• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The good thing about FE10's endgame chapters was that they were so short. so perfect for me to learn LTCing. Aside of the first one I am able to oneturn all endgame maps. However for the final boss it's hard to get capped stats in hard mode due to low bonus experience. It took me more than 150 attempts to do it. Since I play on the console, I can't savestate easily to manipulate the RNG. 

Edited by Julian Teehee

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Right, i remember you saying that before.

And that's why demos need to be a thing, so one can see if they like a game or not!

Agreed 100%.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Ninty pls

XD

57 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, time to tackle Rebirth pt. 1. Laguz royals better carry me through.

Good luck! ^^

---

tfw I forgot this was a thing in Atelier Sophie:
SmivobJ.jpg

How and why did I forget this was a thing?!?

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks. I kind of find myself liking the rout maps more and more. Maybe I'm just weird.

Then I'm weird too, because I enjoy them as well. XD
*Kill every last one of them intensifies*
Always knew there's a reason Blue Lions is my favorite house, haha!

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Then I'm weird too, because I enjoy them as well. XD
*Kill every last one of them intensifies*
Always knew there's a reason Blue Lions is my favorite house, haha!

Anything for that sweet, sweet exp.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Alright, time to search for the Valkyria Chronicles and Odin Sphere demos!
Wish me luck!

Good luck!

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, time to tackle Rebirth pt. 1. Laguz royals better carry me through.

Hey, good luck! Don't die!

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Anything for that sweet, sweet exp.

Yep!
This is why the Cantors of Echoes never bothered me (except for that one dude that summons Necrodragons, of all things). It's free EXP, so I'm not complaining! XD

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Good luck!

Thanks!
Already played the VC4 demo, and discovered that it has third-person shooter-esque gameplay, which I'm not a fan of (but I liked pretty much everything else about it).
And Odin Sphere has no demos at all, which is a shame.

4 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I hope with Jill's introduction in gachaland today more fanart of her will be released. It's lacking on good fanart of her tbh.

This is the one advantage these gacha games have.

Beaten first Bowser in Super Mario 64.

Was not as terrifying as the Koopa race-

Could beat it in my first try (as anticipated) unless the Koopa race I needed ten tries for thanks to stupid camera changes.

This game is better to be played on a N64.

41 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is the one advantage these gacha games have.

not wrong

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And Odin Sphere, sadly, does not have any demos at all.

Sorry, I thought there was one, I read some people had played one.

For some basic gameplay footage in place of that.:

All battle areas (barring the occasional enemy in non-battle areas) are circular, you can run in one direction and end up where you started a few seconds later. Hence the name "Odin Sphere", the Odin half is there mostly to emphasize the Norse aspect to some of the story, though Odin himself is an important character. 

Besides Gwendolyn seen in the first half of this video and Oswald as shown in the second half, there are three other playable characters, Cornelius, Mercedes, and Velvet, each with their own separate story. Progression in this game goes Chapter Intro-Location filled with battles and rest areas between them-Boss Plot-Boss Battle-Chapter Conclusion.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry, I thought there was one, I read some people had played one.

No need for apologies!

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For some basic gameplay footage in place of that.:

All battle areas (barring the occasional enemy in non-battle areas) are circular, you can run in one direction and end up where you started a few seconds later. Hence the name "Odin Sphere", the Odin half is there mostly to emphasize the Norse aspect to some of the story, though Odin himself is an important character. 

Besides Gwendolyn seen in the first half of this video and Oswald as shown in the second half, there are three other playable characters, Cornelius, Mercedes, and Velvet, each with their own separate story. Progression in this game goes Chapter Intro-Location filled with battles and rest areas between them-Boss Plot-Boss Battle-Chapter Conclusion.

I'm really liking the aesthetics of this. Looks great!
And from what I see and from what you describe, it does look like something that might interest me. I've never played a game like this.
I'll look out for it when it goes on sale next time!

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Yep!
This is why the Cantors of Echoes never bothered me (except for that one dude that summons Necrodragons, of all things). It's free EXP, so I'm not complaining! XD

Free 8 exp!

I think the issues with Super Mario 64 are caused by my defective left joycon.

Checked out the price: new joycons (both sides) by Nintendo cost about 70 €, that's insane!

A third party one still costs the half which I still consider as really expensive.

...I don't know how good third party hardware is.

The only third party hardware I have, is a Gamecube controller by GameStop which is poorly made, but was still good to make FE9 playable.

2 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I think the issues with Super Mario 64 are caused by my defective left joycon.

Checked out the price: new joycons (both sides) by Nintendo cost about 70 €, that's insane!

A third party one still costs the half which I still consider as really expensive.

...I don't know how good third party hardware is.

The only third party hardware I have, is a Gamecube controller by GameStop which is poorly made, but was still good to make FE9 playable.

Might not be you, they could have translated the controls poorly as well, wouldnt surprise me one bit if they did.

That game runs smooth on N64, so its not the game, for sure.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Might not be you, they could have translated the controls poorly as well, wouldnt surprise me one bit if they did.

That game runs smooth on N64, so its not the game, for sure.

I was talking about the digital Switch port which was released today.

There Mario makes some little steps on his own, even if he's not controlled, so it has to be something wrong on my joycon (left one).

I can't remember having any control issues with the N64 version either.

Edited by Julian Teehee

12 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

I played a bit Super Mario 64 for Switch. The controls are so bad, that's not even fun anymore. I can't do the long jumps properly and the camera angle is changing for some reason ingame without pressing any buttons. I could not even do the first Koopa race due to that.

I have no idea how this is possible when i played up to the first Bowser level in Mario 64 with no issues except for maybe camera but Mario 64's camera has always been kinda stinky.

But after reading your other posts, it does seem like it's Joy-Con drift.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The PS4 version is also 10€ cheaper for some reason.

Yeah, this happens sometimes. Doom 2016 is like $20 on every platform except Switch, where it's still $60.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

they could have translated the controls poorly as well, wouldnt surprise me one bit if they did.

The controls are fine. I'm most surprised with Galaxy, where playing with the Pro Controller is very smooth and using it to aim the pointer isn't awkward at all.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The controls are fine. I'm most surprised with Galaxy, where playing with the Pro Controller is very smooth and using it to aim the pointer isn't awkward at all.

That's good to hear. I was interested to see how well Galaxy specifically would translate to the Pro controller.

Edited by twilitfalchion