The Best Video Game Ship Competition - Sigurd x Deirdre are Mr. and Mrs. Serenes!

null

Ike and Elincia! Easily one of the best pairings a Fire Emblem localization team ever wrote! Their dynamic is fantastic, as shown so many times in the game, including: the moment Elincia tells Ike, "Give them... a sound thrashing!", the time Ike refers to Elincia by name (rather than by title) when ranting at Empress Sanaki about how she was treating Elincia, the moment they both reminisce about how long its been since they left Crimea (a moment Ranulf tries and fails to avoid interrupting because of how romantic he considers it), and so many other great moments that others like @Anacybele would probably describe better than I would, like the ending cinematic when Ike reassures Elincia that she will be a great queen and they hold hands as they head out to greet the Crimean citizenry. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Let's go selfcest!

I was going to make a joke like that, but I felt it would be too vulgar.

6 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

ANNETTE AND DEDUE ALL THE WAY! They make each other better people and obviously care about each other a heck ton, plus similar interests 😊

But have they ran together naked before? (Well "Japanese soul nudity", their real physical bodies weren't nude at the time, don't ask.)

Fei and Elly have what you say and more. Stuck in a PS1 game that'll never get the remake it deserves.

Oh, and for my third vote, IkexElincia, to counter my IkexSoren earlier.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But have they ran together naked before? (Well "Japanese soul nudity", their real physical bodies weren't nude at the time, don't ask.)

Fei and Elly have what you say and more. Stuck in a PS1 game that'll never get the remake it deserves.

So do Annette and Dedue! They don’t need to run together naked to have obvious love!

29 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Ike and Elincia! Easily one of the best pairings a Fire Emblem localization team ever wrote! Their dynamic is fantastic, as shown so many times in the game, including: the moment Elincia tells Ike, "Give them... a sound thrashing!", the time Ike refers to Elincia by name (rather than by title) when ranting at Empress Sanaki about how she was treating Elincia, the moment they both reminisce about how long its been since they left Crimea (a moment Ranulf tries and fails to avoid interrupting because of how romantic he considers it), and so many other great moments that others like @Anacybele would probably describe better than I would, like the ending cinematic when Ike reassures Elincia that she will be a great queen and they hold hands as they head out to greet the Crimean citizenry. 

Yeah, it's a shame that this pairing ended up not actually meant to be a thing by IS (when you look at RD...). It seems the localization might have assumed they would be and were like "let's make them a bit more shippy!" Maybe in a remake though, IS will add the possibility in. They are popular to a degree, and definitely more so than Geoffrey x Elincia as far as I've seen. Sure, Ike and Soren are well liked as well, but they've got an ending already, even if it's more ambiguous about whether it's platonic or romantic. I wouldn't mind an Ike x Elincia ending being ambiguous or platonic either.

Even RD had one notable moment I'd consider kinda romantic though. Unfortunately, it requires Elincia falling in part 4 Endgame. She says "My noble Ike... All your plans..."

Your noble Ike? Damn, Elincia. XD

There's also apparently some cut text from the English version where they're talking and Ike pauses and says "Crimea has itself a fine ruler" though. Also neat, even if this one isn't really as out there as the line I just talked about.

Edited by Anacybele

Ladies and gentleman, I come to you today with why Annette and Dedue need your vote to claim their rightful place as best video game ship. Here is what goes down in their supports and ending: (Spoilers for those who want to experience them for themselves (which they can easily be watched on YouTube))

Spoiler

Picture this: An accidental kitchen explosion, with smoke and food everywhere, right before meal time. This is the situation clumsy little Annette finds herself in one fine day in Three Houses, flustered and panicked without an idea of what to do next. Then suddenly, as if out of thin air, a tall, broad shouldered man appears to check on her, help her clean up, and help her make another meal, all for little personal benefit. This is the first on screen interaction between Annette and Dedue, their C support, in Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Annette is understandably pretty wowed. So of course to initiate their B support, Annette walks right up to Dedue to thank him.

Dedue pulls the modest card, but Annette says the meal he made was amazing and that he deserves all the praise in the world (these quotes are word for word), all while smiling ear to ear. Clearly she has a high opinion of him. Dedue then reveals that the meal wasn't good enough for him, and that no meal will be until it makes his lord Dimitri smile. Annette is quick to try and cheer him up though. She then she would love for him to teach her! Fast forward through a little talk about how Annette can improve, and their B support comes to an end.

Their B+support (yes that's right, the writers put in more than they had to) and Annette and Dedue are spending time together. Who would have guessed? One of them appears to be helping the other with stable duty, however Dedue frightens the horse causing it to cover them both in hay. He is deeply sorrowful for the trouble he caused her (gee, I wonder why). Annette smiles and giggles thinking about, clearly showing she had fun with him. Dedue apologizes again, and Annette is once again quick to try and cheer him back up, saying he really shouldn't be a sad, in a concerned tone herself. She even references his own teachings to her about being less clumsy and "scatterbrained". Once he is picked back up, they have some cleaning to do, and Annette remarks how fast it would go if the two work together. When he apologizes again, she remarks how happy she would be to help HIM out. Fast forward through more dialogue, and when Annette says it'll be nice knowing he has her back, he actually smiles! It's not huge, but for the typically somber Dedue, this is a huge thing that Annette caused to happen. He talks about how she's changed (showing he's paying some attention to her) and then says he'll rely on her too. That's the end of this support conversation.

Their A support opens with Annette running into the kitchen in a frenzy, thinking it's her turn to cook that day. However, Dedue is there and lets her know that it is actually his turn today. He even says when hers is, showing he's even paying attention to her schedule or what she tells him. She's giggling and smiling, telling Dedue it's because she's happy. She shows a bit of vulnerability revealing a bit of her backstory, saying that Dedue makes her feel like it's okay for her to make mistakes and be imperfect, clearly appreciating him. ("I'm just so happy! [*giggles*] Thank you, Dedue.") She then says that he looks really scary (look at that size difference) but is actually really kind, showing how he's grown on her. And Mr. barely any emotion smiles at her compliment. After expressing a wish to help with his cooking, Annette is told that she won't be in the way when cooking, something she isn't used to. Dedue says that he was specifically hoping to bring a smile to her face with the dish. Annette giggles, and then Dedue smiles AND blushes, looking away. This is a lot for the guy that barely emotes, and Annette giggles saying she can't wait for dinnertime, with a big smile herself. And Dedue is STILL smiling. Clearly she's turned Dedue into a big softy. This is the note on which their last support ends.

ff009ec815c339daa3412225302ae7e97422b5d6r1-1280-720v2_hq.jpg.f1e8fe7bdda96dc2dd704661c9c1a807.jpg

This is their paired ending, showing that they can live together happily ever after. Isn't it cute? I know that's not rare for Fire Emblem, but that doesn't make this ship any less great.

It's clear that these fast friends have fallen for each other, from Dedue's first sweep in to help, to Annette's clear admiration, to having a blast helping at the stable, to Dedue blushing and smiling saying he wants to make Annette smile, Annette's smile and giggle in response, and her laughter throughout. She teaches him to bare emotions, and he teaches her it's okay to be imperfect. Vote for these two today to show your support for the best video game ship, or at least a ship superior to Fei and Elly! Sure you could vote Fei x Elly so as not to vote for fe, but this isn't about that, this is about the best ship in gaming history, which happens to come from fe. Vote Annette x Dedue today!

Edited by Sooks1016

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

There's also apparently some cut text from the English version where they're talking and Ike pauses and says "Crimea has itself a fine ruler" though. Also neat, even if this one isn't really as out there as the line I just talked about.

Cool; I didn't know about that. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, it's a shame that this pairing ended up not actually meant to be a thing by IS (when you look at RD...). It seems the localization might have assumed they would be and were like "let's make them a bit more shippy!" Maybe in a remake though, IS will add the possibility in. They are popular to a degree, and definitely more so than Geoffrey x Elincia as far as I've seen. Sure, Ike and Soren are well liked as well, but they've got an ending already, even if it's more ambiguous about whether it's platonic or romantic. I wouldn't mind an Ike x Elincia ending being ambiguous or platonic either.

That certainly would explain it if that's what happened. 

Yeah; maybe in a remake; preferably one with better support conversations. Even if it was only in a localization, it is sad to see them not have an ending together when their a-support in Path of Radiance ended like this (after three support conversations of referring to each other as "Princess" and "my lord Ike"):

Ike: You employed me as a mercenary. I’ll give you your money’s worth! …No. It means more than that… To my last breath, I will do all that I can to ensure your dream…Elincia.
Elincia: Oh, Ike…

2 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Cool; I didn't know about that.

I actually didn't either for a long time until maybe a few years ago. Was really neat to find out about.

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Yeah; maybe in a remake; preferably one with better support conversations. Even if it was only in a localization, it is sad to see them not have an ending together when their a-support in Path of Radiance ended like this (after three support conversations of referring to each other as "Princess" and "my lord Ike"):

Ike: You employed me as a mercenary. I’ll give you your money’s worth! …No. It means more than that… To my last breath, I will do all that I can to ensure your dream…Elincia.
Elincia: Oh, Ike…

Yeah, exactly!

And speaking of that dialogue, I had actually fairly recently realized something about it when at the time, I happened to be thinking about one of my top favorite Disney movies. It's The Princess and the Frog. I realized...that Naveen says something VERY similar to Tiana towards the end of the movie. He tells her he wants to do all he can to make her dream come true. And you know what, they of course get together. And they had such a great dynamic too, being more or less an opposites-attract case where both learned a lot from the other about their very differing views on life. Tiana was the hard-working, no-nonsense type who didn't believe she'd have any time for fun stuff and didn't need those things. Naveen, on the other hand, was carefree, lazy, kind of a partier, and was even cut off by his parents because he didn't want to actually work. Naveen is so different from other true Disney princes in this manner. He is royalty, but he doesn't at all act like it. lol But after he and Tiana wind up having their crazy adventure together, they each learn valuable lessons from the other. Tiana shows Naveen the value of hard work and Naveen shows Tiana that it's okay to take a break and have fun once in awhile, that she didn't have to spend ALL her time working so much.

Ike and Elincia got an equally dynamic connection in PoR. There are no other real parallels I can draw between the two pairs other than those lines about making a dream come true, but it's still amazing that that one little parallel came from the Disney couple whom I think was the deepest and best written of any of them. In fact, now that I mention this, I also recall saying once or twice that Ike and Elincia themselves would've made a good Disney prince and princess couple. XD But I also admit I'm just a huge Disney fan in general. lol

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, exactly!

And speaking of that dialogue, I had actually fairly recently realized something about it when at the time, I happened to be thinking about one of my top favorite Disney movies. It's The Princess and the Frog. I realized...that Naveen says something VERY similar to Tiana towards the end of the movie. He tells her he wants to do all he can to make her dream come true. And you know what, they of course get together. And they had such a great dynamic too, being more or less an opposites-attract case where both learned a lot from the other about their very differing views on life. Tiana was the hard-working, no-nonsense type who didn't believe she'd have any time for fun stuff and didn't need those things. Naveen, on the other hand, was carefree, lazy, kind of a partier, and was even cut off by his parents because he didn't want to actually work. Naveen is so different from other true Disney princes in this manner. He is royalty, but he doesn't at all act like it. lol But after he and Tiana wind up having their crazy adventure together, they each learn valuable lessons from the other. Tiana shows Naveen the value of hard work and Naveen shows Tiana that it's okay to take a break and have fun once in awhile, that she didn't have to spend ALL her time working so much.

Ike and Elincia got an equally dynamic connection in PoR. There are no other real parallels I can draw between the two pairs other than those lines about making a dream come true, but it's still amazing that that one little parallel came from the Disney couple whom I think was the deepest and best written of any of them. In fact, now that I mention this, I also recall saying once or twice that Ike and Elincia themselves would've made a good Disney prince and princess couple. XD But I also admit I'm just a huge Disney fan in general. lol

Interesting; I've never actually seen that movie. 

By the way, I've probably mentioned this to you before, but I'm writing a fantasy novel with a mercenary and a princess that get together. It obviously won't be the same as Ike and Elincia, but I think you might like it once I'm actually able to finish the book. 

11 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Interesting; I've never actually seen that movie. 

By the way, I've probably mentioned this to you before, but I'm writing a fantasy novel with a mercenary and a princess that get together. It obviously won't be the same as Ike and Elincia, but I think you might like it once I'm actually able to finish the book. 

The Princess and the Frog is so underrated, man. So underrated it even hurts because even though Tiana is recognized as an official Disney princess, she's hardly ever a part of any Disney Princess merch and such. 😕 I'm always looking, but I almost never see any and she's my favorite Disney princess, so it just stings.

This could soon change though, because guess what Splash Mountain in the Disney parks is being rethemed to? HALLELUJAH!!

I'm going to miss hearing "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" in that ride, but THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG FINALLY GETTING REAL LOVE! I can't say no to that! I'll be happy if I can add more to my Tiana doll and my dancing Naveen and Tiana chibi figures.

But anyway, that novel sounds interesting! Sounds like you took some inspiration from Ike and Elincia, though, which is cool!

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The Princess and the Frog is so underrated, man. So underrated it even hurts because even though Tiana is recognized as an official Disney princess, she's hardly ever a part of any Disney Princess merch and such. 😕 I'm always looking, but I almost never see any and she's my favorite Disney princess, so it just stings.

Sounds kind-of like Treasure Planet: extremely underrated and pretty much overlooked by Disney. 

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But anyway, that novel sounds interesting! Sounds like you took some inspiration from Ike and Elincia, though, which is cool!

Thanks. Yeah; I sort-of did. I knew I wanted it to be a fantasy war story, and I knew I wanted at least one of the protagonists to be a peasant, so I took a bit of inspiration from Ike. The character I've written is very distinct from Ike, but definitely inspired by Ike. I hope I'll be able to finish the book at some point.

Anyway, back to discussing the different pairings to vote on, …Ike and Elincia for the win.

again, not voting because i hate those Eli × Laeg and M!Corn × F!Corn ships how is it that people even made the effort of actively thinking about these ships

Edited by Yexin

8 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Sounds kind-of like Treasure Planet: extremely underrated and pretty much overlooked by Disney.

Yeah, at least until this Splash Mountain retheming.

8 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Thanks. Yeah; I sort-of did. I knew I wanted it to be a fantasy war story, and I knew I wanted at least one of the protagonists to be a peasant, so I took a bit of inspiration from Ike. The character I've written is very distinct from Ike, but definitely inspired by Ike. I hope I'll be able to finish the book at some point.

Anyway, back to discussing the different pairings to vote on, …Ike and Elincia for the win.

Of course! ^^ And I see.

YES. 😄

Sorry Cloud and Tifa; you're a well-written pairing, but I have to vote for Link and Zelda from Spirit Tracks. Their dynamic is fantastic, and the two of them together are downright adorable. Tell me you can watch any of these and think that they are not adorable:

probably my fav gif of them | Legend of zelda, Zelda art, Legend

Link and Zelda moments in Spirit Tracks | Zelda, In this moment, Zelda  characters

(Watch from 2:07 to 3:15)

And this is just a few of many great moments between them that the game was able to give these two.

I know the odds are stacked against them, as they are up against a popular pairing from a game that's considered a classic and just got a remake, but I honestly think that this pairing is better.

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

@Anacybele Can you please help out? Ike and Elincia is somehow currently losing to Corrin and more Corrin!

I added my vote, but looks like it doesn't help enough. 😕 I don't think they have any business losing to some gross selfcest either...

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I added my vote, but looks like it doesn't help enough. 😕 I don't think they have any business losing to some gross selfcest either...

Every bit helps. 

Yeah; it makes no sense. It feels like a joke candidate winning in the polls for an election that has a good candidate that people like.

Edited by vanguard333

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Every bit helps. 

Yeah; it makes no sense. It feels like a joke candidate winning in the polls for an election that has a good candidate that people like.

Exactly. So stupid. Thankfully, this isn't a super serious poll.