Tempest Trials+: Summer Two-Piece

I got all of the non Summer bonus units so I'm free to go with whoever I wish. I'll probably go with Lucina to max her HM because she's been sitting on the bench for far too long while Mia and Lute still see decent use in Forging Bonds/AA/etc. 

Palm staff is really nice. I'll keep it in mind if I ever wish to +10 a healer. Rhys is...eh, at least his art is great.

As for the seals, the Brazen collection keeps expanding which is great because I love that line of skills. Sorcery Blade on the S-slot is certainly going to make it more useful, but I still believe it is far too niche with it's conditions. If you need to be adjacent to a mage to make it work you're better off using the mage to kill the enemy, unless we're talking about supports like Peony/L!IAzura but even then it is a better idea to bring another mage to nuke stuff.

Until I get Rhys, I'm stuck with either OG Mia or OG Lucina. Which I don't really want to have to use at all... But at least it won't take long to get the 4 star Rhys, I guess. I do rather like Selena though, so I decided to try a few pulls for her. And pull blue in a non-green session. But I didn't get her or even Lute. 😞

Lucina will be my bonus unit until I get Rhys. Then I will use him until his HM maxes and then I will probably fodder his staff off to someone, maybe Elise could use his staff well.

Sorcery Blade as a seal could be neat on some units. Still waiting to see if Guard ever gets made into a seal.

Thankfully I pulled a Lute in the first circle for the summer banner. Will need to eventually pull another one because +HP -spd is bad, but at least she'll get Tempest bonuses.

Also, Lute + mirror impact is fun.

this is gonna be tough sledding. 
I'm going to be using Lucy, Camus, Groom Hinata and Midori right now (and somehow make due without a healer) then ditch lucy once i get Rhys as I want to murder both Midori and and Rhys by the end of this tempest. Norne and Serra are hungry hungry. 

I will more than likely give the second Rhys to Priscilla  I think that staff along with Atk/Spd Solo 3(and potentially 4) would be amazing on her. 

Lute demanded that I use her, so I shall.  Will most likely run one of the herons in place of a proper staffbot.  Once I get Rhys, I'll use him.

Hmm so, I'm trying to understand why everyone's so happy about the palm tree. It debuffs, and it's a ranged staff (which is cool for having heal reach) but I think I'm not quite grasping why that's so awesome.

I...actually don't like Rhys's voice. Yeah, I expected him to have something kinda high pitched. But he sounds like a kid. Raigh, Roy, and Wolt sound older than him. Though I do think Raigh in particular sounds too old. Lugh might as well being his twin, but I only pulled him once and I turned him into a manual immediately because his IVs were bad, so I don't really remember his voice. But anyway, Rhys should not sound younger than a few young teenagers. He's in his mid twenties at least. He has to be, since he saved Titania a bunch of years before the events of PoR began.

Edited by Anacybele

26 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Hmm so, I'm trying to understand why everyone's so happy about the palm tree. It debuffs, and it's a ranged staff (which is cool for having heal reach) but I think I'm not quite grasping why that's so awesome.

Healers are lacking in ways to increase their offensive stats, since aside from Prfs on folks like Brave Camilla, staves don't give additional combat bonuses most of the time, and they can't inherit a lot of boosting A skills/seals like blow skills. Palm tree is inheritable and is effectively +5 spd(since an attacking staff user will always be in range of their own debuffs), and while -Res would be superior to -Atk since dazzle means staves don't take counters anyway, although it does let them EP mages a bit better(or archers/daggers I guess, but most staves have higher res than defense), even the speed boost alone is valuable since raw stat increases for staves are uncommon. That it also makes your tanks tankier if they're fighting nearby the staff user is a nice bonus.

You give up the extra effects of stuff like gravity or melancholy in order to have a better offense on your staff user.

Then I remembered Forrest.

Team is Mirabilis, Summer Lute, Christmas Lissa, and Forrest.  Christmas Lissa with DC + Mirabilis is hilarious.

Rhys sounds so fragile, it’s adorable! I love him! I would build him under more resourceful conditions, but alas, I think he’ll stay at +1. 

Anyway, Harmonized Mia is indeed my bonus, with Male Morgan, Ross and Naesala grinding their SP. I might switch to Selena soon though so I can work on getting Niles some SP.

19 hours ago, Ether said:

Healers are lacking in ways to increase their offensive stats, since aside from Prfs on folks like Brave Camilla, staves don't give additional combat bonuses most of the time, and they can't inherit a lot of boosting A skills/seals like blow skills. Palm tree is inheritable and is effectively +5 spd(since an attacking staff user will always be in range of their own debuffs), and while -Res would be superior to -Atk since dazzle means staves don't take counters anyway, although it does let them EP mages a bit better(or archers/daggers I guess, but most staves have higher res than defense), even the speed boost alone is valuable since raw stat increases for staves are uncommon. That it also makes your tanks tankier if they're fighting nearby the staff user is a nice bonus.

You give up the extra effects of stuff like gravity or melancholy in order to have a better offense on your staff user.

Hi Ether! =D It's been a while; great to hear from you again!

As for the explanation, thanks! I think I understand it a little better. Hmm sounds like it could be interesting...I'm going to have to try it out.