Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

To be fair, I got the game the day it came out so it took me a month and a half to get to where I am now. Until recently I was alternating between it and another game because I didn't want to finish it too quickly, but I knew G2-3 is an important case so I went through it faster. 

It's certainly being a really good case so far. And you can tell that they really begin to kick things into gear here with the big overarching reveals and stuff. And we still got two more cases after this... Hoo, boy.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The second half of G2-3 is probably the hardest part of the game up to that point, so keep that in mind.

Oh, dear. I better rack my brains. It wouldn't do to ask for your help again, or I might be forced to say something nice about Xenoblade designs again. Now that'd be a terrifying prospect...

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

18 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ah yes, everyone remembers the first time they played The End of Tornagelion.

"Happy" anniversary!

Hahaha.........pain

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, dear. I better rack my brains. It wouldn't do to ask for your help again, or I might be forced to say something nice about Xenoblade designs again. Now that'd be a terrifying prospect...

I hope that case is super extra hard that you have no choice but to reach out for help.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

How so?

I posted music.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Story and Cast didn't catch me yet like Berseria did at all

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I'll say this tho, for as bad as Berseria's villains were, at least they were a recurring threat. Arise's villains just exist to die.

I can't wait until the oldies start saying the story and the cast suck and turn against the newbies who discovered the franchise through Arise. Always happens.

7 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I can't wait until the oldies start saying the story and the cast suck and turn against the newbies who discovered the franchise through Arise. Always happens.

Oh yeah probably. Especially since Arise has already outsold like every other Tales game on Steam iirc.

Although i can understandably get folks who like LMBS and don't like how the series is ditching it for more traditonal ARPG combat.

......not me tho, LMBS sucks and i'm glad to see it go

tenor_1.gif

Certainly didn't minded it either. I liked it even. Not just in Tales but also in the third Star Ocean game, since it also employs something similar to LMBS.

I beat chapter 1 of Sky 3rd, meaning I beat the first chapter boss. The boss was actually not horrible, nosferatu-but-it-heals-the-boss-way-too-much returning sucked, especially since I don’t have earth wall and Greil Sphere isn’t anywhere near as spammable, but it seemed to have lost the attack after its first phase and it wasn’t that hard to mitigate when I got rid of the minions. Other than that it was actually kinda good.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

......not me tho, LMBS sucks and i'm glad to see it go

exactly

37 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

anybody else have a rough time with the sewer slime boss?

If you leave one minion alive he won't summon all 5 again

Also, use Mage-chan's Arte absorb/cancel wisely

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Damn these bosses are getting hard

I wipe at least once if not more every time a new one comes along

Not that difficulty's a bad thing, of course

Honestly I'm in the late game and at this point I have accepted that I do not like the bosses lol.

Tbf, I didn't like the bosses in Berseria either. This series seemingly has a DPS check problem.

I've permeantly set the difficulty to easy mode. But that's fine because job and all.

Erm… I don’t know if I was supposed to take that flashback seriously but Rufina did not make a good first impression at all. Just like her sister. Like, why on Earth would she think that was a good idea?

Edited by Sooks

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf, I didn't like the bosses in Berseria either. This series seemingly has a DPS check problem.

That hasn't so much been a problem for me. It's been running out of items that's been the bigger issue. The 15 cap per item limit has always put me on edge as to whether a boss will deplete all my revivals, and the resurrection spell has always taken too long to be useful to me.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've permeantly set the difficulty to easy mode. But that's fine because job and all.

The side effects of growing up, when challenge and or optional content gets sidelined because you don't have the time anymore.😕

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

E_NZ6HpXEAIlzc5?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Funny Namco, also i just realized there's supposed to be 23 of these references, i ain't finding them all.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Erm… I don’t know if I was supposed to take that flashback seriously but Rufina did not make a good first impression at all. Just like her sister. Like, why on Earth would she think that was a good idea?

That is actually a thing that one would do in real life........assuming they're like, stranded in the wild and it's an emergency. At least iirc.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That hasn't so much been a problem for me.

Maybe i'm just bad but compared to other ARPGs or heck, other action games in general, i never quite have this problem that i do in Tales.

Though it still doesn't reach Ys 7 levels of bad.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The 15 cap per item limit has always put me on edge as to whether a boss will deplete all my revivals, and the resurrection spell has always taken too long to be useful to me.

Oh you don't have to worry about that in Arise......because the economy sucks shit and buying things is actually a pain. I've never actually hit the item caps in anything because things are just too expensive.

Thankfully, healing spells of are kind are much better here. The AI is pretty good at it and if you don't want to waste CP, you can still use items to revive yourself. I bring that part up because in Berseria, if the character you were controlling dies and you wanted to revive them with a Life Bottle, you'd have to switch over to someone else and then revive them. Arise just skips that part and lets you use items even if the character you are controlling is dead. The item cooldown also isn't as long.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That is actually a thing that one would do in real life........assuming they're like, stranded in the wild and it's an emergency. At least iirc.

I mean, I get wanting to force feed the kid you’ve come across that you think is starving but won’t eat, I guess, but she could’ve just shoved the chocolate in his mouth with her hand instead of… that. It was totally unnecessary.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I get wanting to force feed the kid you’ve come across that you think is starving but won’t eat, I guess, but she could’ve just shoved the chocolate in his mouth with her hand instead of… that. It was totally unnecessary.

It definitely is a bit weird but honestly i'm completely unfazed when it comes to le funny anime moments.