October 2020 New Heroes Speculation

October 2020 New Heroes  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2020 at 04:58 AM

Thinking more about Yen'fay, it's interesting that they released Say'ri without him. Maybe the two of them will show up as seasonals together, similar to how Greil, Rudolf, and now Dheginsea have been introduced as seasonals. Alternatively, maybe in like Book 6, we'll be at the point where Amatsu is an acceptable GHB weapon.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree Yen’fay and Say’ri wouldn’t be terrible seasonal candidates (or even a duo hero?), it seems way more likely that Yen’fay would be in a GHB, since he fits the mold perfectly for “sympathetic quasi-villain character” and isn’t as popular as, say, a Severa seasonal alt (at least, I think?).

That being said, I do really want an Awakening banner with Miriel and Ricken, but I don’t think it’s happening this year given that they’ve been easing up on adding new Awakening characters recently.

My prediction is that we’ll be getting an SOV banner because although neither SOV nor Sacred Stones have had regular banners this year, Sacred Stones had seasonal representation fairly lately (summer), whereas SOV’s seasonal representation was back in February. Plus, I could easily see them adding characters like Tatiana and Mycen in who are long overdue.

The banner I want the most would be 3H with Felix and Marianne (but my orbs are gone so...)

I'm also of the assumption that the new heroes banner will be Three Houses.

My desire, however, is a mixed banner between Awakening and Fates. Despite having Owain and Inigo (not default, but still an alt that isn't Laslow) in for a long time, we still have yet to get Severa and that irks me. Meanwhile, we still have yet to get popular child units like Kiragi and Caeldori from Fates...and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a Forging Bonds support between Caeldori and Cordelia.

I'm not expecting an Awakening banner until next summer and when it does come it will probably bring in the rest of the missing Gen 2 kids or those who currently only has a seasonal alt so...Severa, Laurent, Inigo and Noire would round it out nicely. Hopefully Severa and/or Inigo decide to be something other than just another infantry sword unit. Axe Inigo and cavalry bow Severa would be neat.

While I'm talking about 3DS title banners for Echoes I'm hoping for Luthier, Tatiana, Zeke and Valentian Palla on a banner together and on the next Fates banner I'm for Sophie, Dwyer, Anna and Nyx to form a banner out of.

See, the thing is I want the next banner to NOT have units I really want since my orbs are devoted to Halloween dragons right now. That said, units I want are as follows:

Fates: Percy, Dwyer, Mitama (come on, the current FEH story is ACTUALLY ABOUT SLEEPING), Benny, Ignatius, Fuga, Izana, Mozu, and (more than any of the others except for maybe Percy) Shura.

Awakening: Miriel, Laurent, Basilio, Flavia, and most of all, Validar. (Let's get the whole family together with fallen versions of the Morgans, too! If not, M!Morgan having Grima's Truth as his tome works well enough.)

3H: There's a lot here, but most of all I want Ashe.

SoV: Mycen, Luthier and Deen, sure, but seriously? Fernand.

There are more, too (my Tellius list is extensive but at the top is Elena and after her is Boyd.) But the trouble for me is that a lot of the characters who are more popular are already in the game, and for the most part, I'm not super into them. They're cool, sure, but I tend to like those who aren't as popular (though I'm also a fan of Ike, Ephraim, and Hector, for example)...and we're now getting to my favorites and that's bad for my nonexistent orb stockpile.

22 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I'm not expecting an Awakening banner until next summer and when it does come it will probably bring in the rest of the missing Gen 2 kids or those who currently only has a seasonal alt so...Severa, Laurent, Inigo and Noire would round it out nicely. Hopefully Severa and/or Inigo decide to be something other than just another infantry sword unit. Axe Inigo and cavalry bow Severa would be neat.

As much as I would want this, I think the next Awakening banner will be gen 1 units. Since this year's Awakening banner was for units not involved in the Shepherd (except Say'ri). There's quite a few of members of the Shepherd left for one or even two banners.

2 hours ago, Nym said:

As much as I would want this, I think the next Awakening banner will be gen 1 units. Since this year's Awakening banner was for units not involved in the Shepherd (except Say'ri). There's quite a few of members of the Shepherd left for one or even two banners.

The last banner was technically Gen 1 characters though (more like Robinsexuals though seeing as we got Anna, Sayri, Emmeryn and Gangrel all together). The missing Shepard members are really not that popular though and I don't see them skipping over Severa for another year as I believe she will be the highlight for the next Awakening banner unless the spotlight is going to be stolen by a Heroes OC again. Even Priam is more wanted than the majority of the missing Awakening characters.

5 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

The last banner was technically Gen 1 characters though (more like Robinsexuals though seeing as we got Anna, Sayri, Emmeryn and Gangrel all together). The missing Shepard members are really not that popular though and I don't see them skipping over Severa for another year as I believe she will be the highlight for the next Awakening banner unless the spotlight is going to be stolen by a Heroes OC again. Even Priam is more wanted than the majority of the missing Awakening characters.

I swear to god if they do skip over Severa another year I’m gonna fucking riot. At this point she is long overdue to be in Feh. Inigo and Owain have been here for more than a couple years now. She’s the only one of the three without her original version yet in some form or fashion. And now with Jill in the game, she is the most popular non-3H or OC female not yet in the game according to CYL. Skipping over for another year is simply asinine at this point.

8 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I think it's meaningful to group Robinsexuals separately from the proper parent units. The 2018 lineup was all parents (other than Walhart as the GHB), the 2019 one was all kids, and the 2020 one was all Robinsexuals (other than Mustafa and Mirabilis, who weren't really anything). So it looks like they're considering those as three separate categories.

As things currently stand, the missing parents are Miriel, Vaike, Kellam, Ricken, and Gregor, the missing kids are Severa and Laurent (plus Inigo and Noire as seasonal-only), and the missing Robinsexuals are Basilio, Flavia, Yen'fay, and Priam. The missing non-playable characters (who appeared on CYL) are Validar, Cervantes, and Excellus. So parents are the largest group of missing units, and also the one that's gone the longest since getting a banner, so I'd expect them to be at least a partial focus. They could also mix them with kids, for a lineup of like Miriel/Vaike/Severa/Laurent. But my guess is either just parents or parents+kids.

8 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I swear to god if they do skip over Severa another year I’m gonna fucking riot. At this point she is long overdue to be in Feh. Inigo and Owain have been here for more than a couple years now. She’s the only one of the three without her original version yet in some form or fashion. And now with Jill in the game, she is the most popular non-3H or OC female not yet in the game according to CYL. Skipping over for another year is simply asinine at this point.

It's not really a question of another year at this point. Severa could easily show up pretty much anytime on a seasonal.

It's one of the nice things about getting so many new units through seasonals, that there isn't the same kind of pressure of, either a unit gets on the next New Heroes banner or they have to wait for like another year.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:13 AM, Othin said:

I think it's meaningful to group Robinsexuals separately from the proper parent units. The 2018 lineup was all parents (other than Walhart as the GHB), the 2019 one was all kids, and the 2020 one was all Robinsexuals (other than Mustafa and Mirabilis, who weren't really anything). So it looks like they're considering those as three separate categories.

As things currently stand, the missing parents are Miriel, Vaike, Kellam, Ricken, and Gregor, the missing kids are Severa and Laurent (plus Inigo and Noire as seasonal-only), and the missing Robinsexuals are Basilio, Flavia, Yen'fay, and Priam. The missing non-playable characters (who appeared on CYL) are Validar, Cervantes, and Excellus. So parents are the largest group of missing units, and also the one that's gone the longest since getting a banner, so I'd expect them to be at least a partial focus. They could also mix them with kids, for a lineup of like Miriel/Vaike/Severa/Laurent. But my guess is either just parents or parents+kids.

It's not really a question of another year at this point. Severa could easily show up pretty much anytime on a seasonal.

It's one of the nice things about getting so many new units through seasonals, that there isn't the same kind of pressure of, either a unit gets on the next New Heroes banner or they have to wait for like another year.

If seasonals count as new units to you, that's fine. To me, they do not. Bastian in a bunny suit is not Bastian to me. Regular Nasir would make me happy, while Santa Nasir would not. I don't want to see Zihark make his debut in a speedo. And I don't want to see Hapi degraded with a Halloween succubus costume. Tone matters.

And of course the entire reason why it takes so long to see units via New Heroes is because we have far too many seasonals - we don't need and shouldn't have one Special Heroes per month. It should just be one New Year's, one Valentine's, one Summer, one Halloween, one Hoshidian festival, and one Christmas (and even that's pushing it).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

41 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

If seasonals count as new units to you, that's fine. To me, they do not. Bastian in a bunny suit is not Bastian to me. Regular Nasir would make me happy, while Santa Nasir would not. I don't want to see Zihark make his debut in a speedo. And I don't want to see Hapi degraded with a Halloween succubus costume. Tone matters.

And of course the entire reason why it takes so long to see units via New Heroes is because we have far too many seasonals - we don't need and shouldn't have one Special Heroes per month. It should just be one New Year's, one Valentine's, one Summer, one Halloween, one Hoshidian festival, and one Christmas (and even that's pushing it).

The character is the character whatever he or she is dressed up as. Just because you prefer the original look doesn't mean that the character in a different outfit is suddenly not the same character. Personal preference isn't the same as reality. Even in costume, the characters act like themselves, just themselves in an atypical situation. For example, Valentine's Eliwood and Valentine's Lyn were acting perfectly in-character, going along with the celebration and enjoying themselves. Valentine's Hector was also in-character, doing the bare minimum of the celebration (just like he does in court in FE7 -- making an appearance and wearing what he's told to, but still acting kind of brutish) while totally being himself and disregarding anything he isn't interested in (which is even reflected in his title: "Just Here to Fight.")

So, it's not like the characters are suddenly someone else just because their outfits changed and they happen to be partaking in some festivity or other. All it does is show the character in new circumstances, which I would count as getting to know the characters better. This is also why people go out with friends in all kinds of circumstances: to enjoy something together and to see each other in new lights. You may discover something you never knew about them before! But that doesn't make them not themselves.

As for me, I love most of the characters in the series, and I want to hang out with them and spend time with them doing all kinds of fun things. That's why I like seasonals so much and want as many as possible! That way, I can hang out with my friends in more ways than just what I already know. SO LONG AS they stay in-character, which I think IS has done a good job with. In this way, FEH becomes an extension of the other FE games instead of just a repeat (which is also why I found Book 1 very boring -- it was just condensed versions of the FE games and hardly brought anything new. The only good parts were ones the included the characters native to FEH.) In this way, seasonals allow characters' stories to continue from what we already know in their games, and I love that. It means I don't get stuck in a time loop, but instead, get to have even more fun times with the people I've come to care about.

I respect your perspective, but instead of stating it like fact, please try to understand, acknowledge, and respect people who come from a different viewpoint. People are allowed to be happy about seasonals, and really, only IS gets to decide what "should" happen in their game.

8 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

The character is the character whatever he or she is dressed up as. Just because you prefer the original look doesn't mean that the character in a different outfit is suddenly not the same character. Personal preference isn't the same as reality. Even in costume, the characters act like themselves, just themselves in an atypical situation. For example, Valentine's Eliwood and Valentine's Lyn were acting perfectly in-character, going along with the celebration and enjoying themselves. Valentine's Hector was also in-character, doing the bare minimum of the celebration (just like he does in court in FE7 -- making an appearance and wearing what he's told to, but still acting kind of brutish) while totally being himself and disregarding anything he isn't interested in (which is even reflected in his title: "Just Here to Fight.")

So, it's not like the characters are suddenly someone else just because their outfits changed and they happen to be partaking in some festivity or other. All it does is show the character in new circumstances, which I would count as getting to know the characters better. This is also why people go out with friends in all kinds of circumstances: to enjoy something together and to see each other in new lights. You may discover something you never knew about them before! But that doesn't make them not themselves.

As for me, I love most of the characters in the series, and I want to hang out with them and spend time with them doing all kinds of fun things. That's why I like seasonals so much and want as many as possible! That way, I can hang out with my friends in more ways than just what I already know. SO LONG AS they stay in-character, which I think IS has done a good job with. In this way, FEH becomes an extension of the other FE games instead of just a repeat (which is also why I found Book 1 very boring -- it was just condensed versions of the FE games and hardly brought anything new. The only good parts were ones the included the characters native to FEH.) In this way, seasonals allow characters' stories to continue from what we already know in their games, and I love that. It means I don't get stuck in a time loop, but instead, get to have even more fun times with the people I've come to care about.

I respect your perspective, but instead of stating it like fact, please try to understand, acknowledge, and respect people who come from a different viewpoint. People are allowed to be happy about seasonals, and really, only IS gets to decide what "should" happen in their game.

I don't need to preface every sentence with "IMO" for it to be my opinion. I'm not going to weaken my language so that you don't for some reason misconstrue my every word as fact.

And yes, to me, outfits do matter. If part of my admiration for their character is their dignity or seriousness, seeing them in something that thoroughly reduces their dignity does kill that for me.

Plus, there's other, better ways of continuing your "fun times" with characters. Dragalia Lost offers full Forging Bonds style story lines for each character. Maybe we should be asking for that from FE Heroes.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Seasonal Bastian is seasonal Bastian. It's fine if the only thing you'd be happy with is regular Bastian, but seasonal Bastian would still be a kind of Bastian, just a different one. 

However any of us might feel about it, I think it's clear that IS considers them "real" representations of the characters, and the way CYL votes have changed over time suggests the same goes for a lot of the fanbase. Personally I'd very much like it for them all to get regular versions, but I've recognized that that's not realistic in the foreseeable future, and adjusted my expectations accordingly. Especially since I feel that most of the characters that have the most need for regular versions have gotten them by now. 

As for the number of seasonal banners, my impression is that as we get further and further into the cast, it will get harder for New Heroes banners to financially sustain the game. Doing an unsustainable number of New Heroes banners now could shorten the game's lifespan, and result in fewer New Heroes banners happening total. I don't want that. 

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Seasonal Bastian is seasonal Bastian. It's fine if the only thing you'd be happy with is regular Bastian, but seasonal Bastian would still be a kind of Bastian, just a different one. 

However any of us might feel about it, I think it's clear that IS considers them "real" representations of the characters, and the way CYL votes have changed over time suggests the same goes for a lot of the fanbase. Personally I'd very much like it for them all to get regular versions, but I've recognized that that's not realistic in the foreseeable future, and adjusted my expectations accordingly. Especially since I feel that most of the characters that have the most need for regular versions have gotten them by now. 

As for the number of seasonal banners, my impression is that as we get further and further into the cast, it will get harder for New Heroes banners to financially sustain the game. Doing an unsustainable number of New Heroes banners now could shorten the game's lifespan, and result in fewer New Heroes banners happening total. I don't want that. 

That's a bit of reaching speculation. If your assertion was correct, being on a seasonal banner would likely disqualify a unit from receiving a regular version because they would already be represented in IS's view.

Likely, IS doesn't even have a concept of "representation." That's likely an entirely community end concern. It's also difficult to put much stock in the most recent CYL, as all results were wildly skewed by the release of a new game.

(And now we also know that CYL is vulnerable to vote botting with what happened with Jorge. Hopefully they counter that in future; perhaps by opening up votes only to Heroes accounts at x very obtainable arena rank or hours played.)

I am to the point of I would take bunny Elphin over no Elphin (and I really don't like the bunny alts), so that I have a version of him in the game.  As to what the new banner will be I think 3Hs is the best bet, but I would like it to be either Sacred Stones or Binding Blade.  

23 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That's a bit of reaching speculation. If your assertion was correct, being on a seasonal banner would likely disqualify a unit from receiving a regular version because they would already be represented in IS's view.

Likely, IS doesn't even have a concept of "representation." That's likely an entirely community end concern. It's also difficult to put much stock in the most recent CYL, as all results were wildly skewed by the release of a new game.

(And now we also know that CYL is vulnerable to vote botting with what happened with Jorge. Hopefully they counter that in future; perhaps by opening up votes only to Heroes accounts at x very obtainable arena rank or hours played.)

It doesn't imply anything of the sort. IS is happy to give both a regular version and a seasonal version to the same character, regardless of the order. All it implies is that IS thinks that either one would be effective at satisfying fans who want the character in the game, and then maybe they'll get the other as a bonus. And CYL absolutely supports that. When a unit gets added for the first time, their CYL score generally drops a lot, whether they're added as a regular unit or a seasonal, and CYL4 seems to have been normal in that regard. I don't see any reason to think the 3H votes had a disproportionate effect on those units, to have anything to do with that. 

Edited by Othin

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Plus, there's other, better ways of continuing your "fun times" with characters. Dragalia Lost offers full Forging Bonds style story lines for each character. Maybe we should be asking for that from FE Heroes.

Honestly, this would be super fun. But also super expensive/lots of effort, given the sheer amount of characters we have.

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

If seasonals count as new units to you, that's fine. To me, they do not. Bastian in a bunny suit is not Bastian to me.

To me, it really depends on how ridiculous the seasonal costume is and how much sense it would make for that character to be in a seasonal costume in the first place. Take Valentine Alm and Celica, for example. It doesn’t feel too much out of character for them to be gushing endlessly about their love because they’re literally the most iconic FE couple (sorry, Pent and Louise). Likewise, it makes sense for them to be wearing costumes from their childhood, and, compared to other seasonals, they don’t look too silly. 

Then compare that to someone like Winter Tharja. She’s... sort of in character... I guess? But, like, would anyone really be caught dead wearing that outfit in the cold? Winter Tharja just makes my head hurt.

Valentine Alm and Celica is Alm and Celica. Winter Tharja is not Tharja. Or a person.

1 hour ago, SirErrant said:

Valentine Alm and Celica is Alm and Celica. Winter Tharja is not Tharja. Or a person.

I'd argue that Tharja is totally in-character. All she cares about is attracting Robin (or Corrin, depending on if you count Rahjat or not.) Her usual outfit isn't exactly bundled-up either.

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I'd argue that Tharja is totally in-character. All she cares about is attracting Robin (or Corrin, depending on if you count Rahjat or not.) Her usual outfit isn't exactly bundled-up either.

True, things like W!Jaffar are more outliers, or S!Catria, who really does not enjoy her outfit and doesn't even know why she's wearing it. Jaffar could be post FE7 gaffer where Nino is reintegrating him in society, but it's kind of a stretch. 

There are 3 sorts of seasonal broadly as far as I can tell and as far as I distinguish them.

- I would not consider these canon seasonals; S!Catria, H!Dheginsea. Things that are so incredibly out of character for a unit that it isn't feasible for them to be in that situation. 

- Things that could happen, but are pretty far out there; H!Jaffar as mentioned, it requires a very specific situation but could theoretically happen.

- Reasonable alts/New hero in disguise; Darros, Rafiel, V!Alm and Celica. Pretty much units that wear an outfit that has been mentioned in the lore of a game, has been seen etc or an outfit that actually is just their regular outfit but the hero in question has a specific topic of conversation. Rafiel looks pretty much like regular Rafiel, Darros looks like a regular pirate etc etc. 

I like the last sort the most, and I mostly enjoy the second sort as well. those may just falter a bit based on personal preference of a certain theme. I am not a big easter fan, so those skins most often don't really appeal to me if they are more like S!Loki. The first one I just don't like that much. There is no conceivable reason for Dheginsea to go somewhere and it can't be past the events of RD since he's kinda dead.  I'll accept it as Fe Heroes canon, but that does not mean I like it or agree with it per se.

I found Winter Tharja funny, but I wouldn't think of her as particularly good Tharja representation if she was Tharja's only version. But I also think seasonals have been getting better about that over time, both with how they're handled as individuals and in the Paralogue stories, such as with the whole thing about everyone trying to cheer up Dheginsea. Even if it's a situation that wouldn't fit well into the canon Tellius story, I think it's a reasonable AU that brings in enough of his character to be meaningful. I'd still very much like to get regular Dheginsea eventually, but I'm in less of a hurry now.

I will say that there is a certain (very small minority) of seasonals that are so high quality that I would consider to them to be almost as good as NH (or would, if their weapons weren't immersion breaking). 

These almost always fall into the dancer category (this last wave was especially good), though the last valentine's banner also had some solid ones. Rafiel was very nearly his regular self.

2 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

There is no conceivable reason for Dheginsea to go somewhere and it can't be past the events of RD since he's kinda dead.

Some of the heroes know they are going to die or are implied to be after their death to which some people have theorized that the world of Heroes itself is an afterlife of some sort. Eldigan, GD Greil, Helbindi, Laegjarn, regular Lyon, Quan, Meisterschwert Reinhardt, Sigurd, and possibly Aversa I recall having castle or poke quotes acknowledging their death or implying they know how and when they will die. Additionally, I had to look it up for Hel, Lif, and Thrasir who also share this with Hel straight-up asking about Breidablik as the weapon that "undid [her]." Hector I am going to ignore since he explicitly told he will die in the battlefield for wielding Armads. Some of them talk about it more in Forging Bonds like GD Greil or regular Lyon and Fomortiis Lyon. Regardless, the point is that we do have some heroes who were summoned after their death or they know they are dead or have died without looking into their world's history.

For Dheginsea, a version of him could be summoned from after the events of Radiant Dawn; after his death. Why he is here, what he does, and how he reacts are up to the developers. Some of it might be absurd and out of character like Dheginsea dressing up as a vampire and spending time at a festival, but the little things like him reminiscing about his children and his past from seeing children like kid Tiki having fun eating candy and such I think are fine or perhaps in character as while I have not played the Tellius games, I don't think it would be too farfetched for Dheginsea to be wistful about better days.

Edited by Kaden

13 hours ago, Kaden said:

Some of the heroes know they are going to die or are implied to be after their death to which some people have theorized that the world of Heroes itself is an afterlife of some sort. Eldigan, GD Greil, Helbindi, Laegjarn, regular Lyon, Quan, Meisterschwert Reinhardt, Sigurd, and possibly Aversa I recall having castle or poke quotes acknowledging their death or implying they know how and when they will die. Additionally, I had to look it up for Hel, Lif, and Thrasir who also share this with Hel straight-up asking about Breidablik as the weapon that "undid [her]." Hector I am going to ignore since he explicitly told he will die in the battlefield for wielding Armads. Some of them talk about it more in Forging Bonds like GD Greil or regular Lyon and Fomortiis Lyon. Regardless, the point is that we do have some heroes who were summoned after their death or they know they are dead or have died without looking into their world's history.

For Dheginsea, a version of him could be summoned from after the events of Radiant Dawn; after his death. Why he is here, what he does, and how he reacts are up to the developers. Some of it might be absurd and out of character like Dheginsea dressing up as a vampire and spending time at a festival, but the little things like him reminiscing about his children and his past from seeing children like kid Tiki having fun eating candy and such I think are fine or perhaps in character as while I have not played the Tellius games, I don't think it would be too farfetched for Dheginsea to be wistful about better days.

In the cases of characters knowing that they died/will die, they also specifically mention that they are not the same ones as the versions of themselves from other versions of the same characters' worlds. And, especially from the FB with the Krises, we know that Askr has records on the events from other worlds' history. My thought is that the characters were told (in Askr) about when they would/did die, since it's an important thing for them to know when they interact with people who knew about them in their own worlds.

For example, Anna may have told Griel offscreen "Okay, so, here you'll see your mercenary company, including your kids. But in the timeline they're from, you already died, so they may react kind of strongly to seeing you alive here. It's possible because they're from another Tellius/point in time in Tellius. So, don't be too surprised if there are tears."

As for Dheginsea, as you say, he acts perfectly in-character, thinking about his kids as he does. The guy's the type to reminisce and is somewhat resistant to change. The fact that he appears ONLY alongside other dragons explains everything else, too. For example, even though I doubt they have legends of vampires in Goldoa, we don't actually know much of what Goldoa is like (outside of being a very very closed nation.) Though Dheginsea tolerates Beorc and other tribes of Laguz and is a reasonable guy, he's also very stubborn and refuses to let them stay in Goldoa if them arriving couldn't be helped. He won't kill on the spot, but he will hurry them out of his country. So, he's constantly surrounded by dragons. That said, it makes sense that the only thing that could lure him out of Goldoa (besides Breidablik yoinking him into Askr) is the exploration of the culture other dragons (which he hasn't been able to interact with before.) He's very much a dragon's dragon. That is, he sees them as kin and is curious about them (as is shown by pretty much the first thing he does is ask Ninian if her people and his are distantly related, implying that he was told this offscreen by someone -- probably one of the Askr trio -- and wanted to investigate.) Plus, it's not like his costume isn't dignified, and it still has draconic elements to it (which, again, is totally the sort of thing he'd wear.) Odds are, the conversation went something like this:

King Goldoa: Where am I and who dares to take me from my kingdom?!

Anna: Whoaa, whoa whoa! Please calm down, King Dheginsea! You're in Askr, a kingdom which connects many worlds, including your own! You were brought here by our summoner, here. You see, *explains the whole bringing peace to Askr thing*

King Goldoa: You have my condolances for the threat to your kingdom but that does not concern me. Let the Beorc handle what problems they cause for themselves.

Anna: But it's not only Beorc who are involved! Even other dragons from all sorts of other worlds have agreed to help Askr!

King Goldoa: ... Other dragons? From other worlds?

And then he learns about other dragons from other worlds and is all curious about them and wants an opportunity to talk with them since he thinks it'd be interesting and since it's not an opportunity he'd have again. Anna mentions this festival coming up and gets someone to help him pick a costume so that he can mingle with other dragons during it. Which then leads us to the paralogue.

Bam. Looks perfectly in-character to me.

On 10/12/2020 at 5:49 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

I will say that there is a certain (very small minority) of seasonals that are so high quality that I would consider to them to be almost as good as NH (or would, if their weapons weren't immersion breaking).

These almost always fall into the dancer category (this last wave was especially good), though the last valentine's banner also had some solid ones. Rafiel was very nearly his regular self.

I would also count Pirate Tibarn in the category; i mean, he is a pirate in-game (pre-game?) and I've had to do double-takes at making sure that outfit isn't his canon self - having such a high quality character designer working on him doesn't hurt. Neither does a broken kit.

Which - on that note, if it's more based on character's pre- or post-game selves (since a lot of characters have had several odd jobs or most likely celebrated their own in-game holidays - for example, Bastion as a court jester? that's basically his archetype), I'm definitely more content. Seems like IS is figuring that line out.