Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They didn’t include Wrys in New Mystery book 2? No wonder Ruben doesn’t like that one.

Not even in Book 1. He was cut out completely. The village only gave a Vulnerary. For most, it served as much use as Wrys himself before getting Lena, but of course, Wrys was quite missed nonetheless.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hey, right when I said that, Wrys joined! Now I can easily bench Marisha.

Good Sooks.

Good Sooks.

That being said, 3x was really boring and really short.

It gets quite intense in the higher difficulties. To the point where I forgot it's even possible without Draco Arran lol.

Also, Kris’ lack of strength levels is starting to become really concerning. I gave you the +10% strength growth! Why aren’t you gaining strength? You capped skill very quickly and you only got +5% in that!

RNG screwed Kris?

Oof.

AIJehcb.png

Best hair option.

Okay no I can't say that when Wendell's option exists.

They didn’t include Wrys in New Mystery book 2? No wonder Ruben doesn’t like that one.

Neither book 2 nor book 1. He was famously replaced by a vulnerary. That's why every piece of official artwork the man's gotten has him holding a vulnerary.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Rev is also really helped by Fates very strong & robust core gameplay that does help overcome it's faults imo

True enough.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The Hierarch.

Good luck.

I laughed out loud with that one

Well in the about 5 dialogue boxes he has and some other text relating to him, we know he was a friend of house Ylisse for many years yet for some reason betrayed them in chapter 7. His motivations for doing this are a bit of a mystery although due to his demeaner you could guess that he was out for himself and didn't want to get killed in the war. How he came to this conclusion and what his history is with Ylisse is still a mystery, and I sometimes wonder if he was originally going to be more prevalent throughout the story but was cut later in development.

I bullshitted most of that but I'm sticking to my word.

22 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

It wasn't half bad. Certainly not ''Worst FE of all time'' Bad, and no map i found super offensive, either. Although plenty of boring maps, and many that felt just like a weaker version of Conquest's.

The biggest Problems with Rev i see:

• Lol what's balance. I needed a balance patch to enjoy the sandbox'ing as much as i did or it would've been grind hell
  • Really Boring Late game. Starting Mikoto the maps became all 💤. Endgame was super dissapointing
  • Enemy defense stats were a tad bit too much inflated

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Rev is also really helped by Fates very strong & robust core gameplay that does help overcome it's faults imo

I'm seeing a lot of agreements on Rev here. Honestly, even I feel the same way. 

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To their credit, Belf and Leiden are both actually really solid units. They're just a bit out of the way, so it's easy to not realize their potential

I remember Leiden being pretty neat, but my Belf so not good at all, but that was mostly a luck based issue with growths. I dumped most xp into Robert and Sirius after all. I'm sure he'd be great if I tried him again.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Also, Kris’ lack of strength levels is starting to become really concerning. I gave you the +10% strength growth! Why aren’t you gaining strength? You capped skill very quickly and you only got +5% in that

Hey, now you can have the best spoon feeder for giving kills to Matthis! Or Cord. 

Oh hey, the game is giving me deployment slots again, and because this chapter doesn’t have 500 wyverns I can bench Gordin as well. So I’ll bring Arran to maybe start that support and see if it’s that good and… uh… Cord? It’ll make Shaky Jones happy.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

RNG screwed Kris?

Oof.

I wouldn’t say Kris is RNG screwed yet but if everyone else caught up in levels…

It gets quite intense in the higher difficulties. To the point where I forgot it's even possible without Draco Arran lol.

Does a higher difficulty fix 3 as well, or is it still a boring slog if you want Matthis?

Edited by Sooks

Cord? It’ll make Shaky Jones happy.

And the novelty of finally being able to use axes in Mystery. Fun fact, Book 2 had no playable axe users.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

So I’ll bring Arran to maybe start that support and see if it’s that good and… uh… Cord? It’ll make Shaky Jones happy

Chad Cord Chad Cord

Realistically, people mainly use Cord when they also train Cord, Bord, and Barst, because they actually have a triangle attack in this game. It's nice that New Mystery gives you even more of a reason to use Cord.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Does a higher difficulty fix 3 as well, or is it still a boring slog if you want Matthis?

I mean, you'll focus more, so it's not AS boring, but the map design still sucks. The AI with the wyverns is more complicated, but that often throws me off on a loop, since I always struggle to remember how it works, and the reinforcements that attack Palla 2RKO her, so she's screwed if you don't know when to plug certain fortresses. In other words, it still sucks. 

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I laughed out loud with that one

I just don't get why they didn't make Phila into a traitor instead. As it is, Phila serves zero purpose and the Hierarch nonsense is one of the dumbest scenes in the entire series.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Well in the about 5 dialogue boxes he has and some other text relating to him, we know he was a friend of house Ylisse for many years yet for some reason betrayed them in chapter 7. His motivations for doing this are a bit of a mystery although due to his demeaner you could guess that he was out for himself and didn't want to get killed in the war. How he came to this conclusion and what his history is with Ylisse is still a mystery, and I sometimes wonder if he was originally going to be more prevalent throughout the story but was cut later in development.

I bullshitted most of that but I'm sticking to my word.

Hahahaha...

Ahh, well, good effort. Hierarch is still the point when I kinda gave up on Awakening's story, but good effort.

10 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I remember Leiden being pretty neat, but my Belf so not good at all, but that was mostly a luck based issue with growths. I dumped most xp into Robert and Sirius after all. I'm sure he'd be great if I tried him again.

Well, Leiden is the better of the two, I feel. Mostly because he has the speed.

Hey, now you can have the best spoon feeder for giving kills to Matthis!

Yes!

Or Cord. 

Still yes.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh hey, the game is giving me deployment slots again, and because this chapter doesn’t have 500 wyverns I can bench Gordin as well. So I’ll bring Arran to maybe start that support and see if it’s that good and… uh… Cord? It’ll make Shaky Jones happy.

Hah! Well, good luck with Cord.

I wouldn’t say Kris is RNG screwed yet but if everyone else caught up in levels…

Sheesh... Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Naaah, 3 is just a bad map. I don't think 12 has many bad maps, but 3 is one of them.

4 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Chad Cord Chad Cord

Realistically, people mainly use Cord when they also train Cord, Bord, and Barst, because they actually have a triangle attack in this game. It's nice that New Mystery gives you even more of a reason to use Cord.

I don't think I've ever used Barst. I've used Cord and Bord, but not Barst. The contrarian in me didn't want to stoop to that in the days when everyone said Barst was the best unit in the game.

I mean, you'll focus more, so it's not AS boring, but the map design still sucks. The AI with the wyverns is more complicated, but that often throws me off on a loop, since I always struggle to remember how it works, and the reinforcements that attack Palla 2RKO her, so she's screwed if you don't know when to plug certain fortresses. In other words, it still sucks. 

Plug certain fortresses? What I do with Palla is just run for the hills lol. She can go around the border of the map and reach the team without risk.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Oh, hey Sirius. That mask just makes you look so unfamiliar, I have never ever seen anyone that looks remotely like you. If only that thing weren’t there’d it really hides your identity.

Chad Cord Chad Cord

I have never found a time where triangle attack would ever be useful in any FE, and I’ve only ever actually used it one time just to see if it would have helped me (I’m pretty sure I had to divine pulse after anyway and undo it because it got all my units killed against Nemesis. Or they missed. Or both, I can’t remember).

I could not find out how it works either, but I finished the entire map without them attacking me so I just threw Palla and Catria at them then had them move away, baiting the wyverns from the mountains to feed kills to Kris and Roderick.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Naaah, 3 is just a bad map. I don't think 12 has many bad maps, but 3 is one of them.

Good to hear that, because I really did not enjoy 3.

Edited by Sooks

Chapter 3 sucks ass.

I still remember how my Archers couldn'T even kill the wyverns with freaking steel bows kek

Then again NM Steel bows are worse than Fates Iron Bows/Yumi, and Fates Archers are just high tier stuff

9n36pY2.png

Edited by Father Shrimpas

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, hey Sirius. That mask just makes you look so unfamiliar, I have never ever seen anyone that looks remotely like you. If only that thing weren’t there’d it really hides your identity.

Sirius... he is A CHAR.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Plug certain fortresses? What I do with Palla is just run for the hills lol. She can go around the border of the map and reach the team without risk.

By the time i considered that as an option, I've done the map enough times to just stay on top and defeat the reinforcements consistently. Of course, running away probably makes it less stressful when the first set of wyverns start moving. Oh well. I hate retreating. Aggressive plays for the win.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Barst was the best unit in the game.

Barst's the best unit in the game? Coulda fooled me. I only uses him once, twice if you count the time I dropped him halfway. Cord is superior.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Chapter 3 sucks ass.

I still remember how my Archers couldn'T even kill the wyverns with freaking steel bows kek

9n36pY2.png

screwage aho

I don't think I'll ever use male mage Kris. It just sounds so dissapointing. He's not built for magic. What would his grandpa say?

I have never found a time where triangle attack would ever be useful in any FE

I mean, you can say that you did it? I try it once for most games, but I dint think i ever found it helpful. It's just nice to pull off. My favorite use of it is getting an untrained Est to OHKO Camus on Hard 5 of SD with a triangle attack forged ridersbane.

Also, Sirius is awesome.

Ugh, Sirius. I don’t want to use him here, look at all that exp! But anyone else would clearly die there, that clump of enemies is obviously designed to be solo’d by him. And I can’t wait, because they could probably take out the two squishies and Ogma in one turn.

And then he got a crit, stealing a kill that would have gone to Jubelo. Sirius, why…

Complete unrelated but: I never thought I’d see this in an fe game, but an ENEMY devil weapon killing the enemy is so satisfying (especially since the enemy would otherwise have killed Yuliya due to me being too lazy to math).

Edited by Sooks

I just don't get why they didn't make Phila into a traitor instead. As it is, Phila serves zero purpose and the Hierarch nonsense is one of the dumbest scenes in the entire series.

I am a little surprised Phila didn't come back as an endgame unit since Awakening loves to bring back characters from the dead.

In terms of playable units, Fire Emblem would do good to have relatable and lovable units in future titles, not just because it's good writing but also because it works well with Classic mode. You're probably going to be way more motivated to keep your units alive if you genuinely care about them and their wellbeing.

One, let me stress that, one of the reasons I got tired of Blazing Blade was a lack of characterization outside the protagonists with not many lines of dialogue after you recruit them. I didn't feel that attached to them.

Although take that criticism with a grain of salt since I never beat the game and I have heard that there are support conversations, they just work differently.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ugh, Sirius. I don’t want to use him here, look at all that exp! But anyone else would clearly die there, that clump of enemies is obviously designed to be solo’d by him. And I can’t wait, because they could probably take out the two squishies and Ogma in one turn.

And then he got a crit, stealing a kill that would have gone to Jubelo. Sirius, why…

The Sirius experience:tm:

He's Siriusly that good

as far as Ch. 3 goes, I just have Palla camp at a fort until she can move down the map and meet the rest of the group. also usually bait a couple of the wyverns with her too.

she gets some good levels that way.

He's too much of a chad. I really like the integration of Sirius's OP skills used here in a map to help. I think this counts as story to gameplay integration, or I suppose character to gameplay. He's even more broken in Old Mystery, where xp isn't decreased as you level up, meaning he gets several levels from wiping the brigands out, and he's got good growths too. Mystery does his character right.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

2 Ponies ambush kill her tho

I'm used to most units getting killed by 2 ponies. 

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

- Sirius, probably.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good to hear that, because I really did not enjoy 3.

Nobody does, don't worry.

13 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Chapter 3 sucks ass.

Yep, no arguments there.

7 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

By the time i considered that as an option, I've done the map enough times to just stay on top and defeat the reinforcements consistently. Of course, running away probably makes it less stressful when the first set of wyverns start moving. Oh well. I hate retreating. Aggressive plays for the win.

True, but... chapter 3 is a beast of its own.

Barst's the best unit in the game? Coulda fooled me. I only uses him once, twice if you count the time I dropped him halfway. Cord is superior.

Hey, I'm just saying what other people used to say!

I don't think I'll ever use male mage Kris. It just sounds so dissapointing. He's not built for magic. What would his grandpa say?

The time I did a screenshot LP of FE12, male mage Kris ended up being worse than Wrys. Let that sink in.

I can never get used to the Jubelo spelling of that name. And the thing is, it's actually more accurate and in English it makes no difference, but when you're Spanish, it just sounds so... wrong.

Complete unrelated but: I never thought I’d see this in an fe game, but an ENEMY devil weapon killing the enemy is so satisfying (especially since the enemy would otherwise have killed Yuliya due to me being too lazy to math).

Well, that was a lucky save!

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I am a little surprised Phila didn't come back as an endgame unit since Awakening loves to bring back characters from the dead.

In terms of playable units, Fire Emblem would do good to have relatable and lovable units in future titles, not just because it's good writing but also because it works well with Classic mode. You're probably going to be way more motivated to keep your units alive if you genuinely care about them and their wellbeing.

One, let me stress that, one of the reasons I got tired of Blazing Blade was a lack of characterization outside the protagonists with not many lines of dialogue after you recruit them. I didn't feel that attached to them.

Although take that criticism with a grain of salt since I never beat the game and I have heard that there are support conversations, they just work differently.

GBAFE has supports, yes, but they're... annoying to get.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

just use a vulnerary if her health gets too low

she can kill reliably with the silver lance

This works in hard difficulty. Maniac, not so much. Lunatic, don't even try, she gets slaughtered.

Oh yeah, that's right. I have a bit of an existential crisis. Not for tonight, I'm going to bed now, but for tomorrow when I play Fates.

See, I have room for one more character in chapter 14. If I were smart, I'd make that character Azura, but for the first time in Conquest, I've allowed myself to have too many units I want to use, so Azura was pushed to the sidelines. I'm debating between Iggy and Midori. Which one do you guys prefer? Or maybe I could put Candace on the team.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I was watching that just now actually.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, that's right. I have a bit of an existential crisis. Not for tonight, I'm going to bed now, but for tomorrow when I play Fates.

See, I have room for one more character in chapter 14. If I were smart, I'd make that character Azura, but for the first time in Conquest, I've allowed myself to have too many units I want to use, so Azura was pushed to the sidelines. I'm debating between Iggy and Midori. Which one do you guys prefer? Or maybe I could put Candace on the team.

Iggy, because that's the name of a Mario character.