deserve your moneys, right? Go on, give us your moneys!"

Also, it's impossible to get a good ending for the overall story if Markus fails, which kinda defeats the whole purpose of branching stories when only one of them truly matters.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In his interactive movie things, with the exception of the boring one because it has one playable character (Beyond Two Souls), when a character dies they are just cut from the story and events they would have effected usually end up worse, and all of their remaining chapters are skipped. But the games still end if all of your characters die, so it really is just a game over with extra steps.

Still, I can applaud being willing to change the status quo, even if...Well, most people consider it to be worse anyways. I always have admired being willing to do something crazy. Plus, puttin' yourself out there to be criticized would be really hard. Like, if I finish my SPRG project, it'd be hard knowing that people'd be complaining about stuff that I can't fix, y'know?

Edited by Benice

rjaing4.png

I said this before, but man, do i love the Spriteworks in these games.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What a sad sentence. Nothing worse than a gacha that's actually kinda good. Becuase then you want to play it, but to do so, you must put yourself to the mercy of abusive business strategies

Yup.

I actually played it for a bit and enjoyed it.

Than i hit the grinding wall which every gacha seems to have, especially if you don't wanna pay money. Then i gave up.

Still, Bonus points for having classic fun gameplay and actual fun Orbmen system, and not CS stuff lol

Edited by Teeheemperor

7 minutes ago, teeheefalchion said:

Yeah, gotta have Zin if Kilika's there.

Zin, Richard (his door in Sky 3rd has yet to mean anything). 

Renne's also likely showing up as Hajimare briefly set up her role in Calvard.

And on the bad guy side, we're probably gonna see Walter again.

Also, it's impossible to get a good ending for the overall story if Markus fails, which kinda defeats the whole purpose of branching stories when only one of them truly matters.

Yeah, the revolution will not be contextualised might be a good way to describe it from what I heard.

Just now, Teeheemperor said:

Still, Bonus points for having classic fun gameplay and actual fun Orbmen system, and not CS stuff lol

So would you rate it higher than CS?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So would you rate it higher than CS?

hard question.

Like, not higher than CS1 because that one is actually decent-ish

But Akatsuki is a gacha and i absolutely despise gacha...

But so do i CS2 to 5...

I definetly rate it's gameplay higher than CS tho

Edited by Teeheemperor

Just now, Dayni said:

Yeah, the revolution will not be contextualised might be a good way to describe it from what I heard.

The worst part is that, if Connor has turned deviant, he can actually take over and become leader in Markus's place... Except SIKE David Cage pulls a deus ex machina out of his ass and decides that Connor was under Cyberlife's control the whole time. In the good ending, with Markus alive and all, he gets the option to break out of it. If Markus is dead, for no reason at all, he can't do it. He can only kill himself or play along and doom the revolution.

Thanks, Dave. Real cool.

Yes, it's an experience.

A bad one. But an experience.

Exactly.

I’m saving it for a rainy day.

The plot twist is virtually impossible to see coming. Mainly because it makes absolutely no fucking sense. I don't recommend it at all, honestly. Grab it on a sale or pirate it so David Cage gets as little unwarranted cash as possible.

I don’t know, seems kind of funny to me.

That's kinda the problem with Markus's story, yeah. It's an extremely simple, by-the-numbers revolution story with a social critique as subtle as an elephant rampaging through a porcelain store.

Yes, but I can’t really call it horrendous because of that. The only thing it fails at is the allegory, and it fails hard, but that’s not integral to the story.

It has the same energy as big corporate twitter accounts saying trans rights or shit like that. What they're really saying is "look at us, aren't we such a progressive corporation? Hell yeah, we are! Surely such a progressive and good corporation as us deserve your moneys, right? Go on, give us your moneys!"

I never interpreted it that way because Cage has like three games and wasn’t “big” until DBH, and even then I’m not sure how “big”. If your platform doesn’t exist, trying to be progressive doesn’t really matter.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Still, I can applaud being willing to change the status quo, even if...Well, most people consider it to be worse anyways. I always have admired being willing to do something crazy.

It’s not really changing the status quo, but otherwise that’s fair.