August's Legendary Hero Is: Corrin, Child of Dusk!

daisy jane

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except I have a preferred play style that I'd like to stick with. Don't we all?

Yes, but that does not mean sticking with it regardless of mode, context, or situation.

While I generally prefer to player phase most things, I much rather use enemy phase for Grand Conquest and Rival Domains. Using player phase units with little to no Dancer/Singer support is pretty mentally draining. Much easier to just have everyone march forward, end turn, and repeat.

And for Aether Raids, I am still pretty mentally exhausted after getting a Gold Throne, so right now I just rather coast with BH!Ike and enemy phase everything. Still waiting for an Astra Spd Mythic though to motivate me to start building a second BH!Ike. I have an infantry Galeforce team half way built right now, but I still need an Astra Mythic Dancer/Singer to make it work, so if we do not get an Astra Dancer/Singer, I will have to settle for BH!Ike being my primary option.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except I have a preferred play style that I'd like to stick with. Don't we all?

If that's your stance, you'll have to accept that some things will just end up out of your reach (or will be much more difficult to reach), and the only one to blame for it is yourself.

And to answer the question: no.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yes, but that does not mean sticking with it regardless of mode, context, or situation.

While I generally prefer to player phase most things, I much rather use enemy phase for Grand Conquest and Rival Domains. Using player phase units with little to no Dancer/Singer support is pretty mentally draining. Much easier to just have everyone march forward, end turn, and repeat.

And for Aether Raids, I am still pretty mentally exhausted after getting a Gold Throne, so right now I just rather coast with BH!Ike and enemy phase everything. Still waiting for an Astra Spd Mythic though to motivate me to start building a second BH!Ike. I have an infantry Galeforce team half way built right now, but I still need an Astra Mythic Dancer/Singer to make it work, so if we do not get an Astra Dancer/Singer, I will have to settle for BH!Ike being my primary option.

Well, for the most stuff, having Brave Ike or Fallen Ike or NY Alfonse tank everything has worked well. I do have other teams I use for certain quests though, of course, like horses for cavalry quests and all that. I also have a Sylvain + three refreshers team that has been effective in nuking the heck out of some GHBs and BHBs. But that's mostly all I've needed.

I do agree that we need another Astra mythic badly. I don't really care who it is at this point, we just really need a third one. Though my most preferred would probably be Ashunera or Lehran. Lehran would be best, actually, since he'd be a refresher. We have a refresher for Light in Peony, but no Astra refresher.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, for the most stuff, having Brave Ike or Fallen Ike or NY Alfonse tank everything has worked well. I do have other teams I use for certain quests though, of course, like horses for cavalry quests and all that. I also have a Sylvain + three refreshers team that has been effective in nuking the heck out of some GHBs and BHBs. But that's mostly all I've needed.

I do agree that we need another Astra mythic badly. I don't really care who it is at this point, we just really need a third one. Though my most preferred would probably be Ashunera or Lehran. Lehran would be best, actually, since he'd be a refresher. We have a refresher for Light in Peony, but no Astra refresher.

OM!Sylvain is good. If you can use OM!Sylvain, you can definitely use Elincia. Other than movement difference, Elincia's primary difference is that she has access to Galeforce and she is a fast Brave nuke, but she is also a little more vulnerable to enemy ranged units since Elincia has less reach as a melee unit. Generally ranged enemies are not really a huge issue since Elincia is a flier and can easily fly across a mountain or something to safety.

For Abyssal, OM!Sylvain should be able to clear most of them easily with Gronnblade. If he does not work on some maps, then Elincia should work. The most difficult enemy to face in my opinion are usually bosses since they have a huge amount of HP and bulk, and some bosses are more resilient against one type of nuke compared to another type of nuke.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

OM!Sylvain is good. If you can use OM!Sylvain, you can definitely use Elincia. Other than movement difference, Elincia's primary difference is that she has access to Galeforce and she is a fast Brave nuke, but she is also a little more vulnerable to enemy ranged units since Elincia has less reach as a melee unit. Generally ranged enemies are not really a huge issue since Elincia is a flier and can easily fly across a mountain or something to safety.

For Abyssal, OM!Sylvain should be able to clear most of them easily with Gronnblade. If he does not work on some maps, then Elincia should work. The most difficult enemy to face in my opinion are usually bosses since they have a huge amount of HP and bulk, and some bosses are more resilient against one type of nuke compared to another type of nuke.

Thing is, Sylvain can take advantage of a blade tome, which Elincia cannot. She just cannot reach the damage levels he can because she has no access to that blade tome effect. Plus, he has a little more range as a cavalry mage and I put the Fury 4 + Desperation combo on him, so he has little fear of counterattacks. Another thing, Elincia is weak to bows which Sylvain is not and I'm pretty sure I see more archers than I do units with anti-cavalry weapons.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thing is, Sylvain can take advantage of a blade tome, which Elincia cannot. She just cannot reach the damage levels he can because she has no access to that blade tome effect. Plus, he has a little more range as a cavalry mage and I put the Fury 4 + Desperation combo on him, so he has little fear of counterattacks. Another thing, Elincia is weak to bows which Sylvain is not and I'm pretty sure I see more archers than I do units with anti-cavalry weapons.

Archers do not matter if Elincia is not supposed to be hit anyways. Elincia is basically going to die no matter who hits her once she is in Desperation range, so whether or not archers are more common does not really matter.

The thing with Blade tomes is that they are still limited to hitting twice, and some enemies are just easier to take down with four softer hits instead of two harder hits. Additionally, some enemies completely wall off ranged nukes, so it is easier to bypass that with a melee nuke instead.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But Elincia should quad her foes without problems,and with Galeforce and Dancers, moving her out of enemy range.

The bow weakness is not a problem when you use her right.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

51 minutes ago, XRay said:

Archers do not matter if Elincia is not supposed to be hit anyways. Elincia is basically going to die no matter who hits her once she is in Desperation range, so whether or not archers are more common does not really matter.

The thing with Blade tomes is that they are still limited to hitting twice, and some enemies are just easier to take down with four softer hits instead of two harder hits. Additionally, some enemies completely wall off ranged nukes, so it is easier to bypass that with a melee nuke instead.

49 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

But Elincia should quad her foes without problems,and with Galeforce and Dancers, moving her out of enemy range.

The bow weakness is not a problem when you use her right.

Sure, but I still find it harder to avoid fliers getting killed by them than avoiding cavalry getting hit by anti-cavalry weaponry.

I looked back a few pages and saw that there was a discussion about barrack space and it made me realize that I never once expanded my own barracks. Never really saw the point to waste orbs to expand since I can turn any unwanted units into combat manuals and I only ever use the same 60 some units I built up over the years. I value great quality in the units I do use over the quantity of having a bunch of units I might use once or twice and then use again while they rot away in the barracks.

6 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I looked back a few pages and saw that there was a discussion about barrack space and it made me realize that I never once expanded my own barracks. Never really saw the point to waste orbs to expand since I can turn any unwanted units into combat manuals and I only ever use the same 60 some units I built up over the years. I value great quality in the units I do use over the quantity of having a bunch of units I might use once or twice and then use again while they rot away in the barracks.

Way I see it, there's no way to tell what might be relevant later on. Plus, I love building up a collection of characters from throughout the series. Even being F2P, I've almost finished collecting all the launch units, I'm only 3 away now. A few orbs are a small price to pay for all that. The number of orbs I spent on the legendary banner this morning was almost double the number of orbs I've spent tripling my barracks size over the past three and a half years. 

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Way I see it, there's no way to tell what might be relevant later on. Plus, I love building up a collection of characters from throughout the series. Even being F2P, I've almost finished collecting all the launch units, I'm only 3 away now. A few orbs are a small price to pay for all that. The number of orbs I spent on the legendary banner this morning was almost double the number of orbs I've spent tripling my barracks size over the past three and a half years. 

I suppose Heroes is a collection game so I can see why people would want to get them all and show off everyone they have. Personally I am only interested in characters I like so in a way I guess I feel lucky that most of my favorites ended up in the 3/4 star pool and were released in the first two years of the game so I had plenty of time to get, build and merge them up. Really the only reason I need at least 60-70 units built up is to do Arena Assault which lately I am getting to a point where I don't even care about playing that mode seriously with all the annoying Legendary archer units I see in that mode. At the moment I have everyone I like so I got nothing to use my orbs on. Well except PA!Azura, but after spending so many orbs trying and failing to get her I gave up. Same for L!Eliwood, L!Eirika and L!Celica. I would like to try and get them but Legendary banners have never really been kind to me so I am kind of fine not having them. I'm satisfied with what I have been able to get.

Also, three away from having all the launch units huh. I wish you good luck on getting whichever ones are still missing for you.

9 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I suppose Heroes is a collection game so I can see why people would want to get them all and show off everyone they have. Personally I am only interested in characters I like so in a way I guess I feel lucky that most of my favorites ended up in the 3/4 star pool and were released in the first two years of the game so I had plenty of time to get, build and merge them up. Really the only reason I need at least 60-70 units built up is to do Arena Assault which lately I am getting to a point where I don't even care about playing that mode seriously with all the annoying Legendary archer units I see in that mode. At the moment I have everyone I like so I got nothing to use my orbs on. Well except PA!Azura, but after spending so many orbs trying and failing to get her I gave up. Same for L!Eliwood, L!Eirika and L!Celica. I would like to try and get them but Legendary banners have never really been kind to me so I am kind of fine not having them. I'm satisfied with what I have been able to get.

Also, three away from having all the launch units huh. I wish you good luck on getting whichever ones are still missing for you.

Yeah, I think of it like playing a regular FE game where I want to recruit as many characters as I can and keep them alive. It's just more complicated here. 

Personally, I really enjoy stuff like Limited Hero Battles that encourage me to dig deep into my barracks to find ways to use units who've been on the sidelines. 

My missing launch units are Lucina, Leo, and Minerva. I have alts of all of them, but I'd like the originals. Minerva feels less significant, but I want to try to get the other two on their next weekly revivals. And once Minerva is the only one left, I'm sure I'll care more about her. 

Soooo, on the previous discussion on "if" Male Corrin was likely or not: he's now guaranteed and is already in progress if not completed and just waiting for his release window.

phykph3eoak51.png

As you can see, they put the title after "Legendary Corrin". They only do that when there's going to be an alt with the same name. This was seen with Alfonse when the quests involving him changed from just "Alfonse" to "Alfonse: Askr Prince" right before his Spring alt came out. We've also seen this happen a few other times with a few other units right before their alt was released: they never include the title after the name unless an alt exists. 

Noticeably, Legendary Robin is still referred to as "Legendary Robin" for her mythic defeat accessory. However if that ever changes its fairly safe to assume that Male Legendary Robin is arriving that month. 

40 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Soooo, on the previous discussion on "if" Male Corrin was likely or not: he's now guaranteed and is already in progress if not completed and just waiting for his release window.

phykph3eoak51.png

As you can see, they put the title after "Legendary Corrin". They only do that when there's going to be an alt with the same name. This was seen with Alfonse when the quests involving him changed from just "Alfonse" to "Alfonse: Askr Prince" right before his Spring alt came out. We've also seen this happen a few other times with a few other units right before their alt was released: they never include the title after the name unless an alt exists. 

Noticeably, Legendary Robin is still referred to as "Legendary Robin" for her mythic defeat accessory. However if that ever changes its fairly safe to assume that Male Legendary Robin is arriving that month. 

That is how they handled quests, but this is the first time they've done something like this with an accessory. We know the next legendary is two months away, and Legendary Corrin M is almost definitely going to take longer than that. They could easily have decided to save this change for the month he'll be added, or even for the update that adds him, but they didn't. So this is a neat find that backs up the expectation that they're planning a parallel Legendary Corrin M, and suggests they probably intend to release him sooner than a possible Legendary Robin M, but I do not think it says anything more about timing. Legendary Corrin M could still be a year or more away.

If they do change the description for Legendary Robin F's accessory, it would suggest plans for a Legendary Robin M, perhaps as the next legendary, but I wouldn't call it a safe bet. This sort of thing happening with accessories is too new to get any reliable precedent.

3 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

How many Corrins are there at this point. Oh my goodness. Well, at least it's an easy pass. Nothing really on the rest of the banner will tempt me to summon, so that's good. I need to start saving up again, almost past 200.

4 male and 5 female, for a total of 9. Both male and female Corrin have a regular, a seasonal, an Adrift version, and a Fallen version.

14 hours ago, Othin said:

4 male and 5 female, for a total of 9. Both male and female Corrin have a regular, a seasonal, an Adrift version, and a Fallen version.

I just realized we can have a Corrin Gauntlet! Camilla lost the Gauntlet race to 8 alts. Although technically M!Corrin and F!Corrin are considered separate characters, so Camilla is still in the lead.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I just realized we can have a Corrin Gauntlet! Camilla lost the Gauntlet race to 8 alts. Although technically M!Corrin and F!Corrin are considered separate characters, so Camilla is still in the lead.

Speaking of Camilla, I wonder if Miyuki Sawashiro is off maternity leave. It’s been a while since we’ve gotten an F!Robin(or just Robin alt in general) alt

Edited by Ottservia

So, with Legendary Corrin F having a dark variant of her dragon form, I wonder if Legendary Corrin M will have a light variant, and save Omega Yato for a potential CYL version.

That'd be kind of boring, though.

Edited by Othin

It'd be less boring than the inverse just by virtue of the CYL version not being guaranteed to happen, so I'll take it any day of the week. Still should be cavalry though, their dragon forms practically have hooves!

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

It'd be less boring than the inverse just by virtue of the CYL version not being guaranteed to happen, so I'll take it any day of the week. Still should be cavalry though, their dragon forms practically have hooves!

This, CYL is nit guaranteed to happen and it's a missed opportunity not to have one of the Corrins be a cavalry dragon. Perhaps Child of Dawn Male Corrin can be this. As much as Omega Yato would be appreciated, I don't think we need more swordies as much as we need a cavalry dragon. 

5 hours ago, Ottservia said:

It’s been a while since we’ve gotten an F!Robin(or just Robin alt in general) alt

Yeah, it’s been since literal 2018 since they added a Robin. Sawashiro’s maternity leave excuses the lack of F!Robin, but no such excuses exist for M!Robin.

M!Robin has never placed outside of the top 20 in any CYL, yet all he has gotten since his Fallen alt is a Resplendent that couldn’t salvage him and the awful stat spread of his OG version anyways

Continuing my generally awful luck on characters' release banners, I'm pretty sure Corrin doesn't exist. I've so far pulled

• 6 Mila
  • 2 Bramimond
  • 2 Ike
  • 1 Hrid
  • 1 Eirika

And no Corrin. What the fuck is this.

EDIT:

Final counts. 234 pulls total. Sniping colorless. If none, prioritizing red, then green, then blue. Career total in parentheses.

• 3 Corrin (3)
  • 9 Mila (10)
  • 10 Bramimond (11)
  • 1 Hrid (a lot)
  • 1 Eirika (a lot)
  • 2 Ike (4)

The fact that I managed to basically fully +10 2 different units on a fraction of my old Legendary banner budget, but neither unit was the one I was aiming for, pisses me off.

I'm convinced the only Legendary Hero banners that actually like me are the ones for armored units. Infantry seem to hate me before they get rerun.

Edited by Ice Dragon