• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The next Musou i might try is the new Hyrule Warriors, since my brother is a big BOTW fan and will get this day 1 lol

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

For some fun trivia: Sophie's support skills shoots Puni rockets.

lmao

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And yes, they do exist in Atelier Sophie. XD

hopefully with a ''puni puni'' sound effect

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ryu, Gyakuten Saiban?

nani kore?

Edited by Shrimperor

If nothing else, Warriors All-Stars is probably the only game in existence where you can see Lu Bu and Mitsunari Ishida play volleyball together while a pureblooded demon watches them.
And yes, this is real:
qmMMka2.jpg

Just now, Shrimperor said:

lmao

hopefully with a ''puni puni'' sound effect

Sadly, no, as far as I can remember. XD

Just now, DragonFlames said:

If nothing else, Warriors All-Stars is probably the only game in existence where you can see Lu Bu and Mitsunari Ishida play volleyball together while a pureblooded demon watches them.
And yes, this is real:
qmMMka2.jpg

lmao

Sadly, no, as far as I can remember. XD

F

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

lmao

Lu Bu is the guy that goes: "I am the strongest ever! I exist to fight!" and has chronic backstabbing disorder. Also he appears as a Berserker in Fate.
Mitsunari Ishida is a male tsundere, and renowned for being a blunt asshole.
And both are more or less famous, historical warlords from China and Japan respectively.
That's what makes this so hilarious. XD

F

Sad times.

Okay, that settles it.
Next game I buy will be Atelier Firis.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't know if joke or serious, but just in case:

Gyakuten Saiban | vndb

He's Naruhodo Ryu in Japan.

Nyaruhodo

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Okay, that settles it.
Next game I buy will be Atelier Firis.

Is it the music or the girl xD

One can always trust Gust's music team

pls don't pull a Falcom on me

At least from the games that I've played from them that are out at this moment, I can alleviate your fears.
Though Blue Reflection's boss themes did go the dubstep route, which is a little sad, and honestly my only gripe with that game.
The rest of that game's OST is utterly gorgeous, though.

Edited by DragonFlames

Though Blue Reflection's boss themes did go the dubstep route, which is a little sad, and honestly my only gripe with that game.

Those wo Compose in the dark at it again

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Those wo Compose in the dark at it again

Yep.
Though it kinda fits, considering that the bosses look utterly otherworldly (see pictures in spoilers, which I made for size reasons), but I'm not a fan of that kind of music.

Spoiler

GWqKLSQ.jpg
3UIEN4K.jpg
PHhGkXw.jpgvRAny6a.jpg

The rest of the music is downright gorgeous, though. Especially the main theme.

And the memories are coming back.
Along with the tears. Damn it Gust, why did you do this to me?

Hakunon route when XD

---

On the topic of Blue Reflection:
NSLdeD9.jpg

This right here is why it's one of my top three games. XD
I'm kidding, of course; it's all the elements it has combined that make that game so great to me (mainly the story, characters, gameplay, all three of which I absolutely loved).

*clears throat*
I felt like gushing for a moment there.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Lmao

too scary

I wonder what would happen if a character like her - no, EXACTLY this character - was introduced into FE.
She is a "dragon loli", after all.
I think we'd need some popcorn. XD

Dope theme song, though:

And she was unironically one of my mains in Extella Link.
That's my shameful confession for the day. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Wait hang on, you want Supports to be how they were in the GBA era but then admitted that even the ones in the GBA era were too long but Supports for most of the series' life have been in the maps as opposed to the menu. So i'm confused, do you want in-chapter Supports or not?

It doesn't particularly matter to me WHEN the supports occur, actually. (Sorry about making it sound that way, though!) It's more about the length and amount-I liked SoV's supports a lot, as they were short and said what they needed to say, and I didn't have twelve to view every map. FE8 and FE6's lengths were also pretty good, but FE7's were rather lengthy. Sorry about not making it clear about what I was trying to say, though!

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you're willing to emulate, try Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation for GBA. It's and Original Generation 2 are the only ones with official North American translations, because they're free of licensing issues because all the characters are original creations by Banpresto, no actual anime involved.

SRW isn't exactly hard, and the plots are mecha anime melodrama with basically anime characters. But they can't be faulted for flashy attacks (although I'm questioning if the modern attacks are too flashy *gets stoned by an angry mecha mob*), the music can be nice, if a little repetitive. I found the GBA titles fun back in the day.

I will certainly check that out! (I mean, I use citra so I've sold out already in terms of emulation)

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

You do know that supports aren't viewed on the map in 3H, right?

...Why do I keep saying Map when I mean chapter?! I meant chapter, not map. Thank you for informing me anyways!

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

If anything, having the supports be viewable off the battlefield keeps them from detracting from the main gameplay, and you can instead connect with and learn about the characters at your base.

That's my problem, though. I like the GBA games, (well, FE8 and FE6) because they're fast-I pick up the game, read a few lines of dialogue then it's battle time. I like FE10 for the same reason, as it isn't too wordy most of the time.

My problem with Three Houses was that everything happened at the base-I do a few hours of prep work for a chapter, only to snap it in half with Ashe in a few minutes. (Sadly, this included Lonato. Nothing personal, Ashe.) On the topic at hand of Supports, I always felt overwhelmed by how many there were, to the point that I just stopped activating them and would just systematically read two or three every month. The other problem with the sheer amount of supports was the fact that they all tended to feel the same, particularly Bernadetta's. Their length, combined with how many I had to read, and how much more out of battle stuff that I had to do really made the prospect of reading the supports unsavory. (Unless the Byleth supports with Mercedes, Annette and the Dimitri/Mercedes ones are particularly long and I had uncanny luck.) I'm not gonna lie, I zoned out and started spamming the advance button after the second support and read as quickly as possible.

The fact that so much time was spent between each map made the game feel stagnant to me-any momentum gained by a catalystic event like the rebellion from the western church wore off by the second or third week, and I didn't really want to continue to bother raising up units and whatnot, but I had to if I wanted them to get anywhere-and the fact that I could beat the maps without looking at enemy ranges said something.

It really did feel like a lot of the stuff you could do was fluff with little sustenance behind it-I don't mind useless fluff in a game, but when it makes up a good three-quarters of it the game, I do mind. Berwick Saga also has line of dialogue after line of dialogue-but things still moved quicker-Berwick Saga actually did feel like the monastery, only put into a menu, and I wouldn't mind if future FEs did Garreg Mach the way Kaga did Navaron. You could interact with people, there were events, you could give food to your waifu units, etc. etc. It was just a lot more streamlined, and in my opinion, fun. There was characterization everywhere for everyone, but it didn't bog down the gameplay IMO. That's why I consider Berwick to be a masterpiece-It's fair, it's fun and the plot and cast are amazing. I'm hoping that I'll be able to say the same thing about Three houses...

Don't get me wrong, the first thing I'll do if I get a switch is play three houses, but in my sampling of the game, I'm not optimistic at all, as it has almost everything I don't want in an FE. (But at least the animations are fast so I can just zoom through the maps.)

Y'know, I'm sorta getting FE4 vibes from Three Houses in terms of replayablity-Tons of options to replay the game, but little desire to do so because of the investment involved.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

kDkckyB.jpg

Wait, ain't that the countess who murdered young girls and bathed in their blood to maintain her youth?!

Edited by Benice

I wonder what would happen if a character like her - no, EXACTLY this character - was introduced into FE.
She is a "dragon loli", after all.
I think we'd need some popcorn. XD

393462246430474241.png?v=1

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wait, ain't that the countess who murdered young girls and bathed in their blood to maintain her youth?!

She's the Hungarian noblewoman who still holds the Guiness World Record for most prolific female murderer, because apparently, that exists.

In Fate? She desperately wants to be an idol singer, her vocal theme song is about not wanting to be alone again, and in Fate Extella, she is basically a joke villain (who accidentally saves the world at the end), and in the sequel, Fate Extella Link, a very dependable ally.
Personally, I find her Fate incarnation to be a very fun character.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

393462246430474241.png?v=1

I love that pic. XD

Edited by DragonFlames