Jump to content
daisy jane

August's Legendary + Double Special Heroes Speculation: Say Goodbye to Your Orbs

Recommended Posts

Hullo, Hullo, Hullo! A Lot to Unpack, so Let's Get Started!

q9971u6cj0e51.png

Altina and her boys Ike and Roy have divorced, but all three have been punted into 2021. So if you want any of them, this would (clearly, obviously be the best time to do so). Eir is in October - Legend locking it up. Hel will be with Edelgard in October (a three month stint for the both of them, I'm gathering the game is going back to a 90 day return for newest Mythics/Legendaries instead of the 120 day hiatus as Hel is in deed 90. If Edelgard is on your radar at all - i would prepare for October because I think Edelgard would then be shifted to 120 days). Tiki is November, Fjorm is gonna be at home with a return in cold February. 

Altina being moved to a 6 month span (already). is Surprising but this November she will be a year old. So it looks (if we want to try to guess anything) - the game is giving you two-three chances for a "quick" chance a them - and then moving most to a six month span  to try to create more space for regular Heroes? We'll see as time goes by. 
 

August going into September is going to be such an Orb Drain - if it's not the Special Banner, it's CYL (Fodder or +10ing). and if it's not that it's 1/2 Anniversary and if its not that - it's Double Special Heroes time. (September will have Heir's of Light  respark, a New Hero Banner). much going on. 

And as we can see - August's banner is looking pretty darn good. 

Red:
Eirika
Hrid
???


I would plant Midori right here - which in my estimation makes Red pretty damned solid. Spendthrift Bow/Close Foil is amazing fodder for every archer in the game bar none  (and with Julian giving us another option for close foil - that's basically what I would do. save Midori for archers, stock up on Julians for anyone else who would benefit from it). If Midori happens to have a Heroes W/Banner we're looking at Fallen Julia

(Fodder: Atk/Spd Solo 3, DC, spendthrift bow/close foil/double rally+ or atk/res solo 4/panic smoke)

 

Blue
Naga
Julia
???


Nils slides very nicely here.(if there is no repeat on CYL banners - Brave Eliwood - he that was skipped can slide in here as well). 
(fodder - AR-O atk/spd & Chill spd,  Mirror Impact & Atk/res oath, Even Pulse tie/Infantry Pulse or Swift Sparrow 3, Spd Opening, Atk/Spd Ruse, Rally Atk/Def+)

Green
Gunnthra
Hector
???


Rinkah. Easy. 

(Fodder; Res Ploy/Fortress Res, DC/Vengeful Fighter,  Distant Foil/Wrath 3/Even Def Wave)

Colourless
Bramimond 
Mila
???


Bernadetta slides in here (or does she?)

(Fodder: Atk/Def Push 4 & Lul Atk/Res, Bracing Stance 3/Sabo Atk, Def Res,+, Atk/Spd Push 4/Lull Spd/Def & Close Guard). 


So the question is - what is August's Legendary Hero going to be? 
I'm picking  Colourless (because it's so freaking stacked) and I am picking Claude to be our Colourless Wind Pair up.

And now everyone is going BUT CYL! Yeah. CYL. but I don't think really that would matter. 
It's just a theory but this is what i'm going with, showing my work
We've had Chrom(Blue/Water), Edelgard (Green/Fire), Seliph (Red/Earth) So Colourless/Wind makes sense here. 
Claude - Verdant Wind  - Failnaught Bow. (If October wasn't legendary locked i would have pushed him there - and truthfully that lines up for Dimitri being  set for October/December (water season), having all 3H Lords done in the year). However if it's not Claude  - I'm going for once again Legendary Staff Unit. It's time. and I'd reckon it's Elincia.or Male Corrin.

----------------------

Double Special Heroes also Returns this month and we're looking at Valentine's and Spring Festival Special Heroes with one exception. 

Red:
NY!Anna, Spring!Idunn


Blue
V!Rudulf, Spring!Narcian
 (4* focus does apply here)

Green
V!Alm, 
Spring!Fir

Colourless

V!Faye .......
Spring Bruno/Picnic Genny

Fodder Wise
Double Rally/Fortune Bow (Temari Like Bow), Stance 4 Skill (Sturdy Stance 3), Lull Atk/Spd & Rouse Spd/3, Atk/Spd Solo & Air Orders, Tier 4 C Skill (Threaten Atk/Def), Gilt Fork, Impact Bow/DB4 and..well. Healer Food. 

I really don't think they are gonna lump three duos on one banner. So i'm going seasonally what would make the most sense for this banner. and it's either Spring Bruno/Picnic Genny came to mind (I'm leaning more towards Bruno than I am Genny).  I think.. (really) the only true tossup is them doing something funky w/Red. October will be the Start of it All/Brides combination and so the big question is who does Caeda share with. Marth (again) or Bride Oboro (or even Summer Joshua). Sooner or later the 4* Focus units are gonna double up anyway. so... these banners might not just a Lump "here's the entire banner" either but more mixing. we'll have to see. 


They are coming for our orbs. (I didn't even address Sothis's weird placement. you know it's gonna be something. awesome). 
Be ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Valentine's Conrad? Wouldn't he be in the October Double Special Heroes banner, according to your projections?

Also, according to all this, my orbs are pretty safe for new banners. None of these really tempt me. ...Unlike this month's mythic banner. x_x I don't have the orbs for this, but I really want Hel and if I can get Thrasir or Edelgard (aka, armor fodder) as a bonus, great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

What about Valentine's Conrad? Wouldn't he be in the October Double Special Heroes banner, according to your projections?

Valentine Conrad was in June's Double Special Banner.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Claude fans would have a very very legitimate reason to be upset if he is the Legendary of this month.  Having to choose between your favorite character two premier versions in the same month? I think there is to much pr backlash potential from this that it really makes me think it shouldn't happen. Also I think IS knows this so my guess for colorless is we finally get a staff unit of some kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I think Claude fans would have a very very legitimate reason to be upset if he is the Legendary of this month.  Having to choose between your favorite character two premier versions in the same month? I think there is to much pr backlash potential from this that it really makes me think it shouldn't happen. Also I think IS knows this so my guess for colorless is we finally get a staff unit of some kind.

Why? I mean. all it means is Legendary Claude is a thing. So you can wait. (Not to mention CYL Claude will have a Hero Fest at some point in the game). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't expect any of the house leaders as Legendary Heroes next month. But October could be a great place for Legendary Dimitri, since there are 2 empty slots in the blue pool.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Why? I mean. all it means is Legendary Claude is a thing. So you can wait. (Not to mention CYL Claude will have a Hero Fest at some point in the game). 

Its still worse for Claude then both Dimtri and Edelgard if he comes out this month. Dimtri isn't out yet but at least people who like him will have at least two months time to recover and farm orbs between cyl and his Legendary version.  Dedicated Claude fans would have to spend far more orbs in a shorter period of time.  Even if you are not a whale and only going for one copy of each can cause you not to get one or the other.  That month or twos time is more wallet friendly both for IS and the user.  As the company IS risks losing the income they would get from the people going for + 10 of both if they tap there wallets without giving more pay periods to recover. The same applies to unlucky people who are just going for a single copy of both on a smaller scale of course.

And sure reruns are a thing but a lot of people like getting copies of units on there initial release not waiting for a rerun. Also just saying the three houses leaders are money makers. August is a money making month from CYL it makes more sense to me to make another month have a big time money maker in it than pin all your hopes on August.

Edited by vikingsfan92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Why? I mean. all it means is Legendary Claude is a thing. So you can wait. (Not to mention CYL Claude will have a Hero Fest at some point in the game). 

With the current situation, where Legendary and Mythic Heroes are taking about 6 months to reappear (Altina for example, only in February now), players will have less chances to go for their favorites. Yeah, they will have more time to save for them, but all these orbs can go to others things like a seasonal version of the same character, or another hero being introduced that is also that person's favorite.

With that said, the only Three Houses Legendary I could see happening in August is Byleth, but I still don't know if we will see a 3H Legendary next month.

Honestly, I would like a hero from Fates, since Azura was a long time ago. Give me Xander or Corrin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't think double Claude would make much sense. 

Eirika, Brammimond, and Julia are the August reruns I'm missing. I really want the first two, so I hope they show up alongside other units I want. 

For the double special banner, I already have Anna, Narcian, and Alm, so I don't expect anything to be a particularly good deal for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plz gimme flying healer Elincia already if it isn't going to be wyvern riding time skip Claude. I want that so bad.

Though I also have to pull red for Hrid to finish merging him, so I'd be happy if it is Claude and he's a red bow. We DO need red legendaries that aren't swords for a change...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually even with normal banners I don't think there have been competing versions of the same character being out at the same time other than one of them being a rerun or tempest trial banner. So I think IS has already been avoiding the same hero being in the same month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Plz gimme flying healer Elincia already if it isn't going to be wyvern riding time skip Claude. I want that so bad.

Though I also have to pull red for Hrid to finish merging him, so I'd be happy if it is Claude and he's a red bow. We DO need red legendaries that aren't swords for a change...

as much as I am team coloured range. Claude is one unit i wouldn't want to be a red bow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

as much as I am team coloured range. Claude is one unit i wouldn't want to be a red bow. 

We haven't yet had a legendary red bow though, while we've gotten two blue and one green. And I don't see any legendary unit being a red tome user, so the only viable way I see to finally get a non-sword red legendary at this point is to make Claude a red bow. Especially since we'll also inevitably get a red sword legendary Byleth to bloat that red sword pool even more...

However, I can also understand making Claude colorless so the red pool in general isn't bloated more. So I'd be fine with whatever color he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We haven't yet had a legendary red bow though, while we've gotten two blue and one green. And I don't see any legendary unit being a red tome user, so the only viable way I see to finally get a non-sword red legendary at this point is to make Claude a red bow. Especially since we'll also inevitably get a red sword legendary Byleth to bloat that red sword pool even more...

However, I can also understand making Claude colorless so the red pool in general isn't bloated more. So I'd be fine with whatever color he is.

Byleth also has magic. she(he)  could wield a Tome (and the other wields sublime creator sword). 

truthfully. (this is just me) i'm not really caring if we get more swords. most heroes/lords have swords. they missed their shot with making a lot of the OCs swords (but even then. don't really care) - and it's simply due to the fact in my head, you pick the ones you like, fodder the rest (which is why it seems most of the red units have tier 4 skills, dc, and the like so if you do get them. it's pretty easily good to go). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

That is true. i could see the grumpy
yeah it might be Fates. Azura is over two years old (this december). so it's time.

I hope not. Green Xander showing up now would be really bad. The green pool is ass due to Gunnthra and Hector for me and i need to focus on colorless. and then there is CYL.

Cant we just throw Staff Micaiah in there? Noone will notice it with the amount of Versions she has. Or any other char from the Ike games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I do want a Micaiah legendary, and she deserves one (being a protagonist), I'd prefer she wait. I don't want her getting more hate for her alts, even if this is one of the most justified ones. Her legendary can wait. Hopefully, when she does come, she will be a staff legendary. We have a dearth of those!

If Micaiah's next alt is, say, early 2021, she'd be fairly spaced out. And the legendary should be the last alt. She's got enough seasonals.

So if we're getting another colorless legendary, I'd be thrilled if it was staff Micaiah, but another legendary is probably safer for her popularity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Venmi said:

While I do want a Micaiah legendary, and she deserves one (being a protagonist), I'd prefer she wait. I don't want her getting more hate for her alts, even if this is one of the most justified ones. Her legendary can wait. Hopefully, when she does come, she will be a staff legendary. We have a dearth of those!

If Micaiah's next alt is, say, early 2021, she'd be fairly spaced out. And the legendary should be the last alt. She's got enough seasonals.

So if we're getting another colorless legendary, I'd be thrilled if it was staff Micaiah, but another legendary is probably safer for her popularity.

This, and Elincia also deserves a legendary version and she has fewer alts than Micaiah now. She may not be as popular, but Tellius is still far overdue for another legendary and Elincia's only actual alt came quite some time ago. Ike was the first non-OC legendary over two years ago now and we STILL have not seen another Tellius legendary since. And I think Lincy would do pretty well for IS money-wise if she got a pretty good kit and use as a rare flying healer.

Also, regardless of what character it is, I really do not want to see anymore spamming of them like with Camilla and Lyn. Even if it's one of my favorites. I wouldn't want my favorites to start getting hated. Or for me to actually tire of them.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Byleth also has magic. she(he)  could wield a Tome (and the other wields sublime creator sword). 

truthfully. (this is just me) i'm not really caring if we get more swords. most heroes/lords have swords. they missed their shot with making a lot of the OCs swords (but even then. don't really care) - and it's simply due to the fact in my head, you pick the ones you like, fodder the rest (which is why it seems most of the red units have tier 4 skills, dc, and the like so if you do get them. it's pretty easily good to go). 

Yeah, but would IS really give Byleth some random tome when the possibility of a stronger Sword of the Creator is there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Othin said:

The likelihood of this being wind element seems like it'd rule out Micaiah and Xander.

Oh yeah, that's true too. Xander would surely be Fire to be opposite to Ryoma's Water. And I think Micaiah most fits Earth. Elincia and Claude both ought to be Wind, so I'm definitely predicting one of them. Elincia being Wind would complement Ike's Earth because they're kinda opposite, much like their affinities were in their own games. Heaven and Earth!

Speaking of which, could the music "Between Heaven and Earth" from TH be a small reference to them? I like to pretend it is, in any case. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, that's true too. Xander would surely be Fire to be opposite to Ryoma's Water. And I think Micaiah most fits Earth. Elincia and Claude both ought to be Wind, so I'm definitely predicting one of them. Elincia being Wind would complement Ike's Earth because they're kinda opposite, much like their affinities were in their own games. Heaven and Earth!

Speaking of which, could the music "Between Heaven and Earth" from TH be a small reference to them? I like to pretend it is, in any case. 😛

Yeah, Elincia seems like one of the best remaining wind fits. Although I wouldn't have considered Eliwood a good wind fit and he got it anyway, so who knows.

Another wind option is Takumi, if they want to return to Fates and don't mind doing another Hoshido legendary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am guessing that legendary will be colorless. Tome or Staff? I will probably spend her -- I want a Bramimond regardless. 

Nils I also think will be the final blue. Unless there is an IP banner, I don't see him being reran in some form anytime soon, otherwise. 

I want to say Midori will be red, but I also would not be surprised if someone like Mareeta pops up despite being reran in some form already.

Green looks disastrous... Rinkah might fit right in, though.

September... a bit early to call, but I feel like we could see someone red there. Plumeria? We'll probably "defeat" her at long last in that month's story chapter a la Thrasir. IS is kind enough to never put new Legendaries or Mythics on completely dud lineups, and Lif and Seliph are both new, popular hot picks.

October does look like a Dimitri shoe-in. That'd make it, what, 6 months since Edie's release? Perfect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are mostly done with dragons that could be legendary other than maybe the Immaculate One from three houses right? (could be mythic though) I guess they could make Nagi Legendary but most of the others are probably more mythic realm probably.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colorless is super stacked. If I was IS, I'd put Claude there 100%. If not him, Staff Micaiah still is a thing that could happen, I guess, but considering she just got a Duo, may not be her. I wouldn't mind Staff Corrin but I feel like Corrin would be Water. Claude just fits the best there, but we'll see what IS decides to do. 

Regardless, I wouldn't mind pulling Colorless and Blue here. I don't have Brammi or Julia yet and could use merges for the other two. Though chances of spending are low if CYL ends up being a battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...