New Heroes & Ascended Laegjarn

IGdood

24 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Actually that makes him better. It's a fake spoiler that will throw players for a loop when things don't go that way in the original game. More what if units like him would be nice. And it's not like there are a lot of candidates left for Fallen Banners (I mean, there are all the morphs and dealords but only a few of them are zombies of popular characters).

Ninian is one possibility I'm surprised they haven't used yet IIRC (forgive this non-player if she was already added). More Breath is always better. There were ten seconds in Blazing when Nergal had her brainwashed and summoning Fire Dragons. Heck, she, not the highly unpopular eventual Red Tome GHB, could be the one who brings the generic final boss of FE7 into FEH. I believe her eyes even had a trance-esque look to them.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Actually that makes him better. It's a fake spoiler that will throw players for a loop when things don't go that way in the original game. More what if units like him would be nice. And it's not like there are a lot of candidates left for Fallen Banners (I mean, there are all the morphs and dealords but only a few of them are zombies of popular characters).

I disagree. I think Fallen Heroes is better off using actual concepts rather than just making stuff up (and yeah, I know Cipher made up Fallen Ike first). If they just make stuff up then they can make fallen versions of all the most popular characters that have a million alts already instead of utilizing stuff from the actual games. As for the candidates left for Fallen Banners. I would say it's actually fairly decently sized. Some of the following will be reaching, but a lot of it isn't. This was a list I composed before the last Fallen Heroes banner at the start of the year and all the characters on that appeared on it.

Spoiler

Shadow Dragon

No one I can think of. We already have Fallen Tiki and that's about it.

Gaiden

*Marla

*Hestia

*Already have her with fallen Berku, but flaming Rinea is still an option if they want it

New Mystery

*Elice

*Lena

*Maria

*Nyna

*Bit of a stretch but Ghost Gharnef

*Hell I'll say Medeus himself. His Earth Dragon form isn't depicted as anyway good, but he still has that fallen aesthetic in his Dark Dragon form

Genealogy

*Fully possessed Julius in the same vein as Fully Possessed Lyon (would be nice to have a Julius that's half decent as a unit)

Thracia

The Deadlords, so in terms of characters that would be

*Raydrik

*Galzus

*Dagdar

*Evyl

*Sara

*Lifis

Binding Blade

Hmm. Can't think of anyone specific. Default Idoun is already kind of the fallen version of her. I guess they could pull off a Fallen Zephiel if they make it the state he was in when he killed his father.

Blazing Blade

Nergal's endgame morphs, so,

*Ursula

*Lloyd

*Linus

*Jerme

*Kenneth

*Brendan

*Darin

*Uhai

*Kishuna as well, kind of

Only one of them I see standing a decent chance is Brendan given it's the only time you actually fight him in the game. Oh wait

*Berserk Ninian, that's a thing, and could actually work pretty well.

*Dunban, he was the berserker after all

*And I see a lot of people are (understandably) clamoring for Nergal himself. Which if it's to be Fallen Nergal I'd rather it be crazy Nergal summoning the Fire Dragon and leaving calm Nergal with his tome for a different date, though I don't particularly seeing that happen much as I'd love it to for actually including random fire dragon.

Sacred Stones

*Morva

*Orson

*Vigarde

Path of Radiance

*Freal Rajaion

*Feral Renning

Radiant Dawn

*Feral Muraim, it's just that one scene and he's a minor character, still, beasts are in short supply

*Berserk Greil (this is totally who Fallen Ike should have been instead imo)

*Lehran? Doesn't really fit the aesthetic but he does suit it conceptually

Awakening

*Amnesiac Emmeryn (lol) Base Emmeryn is pre fall, right?

*Future Past Morgan Male

*Future Past Morgan Female

*Noire? It's played for a joke, but it's not the worst fit. Likely won't happen though

Fates

Anankos's posse, so

*Sumeragi

*Arete

*Mikoto

*Scarlet,

*Anthony (as a beast unit? Or they can just finally give us gauntlets to fill up that colourless physical niche)

*Berserk Kana Male

*Berserk Kana Female

*Rhajat? I remember you fight her in her recruitment chapter, though I can't quite remember the justification as to why

*Cavalry Dragon Gunther (make it happen IS!)

*Goo Garon

*Technically any of the first gen Fates characters given Heirs of Fates's last chapter

Three Houses

*Silver Snow Rhea

*Hegemon Edelgard

*Miklan

*Monica's Father

*Crimson Flower Dedue

*Boar Dimitri, though we've kind of seen that character design with his brave version already

*Aelfric

*They're not fallen Heroes, but any of the Agrathans could fit the aestetic.

Other

*Darios from Fire Emblem Warriors

*Yasuo from TMS, I can't remember exactly why he fights you in that. I think he's just a dick, still it'd be a good opportunity to try in squeeze in one of the last two TMS characters

*Shade from Cipher, though this would be more based off her getting possessed or something in Shadows of Valentia

So I reckon they could easily give us three more fallen banners without even dipping into morphs, deadlords or fantasy scenarios (and even with the Morphs, Branden Reed is pretty well suited as a fallen hero given you never fight his actual form in game and most of his whole character arc is about him being fallen from what he once was).

To theory craft a few we could get a banner entirely based around the ending of Mystery, the four maidens are all reasonably popular characters and Medeus has to get into the game eventually despite their insistence on ignoring him (Medeus getting into the game and also Medeus having a fallen alt are not mutually exclusive things given there are two distinct forms of Medeus).

Likewise there's still enough Three Houses content, and motivation to use it given the lack of beast units, to fill out a full banner. Silver Snow Rhea, Miklan and Crimson Flower Dedue would all be very popular additions I think (almost too popular to all add to a single banner). Aelfric isn't really a popular character, but just by the mere fact that he has a beast mode, I expect to see him as a character some day (I should not any of these characters save the four maidens could get into the game as regular units like Arete did).

To pick up some other lose stuff, a fallen hero is the best way to get Morva into the game, bot because it's the only way in which you ever fight him and because honestly he's a really flat character. With out the zombie element to him all he has is "protecting the forest is my job", with the zombie element his character becomes about his failure to protect the forest and can give him some stuff with Fomortiis Lyon in forging bonds. Also from Sacred Stones, Vigarde is a major boss in the game and works better as a fallen unit rather than a regular unit (I still wouldn't call him exactly a popular character, but he is a noteworthy one).

Like I said already, berserk Greil is who I think Berserk Ike should have been. But even putting Berserk Ike aside, Berserk Greil is a noteworthy part of Greil's character and it would be a way to get him in as a sword unit, alongside the Ettard sword which there's no sign of.

Arete got in as a regular unit, but I still reckon a Fallen Banner is the best way to introduce Sumeragi given the aesthetic he works with in Fates. They've also given us two different Fallen Corrins, I could see them absolutely being unoriginal and giving us two different fallen Kanas for the exact same reason. Fallen Gunther I fully expect some day, though I'm sure he'll probably be a lance cav and not the mounted dragon I want him to be.

So yeah, there's definitely enough content to string out fallen banners for another few years without reaching heavily into more contrived territory. And even for the more minor stuff, I, personally, don't think it'd be particularly bad. A fallen Galzus could be a seriously cool character in Heroes.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ninian is one possibility I'm surprised they haven't used yet IIRC (forgive this non-player if she was already added). More Breath is always better. There were ten seconds in Blazing when Nergal had her brainwashed and summoning Fire Dragons. Heck, she, not the highly unpopular eventual Red Tome GHB, could be the one who brings the generic final boss of FE7 into FEH. I believe her eyes even had a trance-esque look to them.

No, we don't have a Fallen Ninian yet but give it time. IS will probably get to her eventually (we did get Fallen Celica, who also spent all of one cutscene in her brainwashed state).

.....Or maybe they won't, since Ninian still only has one alt (plus being Halloween Y!Tiki's cheerleader) despite her always polling well in each CYL (Ninian was 70th in CYL5, second only to Nino among the FE7 cast).

H9YceSi.png

Whoa nelly. Lethality is way more powerful than I expected.

The Edgelord is a worst case scenario +10+10 with a Def superboon. Meanwhile Larum is just +2+15 and Neutral, with her only external help being a +6 Atk buff (but I could make it non-external with a Rouse).

I was concerned that Larum was too noodlearms at first, but any fears I had about Lethality being wasted on her have been safely assuaged.

Edited by Some Jerk

3 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

H9YceSi.png

Whoa nelly. Lethality is way more powerful than I expected.

The Edgelord is a worst case scenario +10+10 with a Def superboon. Meanwhile Larum is just +2+15 and Neutral, with her only external help being a +6 Atk buff (but I could make it non-external with a Rouse).

I was concerned that Larum was too noodlearms at first, but any fears I had about Lethality being wasted on her have been safely assuaged.

The issue with Lethality is that it is too slow to trigger. And if you are also going to spend Orbs for Courtly Fan and Flashing Blade, and Grails for Windsweep on top, you might as well just spend Orbs on a single copy of a tankbuster who can crack walls at a much cheaper price. A single copy of Alm: Imperial Ascent just by itself is generally going to be cheaper than Flashing Blade 4 if you summon him in the annual CYL Foci.

I just realized Laegjarn is sitting sidesaddle. Hard to see with her bow and arms in front of her. No idea how that would work out for horseback archery and it's likely to be as unsafe as when she did the same for her summer alt or Eir riding sidesaddle on a pegasus.

Edited by Kaden

Yay, Astrid! I wish she were a color other than green, but another cavalry archer is always welcome in my barracks. It only took me seven summons to get ninja Corrin and Elise, so I have a fair number of orbs left over. At the same time, I know there will be an Awakening banner in the very near future and several characters I’m fond of are likely contenders for it. Ninja Navarre is also tempting.

The rest of the banner is a pass for me. I’m indifferent to Volke, Marcia and Tanith. I wasn’t sure what to expect with a new Tellius banner, and I’m surprised we got a second consecutive beorc-only banner. I would’ve loved to see Kieran (Where is he? Oscar has been in Heroes for quite some time) and Calill.

13 hours ago, XRay said:

The issue with Lethality is that it is too slow to trigger. And if you are also going to spend Orbs for Courtly Fan and Flashing Blade, and Grails for Windsweep on top, you might as well just spend Orbs on a single copy of a tankbuster who can crack walls at a much cheaper price. A single copy of Alm: Imperial Ascent just by itself is generally going to be cheaper than Flashing Blade 4 if you summon him in the annual CYL Foci.

Oh I've got better tankbusters, but my gimmick with this game is "make dancers into monsters", and Larum is the fastest dagger dancer that can get Infantry skills like Flashing Blade, Special Spiral, and Time's Pulse; in fact she was the fastest Infantry dancer period before Brave Marianne happened. When your primary choice of units is strapped for BST, you have to work with the tools you're given.

Also, Larum is a favorite and a cutie and deserves to be spoiled (and already had all of the things you listed). Also she's an FE6 unit and thus gets the Harmonic buff from Cuteria, which is going to be hella fun to crack open Saveballs with.

12 hours ago, Kaden said:

I just realized Laegjarn is sitting sidesaddle. Hard to see with her bow and arms in front of her. No idea how that would work out for horseback archery and it's likely to be as unsafe as when she did the same for her summer alt or Eir riding sidesaddle on a pegasus.

FE6_Nomadic_Trooper_Critical.gif

...I somewhat doubt IntSys ever has reality in mind when designing horseback units.

Edited by Some Jerk

29 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Oh I've got better tankbusters, but my gimmick with this game is "make dancers into monsters", and Larum is the fastest dagger dancer that can get Infantry skills like Flashing Blade, Special Spiral, and Time's Pulse; in fact she was the fastest Infantry dancer period before Brave Marianne happened. When your primary choice of units is strapped for BST, you have to work with the tools you're given.

Also, Larum is a favorite and a cutie and deserves to be spoiled (and already had all of the things you listed). Also she's an FE6 unit and thus gets the Harmonic buff from Cuteria, which is going to be hella fun to crack open Saveballs with.

FE6_Nomadic_Trooper_Critical.gif

...I somewhat doubt IntSys ever has reality in mind when designing horseback units.

That horse is moving suitably horselike. It's Shin's ass muscles that are strong enough to propel him into the stratosphere that's scientifically suspect.

On 11/18/2021 at 8:13 PM, Tybrosion said:

No, we don't have a Fallen Ninian yet but give it time. IS will probably get to her eventually (we did get Fallen Celica, who also spent all of one cutscene in her brainwashed state).

.....Or maybe they won't, since Ninian still only has one alt (plus being Halloween Y!Tiki's cheerleader) despite her always polling well in each CYL (Ninian was 70th in CYL5, second only to Nino among the FE7 cast).

Ninian is pretty popular, idk if by alts you only meant seasonals or alts in general (like, counting her OG version), if its in general then she has 3 (OG, bridal and halloween). I hope she will have a fallen alt someday too.

I'm more concerned about Soren's next alt, he polls well in CYL too but only has 2 alts (counting OG)

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

That horse is moving suitably horselike. It's Shin's ass muscles that are strong enough to propel him into the stratosphere that's scientifically suspect.

He also has some serious acrobatic skills being able to swing around under the horse on the recovery, presumably because he has a shit-ton of momentum left over after falling from that height (and the pause for the damage bar to go down isn't actually real), but the horse has to have a strong back to handle that.

5 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Ninian is pretty popular, idk if by alts you only meant seasonals or alts in general (like, counting her OG version), if its in general then she has 3 (OG, bridal and halloween). I hope she will have a fallen alt someday too.

I'm more concerned about Soren's next alt, he polls well in CYL too but only has 2 alts (counting OG)

I wasn't including her base version. When I say "alts", I'm referring to any version of a character that isn't using their standard design (so seasonal units, Legendary units, etc.).