Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Best title screen, right?

Oh yes, definitely. It’s so happy and cute, everyone really should play this game.

I’m actually surprised you saw the different title screen, though, considering you marathoned the game.

...you're not softlocked, right?

No, losing the battle just sets you outside their HQ, but it’s vanished and everyone is like “Oh Sunny, you and your daydreams again”. But I did come up with a strategy that might actually save me, so I haven given up yet.

Let’s go, it worked!!! Kel’s encourage is OP.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh yes, definitely. It’s so happy and cute, everyone really should play this game.

I’m actually surprised you saw the different title screen, though, considering you marathoned the game.

I didn't. Like most of these extra things, I saw it after the fact.

No, losing the battle just sets you outside their HQ, but it’s vanished and everyone is like “Oh Sunny, you and your daydreams again”. But I did come up with a strategy that might actually save me, so I haven given up yet.

Ahh, okay.

...sheesh, at the border of the abyss and you're off fighting the secret joke boss. Classic Sooks!

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't. Like most of these extra things, I saw it after the fact.

I recommend catching the scene with Aubrey and Sunny on the swings, if you haven’t already. It’s good.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, okay.

...sheesh, at the border of the abyss and you're off fighting the secret joke boss. Classic Sooks!

Hahaha, see this joke is funny so I will let it slide.

I don’t know if you caught my edit, but I won. I even got an achievement for it.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I recommend catching the scene with Aubrey and Sunny on the swings, if you haven’t already. It’s good.

I have seen it, yes. It's pretty nice.

Hahaha, see this joke is funny so I will let it slide.

Of course. All of my jokes are great.

I don’t know if you caught my edit, but I won. I even got an achievement for it.

Not too bad! Congrats.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Except for the part in Civil War where Tony Stark asks Peter about why he's Spider-Man and Peter basically summarizes the events in a few short sentences. Even if he didn't directly mention Uncle Ben there, it's very clear as to what he's talking about. He also brings it up again in Homecoming.

Man, it feels like a lot of MCU Spidey's detractors just completely forget he was in Civil War first. "Oh he doesn't mention Uncle Ben" he does, just not directly. "Oh he doesn't make his own suit" he did, it just looks like shit because he's poor and him being good at making things can only get him as far as the materials he has. "Tony Stark replaced Uncle Ben" Peter was Spider-Man for six months before he even met Tony, also you can have more than one mentor.

It's not about how many times Uncle Ben is brought up, it's about how much his presence is felt. See the Spectacular Spider-Man for example.

Spider-Verse May and PS4 May

While Spider-verse May knew, we never saw her discovering his secret identidy, her reservations about the matter, how she reacted when she found out (if she accepted at first, if she resisted and had to be convinced, etc.). Also, Spider-Verse is not about that Peter.

PS4 May only found out a little before she died.

Except for the part where Mysterio doxxes him and now Peter's life is socially and legally fucked. "Oh but it might get undone" consequences don't have to be permanent to affect someone.

Consequences must have a lasting impact for them to be felt. Imagine if Gwen was revived in a TASM3 - it would take the full impact of her death on both viewers and Peter.

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhh I know you don't like the MCU Spidey movies but i thought you would've at least said Spider-Man 2 is the best Spidey movie. I mean, there's no such thing as objectivity in the arts and all but bruhhhhh, saying TSAM2 is the best movie, i can't believe this.

Acting, cinematography, soundtrack, etc. The script might have problems, but it's the most faithful portrayal of Spidey. It's not perfect, yes, but it's the best we got.

10 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

The Amazing movies get ragged on too much. Garfield’s Spider-Man is easily the best of the three, though I lean towards saying Maguire’s Peter is better, even if by only a little.

They were released at the wrong time. It was too early for a reboot, and Raimi fans wanted SM4, so they hated it. And MCU fans wanted to see Spidey interact with the other heroes, so they hated it too. But luckily people are re-examining the movies and realizing their value. They are Pokémon Gen V of the Spider-Man movies.

Alright, I’ve knocked out all the side content that I can for the morning/early afternoon section of this day. I’ll take a break and have some food, and hopefully maybe possibly do some homework. Maybe. But after that I might finish the game, depending on how much is left.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Alright, I’ve knocked out all the side content that I can for the morning/early afternoon section of this day. I’ll take a break and have some food, and hopefully maybe possibly do some homework. Maybe. But after that I might finish the game, depending on how much is left.

Well, I'd say... Something over an hour, roughly. I think.

Did Chapter 9, recruited Haitaka. Couple things:

1. Hana has more Strength than Speed. Concerning.
2. Tsubaki is the goddamn champ of this run so far, holy smokes.
3. Reclassed Hinata to an Oni Savage. Bulk and Axe user! Surprisingly effective.
4. Sakura and Jakob giving -5 damage reduction to Corrin when they're within two spaces of her is broken.
5. Mozu still sucks.

11 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Did Chapter 9, recruited Haitaka. Couple things:

How does Oboro measure up against Haitaka when they exist together?

11 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

1. Hana has more Strength than Speed. Concerning.
2. Tsubaki is the goddamn champ of this run so far, holy smokes.
3. Reclassed Hinata to an Oni Savage. Bulk and Axe user! Surprisingly effective.
4. Sakura and Jakob giving -5 damage reduction to Corrin when they're within two spaces of her is broken.
5. Mozu still sucks.

Unrelated, but I had to Google who Tsubaki is because Subaki was so unmemorable that adding a letter to his name made him completely unrecognizable to me. Huh.

Glad these dudes are working out for ya, at any rate.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How does Oboro measure up against Haitaka when they exist together?

Unrelated, but I had to Google who Tsubaki is because Subaki was so unmemorable that adding a letter to his name made him completely unrecognizable to me. Huh.

Glad these dudes are working out for ya, at any rate.

6.png
7.png

You tell me.

Edited by DodgeDusk

I just realized the bigger problem with the Berwick challenge I came up with. If I want to use every unit available at least once every chapter, that means I need to hire everyone every single chapter. That means my wallet is going to eat the Clifford wage every month.

Oof... I don't think Reese's room is going to look very fabulous this time around...

Just now, DodgeDusk said:

6.png
7.png

You tell me.

She's... she's got one more point of defense and res. And way better luck! Everyone knows luck is the best stat.

Well okay, to her credit, her personal's probably still okay in this campaign. Worse, since Nohrian enemies are a lot less common, but there's still a few chapters with plenty of Nohrians for her to skewer. But then, Rally Defense's utility cannot be understated, so...

Yeah, Haitaka is better. Oof... the poor girl. Can't even leave it up to her growths to surpass him, because they're all worse except luck, magic and defense. She's lucky she usually exists in the route where he doesn't...

Alright, food eaten and homework assignment that I wanted to complete completed. It’s Omori time. Will I get a fantastic ending (if there are any) or a horrible one? I might find out in like an hour, maybe.

13 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

God, Pokémon Diamond sucks so much

What possible reason could you have to play it when Platinum exists?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She's... she's got one more point of defense and res. And way better luck! Everyone knows luck is the best stat.

Well okay, to her credit, her personal's probably still okay in this campaign. Worse, since Nohrian enemies are a lot less common, but there's still a few chapters with plenty of Nohrians for her to skewer. But then, Rally Defense's utility cannot be understated, so...

Yeah, Haitaka is better. Oof... the poor girl. Can't even leave it up to her growths to surpass him, because they're all worse except luck, magic and defense. She's lucky she usually exists in the route where he doesn't...

Here's an album showcasing all my current units.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Where exactly did you stop, if I may ask?

Spoiler

Right before taking everyone to Sunny’s house to look at the treehouse, after Basil’s caretaker said he went to the hospital because his grandma was in the ICU.

And it’s the last day he’ll have to spend with all of his old friends. Basil really can’t catch a break, in real life or in dreamland.

Edited by Sooks

Good boy Axel robbed a battle saw from one of chapter 1-1's pirates. I didn't even remember there were battle saws here. Now that's a great RNG roll, this weapon is amazing.

4 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

I like how you included base Haitaka. He may be unchanged, but that won't remain so for long. Here's hoping your Haitaka turns out half as well as mine tend to do.

Also, that's a pretty Corrin. I don't like it. I like my Corrins best when they look dumb.

Also also, that's supposed to be the better Niles? Psch. 8 speed, for goodness's sake. How terrible was capturing Haitaka with her?

Hide contents

Right before taking everyone to Sunny’s house to look at the treehouse, after Basil’s caretaker said he went to the hospital because his grandma was in the ICU.

Spoiler

You're a bit further back than I thought, but that's okay. I hope my estimated time isn't too far off!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Good old title screen, as cheery as last time.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

You're a bit further back than I thought, but that's okay. I hope my estimated time isn't too far off!

Eh, I’ll finish the game eventually.

Spoiler

No game, no! I want to know what Aubrey was gonna say to Sunny! Don’t have them be interrupted and have her go nevermind, he’s moving away!

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also also, that's supposed to be the better Niles? Psch. 8 speed, for goodness's sake. How terrible was capturing Haitaka with her?

Awful. 48% chance to hit with her most accurate tome, and she died in one hit without external skills/pair-up.

If I can, I'll kill, uh, Leo with him. Endgame Leo.