August's Legendary Hero Is: Corrin, Child of Dusk!

daisy jane

Just now, Anacybele said:

Again, though, why would Sothe be considered a lead and not Elincia? This makes literally zero sense. That is the question I'm trying to get an answer for.

We've talked about the reasons, both here and elsewhere. You don't think they're good reasons, and I don't either, but IS does, and that's what ultimately determines who gets picked.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Othin said:

We've talked about the reasons, both here and elsewhere. You don't think they're good reasons, and I don't either, but IS does, and that's what ultimately determines who gets picked.

Where? I don't remember. What reasons were these?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Weird, they all suck at this point, so you must only be using them for some easier content.

I disagree. I already saw people using Klein in Abyssal clears here, and he did an amazing job. Klein even helped me in some hard Battles recently, like Limited Maps and Resonant Battles.

At the end of the day, IS can decide who they want to consider a lead and who they don’t. No logic necessary, it’s IS’s characters anyway.

The banner also had several picks on it that were not present in the video.

Legendary Nanna and Tsubasa when?

32 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

As far as legendaries go I predict the following, 

October, Dimitri infantry lance with Areadbhar and Atrocity 

December, Michy as a double effective tome (original I know) or a staff 

February, Claude as a flying bow with Failnaught and Fallen star. 

Then we would be done with all main Lords (Byleth is a weird case due to his transformation) and we can have secondary yet important characters like Elincia or even Rhea I guess?? 

Mythics I really don't care that much as I like using these originally unplayable characters as it is. I just want September's Mythic to be Astra Res with insane support capabilities (a dancer or a staff would be perfect). I want to bench Naga and never dare to use her again. 

As Othin said, there were some lords missing, also who's to say they won't release any secondary lead units until they have run out of the main ones? Ryoma came before corrin, Julia before seliph, I also expect them to release some Fates royals (Xander for sure) and both robins + m!corrin at some point,  they have to lenghten the lifespan of the game the most they can. They also might choose to release Veronica and Bruno or some other OCs that will appear in time. Oh and there's Itsuki too

39 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

There are people that is complaining that its Corrin (which is not my case, since I am happy she got a Legendary Alt) ... Being another Infantry Sword unit would cause even more complains.

It might have been neat if L!Corrin was a different colour, seeing how many colourless dragons there are in the legendary and mythic units.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Give me Legendary Caeda and Legendary Ninian, both that were in that banner, and I will be happy.

Personally, I want legendary Mist, as a sword cavalry in her Valkyrie class, but she wasn't even on that banner.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It might have been neat if L!Corrin was a different colour, seeing how many colourless dragons there are in the legendary and mythic units.

A Red Dragon would be nice, since we outside OG M Corrin we dont have another Red Corrin. Or maybe, since they went with Norh Noble, L!F!Corrin as a tome unit would be nice as well. Nohr Noble has access to tomes, afterall.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Personally, I want legendary Mist, as a sword cavalry in her Valkyrie class, but she wasn't even on that banner.

She would he nice as a valkyrie, although the Legendary Hero title for Mist is even more weird than for Ryoma or Sothe. She would be welcomed by me as a Legendary Hero, though...

17 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I disagree. I already saw people using Klein in Abyssal clears here, and he did an amazing job. Klein even helped me in some hard Battles recently, like Limited Maps and Resonant Battles.

Then why doesn't Klein help me at all anymore? He used to, but even at +10 with +Atk and a good build, he can't kill anything on the harder maps these days. He's straight garbage. Now that I think about it, maybe I should turn him into feathers. I am in need of more and some barracks space. There are probably some other 5 stars I should ditch too that aren't even merged. Why keep trash, powercrept units I won't use? And if not feathers, then I'll turn them into skill fodder. Only problem is, I'm effectively wasting a lot more feathers and resources by throwing away a +10 unit, so...

Note, though, I don't actually like the powercreep. I'd prefer all the units I used to use remain useful and strong. I'd prefer little to no powercreep. But powercreep is what we keep getting and IS doesn't know how to allow older units to keep up properly.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

Oh, these? Well, let me point out that Lucina has no story promotion, no forced deployment, and doesn't give a game over when she is killed. Yet she's still a lead/lord. She's really only a lord in class and nothing more. Both her and Sothe just show how much dumb inconsistency there is with what truly makes a lead and what doesn't.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

This would be neat, though I personally don't expect it.

Edited by Anacybele

52 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Seriously, Why no Omega Yato?

45 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

There are people that is complaining that its Corrin (which is not my case, since I am happy she got a Legendary Alt) ... Being another Infantry Sword unit would cause even more complains.

I agree. The less sword units the better. The sword pool is so saturated that most sword units simply are not worth using as they all feel super samey, at least from a player phase perspective, unless they can Galeforce without using Sacred Seals or can do Counter-Vantage exceptionally well. For enemy phase, the variety in Weapon skill effects is more relevant in my opinion since some tanking effects are better than others.

I want them to introduce more variety into other Weapon-movement classes too, except maybe lance cavalry and lance fliers since we have a lot of those already

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can't when both are very powercrept and becoming more and more useless. I don't use either of them much anymore because there are better options for fliers and refreshers. And she hasn't gotten another alt in a very long time now. She's due for one.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Weird, they all suck at this point, so you must only be using them for some easier content. I sure don't use them for much of anything. I only use newer units for the most part. my horse team doesn't even get much use anymore because they've become outdated and unable to handle much newer stuff.

For FIH!Elincia, as a Dancer/Singer, being power crept honestly is not a big deal, and Dancers/Singers as a niche are already so powerful with just Dance/Singer-Wings of Mercy that even the weakest Dancer/Singer is more than sufficient for even the hardest maps. I still use Olivia to this day, and while VS!Azura is stronger than her, the gap is not so huge that it makes Olivia unviable. Olivia can still provide 6/6/0/0 bonus buffs via Atk Tactic and Spd Tactic, and VS!Azura's buffs to Def/Res is not even relevant for nukes outside of Blade mages and Ares.

For Elincia, she is a fast Brave nuke, and she is pretty powerful when set up right with Brazen Atk/Spd 7 and rivals the strongest sword nukes in the game right now in terms of raw damage output. Elincia is in no way power crept by any sword units. If anything, she will be the one to power creep others even more once they release Spd/Def Rein. Elincia is also really strong in Røkkr sieges and compliments Palla well. Melee raw damage nukes are not as good as ranged raw damage nukes since hitting from 2 range is a pretty big advantage, but if you do not have a ranged raw damage nuke, then you use a melee one. It is an inconvenience in that sense, but it is not so inconvenient that it is not viable.

Just because you are not good with using player phase teams does not mean they suck, and Elincia is doing the powercreeping here (at least against melee raw damage nukes), not anyone else.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I agree. The less sword units the better. The sword pool is so saturated that most sword units simply are not worth using as they all feel super samey, at least from a player phase perspective, unless they can Galeforce without using Sacred Seals or can do Counter-Vantage exceptionally well. For enemy phase, the variety in Weapon skill effects is more relevant in my opinion since some tanking effects are better than others.

I want them to introduce more variety into other Weapon-movement classes too, except maybe lance cavalry and lance fliers since we have a lot of those already

For FIH!Elincia, as a Dancer/Singer, being power crept honestly is not a big deal, and Dancers/Singers as a niche are already so powerful with just Dance/Singer-Wings of Mercy that even the weakest Dancer/Singer is more than sufficient for even the hardest maps. I still use Olivia to this day, and while VS!Azura is stronger than her, the gap is not so huge that it makes Olivia unviable. Olivia can still provide 6/6/0/0 bonus buffs via Atk Tactic and Spd Tactic, and VS!Azura's buffs to Def/Res is not even relevant for nukes outside of Blade mages and Ares.

For Elincia, she is a fast Brave nuke, and she is pretty powerful when set up right with Brazen Atk/Spd 7 and rivals the strongest sword nukes in the game right now in terms of raw damage output. Elincia is in no way power crept by any sword units. If anything, she will be the one to power creep others even more once they release Spd/Def Rein. Elincia is also really strong in Røkkr sieges and compliments Palla well. Melee raw damage nukes are not as good as ranged raw damage nukes since hitting from 2 range is a pretty big advantage, but if you do not have a ranged raw damage nuke, then you use a melee one. It is an inconvenience in that sense, but it is not so inconvenient that it is not viable.

Just because you are not good with using player phase teams does not mean they suck, and Elincia is doing the powercreeping here (at least against melee raw damage nukes), not anyone else.

You forget that refreshers like legendary Azura, Peony, and Mirabilis exist. I'll add dancer Reinhardt too since he also has good offense. No refreshers are as good as them and they're the only ones I can consistently reliably use.

For OG Elincia, she still can't kill much of anything these days because of how insanely bulky many units on tough maps are. A lot of them are fast enough to prevent her from doubling them too, and her defenses are awful. She's trash now, just like many other year 1 units. The only year 1 units I still use are Reinhardt and Brave Ike.

Now, a flying healer Elincia likely wouldn't have a lot of offense going on, but as a support unit she could be crazy good.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then why doesn't Klein help me at all anymore? He used to, but even at +10 with +Atk and a good build, he can't kill anything on the harder maps these days. He's straight garbage. Now that I think about it, maybe I should turn him into feathers. I am in need of more and some barracks space. There are probably some other 5 stars I should ditch too that aren't even merged. Why keep trash, powercrept units I won't use? And if not feathers, then I'll turn them into skill fodder.

If you dont know how to use him, that's with you. If you want to waste all the investiment you did because "he sucks", that's with you as well.

Because its TOTALLY WORTHY TO SEND A 5*+10 HOME TO OPEN ONE BARRACK SLOT. 

And what hard maps you use him, afterall? Or what hard maps you play anyway?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Then why doesn't Klein help me at all anymore? He used to, but even at +10 with +Atk and a good build, he can't kill anything on the harder maps these days. He's straight garbage. Now that I think about it, maybe I should turn him into feathers. I am in need of more and some barracks space. There are probably some other 5 stars I should ditch too that aren't even merged. Why keep trash, powercrept units I won't use? And if not feathers, then I'll turn them into skill fodder.

Note, though, I don't actually like the powercreep. I'd prefer all the units I used to use remain useful and strong. I'd prefer little to no powercreep. But powercreep is what we keep getting and IS doesn't know how to allow older units to keep up properly.

There's gotta be something better you can do to free up barracks space. Even if you haven't been finding a unit useful, it doesn't mean you'll never end up with a team where they fit into well. Especially with deployment limits like Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles existing, since those can encourage use of units you wouldn't use otherwise.

The current maximum possible barracks space is 1100. How many 5*s do you have right now? A third of that? You've got to have lots of low-rarity duplicates you can turn into manuals (or feathers) to free up all the space you could need. I've got a barracks space of 895 and I'm managing fine with over 400 5*s.

Oh, these? Well, let me point out that Lucina has no story promotion, no forced deployment, and doesn't give a game over when she is killed. Yet she's still a lead/lord. She's really only a lord in class and nothing more. Both her and Sothe just show how much dumb inconsistency there is with what truly makes a lead and what doesn't.

It's not a question of needing to meet all those criteria to be included, it's that apparently units can be included if they either have that or a lord class. It's a bit complicated and arbitrary, but I wouldn't call it inconsistent.

I'm sure it won't happen anytime soon. But if we keep getting more and more legendaries over the course of enough years, they'll have to run out of better candidates eventually!

Edited by Othin

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If you dont know how to use him, that's with you. If you want to waste all the investiment you did because "he sucks", that's with you as well.

And what hard maps you use him, afterall? Or what harm maps you play anyway?

I edited my post to say that I would be effectively wasting all the resources I put into making Klein +10 which I don't like. But I still haven't used him in forever, so I'm just not sure what to do with him.

Stuff like infernal, maybe abyssal. But many units I have can't do much damage, particularly on abyssal. Once in awhile I can do infernal, but only with units like Brave Ike who can tank a lot of stuff.

There's gotta be something better you can do to free up barracks space. Even if you haven't been finding a unit useful, it doesn't mean you'll never end up with a team where they fit into well. Especially with deployment limits like Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles existing, since those can encourage use of units you wouldn't use otherwise.

Not really. Expanding your barracks costs precious orbs which are obviously better used for summoning. It only costs one orb to expand your barracks, but you only expand it by a measly five slots.

And like I said in my post edit, I don't really want to waste all the resources I put into Klein already. So I'm actually unsure about what to do with him. Oh yeah, I also generally don't do Limited Hero Battles except on the easiest difficulties for the feathers. I don't need the other resources they give.

It's not a question of needing to meet all those criteria to be included, it's that apparently units can be included if they either have that or a lord class. It's a bit complicated and arbitrary, but I wouldn't call it inconsistent.

I still don't like that IS can call Sothe a lead just because of a few privileges in he had in RD, and include him in that video, but not Elincia when she had clear leading roles in BOTH Tellius games. At the very least, I'd call Sothe a pseudo-lord, like Elincia, but that's stretching it a bit imo. This is why I actually consider Elincia a bit more important than Micaiah. Micaiah is a lord in RD for two parts, majorly. 1 and 4. But Elincia has all of PoR and parts 2 and 4 of RD where she had her major pseudo-lord role. Both have a couple notable chapters in part 3 too. Now, if you only consider the fact that Micaiah is a lord and Elincia technically isn't, she is, in that way, more important. But if you look at it by comparing Elincia's pseudo-lord role to Micaiah's lord role, you can easily see that Elincia has more importance as a pseudo-lord than Micaiah does as a lord. Though part of that IS also because IS decided to have Yune hijack Micaiah and Ike take over a lot of part 4 in the end, you still have to remember that Elincia has a second game where she played a major role, not just one.

I'm sure it won't happen anytime soon. But if we keep getting more and more legendaries over the course of enough years, they'll have to run out of better candidates eventually!

If the game lasts that long. We don't know if it would. Even if it keeps being profitable, they may still want to retire it and move onto new projects. Maybe even a followup to Heroes on mobile for all we know!

Edited by Anacybele

45 minutes ago, Othin said:

I specified the leads reel, not the leads banner.

The oddness of Sothe's presence in the video and the fact that some units who were not in the video have become legendaries are not relevant to the thing I actually said. I believe we've already had this discussion not too long ago. What matters is that we can assume that the leads video shows the units IS considers most in need of legendary versions, despite the fact that other units show up occasionally.

Don't forger Sigurd.

Ignoring gender variations (and Sothe), the lords missing legendary versions are Sigurd, Micaiah, Byleth, Dimitri, and Claude. We could get through all of those by the end of June 2021, if they stay focused on them. 9 of the 10 pair up legendaries so far have been from that lineup (Roy, Alm, Eliwood, Leif, Celica, Chrom, Edelgard, Seliph, and Corrin), with Julia as the only exception, so I think it's pretty likely that we'll at least get all 5 of those by this time next year.

I kind of forgot about Sigurd actually, since Seliph got his alt I didn't think about his father that much, but we can always have new fire legendaries. Also after these Lords I think one of the Byleths is on line along with grandmaster male Robin, perhaps a Valite king or Child of Dawn Male corrin. Perhaps in the middle we can have Elincia and similar characters. 

Personally hoping for Legendary Rhea as Archbishop but she can make also a nice mythic (would prefer the immaculate one as Seiros would be a sword infantry something I dread). 

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

I agree with what you said. I believe that even in enemy phase units are samey. Every enemy/mixed phase swordie is build the same way. 

Weapon that can give at least +4 to all stats and neutralises penalties or certain skills, DC, Evasion B slot, smoke C slot and Spd/Res solo or a stance. 

That's why I am scared of Seiros being added because she would be the same unit reskined.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Not really. Expanding your barracks costs precious orbs which are obviously better used for summoning. It only costs one orb to expand your barracks, but you only expand it by a measly five slots.

Five slots for one orb is a perfectly good deal. A full summon session costs 20 orbs, that's the same as the cost to expand your barracks by 100 units. That makes it possible to keep a whole lot more options open.

Right now, I have 410 unique units. If I hadn't expanded my barracks, I wouldn't be able to keep all of them at once. Even with being F2P, I've been able to spare enough orbs to expand my barracks to 895. That cost a total of 119 orbs, which is less than the average price of sniping a single 5* focus unit in any but the most generous of banners, and in exchange my barracks space is permanently tripled. I can keep a copy of every unit I get, as well as lots of duplicates to keep access to different assets. That's part of how I stay ready for anything.

How many barracks slots do you have?

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If the game lasts that long. We don't know if it would. Even if it keeps being profitable, they may still want to retire it and move onto new projects. Maybe even a followup to Heroes on mobile for all we know!

Yeah, it's a big if. It sounds like it's still their most profitable mobile game, so I don't think it's going anywhere soon, but legendaries are being added pretty slowly and it's certainly possible that at some point, they'll slow down further or stop entirely.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Five slots for one orb is a perfectly good deal. A full summon session costs 20 orbs, that's the same as the cost to expand your barracks by 100 units. That makes it possible to keep a whole lot more options open.

Yeah, but when you summon a lot on one banner, those five slots get taken up pretty quickly and you find yourself constantly emptying your barracks a bit between summons.

Right now, I have 410 unique units. If I hadn't expanded my barracks, I wouldn't be able to keep all of them at once. Even with being F2P, I've been able to spare enough orbs to expand my barracks to 895. That cost a total of 119 orbs, which is less than the average price of sniping a single 5* focus unit in any but the most generous of banners, and in exchange my barracks space is permanently tripled. I can keep a copy of every unit I get, as well as lots of duplicates to keep access to different assets. That's part of how I stay ready for anything.

Oh, I still occasionally expand too, but not a lot. I don't want to use a bunch of orbs at once for expanding when I could've gotten a 5 star unit or good fodder with them. I'm not FTP, btw. Though I usually don't spend a whole lot of money.

How many barracks slots do you have?

Yeah, it's a big if. It sounds like it's still their most profitable mobile game, so I don't think it's going anywhere soon, but legendaries are being added pretty slowly and it's certainly possible that at some point, they'll slow down further or stop entirely.

I wasn't aware IS had any other mobile games... And yeah, I actually wish they'd add both a legendary and a mythic once per month instead of alternating between the two.

Edited by Anacybele

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then why doesn't Klein help me at all anymore? He used to, but even at +10 with +Atk and a good build, he can't kill anything on the harder maps these days. He's straight garbage. Now that I think about it, maybe I should turn him into feathers. I am in need of more and some barracks space. There are probably some other 5 stars I should ditch too that aren't even merged. Why keep trash, powercrept units I won't use? And if not feathers, then I'll turn them into skill fodder. Only problem is, I'm effectively wasting a lot more feathers and resources by throwing away a +10 unit, so...

I am not sure what build you give him, but Moonbow-Death Blow 7 is not a good build for Abyssal content. Klein needs Life and Death-Brazen Atk/Spd at the bare minimum to consistently quad attack. Fury might be okay too if you can afford the loss in Atk in exchange for quicker Wings of Mercy activation. The special either needs to be Luna or some kind of Blazing Special.

And as I have repeatedly said multiple times and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again, Sending Home units for Feather is an extremely horrible idea. If you are not even close to having 1,100 in your Barracks, it makes no sense to Send Home units. You need Barracks space to accommodate unit diversity.

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You forget that refreshers like legendary Azura, Peony, and Mirabilis exist. I'll add dancer Reinhardt too since he also has good offense. No refreshers are as good as them and they're the only ones I can consistently reliably use.

For a PvE one-nuke-triple-Dancer/Singer team, if you are using Elincia as the nuke you can only run ONE flying Dancer/Singer if you want to use Tactics, so you can still slot FIH!Elincia in there. Just because VS!Azura and Peony are good does not mean Elincia is trash. You still need to take into account team composition.

And it does not matter if Elincia is powercrept by other Dancers/Singers. As I have already said, FIH!Elincia is perfectly fine with just Wings of Mercy and Tactics.

ANY Dancer/Singer is viable and meta right now. Dancer/Singer as a group of units are so ridiculously powerful that even the WEAKEST Dancer/Singer can trivialize the HARDEST content and GRIEF a huge amount of players. When I go to Aether Raids in Astra and I see ANY Dancer/Singer, I do not give a fuck who that Dancer/Singer is, just the fact that they are Dancers/Singers already makes me piss and shit my pants (assuming they have strong nukes to go with them). That is how terrifying ANY Dancer/Singer can be.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I edited my post to say that I would be effectively wasting all the resources I put into making Klein +10 which I don't like. But I still haven't used him in forever, so I'm just not sure what to do with him.

You keep him! If I sent home every unit that I rarely use, I would miss out on a ton of resources because I cannot follow guides or devise alternative strategies. We also have Limited Hero Battles right now where the game forces you to use only certain units from certain games, so it makes absolutely zero sense to Send Home one of the strongest fast Brave archers in the game. While Resonant Battles does not force you to use only certain units from certain games, it does strong arm you into it for scoring purposes.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

As I have previously explained, you need Barracks diversity to tackle a wide range of content. Having a tiny Barracks is a bad idea for obtaining further resources since it means you are lacking the tools you need if you do not have the place to even keep those tools. You need SPACE to accommodate a variety of tools. You always want to expand your Barracks to keep enough copies of neutrals for following guides, and make sure you have enough unit diversity within each game category for Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not expanding is even bigger waste of Orbs, since you are not keeping enough 5* units to diversify your tool set and options. Each Orb you spend to expand your Barracks basically is an insurance policy that protects AT LEAST 20 to 25 Orbs worth of investment, and that is assuming all the Orbs you spent gave you 5* units. Realistically, each Orb you spend to expand Barracks protects somewhere close to 300 to 500 Orbs of investment since each 5* generally costs around 80 Orbs to summon, so expanding Barracks is super cheap.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Weird, they all suck at this point, so you must only be using them for some easier content. I sure don't use them for much of anything. I only use newer units for the most part. my horse team doesn't even get much use anymore because they've become outdated and unable to handle much newer stuff.

I use Klein in Abyssals, Limited hero battles on hardest modes (there are video's in the topic) and Klein is a staple of my AR defense team which has not lost more than 100 lift the last 4 weeks combined.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

You're missing the point. IS considered Elincia important enough to be DLC in Awakening and they considered her important enough to be included in the leads banner in Heroes. I'd say the information isn't outdated, it's remaining consistent.

I'm not, I'm just not trying to grasp at every barely relevant straw and acknowledge that this kind of decision from IS is very dated and not a useful metric to go by for today's choices made by IS. Pretty much what Othin said below:

1 hour ago, Othin said:

The leads banner had a certain number of male slots and female slots per game, and had the character choices constrained by fitting into those. The Awakening DLC picks were chosen several years ago, so they're pretty out of date, and I don't think they were even necessarily decided by the same people as the ones working on Heroes now.

The leads video has none of those concerns. It's a recent video by the Heroes team, with no constraints based on game or gender. If one character gets included and another doesn't, that tells us that as of this year, the Heroes team considers that first character to be more of a lead than the second one. There are no confounding factors that would lead them to force in a character they feel is less of a lead. It is, therefore, the most reliable source of information about their views on this matter.

That's not to say it's the only source of information worth considering, but it's the most significant right now. The leads banner can be useful for getting some idea of what units are the ones next most likely to show up, but it doesn't seem like we're getting much of that "second tier" of leads right now. Especially now that we know they're willing to bend elemental associations this far to fit whatever "first tier" lead they want to feature on a given month.

55 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Klein is amazing! Gordin is also fun with Sturdy Impact Ignis bombs. An Ignis from Gordin can reach around 50 dmg on it's own.

47 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Caeda with a lance at long last?! Yay!

Yes Pls, but also fine as a regular alt.

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My guess is because you are an Ep tank everything type of player. You always talk about B!Ike, Silas and Frederick tanking stuff and you don't seem to be a good Player phase player. Klein is still amazing and with the Dragonflower buff he's still getting better.  Every unit is still able to be useful and strong. I know people that use Oliver and Canas as tanks in AR and they consistently get front page/gold thrones. 

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

For OG Elincia, she still can't kill much of anything these days because of how insanely bulky many units on tough maps are. A lot of them are fast enough to prevent her from doubling them too, and her defenses are awful. She's trash now, just like many other year 1 units. The only year 1 units I still use are Reinhardt and Brave Ike.

Now, a flying healer Elincia likely wouldn't have a lot of offense going on, but as a support unit she could be crazy good.

He didn't forget, he specifically mentioned the best dancer, Azura and explained why the difference is not that big for the way he plays.

33 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

And what hard maps you use him, afterall? Or what hard maps you play anyway?

I'm convinced, I am going to send hom my klein now as well! 

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

For a PvE one-nuke-triple-Dancer/Singer team, if you are using Elincia as the nuke you can only run ONE flying Dancer/Singer if you want to use Tactics, so you can still slot FIH!Elincia in there. Just because VS!Azura and Peony are good does not mean Elincia is trash. You still need to take into account team composition.

And it does not matter if Elincia is powercrept by other Dancers/Singers. As I have already said, FIH!Elincia is perfectly fine with just Wings of Mercy and Tactics.

ANY Dancer/Singer is viable and meta right now. Dancer/Singer as a group of units are so ridiculously powerful that even the WEAKEST Dancer/Singer can trivialize the HARDEST content and GRIEF a huge amount of players. When I go to Aether Raids in Astra and I see ANY Dancer/Singer, I do not give a fuck who that Dancer/Singer is, just the fact that they are Dancers/Singers already makes me piss and shit my pants (assuming they have strong nukes to go with them). That is how terrifying ANY Dancer/Singer can be.

Except the boosts that Azura and Peony can provide have been super valuable. I wouldn't have cleared this one abyssal map without them when I was using a strategy revolving around Fallen Ike to clear it. Dancer Elincia wouldn't have ever provided support like that.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Not expanding is even bigger waste of Orbs, since you are not keeping enough 5* units to diversify your tool set and options. Each Orb you spend to expand your Barracks basically is an insurance policy that protects AT LEAST 20 to 25 Orbs worth of investment, and that is assuming all the Orbs you spent gave you 5* units. Realistically, each Orb you spend to expand Barracks protects somewhere close to 300 to 500 Orbs of investment since each 5* generally costs around 80 Orbs to summon, so expanding Barracks is super cheap.

I do expand on occasion, of course. Just not a whole lot.

I'm sorry to not quote your entire post, I'm just not sure what else to say at this point.

6 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

My guess is because you are an Ep tank everything type of player. You always talk about B!Ike, Silas and Frederick tanking stuff and you don't seem to be a good Player phase player. Klein is still amazing and with the Dragonflower buff he's still getting better.  Every unit is still able to be useful and strong. I know people that use Oliver and Canas as tanks in AR and they consistently get front page/gold thrones. 

Yet I can use OG Reinhardt and Dancer Reinhardt well. So if I can use them effectively, why not other player phase units?

Yeah, but when you summon a lot on one banner, those five slots get taken up pretty quickly and you find yourself constantly emptying your barracks a bit between summons.

Sure. They always fill back up eventually, but whenever I find myself running out of good picks to turn into manuals, that's when I decide to let myself expand my barracks a few more times. If those new slots fill up with junk you don't need, you can turn those into manuals and save the extra space for when you do get more units you want to keep.

Oh, I still occasionally expand too, but not a lot. I don't want to use a bunch of orbs at once for expanding when I could've gotten a 5 star unit or good fodder with them. I'm not FTP, btw. Though I usually don't spend a whole lot of money.

That's part of my point. Because you're not F2P, you've been getting way more orbs than I do, so you can more easily spare some orbs to expand your barracks as necessary, and you're doing more summons so you have more need for that room. Despite that, you've only used 26 orbs to expand your barracks, less than a quarter of the number I've used. Any player struggling to fit their team into a barracks space of 430 should expand, even more so if they aren't F2P.

I wasn't aware IS had any other mobile games... And yeah, I actually wish they'd add both a legendary and a mythic once per month instead of alternating between the two.

I didn't mean IS, I meant Nintendo in general.

Faster addition of units of any type would be nice, but they seem to not want to burn through them too fast. In fairness, we've gotten a couple of legendary+mythic months: Eir and Peony to kick off their books, and now Mirabilis as a bonus in a regular month. I hope they keep doing that, as long as they continue making up the banner slot with non-banner additions to the summoning pool like Tania and Emmeryn.

Edited by Othin