Write Your Butt Off 358/II.8 prompts HD Final Chapter Prologue

Benice

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Benice said:

@SoulWeaver,  if you are going to be able to get your entry in today, I shall accept it given that we would otherwise be forgoing voting in general.

I had errands today that went longer than I'd expected, so it isn't finished yet, but I'm currently frantically burning it out and will hopefully be done by the end of the evening. I'll be posting it even if I finish too late since I was actually pretty excited when I thought it up, so either way I hope you guys enjoy it.

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

I had errands today that went longer than I'd expected, so it isn't finished yet, but I'm currently frantically burning it out and will hopefully be done by the end of the evening. I'll be posting it even if I finish too late since I was actually pretty excited when I thought it up, so either way I hope you guys enjoy it.

No worries! I forgot to update the OP yesterday, and I think having an actual voting phase is something that everyone would be happy with.

Welp, it's not quite finished but I definitely have the rest of the outline in OpenOffice and I'll add the rest into the doc tomorrow. Accept it or don't, whatever works!

Anyone here watch Overlord? I only got through like five episodes, but it looked good, and I admit I liked the credits song enough to get a cover from iTunes.

Tagging @Ottservia(if he's still on here, I would have thought he would have joined on this by now) since I think he'd appreciate this idea.

Title: Isekai? What's that?(shut up it's the best I could come up with it's 11:45 at night)

Notes:

Spoiler

Yeah should be obvious this was rushed out last possible second. Couple plot holes, too much exposition, yada yada yada.

Edited by SoulWeaver

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Welp, it's not quite finished but I definitely have the rest of the outline in OpenOffice and I'll add the rest into the doc tomorrow. Accept it or don't, whatever works!

Anyone here watch Overlord? I only got through like five episodes, but it looked good, and I admit I liked the credits song enough to get a cover from iTunes.

Tagging @Ottservia(if he's still on here, I would have thought he would have joined on this by now) since I think he'd appreciate this idea.

Title: Isekai? What's that?(shut up it's the best I could come up with it's 11:45 at night)

Notes:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah should be obvious this was rushed out last possible second. Couple plot holes, too much exposition, yada yada yada.

Not as cracked as my fic and made a ton more sense lol.

OP has been updated! Voting will conclude on the night of March 1st, and writing will commence on March 2nd or 3rd!

Edited by Benice

12 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Ok, got the rest added in. Almost 2300 words, originally I was afraid I'd barely make the 1k minimum, we take those I guess. Hope you guys enjoy.

Mine was short and like I was fully on crack it was that bad lol

19 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Mine was short and like I was fully on crack it was that bad lol

In fairness, the prompts to work with were "Financial Compensation" and "Absurdity Taken Seriously," so I'm more surprised that one of us managed to come up with something not on crack, doubly so that it was me considering my original idea was to work the prompts in more seriously and do something about a guy getting in an anime-level accident and having a representative of a financial aid company come to talk to him about receiving compensation for his ridiculous injury.

Anyways, I was gonna say I think Chloey should run the next prompt since I technically just did one. Her piece technically fits my side of the double prompt more than mine does, since YGO-level Yami-style alter ego stuff is of course patently ridiculous, while SCP-themed isekai pilot episode stuff is clearly the sort of thing that happens far more often than you'd think.

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

In fairness, the prompts to work with were "Financial Compensation" and "Absurdity Taken Seriously," so I'm more surprised that one of us managed to come up with something not on crack, doubly so that it was me considering my original idea was to work the prompts in more seriously and do something about a guy getting in an anime-level accident and having a representative of a financial aid company come to talk to him about receiving compensation for his ridiculous injury.

Anyways, I was gonna say I think Chloey should run the next prompt since I technically just did one. Her piece technically fits my side of the double prompt more than mine does, since YGO-level Yami-style alter ego stuff is of course patently ridiculous, while SCP-themed isekai pilot episode stuff is clearly the sort of thing that happens far more often than you'd think.

Mate I just ran the one before that lol!

I might be calling this one a little early, but @SoulWeaver, please have a prompt ready to roll tomorrow! I probably don't need to tell you that, though.

(Are these reminders helpful or annoying? Please do let me know.)

15 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

LOL I freaking called it!!

So funnily enough I actually thought I had another day to vote and haven't been on a computer to check, so we technically should have had another tie because I really did think yours held the prompt a bit better.

20 hours ago, Benice said:

I might be calling this one a little early, but @SoulWeaver, please have a prompt ready to roll tomorrow! I probably don't need to tell you that, though.

(Are these reminders helpful or annoying? Please do let me know.)

Shoot, I think I misplaced my prompt list. Hope I get some inspiration tonight.

On 2/27/2022 at 1:47 AM, SoulWeaver said:

He got a warning from the mods and assumed he was banned. 10/10 story, me and the boys have been having a good laugh.

"Alright kid, this has to be kept a secret, which is why we're going to tell you about and then put you on drugs to cover up our obvious mistake."

I've never seen such accurate representation for glowies.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Well, I was going to force people to write about FEH Summoner S-Support nonsensery, but after taking some thought, I'm pretty much going to do what I seem to always do when I get the prompt: Take something I feel like writing and do a prompt that gives me an excuse to write that.

For your prompt, you may choose between Twisted Timelines or Wrecked World-realms. Interpret either statement how you choose, of course.

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

He got a warning from the mods and assumed he was banned. 10/10 story, me and the boys have been having a good laugh.

"Alright kid, this has to be kept a secret, which is why we're going to tell you about and then put you on drugs to cover up our obvious mistake."

I've never seen such accurate representation for glowies.

Somehow didn't see this. That's...unfortunate, he's like the only other person on here I know who also appreciates both VOCALOID music and Severa. What'd he get hit for?

Also excuse my lack of worldly knowledge but what's a glowie?

7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Well, I was going to force people to write about FEH Summoner S-Support nonsensery, but after taking some thought, I'm pretty much going to do what I seem to always do when I get the prompt: Take something I feel like writing and do a prompt that gives me an excuse to write that.

I strangely enough did have an idea for that, but I never wrote it for obvious reasons.

For your prompt, you may choose between Twisted Timelines or Wrecked World-realms. Interpret either statement how you choose, of course.

More Ruined World fanfiction coming up.

Somehow didn't see this. That's...unfortunate, he's like the only other person on here I know who also appreciates both VOCALOID music and Severa. What'd he get hit for?

Also excuse my lack of worldly knowledge but what's a glowie?

Probably for gettin' pissy with the mods. Classic blunder, ya know? Honestly surprised he hadn't been warned before.

A "glowie" is a government agent, especially an undercover agent of the United States federal government, or someone who engages in similar honeypots and psyops for the sake of a bureaucracy. So named because they "glow in the dark" (are easy to spot through their disguises).

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

More Ruined World fanfiction coming up.

Excellent, I look forward to it.

Probably for gettin' pissy with the mods. Classic blunder, ya know? Honestly surprised he hadn't been warned before.

Hm, fair, he did seem to like to pick fights on the unpopular opinion thread, which name of course translates to 'thread the mods are legally obligated to police at least three times a day to keep it from becoming a crapstorm,' so I guess it shouldn't be a big surprise.

A "glowie" is a government agent, especially an undercover agent of the United States federal government, or someone who engages in similar honeypots and psyops for the sake of a bureaucracy. So named because they "glow in the dark" (are easy to spot through their disguises).

...Well, that seems obvious, I feel a bit dumb for that one, haha.

Also for everyone's knowledge:

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Warped was the word I was actually meaning - bit of a difference between a wrecked world and a warped one. You can also of course meld the two statements, I know I will.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

So, wait. What's the new prompt?

I gotchu, Benice is a bit behind schedule right now.

20 hours ago, SoulWeaver said: