• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Third HP bar down!

You know, the extra HP bars certainly makes them feel like the early SRW bosses that would cast Guts at certain thresholds, effectively lengthening the fight via extra HP. Or as a way to circumvent the integer cap.

The second phase is going way smoother now that i've forged and inherited.

It is now apparent that there is a difficulty spike in the final map because, as i've said before, no previous map made me feel like i had to do that to stand a chance.

Aight i'll leave things here. I will finish this game tomorrow (or later today, it's past midnight). For real this time.

......no but seriously, how the fuck did equipping a few skills and forging turn the battle completely on it's head? Do i still consider the map to be stinky now? Because now it's apparent that it really is just a big difficulty spike. But damn it's so much harder if you don't do the thing you could get away with not doing for 25 chapters. Idk how to feel.

At least the optimal strat is Draconic Hex. Lesson of the day.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, gonna admit, on Normal, I could beat this without taking down the barrier once. Only took me six turns, even.

You also had the DLC too, which probably makes things easier (Emblem Tiki is like the strongest Emblem i hear).

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

MacStone-220619-5779-Mac-Stone.jpg?w=636

Noctilum is real...🤩

Oh crap it's Florida.

Yeah in Lake Okeechobee in the center there's a giant robot that kills you if you get too close.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

You also had the DLC too, which probably makes things easier (Emblem Tiki is like the strongest Emblem i hear).

True. Still, with a +5 forged Wille Glanz I was shaving off half the HP bar. So with Seadall dancing that was a full HP bar down in just three actions.

I also had Diamant+Ike and Alfred+Roy shaving off half the life bar each too with Ragnel and Binding Blade. Granted, this was when I had defeated

Spoiler

three of the initial four Dark Emblems,

but still.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So, naturally, I got Alear's paired ending with Ivy. Interesting thing I read about the Japanese version of it:

Spoiler

Apparently it states that Elusia began worshipping the Divine Dragon. Granted, it'd be a given they'd at least stop worshipping Sombron considering what happened and all; but actually taking to worshipping Alear, the implication being due to how close their Queen became with them, is something that localization removed... for some reason. Then again... Treehouse...

Also, yes, finally, I can rest in peace regarding the piano!

Well, that was it. At least, until the rest of the DLC arrives. In the meantime... there's always SRW, heh.

... yeah, I won't deny it, I still stand about what I mentioned before regarding not wanting to play through the story again. And yes, it's because of that one thing. Is it petty? I guess, but it really REALLY bothered me so. It's a shame, because otherwise I enjoyed this from start to finish. Ah well. Engage will still be played with, no worries there. Definitely recommend it... not that here needs to be told that, heh.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

r8io2s37pgga1.png?width=361&format=png&a

The ring polishing minigame is fucking hilarious.

I am so happy it is completely pointless and I get proficiencies from whacking the emblems instead.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Saint Rubenio now that i think about it, i think you got the attacks mixed up

Spoiler

There was no range indicator, but there were visual and sound effects around Sombron when he prepared to Disengage.

...Did you skip EPs here? That might be the problem. Not that I'm blaming you, that is the kind of thing that shouldn't be skippable, but still.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

HE DID IT AGAIN! HE FUCKING DID IT AGAIN! AND THIS TIME I WAS STALLING TRYING TO GET MY UNITS IN POSITION FOR WHEN THE BARRIER GOES DOWN AND HE DID IT AGAIN! I HAVE PROOF

Hide contents

There was no warning at all that he was gonna do this again. No visual indicator, nada. 

So if the barrier goes down, he'll Disengage and if it doesn't and you take too long, he does it anyways because fuck you for trying to play the game. 

This is actually fucking dogshit man HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO FOCUS ON SOMBRON AND HIS BARRIER WHEN I HAVE 50 FLIER REINFORCEMENTS BREATHING DOWN MY NECK EVERY FUCKING TURN

Either make the enemies way less strong or space out the reinforcements by like five turns or some shit, this is absolutely ridiculous.

ergeofgreat.jpg

It warns me each time he's gonna do his laser beam attack but not the thing that could actually kill a strategy.

Okay, yes, that"s true. There are no effects there.

...huh. I wonder what happened there. That looks more like an oversight/bug than anything else to me.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Do i have to turtle? Do i have to go around in a fucking loop grouped together until the barrier is down? Is that the play? Am i dumb for daring to split the party in two like the map is leading you to?

I don't know what to tell you. I did split the party, in fact I had my forced spread thin around the map. I still was able to murder him on the second wave, long before he could do the funny a second time. Heck, the only reason he didn't fall, or at least got severely weakened, the first time was that I wanted content for Youtube lol

Not trying to be snarky here, don't get me wrong, but I'm genuinely surprised you're having this much trouble.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Holy... you guys already saw the news of the earthquakes in Turkey!?

Oh dear, what happened?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

.....no but seriously, how the fuck did equipping a few skills and forging turn the battle completely on it's head? Do i still consider the map to be stinky now? Because now it's apparent that it really is just a big difficulty spike. But damn it's so much harder if you don't do the thing you could get away with not doing for 25 chapters. Idk how to feel.

At least the optimal strat is Draconic Hex. Lesson of the day.

Huh... I did forge, I had a good few forged and all the engravements assigned. But I used inheritance like, three times in the game. And the only time it actually mattered was when I gave the old man Wrath. Etie didn't use the Vantage I gave her a single time in the game.

Oh, right, last Friday the Prologue of the Engage Manga adaptation was released at Jump magazine. I wonder if there's a way to see it in full.

5a00e392da8d4a077b5336ae4ff6547c.jpg

Either that's not taking place in present day or they decided to make the twins quite... smol. Or it's instead Tallder. Or it's just the perspective playing tricks.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Damn... That's terrible. My heart goes out to the Turkish people.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, right, last Friday the Prologue of the Engage Manga adaptation was released at Jump magazine. I wonder if there's a way to see it in full.

5a00e392da8d4a077b5336ae4ff6547c.jpg

Either that's not taking place in present day or they decided to make the twins quite... smol. Or it's instead Tallder. Or it's just the perspective playing tricks.

T A L L D A D

seeing that reminds me of Alear/Framme A-support

As cheery as she makes it out to be, it's incredibly sad when you think about it lol

Spoiler

That sleeping Dude/tte being her only speaking partner since Vandad took her under his wing

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

I have just discovered that by I only getting to Etie/Panette B, I fell just short of witnessing Etie drop this line.

Spoiler

bt49mGIx_o.png

Oof.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

seeing that reminds me of Alear/Framme A-support

As cheery as she makes it out to be, it's incredibly sad when you think about it lol

Hide contents

That sleeping Dude/tte being her only speaking partner since Vandad took her under his wing

I liked her support with Vandad. It's weird, because Framme is in it, but it's also really wholesome.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I liked her support with Vandad. It's weird, because Framme is in it, but it's also really wholesome.

There's something behind all that simping

But simping is her religion poor girl lol

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

There's something behind all that simping

But simping is her religion poor girl lol

Framme's neat, if you are able to look past "the Divine Dragon is so shiny when she sweats."

Honestly, characters in general ks I believe the aspect of Engage people will look at more kindly as time goes on. I really don't see what's so wrong with this game's characters, and a lot of the "characters are one-dimensional" complaints feel more knee-jerk than other criticisms.

Like, sure, Bunet exists. He's the one everyone is always bringing up as an example of this. So what? Raphael existed too. So did Bernadetta and everyone loves that one. The character writing is not bad, they just get a bit less of it than the previous game, more in line with past FEs.