Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I remember that boss battle, it was charming. Although me not realizing you could bring objects through the TV screens made for like 20 minutes of sheer frustration before getting to it, I could see what I had to do, but I didn't understand how to do it.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pokemon is like the one franchise where going 3D actually hurt it more than helped it.

Actually, i take it back, because Sonic exists.

Reminds me I decided to watch some longplays of a few of the 3D Sonic games. I have no intentions of watching '06 or Shadow though.

I grew up with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, but I only touched a demo of the Director's Cut of the first Sonic Adventure. Maybe it's bias, and I only watched the Sonic section of SA1 so far, but SA1 feels like a tech demo, a showcase of the Dreamcast's power and less like an actual game for much of it. SA2 isn't devoid of set pieces in its stages don't get me wrong, but it looks more streamlined and like actual semi-challenging gameplay. But I forgive Sega for any SA1 faults because it was the first non-gimmick 3D platform Sonic game. Trying to figure out how to transition a franchise may need some trial and error, even if Mario and Zelda and other franchises had already made the leap.

Though the plot of SA1? Mario's near absence of plot from its 3D games is absolutely fine for me now, because 3D Sonic I see always wants to be cool and maybe serious, but the ice is actually cheddar, so cheesy.

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I never ate dumplings before

I suggest trying bao, I bought some Americanized cheesesteak-filled ones once, the Chinese buns were slightly doughy in a good way. 

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like, over here we have Empanadas, but it's also just dough with a filling. I go right for Pizza Empanadas as it were.

Or in other words, a calzone, those are good. Pocket pies regardless of culture, filling, and method of cooking are delicious. Not that I've eaten many, what's the price for shipping a real Cornish pasty across the Atlantic?

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

honestly have no clue why they did that.

You're reminding me of the 60 Minutes episode I watched where a Netherlands zoo euthanized a young male giraffe for controversial reasons in public for everyone to watch and the subsequent dissection too, the zookeepers were encouraging parents to bring their children to the event. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I suggest trying bao, I bought some Americanized cheesesteak-filled ones once, the Chinese buns were slightly doughy in a good way.

I'm actually tempted to try dumplings.
Maybe next time I go grocery shopping (which will probably be on Monday), I'll see if I can get some!

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're reminding me of the 60 Minutes episode I watched where a Netherlands zoo euthanized a young male giraffe for controversial reasons in public for everyone to watch and the subsequent dissection too, the zookeepers were encouraging parents to bring their children to the event. 

That is gross.
Incredibly gross.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, I actually kind of liked Sonic '06.

Nothing wrong with that. I've never played it and are willing to turn a blind eye to purely pixels bestiality.:P:

And speaking of dumplings, I'm reminded of something different but round and encasing a filling too- ice cream mochi. American supermarkets have started serving up this Japanese frozen delight, I've seen vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter, strawberry, and green tea flavors. I've bought them like twice, because of slight Japanphilism on my part. They're... not bad, just strange, the gummy texture of the mochi is unlike anything in American cuisine. It's not something I yearn for, but I'd eat them again.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although me not realizing you could bring objects through the TV screens made for like 20 minutes of sheer frustration before getting to it, I could see what I had to do, but I didn't understand how to do it.

I'm not sure if you've played Dark Moon but there was a similar puzzle concept so i figured that i needed the TVs to bring objects over.

Although i did things out of order, i went into the fourth room first and worked my way backwards before doing the correct path once all the ghosts were cleared.

I also didn't catch the director after the Kaiju boss fight. He was so happy and he gave up his elevator button without problems so i felt bad if i tried catching him after all that.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Keikanu dori!

It's also expensive af and i will need to do alot of quests because to create that for everyone is gonna cost me like 50k cole xD

That's the downside of doing something like that. XD

But to fix those woes, you can craft a Fate Talisman (Alchemyriddle Chapter 7, iirc) with a "Good Fortune" property, that increases money gained from battles (and maybe quests, but I'm not sure on this).
You'll be swimming in it before you know it!

Also
PjLvdXe.jpg

Edited by DragonFlames

Pulled pork with a tangy Carolina sauce and pulled chicken with a smokey sauce, both served on brioche buns. Accompanied by sweet cornbread, hushpuppies, mac & cheese bites, and onion rings with a dipping sauce. I feel full, and old. My anxieties swallowed for a moment by life's little joys.

Cake came sometime later, two layers of chocolate, one of yellow, vanilla buttercream throughout with a chocolate glaze dripping down the sides.

Next on CK2, due to having to wait for the Truce with the Sultan end, I decided to fight a Vassalization war against Cordoba. They tried, and failed, to Holy War the Umayyad so it was an easy affair. Shortly after the Emir of Algarve tried to break off, so I Holy War'ed him too. I had to act quick before the Umayyad re-annexed them, but a Catholic revolt in the Toledo region distracted them enough. Hah, recovering Hispania continues.

Charlie finally died, assassinated seems to be. Gavelkind struck again, so now Aquitaine broke off. I took advantage of this to take Rosello from them. Unfortunately for East Francia, loosing a good chunk of their manpower and the King of France loosing its Holy War meant the Germanic pagans now joined the other war, so Saxony did not fall that day.

I finally got Moravia to convert, and as I've long noticed, it seems the Court Chaplain can only succeed enough times because no matter where I sent him next he gets imprisoned as soon he arrives to proselyte. Guess I'll continue with the next one. If the Karlings keep failing to take Saxony, they might be the next in line instead...

Hopefully they are better processed than the already existing ones.

Of course it was my fault by buying a cheap copy of them, so I don't have wonder about the appropriate quality.

Anyways I found a simple solution how to fix the bracket: Excel

I don't the bracket maker programm anymore.

Its only purpose was to shuffle the duels.

13 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Now I have to find an other site which allows to show pictures here.

I would suggest Imgbox-It's very, very simple but it works very well.

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

This is really good.

Thanks for this tip!

Eyy, no problem! Glad that I was able to help!

I will warn you that you can only upload 500 screenshots at a time, and (at least for me,) it takes a bit of time if you upload more than, say, 100 photos at once.

If Persona 6 should be a thing, I will wait till an extended version is out.

There's like no reason to play Persona 5 - unless you're inpatient - if the "add on" is better in pretty much every way (more content, improved gameplay, localised).

Anyways started to watch a LP of Persona 2.

I didn't know it came out for PSP - a console I own actually - but it's not available in the internet.

And I was told rather to watch this.

Anyways my first impressions: it's more mature and less anime-likish and the battle theme kicks ass.

BTW I know that Persona 5's final boss theme is a remake of Persona 2's final boss theme which is interesting.

Maybe there have been some more references to older Persona games I've missed.

BTW I'd like to know why wind skills in some Shin Megami Tensei games are called garu and in some other ones zan.

It's confusing for me.

Edited by Julian Teehee

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also

Saw everything coming except

Reveal hidden contents

Mana going full Henshin on me xD

Sadly Mana was way too easy

then again, considering the equipment i have...

Ayy, you saw the thing!

Spoiler

I had a rough time with the Machina of God. However, my equipment wasn't half as good as yours.

Mana is a CPU. That was my first thought when she transformed. XD

---

I played some more Nights of Azure 2 this morning.
ajYKbm3.jpg

Christophorus Hype!

Also, here's what I meant when I said the graphics looked "washed out" sometimes:
dRlWzGI.jpg

Someone put the Blue Lions logo over that moon. XD

6 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Now I have to find an other site which allows to show pictures here.

I use Imgbb. I've had no issues with it despite hundreds of images being uploaded and it's free.

3 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

BTW I'd like to know why wind skills in some Shin Megami Tensei games are called garu and in some other ones zan.

It's confusing for me.

Not entirely sure myself. But Zan is the original force/wind element spell name, originating like the rest of the traditional spell names in Megami Tensei II, and Garu seems to be almost exclusively a Persona thing. I say almost, because Strange Journey swapped to Garu too. Typing both words into a translator doesn't tell me anything about why they were chosen.

Zan (and Gry) in Persona 2 serve as the Almighty element spells instead, as Megido for some reason doesn't exist (good for it, because Almighty can be resisted, nulled, and reflected in P2- so much for being "almighty").

3 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

BTW I know that Persona 5's final boss theme is a remake of Persona 2's final boss theme which is interesting.

Thats weird. Persona 2's final battle theme is a remix of its opening theme. The opening theme of the game, like others, being part of the "soul" of the game makes another game borrowing it for its own climatic moment unusual.