Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

30 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

PC port when

59f.gif

I'm glad there's quite a few exclusives/games my PC is too weak to run to justify my purchase of a PS4 but for those who don't want to buy a whole console for one game, they should get that PC port.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

“Something about your surname always bothered me. I guess I couldn’t remember the mayor’s name. Geez. And I call myself a detective.”

Funniest anime trope is noticing a character has a clear relation to someone else and going "hmmm, i wonder what that reminds me of".

Never forget everyone forgetting what Azura looked like.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The obsession with K-pop, for a start.

I don’t know, isn’t that kind of a stretch? It could be something about South Korea, I guess, but even then that’s only one fandom. Plus there are plenty of other explanations, like hot people and… hot people. 

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Because it’s completely broken.

The caster was Kevin with the highest available action quartz (usually).

I guess? I dunno, i feel like its not AMAZING in the 3rd, as the CT was hit really hard, even with Cast it almost never goes off early enough. 

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

So apparently clips of Squid Game’s English dub being bad is a whole sub-genre on YouTube.

If I were to guess without any evidence to back it, which I am, it'd be along the lines of "There is no way this will be popular outside of a small portion of the South Korean population, go cheap on the dubs".

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Plus there are plenty of other explanations, like hot people and… hot people

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Arvis was being nice.

...You did mean "hot" as in "attractive" and hot as in temperature, right?😅

Hey, that scene on the roof was pretty good.

Why does Shrimpy think Elie doesn’t have a character again?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If I were to guess without any evidence to back it, which I am, it'd be along the lines of "There is no way this will be popular outside of a small portion of the South Korean population, go cheap on the dubs".

Now it’s the biggest show on Netflix, so that’s a thing that happened.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Arvis was being nice.

...You did mean "hot" as in "attractive" and hot as in temperature, right?😅

Hot as in attractive. I mean, the music is probably not objectively horrible (objectivity is hard with music, unless it’s Crazy Bus or The Yoshi Clan), so that’s probably not all there is to it, but that’s got to be a part of it. Especially from what I’ve heard the industry is like.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Shrimpy isnt the only one. She is as boring as all hell.

Well, guess I had to develop an unpopular Trails opinion at some point.

Other than my opinion that Get Over The Barrier! is extremely overrated.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Other than my opinion that Get Over The Barrier! is extremely overrated.

Hmm, perhaps I can forgive your terrible opinion of the later. Or perhaps not. I will see.

Elie isn't amazing by any means but she's fine enough.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hey, that scene on the roof was pretty good.

Why does Shrimpy think Elie doesn’t have a character again?

Because that's the last 'good' Elie scene

And probably the only one.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

To me, she is just there to be related to the mayor and friend to the lady at the bank so the game can progress at certain points, she doesnt actually add anything imo

+1

And to be part of Lloyd's harem and have boobs that keep getting bigger.

Edited by Shrimp γ

7 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Because that's the last 'good' Elie scene

And probably the only one.

+1

And to be part of Lloyd's harem and have boobs that keep getting bigger.

Holy... Thats what I wanted to say, but didnt wanna spoil. Shrimpy as always with good taste! 

👍

And there, I've done it, I've found my certified way to kill all my interest in a game, the very same method that started killing modern Fire Emblem for me, so I know it works.

But, that's probably for the best in this case, even if it makes the past few days feel like "What the hell was I doing??????????". Strike them from the record, strike them from my memory, strike them from the fabric of the universe. I have gone from laughing at myself this morning believing I was obsessed with impurity, that I could never look the same way at Joy-Cons the same way ever again, to a grand fool. From tragedy, to comedy, to a stage, empty, in a long abandoned city theatre. What I jested was my "triumphant character arc" was in fact but the last dream of a man shot dead in the dark -a fact not discovered until you get to the end of the lousiest novel ever where you're never told why the person was shot, why they're dreaming, or who they even were b/c it's literally the last line in the thing that doesn't deserve to be called a book. Where a person, given to the madness of laudanum, had thought themselves Hamlet before a packed crowd, collapses and sees the truth for the moments right before they slumber face first in this ramshackle den for the night.

Oiiiiiiiiiiiii I failed to exercise proper restrain, the guilt, the hesitance overcame, and on behalf humanity, rightfully so. I should never have been curious at all, have ever entertained entertainment, I called an anthill a grand palace and meant it seriously. It took but twenty minutes if that, for the great but poorly built edifice to come crumbling down, and to leave all inhabitants in the castle town to suffocate on the dust and return to dust themselves. Read too much I've learned, glimpse others' opinions too much, my mind focuses on the grievances they bring up, and I become totally incapable of leaving room to ever form my own if I have not already. And even if I have, my attachments chip away when met with the contrary, but rarely add when met with more of my same. I become capable of diplomatically offering differing opinions to all who wish to know, but to know little joy myself, for I am too well mannered, too concerned with being anathema to meaning of unapologetic. To retain any strong opinion of goodness and the vivacity it brings, I must remain in an immaculate cocoon, and never hatch into the surrounding world, no matter how clean its air be.

*Sigh*

This is not happiness, this is not existential fear, this is: foolishness, disappointment, humiliation, embarrassment, shame, guilt, disgust, uselessness. I don't want to lay still in the thralls of mortal anxiety, I can't quiver with life, I want to curl up to be as though a rock, until my sins of sheerest stupendous swiftly soaring & supersonic sinking stupidity are atoned for.

For reals? This is an insult to people who actually have uncontrollable mood swings. They don't need amateurs aping their condition and doing it so offensively. When was the last day I was very depressed? Because if it's been no more than a week, then I'm very annoyed with myself, nobody including myself needs this "three emotional phases in 7 days" s***. Get a job already and quit making a melodramatic puppet show in your empty head of your lazy arse life just because it's fun and you have way too much free time. 

And above all else, I need to SHUT THE MIND UP! I talk to myself too much, I don't care if that's what thinking is and we think all the time. ...And if this is some five stage cycle, I'm on anger now, obviously.😑 

*Takes a breath*

Well, when I high with gaiety... yesterday was it? It feels like an eternity ago. I listened to Dance-Battle-All-Night several times thinking it reflected how I was. Now, I think I'll tune out to something else and let the emotions cool, Uncontrollable sounds precisely like what I am. Nobody could write my character, nobody would want to write this extremely inconsistent character. Please let me emerge in some half-decent mindset with a quarter-decent shelf life when I'm done listening.

I listened to Uncontrollable, I began to calm down, and about 2 minutes into the Instrumental version (on the Max Galactica collection of the XCX ost if anyone was curious), I discovered the next emotion in the sequence. I couldn't laugh, so I cried, sadness. I'm a madman, there can't be any divinity that'd set such a course for anyone, life is meaningless, it's a slideshow I have no control over. But, I'm not one to cry, a little moisture under the eyes is all I muster, nothing rolling down the face. And I could laugh, laughing at absurdity is my coping method it seems. Laughter is the final phase! What will I think when I'm done with done with the music? How will I feel when I wake up? If I'm going to do the floss, water floss, brush before bed now, what I am supposed to fill my mind with as I do so? What am I going to about my future? I haven't a clue. Nada. I'll act normally around the house, nobody will suspect a thing as they hadn't suspected my gloom nor gayness, suppressing this madhouse within me won't be a problem. But I if the next thing I knew I turned into a werewolf, it wouldn't surprise me at all, and the full moon right now has absolutely nothing to do with, by Apollo or Artemis, I'd be furry and wild. Move over Ulysses because stream-of-consciousness has a new impenetrable masterpiece!

🤣

More listening to music for now. It does wonders for the mind, seriously.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
More words extracted from the holy In'Lakech! -Persona 2 reference for those seriously concerned about my sanity, I'm fine.

There’s a CP regen art 😮

That EP cost will be a little much for Lloyd, but it’s okay since I had literally no clue what to do with his orbment. Now the only one with slots I’ll have no clue what to use them for is Randy. Once I can afford to unlock them and don’t have better quartz for someone else I need to buy, of course.

So now the strategy is a little something like:

Elie - Use dark matter to get enemies all right on top of each other, and after that use offensive arts (aerial) to do damage, occasionally using her holy bullet craft and her S-craft.

Randy - MVP, after Elie has the enemies dark matter’d, he uses his AT delay. A lot. Like, every turn. That’s his job.

Tio - More of a supportive role, spends a bit of time analyzing new enemies if she has the CP and is the go to healer, since she has a caster’s orbment but lower ATS than the other caster (Elie). When she’s not doing that she’s also firing off offensive arts (aerial, again) and I can use her s-craft for insane damage if I need it.

Lloyd - Probably the weakest link, I’ll occasionally use his strength buff craft or have him use a battle scope to analyze enemies when Tio is busy. Other than that he can heal one time and then run out of EP and just attack normally, although I’ll use his area of effect craft for that a lot just to target multiple enemies at once. But now he has the CP regen art, which might be clutch.

I am proud. Ish.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Elie isn't amazing.

Oh yeah for sure, it’s hard to call anyone in this game amazing after playing Sky, which had some of my favorite characters in fiction and a phenomenal cast in general. Despite this game having now spent 3 chapters slowly developing the world and setting up the plot (at least I’m assuming that’s what’s happening since none of the conflicts in any of these chapters are like at all related), I don’t really feel like I know any of these characters. This works for Lloyd because there’s obviously something going on there, it’s being slowly fed to us (which is nothing new for the series, hello Kevin) and I do like a good mystery. Elie’s only saving grace was that roof scene, before that I felt like I knew nothing about her (other than that she was related to the mayor because I pieced that together myself, since I am big smart), but now I know a lot of her motivation and world view. Compare that to Randy and Tio, who have had pretty much nonstop screen time for all 20 hours I have in this game, and I know pretty much nothing about them. Randy likes gals, gambling, and partying (there’s hints that he’s related to someone important but that’s it), and Tio… is analytical? I guess? Rixia has gotten more of a character in her three scenes that have lasted longer than 30 seconds so far than those two.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Thats what I wanted to say, but didnt wanna spoil.

I’m not too invested in Elie’s size, so unless this is her motivation for actually having been the grandmaster this whole time, no worries.

11 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

Boy the Janet Nicole support bonuses are huge

Like +6 attack on B support (and additional +2 from Janet's charm)

Boi

SGW supports are big, yeah.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

FCDm139VIAAAKAZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Da 13 Sentinels fanart

How dare you spoil the game for me like that. I thought literally anything was a gamebreaking spoiler! Clearly I can no longer play this game even if it does come out on PC.

Also that girl's design is super generic

10 hours ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Why? Kris can access more classes more easily.

Yeah, but Corrin can be literally anything in games where nobody else can be literally everything. Picking their stat distribution is also more transparent, whereas Kris always has me looking at Serenes for what each background option does to their stats. Plus, Corrin is a bit more customizable. They're really close, but I think Corrin has just a little bit more going for them, when it comes to being an avatar from a gameplay viewpoint.

Plotwise, they're also pretty close. Kris supposedly ruins Mystery's story, but I find it difficult to bring myself to care, and they give supports to a cast that direly needed them. As for Corrin, they're hilarious, and you know how I value that, though they're eclipsed a bit by existing in the same games that have Garon, who manages to steal the show even when he appears in a single cutscene throughout the entire campaign.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Never forget everyone forgetting what Azura looked like.

Ahh yes, this mysterious dancer! Who could it possibly be? I don't think we ever found out... I guess it'll join the list of greatest mysteries in gaming, alongside Mr. L's identity and who killed Mia Fey.

You think the real reason Garon was groaning was because he was so frustrated that everyone around him was a complete dumbass?

No wait, can't be, he's an even bigger dumbass than everyone else.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

You cannot defeat me, Sooks. I hold the most unpopular Trails opinion by far.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And there, I've done it, I've found my certified way to kill all my interest in a game, the very same method that started killing modern Fire Emblem for me, so I know it works.

But, that's probably for the best in this case, even if it makes the past few days feel like "What the hell was I doing??????????".

......What was it?

Dammit, I hate that words were failing me for how I thought about the text below that. Nothing coherent, nothing that felt meritorious..

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

One thing i really really like about sgw

Dragons

Yes, SGW's handling of dragons is pretty cool. The manaketes you get specifically are pretty great in ways you wouldn't expect.