Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I really wish I knew why Awakening has more graphical issues than Fates. I know the engines are slightly different, but... why the hell does the texture filter cause issues with Awakening but not Fates? It makes no sense...

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

I don't really prefer to make a distinction between the two. If it's good, it's good, in my opinion.

I'm irritatingly neutral, I know.

You irritate me.

Yeah fair enough.

43 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Because Awakening is kino.

Uhhhh... So, would you rather I give you the answer you'd like to hear, or the truth?

55 minutes ago, Benice said:

NOOOOOOOOOO

Hey now, it's possible technically!

Well... if I caan beat 7 without deaths...

Which you did, let's not forget. I was there, you know. I saw it happen. It definitely happened.

I believe it's after the third fight with you-know-who.

Ahhhh.

No, I only made it to the second one, I'm afraid.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Then again, the shortage of supply likely means the latest consoles are scalped to astronomical levels, I haven't cared to look.

PS5 isn't worth getting until Spider-Man 2 in 2023 anyways.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, sure, every FE is good (except Heroes because that one is morally bankrupt), but... Is it a good FE? That's an entirely different question, isn't it now. Even if it is composed of the same words. The devil is in the detail, as they say.

Ah yes, actually my least favorite argument.

"It's a good __ but not a good *specific _*" is a very surefire way to invalidate your entire argument imo.

Anyways i did say i was gonna play Arise when i got back from work but i'm actually kinda tired so imma nap. Then i'll arise and play the game hahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahhaaha.

I don’t think no pair-up could change the fact that Awakening is fundamentally a poorly designed game, personally.

Btw @Saint Rubenio I will start the finale of Omori after I have a snack. I miiight have to stop at some point just for a little bit and maybe do the rest tomorrow, but I don’t want to wait so unless you think it makes an absolutely massive difference to not experience it all at one time… it should work out for you anyway cause I think your time zone is a bit later than mine.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"It's a good __ but not a good *specific _*" is a very surefire way to invalidate your entire argument imo.

Weeeell if the person has a specific opinion on the specific category (mainly that specific category is just all around good), then saying it is not a good specific category isn’t saying it’s actually bad, just that they prefer other items in the specific category by quite a bit.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well... I just feel if a FE is less good (according to my own standards, of course), then even if it's still a good game it's less worth putting time into it over other FEs that suit my preferences for FE better. Time being a limited resource and all.

But I suppose it's my mistake for not clarifying that I wasn't trying to argue "Awakening bad" from the sacred precepts of objectivity. Look, forgive me, going through the same "in my humble opinion that is not objective and is instead subjective I personally feel that my outlook on this matter, which doesn't necessarily have to align with the outlooks of other people, is" song and dance every two sentences gets a bit tiresome.

...Ahhh, who cares. Let's just make fun of Ruben for something lewd and be on our way. I'm a little tired to get into arguments with people over my controversial opinions right now.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t think no pair-up could change the fact that Awakening is fundamentally a poorly designed game, personally.

I was going to go for it, but the graphical issues are annoying me...

Btw @Saint Rubenio I will start the finale of Omori after I have a snack. I miiight have to stop at some point just for a little bit and maybe do the rest tomorrow, but I don’t want to wait so unless you think it makes an absolutely massive difference to not experience it all at one time… it should work out for you anyway cause I think your time zone is a bit later than mine.

Yeah, that's all right. Do keep me informed!

Weeeell if the person has a specific opinion on the specific category (mainly that specific category is just all around good), then saying it is not a good specific category isn’t saying it’s actually bad, just that they prefer other items in the specific category by quite a bit.

Yes! Yes, goddamnit, yes! Thank you, Sooks, thank you! This is exactly what I was trying to say, damnit! I am just exceedingly inept at explaining myself.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

As of today, it's been 20 years since Advance Wars released, in North America (oddly the first region to get it). Famicom Wars is over a decade older than that, but spreading the franchise to the West was an important move. We're still two years away from Fire Emblem's equivalent with FE7 in North America. Although Fire Emblem Melee is Dec 3rd 2001 for NA, so maybe that should be considered as the 20th anniversary for Western FE.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well, maybe not invalidate the entire argument. More, "use more words"?

Example 1:

• "Breath of the Wild is a good open-world adventure game, under the Zelda brand."
  • "But, I do not want Zelda to become open-world from here on out. I prefer Zelda to play differently."
  • "Thus, I dislike Breath of the Wild."

Example 2:

• "Mario Kart 8 is a good kart-racing game, under the Mario brand."
  • "But, I do not like kart racers. I prefer Mario as a 2D platformer."
  • "Thus, I am disinterested in Mario Kart 8."

The point to this second example is something where I'd think you'd agree the "Good X, but not Good Y" argument would make sense. The difference, is that BotW is still in the same genre as older Zeldas, while Mario Kart is a wholly separate genre. Furthermore, Mario Kart will never replace Mario platforming 2D or 3D, whereas some Zelda fans are concerned about the future of the old style.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Example 2:

• "Mario Kart 8 is a good kart-racing game, under the Zelda brand."
  • "But, I do not like kart racers. I prefer Mario as a 2D platformer."
  • "Thus, I am disinterested in Mario Kart 8."

Just a note, you made a typo there and it had me scratching my head for a few moments haha. But yes, this is basically it. Like when I say "anime bad", I really could stand to be a bit more thorough when I'm about to anger someone with my bad opinions.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhhh.

No, I only made it to the second one, I'm afraid.

F. 

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey now, it's possible technically!

To quote Lot: "Not likely!"

Compared to my lone prior experience of Samurai Warriors Chronicles, SW5 seems to be dabbling more in the historical trappings. Still plenty of modern idealism of peace and protecting family, still some popularly entertainment mannerisms. But, the game acknowledges marriage alliances, it acknowledges the weakness of the Shogunate, and the desire of warlords to nonetheless control it. It could go a lot further into the weeds of feudal politics, yet I appreciate what it does. The opening admitting "the unrecorded suffering of the masses" is a good line I'm paraphrasing, since ultimately Sengoku and like eras of civil warring weighs heaviest on those without power, even if those who have it die most dramatically.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just a note, you made a typo there and it had me scratching my head for a few moments haha.

Thats what happens when you copy-paste the same three bullets and then edit the wording.😅

Okay, now I’m ready for the finale.

Though this pfp is subject to change, all of Kel’s expressions are good, I was trying to choose between like 5 (2 in the end).

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, that's all right. Do keep me informed!

Will do, especially if it’s as good as you say it is.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was going to go for it, but the graphical issues are annoying me...

Then play… uuuuhhhhh… I actually don’t have anything to shill. I mean, you didn’t like Trails, and that’s what comes to mind.

Play something good, how’s that?

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I do have that effect on people.

It's all part of me being a petty asshole.

852210402540650546.png?v=1

You shouldn’t say that about yourself, especially when it’s not true like in this case.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Compared to my lone prior experience of Samurai Warriors Chronicles, SW5 seems to be dabbling more in the historical trappings. Still plenty of modern idealism of peace and protecting family, still some popularly entertainment mannerisms. But, the game acknowledges marriage alliances, it acknowledges the weakness of the Shogunate, and the desire of warlords to nonetheless control it. It could go a lot further into the weeds of feudal politics, yet I appreciate what it does. The opening admitting "the unrecorded suffering of the masses" is a good line I'm paraphrasing, since ultimately Sengoku and like eras of civil warring weighs heaviest on those without power, even if those who have it die most dramatically.

SW has definitely veered into that direction for quite a while. I'm pretty sure 3 was the last they did alternate history esque scenarios and endings. At least as part of the actual main story campaigns. They've also been more historically correct. I remember how in 3 they still had Muneshige fighting with the defenders at Osaka, when historically and in future SW games starting with the first Chronicles I believe, he had now sided with the Shogunate.

Spoiler

Ruben, I went back to White Space because the game let me and used the stab command again, and barely anything happened again. The black thing I’ve been seeing all game was visible on the door when looking in the mirror and there was a door downstairs that wasn’t there before, and when I tried to open it Sunny was pulled through by something and then the game cut to him standing there and the door was gone. That was it.

20 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I do have that effect on people.

It's all part of me being a petty asshole.

852210402540650546.png?v=1

Now this though.

This is what we call a wrong opinion.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

To quote Lot: "Not likely!"

They said Lot was not likely to amount to anything.

Then he saved my LP.

Never say never, my friend.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay, now I’m ready for the finale.

Though this pfp is subject to change, all of Kel’s expressions are good, I was trying to choose between like 5 (2 in the end).

Any Kel is Kel, and Kel is good.

Then play… uuuuhhhhh… I actually don’t have anything to shill. I mean, you didn’t like Trails, and that’s what comes to mind.

Hah!

Play something good, how’s that?

You know what? Been a while since I last played Berwick Saga, actually. I started a... "run" at one point, but I remember I was just bored while I waited for another game. Don't remember what it was anymore, but when I got to play that one I dropped the run.

Sure, why not. I don't really have anything much else to do, and now it's been a few months since the last run. Might as well go for the ol' reliable. After five runs I've kinda seen everything, but I'm sure I can figure something out.

Just now, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Ruben, I went back to White Space because the game let me and used the stab command again, and barely anything happened again. The black thing I’ve been seeing all game was visible on the door when looking in the mirror and there was a door downstairs that wasn’t there before, and when I tried to open it Sunny was pulled through by something and then the game cut to him standing there and the door was gone. That was it.

Spoiler

Ahhhhhhh

Yes. That.

I got that way earlier in the game.

It was quite pleasant.

Spoiler

@Saint Rubenio what specifically triggers the scene you want me to see at the end? I know it has to do with Basil’s flowers, but is it having them all watered at a certain point or having watered them a certain amount of times or what? I’m afraid I won’t get it.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Any Kel is Kel, and Kel is good.

But surprised Kel and big smile Kel are both profile pictures I want to use.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ahhhhhhh

Yes. That.

I got that way earlier in the game.

It was quite pleasant.

But that was barely scary at all.

Hide contents

@Saint Rubenio what specifically triggers the scene you want me to see at the end? I know it has to do with Basil’s flowers, but is it having them all watered at a certain point or having watered them a certain amount of times or what? I’m afraid I won’t get it.

Spoiler

I believe three times's the charm.

But surprised Kel and big smile Kel are both profile pictures I want to use.

Ahh, decisions. The bane of mankind.

But that was barely scary at all.

It caught me off guard, okay? I don't recall it being a crime to be a scaredy cat.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I believe three times's the charm.

I thiiiink I did that many? Does the first time when the game tells you to count? Because if so then definitely, but I may have maybe done 2… I don’t know.

It caught me off guard, okay? I don't recall it being a crime to be a scaredy cat.

Well it makes since if you did it earlier in the game, but I’ve walked around that house several times so I knew that door definitely didn’t belong.

Edited by Sooks

See, I could progress the story, or I could grind thousands of clams for the artist Rococo who I completely forgot about.

I’m actually not sure I really want to do that, though. I’m close to this milestone, but after that…

38 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Acacia, how many times are you gonna change your pfp?

Let's see. Time I expect to still be here on Serenes, times the number of pictures I'd want to show, divided by the average timespan it takes for me to change it...

Yes.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Let's see. Time I expect to still be here on Serenes, times the number of pictures I'd want to show, divided by the average timespan it takes for me to change it...

Yes.

Math. But I meant in a short timeframe.