Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Those 3 are really great 😄

Yep!
Part of the reason I wanted to try Mana Khemia was exactly because that's where Nefertiti came from. XD And I will get to that game soon, I think.
And Cygnus was what convinced me to buy Lulua. And then I heard the theme in game and I knew "yep, one of my favorite battle themes ever."

And my opinion on Lucia, well... you know. I'd be lying if I said that song didn't play a role in why I love NoA2's final battle so much.

Here's one you might not have heard yet, but I really recommend (I call this one Cygnus' ancestor, because the two have a similar feel to them, I find):

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

don't worry, i know that not the best =/= bad

xd

Don't mind me, I just panicked again for no reason. XP

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

It's only in Rorona + afaik

Ah, that explains it!
Then I should at least be able to find out where it plays if I ever revisit the game!
Thanks for the info! ^^

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

and Juno ayy

Ah, so you know this one already? Nice!
I should probably check if I have the Change BGM stuff downloaded for my copy of Atelier Lulua.

Ight, I decided to start a +20% enemy growths run through PoR to see if it solves my issues with the difficulty! If not...Welp. That would really suck, since I've still got more than 13 chapters to go...

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Part of the reason I wanted to try Mana Khemia was exactly because that's where Nefertiti came from. XD And I will get to that game soon, I think.

Be warned, although I know nothing of the Atelier franchise, I did glimpse someone, in a memey way, say Mana Khemia had an insufferable cast. Not sure whether they meant the first or the second though, and maybe your opinions would vary.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Having finished The Thousand-Year Door, I've realized that it's basically a Fire Emblem plot. Granted, most of the similar plot points (collecting magic rocks, the main villain for most of the game not being the final boss, said villain being manipulated by an evil sorcerer to revive a great evil, said great evil possessing someone, the ending shows what happened to everyone, etc.) aren't exclusive to FE, but FE games have a tendency to use those ideas.

I'll take Paper FE! Or I'll settle for less and just ask for Bonetail in an FE.

Congrats on playing through Ye Olde Nostalgia Glasses God Among Games. I do seriously like it though b/c childhood memories. Never did the full Pit of 100 Trials, I made it to the 50th I know, but any deeper I'm not sure. I only beat the game once in the many files I played though.

And nice Dooliss avi.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I understand this is a 3D modern update on an SNES game, but how hard would it have been to think up more dialogue?

This is like the main reason i've been holding off on it, despite seeing the game go on sale somewhat frequently. I did like the demo but there wasn't enough character in it. I had chosen Reiz(?) as my main with Angela and Hawkeye as the other two but the latter wasn't playable due to the demo. Reiz and Angela were from opposing kingdoms but there was barely any character interaction between the two, even though i felt there could be something interesting here.

I will say i'm glad the character interaction exists at least, as opposed to Octopath Traveler where despite multiple party members, the game may as well be a solo story.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I might give it a try as well

Dew it.

I did say this before but just as an FYI (both to you and your brother, idk how far he's in yet), the Red Streamer is the weakest part of the game. Although i feel that's just the Paper Mario MO, i don't recall TTYD and Super's first chapter being all that exciting either.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm having more fun playing on Extreme difficulty than I expected, too, so that's me playing NoA2, as well!
At first, I was scared I wouldn't even make it past the initial few battles, but I've found my rhythm, and I'm feeling confident I can make it past the bosses!
Though I haven't fought any of 'em yet...

Me with Xenoblade 2 Bringer of Chaos. Even though it's on NG+, combining the rhythmic feel of the combat with the more challenging aspects of the difficulty makes for a satisfying experience.

57 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Fun fact about this boss: if you don't beat it within a certain number of turns, it throws you out and you have to do the whole fight all over again.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

idk how far he's in yet

He didn't start yet, as he wants to finish Xenoblade first. He is right before the final dungeon there atm

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fun fact about this boss: if you don't beat it within a certain number of turns, it throws you out and you have to do the whole fight all over again.

time to craft op items

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Be warned, although I know nothing of the Atelier franchise, I did glimpse someone, in a memey way, say Mana Khemia had an insufferable cast. Not sure whether they meant the first or the second though, and maybe your opinions would vary.

As far as I'm aware, Mana Khemia is a spin-off of the main Atelier series.
And I have yet to play an Atelier game where the main cast was anything close to unlikeable. Sure, Ryza's was perhaps the least interesting so far, but even then, I genuinely liked all of them. But that doesn't have to mean anything and maybe Mana Khemia will be such a game, so... we shall see, I suppose!

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Me with Xenoblade 2 Bringer of Chaos. Even though it's on NG+, combining the rhythmic feel of the combat with the more challenging aspects of the difficulty makes for a satisfying experience.

Very nice! I'm happy you're having fun, too!

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh, so that's the one you were talking about when you were playing the game? I see now!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

time to craft op items

It's actually not that hard and him throwing you out is telegraphed. There is a stronger version of the boss though that can show up randomly near the end of the game.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sure, Ryza's was perhaps the least interesting so far, but even then, I genuinely liked all of them.

That's how i feel about Shallie's cast, specifically the new characters. Apart from the Shallies, all of the new characters felt lacking compared to the returning characters from Ayesha and Escha & Logy but i still liked them.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is like the main reason i've been holding off on it, despite seeing the game go on sale somewhat frequently. I did like the demo but there wasn't enough character in it. I had chosen Reiz(?) as my main with Angela and Hawkeye as the other two but the latter wasn't playable due to the demo. Reiz and Angela were from opposing kingdoms but there was barely any character interaction between the two, even though i felt there could be something interesting here.

I will say i'm glad the character interaction exists at least, as opposed to Octopath Traveler where despite multiple party members, the game may as well be a solo story.

I getcha. I felt the same way with OT, but I'm hoping the Trials of Mana gameplay holds up enough to compensate. Octopath Traveler... having to try everything to figure out what to pummel a boss with in the boring pattern of amass Boost, Break 'em, Boost got old at a point. 

Although i feel that's just the Paper Mario MO, i don't recall TTYD and Super's first chapter being all that exciting either.

I wouldn't call them the best chapters either. I think I remember Chapter 1 of Super starts fun, but for some reason I think it ends only okay. TTYD's first chapter is nearly identical to the first PM's. Shell-kick Koopa partner? Check. Fuzzies? Check. Big abandoned castle/fortress? Check. Although I'd say the first PM has the better first of these two alike chapters, Hooktail is visually impressive, but I like the Koopa Bros. more. And you get your third partner inside said fort too, as opposed to having to wait another chapter.

That's how i feel about Shallie's cast, specifically the new characters. Apart from the Shallies, all of the new characters felt lacking compared to the returning characters from Ayesha and Escha & Logy but i still liked them.

I see, I see!

Ah, Trials. I want to get that game. Also Secret. I have Adventure, and I want to play through the trilogy.

TTYD is a fun game. Also, I've seen that Flavio glitch. Hahaha, hilarious. Though I like the showing of this video, if only for the music and the guy's own reactions. lol