Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bravely Default II has a card minigame, and it hides a class behind it. Please be merciful, I don't have the patience to learn a card game in the middle of an RPG (unless the cards are part of the standard combat system). I want that class, without pain. 

Gotta put in Triple Triad version whatever somehow.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

makes you realize you've been taking the Blazing Sword for granted this whole time.

Spoiler

I missed Shionne's healing more xD

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Valter

Spoiler

Valteroth

Everyone's celebrating this but i just wish the Pro Controller had built-in headphone jack.

Because in this i am a purist: wired headphones >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wireless headphones.

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

bromance is as far I like it to go.

Honestly same.

People can ship what they want, i just don't think Malos and Jin's relationship went that far.

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I missed Shionne's healing more xD

Spoiler

That also. Dohalim sufficed but he ain't as good cause he doesn't have his AoE (or at the very least i didn't unlock it yet).

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I see this being the case. I've seen fights where I'm willing to learn the flow of the battle and attentively respond to it, but not put up with how durable/brutalizing the boss i

Definitely. I don't really play RPGs for the difficulty anyway, so it's no big deal ultimately, I suppose.

------------

Thoughts on Arise so far:

I'm really enjoying the overall experience. I think the pacing is notably excellent. Nothing overstays its welcome, and you're not roaming any one area for too long.

The story is nothing special, but I can't say I've ever played an RPG where the plot itself is actually that amazing (though I do appreciate the whole racial conflict; that part feels like it's been handled well so far, like it's actually significant in more ways than one). The character interactions are charmingly corny and likable. Alphen and Shionne especially play off each other very well. I like them both a lot, and am glad to see them get equal time in the spotlight. I haven't seen enough of the new party members yet to really say much beyond the fact that I like them as well. Other characters are pretty good too.

Gameplay-wise, I really only have a couple gripes, and even those are pretty mild. The combat is great. Flows well, has variety, and feels engaging. No complaints there. I do have an issue with how it feels like I'm underleveled despite fighting most of the enemies thrown my way when going from location to location. I'll be eating through regular enemies with relative ease, then I run into a boss that's a level or two above me and I get wrecked. That might just be a "me" issue, but it seems a bit odd regardless. Money is too scarce, IMO. I feel like I have to sell my crap or scrape together gald just to decide between items or upgrades.

Beyond that, the presentation is fantastic. The new visual style is gorgeous, and the music is also very good. Voice acting is overall solid enough, though Law's voice is a bit grating (I think that's just the vocal direction, b/c I usually like Bryce Papenbrook's voice work, like in Rune Factory 4). In-battle lines are fun and goofy as hell.

Part of me does miss the skit portraits. Those were very expressive despite being 2D images. The new skits (which I'm used to already due to how similar they are to how the bond episodes were handled in Scarlet Nexus) are good too. I also wish there was the after-battle posing and quips. Yeah, you have the mid-battle commentary, but I always enjoyed the after-battle jokes/etc. that the party would throw out after a fight in Abyss. They were the best kind of dumb fun.

Text wall aside, issa gud one (so far anyway).

I hope it stays good and keeps getting better as I go along. I also hope I don't need to drop the difficulty again just to get through a fight. >_>

Edited by twilitfalchion

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

and the music is also very good.

Enjoy it while it last. 

This is the first Tales game in a long, long while where the soundtrack is consistently good.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Enjoy it while it last. 

This is the first Tales game in a long, long while where the soundtrack is consistently good.

Well heck.

I know Abyss's soundtrack was great. Shame to hear it's been hit or miss in between.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well heck.

I know Abyss's soundtrack was great. Shame to hear it's been hit or miss in between.

Abyss was at least during Tales' younger years so maybe that's why.

Basically the main issue with Tales OSTs is that Namco wants Sakuraba to do a specific style and it was fine early on but you could feel the burnout eventually.

I've always said Tales holds Sakuraba back but thankfully that is not the case at all in Arise.

35 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I do have an issue with how it feels like I'm underleveled despite fighting most of the enemies thrown my way when going from location to location. I'll be eating through regular enemies with relative ease, then I run into a boss that's a level or two above me and I get wrecked. That might just be a "me" issue, but it seems a bit odd regardless.

This seems to be a system Tales of games adopted after Yuri from Vesperia (non DE version) could beat bosses senseless until the battle was won. After Vesperia, they added annoying systems like enemy counters on resisting attack types or annoying "auto shields" that they have to simply beat through your onslaught not to mention the free combo breaking. 

Short version, Yuri broke the game so badly they needed a new system. Thats my take, anyways.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Abyss was at least during Tales' younger years so maybe that's why.

Basically the main issue with Tales OSTs is that Namco wants Sakuraba to do a specific style and it was fine early on but you could feel the burnout eventually.

I've always said Tales holds Sakuraba back but thankfully that is not the case at all in Arise.

Huh, interesting.

Glad that the music was given plenty of care and attention in Arise.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This seems to be a system Tales of games adopted after Yuri from Vesperia (non DE version) could beat bosses senseless until the battle was won. After Vesperia, they added annoying systems like enemy counters on resisting attack types or annoying "auto shields" that they have to simply beat through your onslaught not to mention the free combo breaking. 

Short version, Yuri broke the game so badly they needed a new system. Thats my take, anyways.

Interesting.

I take it Vesperia DE re-balanced the game/characters?

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So they change the entire system rather than simply not make a repeat of Yuri.

Sounds legit.

I truly and honestly believe they broke Yuri so badly (DPS, lockdowns, speed, range, arte flexibility, the system that powers up artes the more the player uses them, etc) all this makes Yuri deal... A shitton of damage.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Interesting.

I take it Vesperia DE re-balanced the game/characters?

They actually gave the enemies the whole " im being comboed? Free arte combo breaker time" which fixes the issue (Yuri cant lockdown enemies anymore, but he can one-shot them with Savage Wolf Fury.)

Edit: Rita is also guilty of being game breaking in the original. Not as much in DE.

Edited by lightcosmo

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

They actually gave the enemies the whole " im being comboed? Free arte combo breaker time" which fixes the issue (Yuri cant lockdown enemies anymore, but he can one-shot them with Savage Wolf Fury.)

Edit: Rita is also guilty of being game breaking in the original. Not as much in DE.

Glad they at least tried to fix it somewhat. Feeling powerful is one thing, but being an unstoppable god? Nah.

Other amazing things about Yuri:

he can give all allies level 3 OVL for a cost of only 2 OVL. This is broken beyond on so many levels, haha. 

His combination 3 skill is gamebreaking. It makes his mystic arte deal a few hundred million when done right. And its not that hard to do. This one is endgam/NG+ only though.

You can literally loop using his mystic arte if you manage to nail 28 hits in a combo (his mystic arte alone can pretty much do this with hit plus equipped)

Second highest moving speed to Repede. Not a huge deal, buy noticable when trying to support your magic users I guess.

Edited by lightcosmo

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Glad they at least tried to fix it somewhat. Feeling powerful is one thing, but being an unstoppable god? Nah.

I would say the only "weakness" he has Is that its very easy to get reckless playing as him, haha. With that much power? Hunger comes with it, lmao. 

Well that and his defence overall is bad, but I suppose thats on the player. If you hardly get hit, that doesnt matter really.

This is exactly what I mean, by the way. And thats just a small portion of what he can do.

Edit: to be fair, this is with a lot of careful planning and whatnot, but by that time, the battle should be over anyways.

Edited by lightcosmo