• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't understand, how did an infantry Corrin suddenly gain the ability to fly? It's not like there was anyone there to carry her...

Now you're pretending Camilla doesn't exist?

I don't think it's that easy to do so. Sadly.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Now you're pretending Camilla doesn't exist?

I don't think it's that easy to do so. Sadly.

Well, I will give her this: I'd rather acknowledge her existence than Elise's. Because at least she's not a loli.

...No, wait, I cannot deny Elise's existence either, she needs to exist so the funniest scene in Birthright can happen-- Damnit, foiled again by Fates!

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

Featured-Image-How-to-train-a-Corrin-ami

Oh.

...Well, that does explain it, thank you.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

12 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I'll just say, not surprised with some of the comments.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I saw the map design and gave it a hard pass. Why? You're curious about it?

I've played through it twice. For a Fire Emblem-inspired game with the budget of about $100 (sarcasm before someone goes down my throat), I think it's pretty good. Some flaws, but overall a solid experience--one I would recommend to FE fans.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'll just say, not surprised with some of the comments.

The worst part is I don't fully disagree that that situation was messy (with the SF talk).... but there was definitely some interpreting of the whole event.

Maybe the rotation of moderation duties isn't a bad idea after all, mostly to prevent a sort of stagnation where they are all of the one view, unerring.

Well, the Uncharted move is finally happening. It's 5 years later than would have been relevant.

You know me, I don't really like watching overpowered units play through FEs. I'd rather have a challenge if at all possible. However...

Zng864rz o

When the overpowered unit is a literal emperor working as a mercenary for virtually no reason, even I can't resist.

Also helps that he's balanced by having a sky-high fee, so I had to actually think things through so I would be able to keep my convoy protag safe with only two units and shit weapons outside of the emperor's broken prf.

Just wanted to say Storge good. Again.

7 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

I've played through it twice. For a Fire Emblem-inspired game with the budget of about $100 (sarcasm before someone goes down my throat), I think it's pretty good. Some flaws, but overall a solid experience--one I would recommend to FE fans.

Eh... I'll admit, it caught my interest at some point, but... Flat, empty squares for maps? That sounds utterly miserable. Would you be willing to address this point in particular, if you don't mind? How was your experience with the maps?

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, the Uncharted move is finally happening. It's 5 years later than would have been relevant.

I mean, the Uncharted franchise is already movies with bland third-person shooter action to break the monotony, so...

Why the wild recasts, though? I cannot for the life of me tell who the hell is supposed to be Drake... I know, funny I should say that after Chris Prattio. Obviously this doesn't beat Chris Prattio, but... what the heck?

No, like, seriously. Sully looks like Nathan and Nathan looks like Rafe. How did they fuck it up so badly? It's no Chris Prattio, but still... I'm not even a fan of Uncharted, but c'mon, Hollywood. Get a grip.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

FCO7ZCZVkAcxYEk?format=jpg&name=medium

Is this supposed to represent me on the lookout for fellow Three Houses haters?

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The worst part is I don't fully disagree that that situation was messy (with the SF talk).... but there was definitely some interpreting of the whole event.

How bad of an idea is it to ask what this event is? I know it’s not a good one, but I want to know. I didn’t see any SF events being referenced there.

Eh... I'll admit, it caught my interest at some point, but... Flat, empty squares for maps? That sounds utterly miserable. Would you be willing to address this point in particular, if you don't mind? How was your experience with the maps?

Only 2 maps in the 28-chapter game are entirely "flat, empty squares," and the first one is the only chapter in the game you need to escape with everyone. You're in the middle, and the entirety of the left and right side have escape tiles. It's not a great map, but it's not horrible. I'd say the quality of the maps are overall average. Birthright quality, maybe?

fake edit: Technically 3 maps are, but the one I just remembered makes sense since it's one of those "we're going to copy your army" chapters. You can't make a map based on completely random enemy set-ups.

I mean, the Uncharted franchise is already movies with bland third-person shooter action to break the monotony, so...

On the one hand I can't fully disagree, but just because it's not got some cool mechanic added to the combat doesn't make the actual gameplay that bad.

(Admittedly it's been a good while and I didn't get to A Thief's End. And we never got Unkarted, dammit Naughty Dog.

Why the wild recasts, though? I cannot for the life of me tell who the hell is supposed to be Drake... I know, funny I should say that after Chris Prattio. Obviously this doesn't beat Chris Prattio, but... what the heck?

Mark Whalberg should have gone full grey for Sully, much as I definitely think he's not a great pick he could at least take some of the physical role in it, he's a bit old even for Drake in the games and this Drake's clearly younger than that. Then again I wasn't following it so I have no idea about the casting. I'd expect they ran into difficulties before shooting and then had to recast if it's that far away from the old version.

Yeah this ain't gonna be much in the way of faithful but at least the trailer's clear it's not, there's a brother added in for some reason. (Now why they're just robbing set pieces from the games.....)

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know me, I don't really like watching overpowered units play through FEs. I'd rather have a challenge if at all possible. However...

Zng864rz o

When the overpowered unit is a literal emperor working as a mercenary for virtually no reason, even I can't resist.

Also helps that he's balanced by having a sky-high fee, so I had to actually think things through so I would be able to keep my convoy protag safe with only two units and shit weapons outside of the emperor's broken prf.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

FCO7ZCZVkAcxYEk?format=jpg&name=medium

Context?

Just now, Sooks said:

How bad of an idea is it to ask what this event is? I know it’s not a good one, but I want to know. I didn’t see any SF events being referenced there.

Acacia probably has the right of it.

Ahahahahahahahahahahah

I was speaking with a friend about the Uncharted casting, and I made the joke that they should make a Heavy Rain movie.

So far we've got Chris Pratt as Scott, Jack Black as Ethan and Tobey Maguire as Nahman. The idea of a fat Chris Pratt making dumb faces while Jack Black screams SHAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUN over and over again made me laugh for 30 seconds straight.

My sense of humor is bollocks. I love it.

7 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Only 2 maps in the 28-chapter game are entirely "flat, empty squares," and the first one is the only chapter in the game you need to escape with everyone. You're in the middle, and the entirety of the left and right side have escape tiles. It's not a great map, but it's not horrible. I'd say the quality of the maps are overall average. Birthright quality, maybe?

fake edit: Technically 3 maps are, but the one I just remembered makes sense since it's one of those "we're going to copy your army" chapters. You can't make a map based on completely random enemy set-ups.

Hm. Birthright quality, you say? I mean, that's the worst Fates, but... Perhaps I judged it too harshy.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

On the one hand I can't fully disagree, but just because it's not got some cool mechanic added to the combat doesn't make the actual gameplay that bad.

I mean, no, but they never looked that remarkable to me. Certainly not 60$ remarkable.

Mark Whalberg should have gone full grey for Sully

Yes. At least that. If he did that and grew a stache he'd actually grow the part. Or... just grow the stache. It's like, the most memorable part of Sully's appearance. It's silly that he looks so much more like Nathan lol.

Basically, yeah. Except the guy screaming REMEMBAH THE EMPEROOOORRRR is the emperor.

Hm. Birthright quality, you say? I mean, that's the worst Fates, but... Perhaps I judged it too harshy.

What? Revelation exists, and the map design in Revelation is out-of-the-way horrendous.

5 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

What? Revelation exists, and the map design in Revelation is out-of-the-way horrendous.

I mean, check my sig. See Rev and Birthright's placements? Yeah.

...Though to be fair, my views are probably a bit skewed by the fact that I used only generics in Rev, and that Birthright ended on a really poor note due to that horrible Garon map that I had to rescueskip because it was otherwise straight up impossible.

Yeah, Rev had some shitters, but I felt the hate was overblown. The ice map was as bad as it got. Everything else ranged from "mediocre, but I've seen far worse" to "eh that was pretty good actually!"

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, check my sig. See Rev and Birthright's placements? Yeah.

...Though to be fair, my views are probably a bit skewed by the fact that I used only generics in Rev, and that Birthright ended on a really poor note due to that horrible Garon map that I had to rescueskip because it was otherwise straight up impossible.

Yeah, Rev had some shitters, but I felt the hate was overblown. The ice map was as bad as it got. Everything else ranged from "mediocre, but I've seen far worse" to "eh that was pretty good actually!"

Fair. That's on me!

I think the only Revelation map I enjoyed was the final chapter. And maybe the one where you fight Iago? But that's because of the music change more than anything.

9 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Fair. That's on me!

It's fine.

I think the only Revelation map I enjoyed was the final chapter.

Hahah, well, that's okay. I disagree, though. For the most part I was just like "eh, it's okay." Same with Birthright, though for me Birthright's only real positive highlight was Camilla, and it had more negative highlights than Rev.

And maybe the one where you fight Iago? But that's because of the music change more than anything.

I loved both Hans and Iago's maps. Those two were the coolest stretch of the game. Getting both Alight and A Dark Fall in a row, the two best maps in the game, the fire walls which is a fun gimmick in my humble opinion, nabbing the final two units for my team (Brigitta and Christof)? It was just all around great.

There were a few other maps I enjoyed, most I was just okay with, and a couple I hated, but really, nothing like the huge salt that everyone has for the game. Not that I'll say it's unwarranted, but I personally did not feel it.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So far we've got Chris Pratt as Scott, Jack Black as Ethan and Tobey Maguire as Nahman. The idea of a fat Chris Pratt making dumb faces while Jack Black screams SHAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUN over and over again made me laugh for 30 seconds straight.

Jack Black shouting Jason through a mall is what I need in my life.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, no, but they never looked that remarkable to me. Certainly not 60$ remarkable.

At the time it certainty looked better, but I don't know how much you were looking at the time. The first one was notable for the time it came out in 2007 (especially with that early PS3 lineup.), 2 had of course the prior audience and the big massive train setpiece to sell it alongside being out in 2009 (when Sony actually took the generation seriously and.... would end up second for it.) and 3 I guess had enough steam to keep it going by 2011.

Still, A Crack in Time arguably ranks higher than the lot. (Why yes, we stan Insomniac in my hovel)

Just now, DodgeDusk said:

I think the only Revelation map I enjoyed was the final chapter. And maybe the one where you fight Iago? But that's because of the music change more than anything.

I mean, I'd say Blockado is a personal favourite, but that was harmed by my tendency for intentional routing of the map and thus having to deal with Ryoma and Xander.

54 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I presume that it was the FETuber allegations from last year, but I can't be certain.