How I imagine a Fire Emblem 4 remake

JungleGoutte01

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Although, Thraccia seemed to be going in the direction that Blume opposes stuff like the Child Hunts.

I feel Blume was meant to be a character skirting the gray line. Doesn't support the child hunts (and in fact, barring Hilda the entire family are against them), but unlike Ishtar doesn't really does much to stop them. Lets his wife torture Tailtiu, but at the same time he does think of his sister as a traitor. Which brings the question: Does Blume knew about the schemes of his father? Was he in on them if so? For all we know he has been fed the propaganda of "Sigurd the Traitor" who killed his father, the seemingly innocent Prime Minister of Grannvale, and with his sister(s) complicit in the act, he felt he had to enact retribution. Kinslaying to repay kinslaying. Tine does say that he was much better than Hilda in how he treated her... even if, again, he did not much to stop Hilda from torturing her mother. Again, Hilda was like the only one of the family actually mistreating Tailtiu and Tine.

I would assert that, as head of House Friege, Blume bears responsibility for abuses committed within his family. He doesn't bother to stop Hilda, even though it's within his awareness and power, which is almost as bad as being the abuser himself.

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not quite. Reptor does tells to Arvis that most of their militaries are outside Grannvale subjugating the already-conquering regions. So most of the Gelbenritter wasn't there to be slaughtered by Sigurd's army. Agustria going to the Frieges makes sense if you consider Friege is the Grannvale territory that borders Agustria, though considering the mountains lying in-between, passage might not be easy. I wouldn't be surprised if Andrei was meant to hold Verdane, but since he died it went to Scipio instead. But yeah, no word if Agustria was traded for Munster or if they actually held both (plus Miletos by Hilda).

That seems plausible, I suppose. Especially since Reptor wasn't defending Friege territory in chapter 5. The same, of course, can't be said of Langbart and House Dozel. If the majority of the Grauritter was elsewhere, then they failed in their paramount responsibility - defense of Castle Dozel.

8 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Again, rather mixed on this. On one hand, it does work. On the other hand, it takes away much of the personal motivation from the playable characters. But yea, it does largely still work, so I exaggerated a bit. Still prefer what we have though.

Maybe the best answer is "all the kids are born before Belhalla, where all the parents die". Of course, then we'd have to figure out what to do with the kids. How do they get to the various places they're supposed to be at the start of Gen 2? And who is taking care of them? Not easy questions to come up with a satisfying answer for.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I would assert that, as head of House Friege, Blume bears responsibility for abuses committed within his family. He doesn't bother to stop Hilda, even though it's within his awareness and power, which is almost as bad as being the abuser himself.

Again, it all depends on just how aware of things he was. If he does think that his father was innocent (Arvis in Chapter 5 still tells Azmur that Ring and Vyron where the conspirators, and not Lombard and Reptor), and he does think that his sister not only committed treason against the family, but also did or was accessory of patricide, then as head of House Friege he'd feel he has to enact "justice". This is why he lets his wife do what she did, as he feels his sister did deserved it.

Sure, there's no denying Blume can be cruel and ruthless, but at the same time he seems to be mostly acting in a misguided way and on what he thinks is right. He opposes Seliph not because he's on the Loptrians' side, but because he does believe Sigurd was a traitor against their country and who killed his father.

That seems plausible, I suppose. Especially since Reptor wasn't defending Friege territory in chapter 5. The same, of course, can't be said of Langbart and House Dozel. If the majority of the Grauritter was elsewhere, then they failed in their paramount responsibility - defense of Castle Dozel.

Lombard wasn't defending Castle Dozel either. He was all the way in Lubeck Castle in Silesse, with Dannan commanding the main bulk of the Grauritter in Isaach.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Maybe the best answer is "all the kids are born before Belhalla, where all the parents die". Of course, then we'd have to figure out what to do with the kids. How do they get to the various places they're supposed to be at the start of Gen 2? And who is taking care of them? Not easy questions to come up with a satisfying answer for.

Perhaps that is the best solution, it is a tricky question to give a satisfying answer.  

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Lombard wasn't defending Castle Dozel either. He was all the way in Lubeck Castle in Silesse, with Dannan commanding the main bulk of the Grauritter in Isaach.

...Huh, you're right. For some reason, I really thought that the first Castle you seized in Chapter 5 was Castle Dozel. Even though I was also aware that the entirely different castle Brian comes from in Endgame is Castle Dozel. My bad.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Again, it all depends on just how aware of things he was. If he does think that his father was innocent (Arvis in Chapter 5 still tells Azmur that Ring and Vyron where the conspirators, and not Lombard and Reptor), and he does think that his sister not only committed treason against the family, but also did or was accessory of patricide, then as head of House Friege he'd feel he has to enact "justice". This is why he lets his wife do what she did, as he feels his sister did deserved it.

Sure, there's no denying Blume can be cruel and ruthless, but at the same time he seems to be mostly acting in a misguided way and on what he thinks is right. He opposes Seliph not because he's on the Loptrians' side, but because he does believe Sigurd was a traitor against their country and who killed his father.

Then why not banish her, and disinherit her from House Friege? If Blume believes Tailtiu betrayed their house and father, why even keep her around? Perhaps he believes that Tailtiu's crime can only be paid for in blood. In that case, it'd be less morally craven for Blume to simply execute Tailtiu. Instead, he permits his wife (who has no claim to any "right of vengeance" that Blume may assert) to subject her to torture, presumably to satisfy her own depraved tendencies. I said Blume was some combination of "evil" and "stupid", but I forgot to consider how "cowardly" this comes across as.

4 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

...Huh, you're right. For some reason, I really thought that the first Castle you seized in Chapter 5 was Castle Dozel. Even though I was also aware that the entirely different castle Brian comes from in Endgame is Castle Dozel. My bad.

Then why not banish her, and disinherit her from House Friege? If Blume believes Tailtiu betrayed their house and father, why even keep her around? Perhaps he believes that Tailtiu's crime can only be paid for in blood. In that case, it'd be less morally craven for Blume to simply execute Tailtiu. Instead, he permits his wife (who has no claim to any "right of vengeance" that Blume may assert) to subject her to torture, presumably to satisfy her own depraved tendencies. I said Blume was some combination of "evil" and "stupid", but I forgot to consider how "cowardly" this comes across as.

There was a thread about Blume being another version of Sigurd, a good soldier following orders from Grandbell throne.

So if Sigurd was not branded traitor, he would face Ares the same way Blume faces Leif.

I'm not sticking my nose in any of the discussions on this thread anymore, but I love the amount of discussion going on here! It makes me sort of want to see a thread where everyone can post their Genealogy remake ideas. (With the categories of Gameplay Changes, Story Changes, and Unit Changes to potentially simplify things.)

Or a Fire Emblem draft game, where there's a set of tropes and unit archetypes and players go through like a draft and pick their favorite. From that, they have to create a game and/or story to pitch to others. 

Or not. Carry on!

4 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

It makes me sort of want to see a thread where everyone can post their Genealogy remake ideas. (With the categories of Gameplay Changes, Story Changes, and Unit Changes to potentially simplify things.)

/thread

4 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Or a Fire Emblem draft game, where there's a set of tropes and unit archetypes and players go through like a draft and pick their favorite. From that, they have to create a game and/or story to pitch to others. 

Interesting maneuver. That's a pretty neat concept. Might fit best in "creative works", or perhaps "forum games".

27 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

There was a thread about Blume being another version of Sigurd, a good soldier following orders from Grandbell throne.

So if Sigurd was not branded traitor, he would face Ares the same way Blume faces Leif.

I can acknowledge the assertion, but I'm honestly not seeing it. Even if, say, Oifey "turned traitor" in the eyes of Sigurd, I don't see him being okay with his wife (whether Deirdre, or Hilda, or whoever) keeping him prisoner and torturing him. He'd almost certainly want to hear Oifey's side of the story. And even if Sigurd doesn't trust him, I can't see him doing anything more severe than banishing him from Chalphy territory.

Also, I don't think Sigurd would tolerate child hunts under his nose, like at all. He'd either have to be kept completely unaware of them, or only tolerate them because his hand is being forced (say, Manfroy taking Seliph hostage). He'd renounce his role as a colonial administrator before he oversees such barbarism.

An aged Sigurd having to fight an Ares trying to liberate Agustria? ...I could see that much. I don't necessarily think Ares is "good", even in the base game - he's a blood knight with a soft spot for a certain Dancer, but I think his life has been too cutthroat for him to have a chance to develop the "virtues" of a traditional Fire Emblem lord. He's not a bad person, but more of a "wild card" who fights alongside Seliph because their interests line up. Ares would almost certainly be morally in the right in such a scenario, but a hypothetical Agustria under a competent and consistent Sigurd - where there are no child hunts, and few colonial abuses - is a far cry from Blume's administration in Northern Thracia.

On 3/24/2022 at 8:34 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

It would be frustratingly obtuse to have enemies show up a stone's throw away from your castle to try seizing it. All your progress, charging across the country, wiped out in minute by some Brigand. Even in cases where enemy units threaten your home castle, the game makes sure they're units who already existed on the map, and they give the player enough time to make a game plan.

Somehow I missed this comment.

Not only would this not happen in the beginning of the game, it could easily be established after the prologue, its important to have someone guard your castle. And remember the thing since FE12, where the enemy loudly announces their upcoming reinforcements to the player.

Plus you get a return staff from Addean, as early as chapter 1!

On 4/3/2022 at 10:04 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

Somehow I missed this comment.

Not only would this not happen in the beginning of the game, it could easily be established after the prologue, its important to have someone guard your castle. And remember the thing since FE12, where the enemy loudly announces their upcoming reinforcements to the player.

Plus you get a return staff from Addean, as early as chapter 1!

That's assuming that novice players even know about the "Talk" option. Plenty of new players will miss the chance to get Ethlyn her Return Staff. And if they're playing Ironman and Edain dies (very realistic, given her starting situation), then no Return Staff for you.

The "enemy loudly announces their reinforcements" feels cheesy at best, cringe at worst. If your design necessitates giving this kind of flag to the player on a regular basis, lest it come across as unfair, then it's not a very good design.

Guarding the castle isn't fun; it's a boring and thankless job. In a game with no Vulneraries, the only prospective healing comes from the gate itself, or a Physic user inside the Castle. Either your guard is too dodgy to be hit (in which case, the enemies don't even try it, they just stand there menacingly), too bulky to take more than 1 damage per hit (in which case, it's just tediously letting the enemies crash against you), or able to be hit and take meaningful damage (in which case, a bad sequence of RNs could be all it takes for a premature Game Over).

If you do want more enemies going after the home castle, then they should come from established "hostile" locations on the map. Like the Wyvern Riders in Chapter 9 from Castle Thracia. Not off the side of the map, from a part of the world that's already been conquered by Sigurd and/or Seliph.

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

That's assuming that novice players even know about the "Talk" option. Plenty of new players will miss the chance to get Ethlyn her Return Staff. And if they're playing Ironman and Edain dies (very realistic, given her starting situation), then no Return Staff for you.

All it takes is for them to check the status screen:

Guía de Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War - Menús y mecanismos - Fire  Emblem WoD

Right there, a Talk indicator showing if the unit has a Talk convo with someone. I doubt new players would not check.

Granted, a remake could remove it... but then it's like... why?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

All it takes is for them to check the status screen:

Guía de Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War - Menús y mecanismos - Fire  Emblem WoD

Right there, a Talk indicator showing if the unit has a Talk convo with someone. I doubt new players would not check.

Granted, a remake could remove it... but then it's like... why?

You really think new players are gonna check the second status screen of every playable unit? From my end, I didn't try out the Arena until Chapter 3 on my first playthrough, since I didn't know anything about it (except that, in other games, the Arena is where you go to lose money and die). I also missed Forseti, since I was an idiot who couldn't pick up on clues.

There are ways they could make this sort of thing more apparent - maybe consolidate everything into a single status page. Or in the case of "Talk" in particular, you could see a "speech bubble" over units that your selected unit can speak with. Even then, I don't think they should design the game in such a way that assumes the player has the Return Staff, when it's absolutely possible to miss it.

Newer games have had the "speech bubble" appear over characters that can talk when a unit is selected, the 3DS games even had the tile below them change to bright yellow.

As an aside, any specific suggestions on what types of memory prisims you would wanna see? I liked them back in SoV and would want them back for a FE4 remake (wether it is under the Echoes name or not). Some events they could show are the start of Kurth and Cigyun`s affair, Langbalt and Reptor ploting, Tiltyu and Claude traveling to Edda`s shrine and maybe something relating to Arvis` past. Any other/better ideas?

If we get Memory Prisms for the interim period between the gens, then one depicting Edain's arrival to Isaach and telling Oifey and Shannan what happened definitely.

21 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

Newer games have had the "speech bubble" appear over characters that can talk when a unit is selected, the 3DS games even had the tile below them change to bright yellow.

That would probably be sufficient. They could still list potential talk partners in the status screen, but this way, the player doesn't have to check through it.

22 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

As an aside, any specific suggestions on what types of memory prisims you would wanna see? I liked them back in SoV and would want them back for a FE4 remake (wether it is under the Echoes name or not). Some events they could show are the start of Kurth and Cigyun`s affair, Langbalt and Reptor ploting, Tiltyu and Claude traveling to Edda`s shrine and maybe something relating to Arvis` past. Any other/better ideas?

I would consider making Memory Prisms a "New Game+" feature. Something that adds more details on subsequent playthroughs, but may wind up spoiling stuff the first time through. Other ones we could see:

- Whatever happens to Lewyn. Apparently Manfroy kills him, but then Forseti resurrects him? Could be nice to actually see this.

- Grahnye receiving the Mystletainn from one of the few remaining Cross Knights (say, Eva), and mourning her husband while nursing Ares.

- Altenna and Areone growing up together in Thracia and riding a wyvern for the first time, under Travant's exacting tutelage.

10 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Alot of things are tougher on ironman and the remake would no doubt include an easy option.

Also remake could easily make little stuff like on which square to go to or whom to talk to, to get rare items, much easier. Infact its a separate topic from enemies attacking your castle.

The "enemy loudly announces their reinforcements" feels cheesy at best, cringe at worst. If your design necessitates giving this kind of flag to the player on a regular basis, lest it come across as unfair, then it's not a very good design.

I feel it makes, at least on the early maps that would ease the player into the concept that your main castle should be guarded.

Guarding the castle isn't fun; it's a boring and thankless job. In a game with no Vulneraries, the only prospective healing comes from the gate itself, or a Physic user inside the Castle. Either your guard is too dodgy to be hit (in which case, the enemies don't even try it, they just stand there menacingly), too bulky to take more than 1 damage per hit (in which case, it's just tediously letting the enemies crash against you), or able to be hit and take meaningful damage (in which case, a bad sequence of RNs could be all it takes for a premature Game Over).

I had alot of fun in FE4, guarding castles and the gate itself provides enough healing for any armored unit, like Base stats Hannibal, to survive an onslaught. Also anyone at the castle is unlikely to have that good of a dodge stat, I mean Shanan isn't someone whom is going to stay at castle's alot.

Also a healing command could also be added for units staying on the main castle.

If you do want more enemies going after the home castle, then they should come from established "hostile" locations on the map. Like the Wyvern Riders in Chapter 9 from Castle Thracia. Not off the side of the map, from a part of the world that's already been conquered by Sigurd and/or Seliph.

In some chapters like 4, your idea would work, in others, it'd be hard for the enemy to reach your castle without flying units. The events of chapter 1 also show its possible for enemy units to arrive without coming out of any particular castle.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

3 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

In some chapters like 4, your idea would work, in others, it'd be hard for the enemy to reach your castle without flying units. The events of chapter 1 also show its possible for enemy units to arrive without coming out of any particular castle.

True enough, although at least in that case, they come from Agustria, where Sigurd hasn't been yet. It makes some amount of sense for hostile troops to come from there. And Elliott's army doesn't even matter, since the Cross Knights wipe them out before they can present a threat to Evans Castle.

I do think that "beeline bandits" are an interesting premise. Enemies who don't even bother attacking your units, but go straight for your castle. Maybe even with the "Pass" skill. That creates a quandary: do I send my frontliners back to deal with them? Do I devote a few lower-move "flunkies" to fight them on the backlines? Or do I ignore them in the field, and just make sure someone is guarding my castle when they show up? I might be a fan of this AI coming into use in a remake.

I had alot of fun in FE4, guarding castles and the gate itself provides enough healing for any armored unit, like Base stats Hannibal, to survive an onslaught. Also anyone at the castle is unlikely to have that good of a dodge stat, I mean Shanan isn't someone whom is going to stay at castle's alot.

Also a healing command could also be added for units staying on the main castle.

Why not? Shannan is actually very well suited for guarding the castle. No foes can touch him with Balmung, and he'll one-round any melee foes who look at him funny. Ranged opponents are trickier, but he can use a magical sword, and potentially proc Adept or Astra to finish the job, despite his low Magic stat. Moreover, Shannan has a hard time keeping up in the field, as a 6-move infantry unit (see also - ForCedi).

As for Healing commands, why not just add healing items? I don't know if this would be a controversial addition, but I think it's totally reasonable. Instead of being consumed, though, you could have an Elixir with up to 99 "uses". But when you "Use" it, the number of "uses" depleted is equal to the HP restored. So, if Sigurd has 23/39 HP, and uses a fresh (99) Elixir, then he'll bump up to 39/39 HP, and the Elixir will have 83 "uses" left. When fully depleted, it becomes an "Empty Bottle". Rather than being "forged" you'd instead refill it at Church tiles, at the usual healing rate (I think 5G = 1 HP?). The Elixirs and Empty Bottles can be moved around via the Pawn Shop, same as any other item. There'd only be a handful available in the game, so you'll have to pick carefully which units get to carry one.

Alot of things are tougher on ironman and the remake would no doubt include an easy option.

Also remake could easily make little stuff like on which square to go to or whom to talk to, to get rare items, much easier. Infact its a separate topic from enemies attacking your castle.

I'm here for this. Maybe include Awakening-style "sparkles" on the map where secret events or items can be obtained? It still wouldn't tell you who to send for it, though - maybe a Village conversation can "suggest" that sort if detail?

I do wonder what an "Easy Mode" of Genealogy would look like. A radical play might be to universalize the "Bargain" effect, so that careful Pawn Shop management is no longer necessary. Or even to give Pursuit to all playable units. Perhaps neutralize the stat boosts on enemy-held legendary weapons. Even if we don't get an "Easy Mode", I'd say a "Casual Mode" is pretty much a given.

I feel it makes, at least on the early maps that would ease the player into the concept that your main castle should be guarded.

I don't necessarily think that's a message the game should be sending. It's saying "hey something bad might happen, so you should take a unit totally out of commission to do nothing in case that bad thing comes to pass". It's like telling the player that they should keep someone on the "throne" in defense maps. Doing so means one fewer unit actually contributing where their services are needed. I don't need to guard the "very special chair" directly, so long as the game is honest with me about where the enemies are and what I must do to get in their way.

True enough, although at least in that case, they come from Agustria, where Sigurd hasn't been yet. It makes some amount of sense for hostile troops to come from there. And Elliott's army doesn't even matter, since the Cross Knights wipe them out before they can present a threat to Evans Castle.

Yeah, thats my point, its a very underused mechanic, oftentimes during chapter 1, I have 1 or 2 units rush in and try to finish Elliot and his troops before the Cross Knights get to them.

Why not? Shannan is actually very well suited for guarding the castle. No foes can touch him with Balmung, and he'll one-round any melee foes who look at him funny. Ranged opponents are trickier, but he can use a magical sword, and potentially proc Adept or Astra to finish the job, despite his low Magic stat. Moreover, Shannan has a hard time keeping up in the field, as a 6-move infantry unit (see also - ForCedi).

As the saying goes, never use an ace when a two will do. Shanan has slightly bad mov, but he's still a killing machine in a game with a MOV ring and not someone whose going to spend alot of time in the castle.

I'm here for this. Maybe include Awakening-style "sparkles" on the map where secret events or items can be obtained? It still wouldn't tell you who to send for it, though - maybe a Village conversation can "suggest" that sort if detail?

I missed Forseti and non important light tomes, too on my first playthrough, even though I did have Lewyn pass a son. I also did Claud/Ishtar under the false belief that Arthur would gain access to staves. So I'm perfectly open to stuff like this and some degree of reclassing for this game, would make sense.

I'd be up for a village conversation or just the characters making small talk in optional info conversations, like one of Arden grumbling in the beginning of the chapter where he can find a pursuit ring.

I don't necessarily think that's a message the game should be sending. It's saying "hey something bad might happen, so you should take a unit totally out of commission to do nothing in case that bad thing comes to pass".

The game very much encourages Arden/Hannibal to stay at the base and for someone to watch the base. And again, they give the player warp and return staves.

Having it happen a couple of times, wouldn't break the game.

It's like telling the player that they should keep someone on the "throne" in defense maps. Doing so means one fewer unit actually contributing where their services are needed. I don't need to guard the "very special chair" directly, so long as the game is honest with me about where the enemies are and what I must do to get in their way.

None of the games with defense chapters encourage anyone to stay put on the throne square like FE4 does with castles. Its not as if Arden and Hannibal are going to be rushing into battle all the time with their low MOV.

As for Healing commands, why not just add healing items? I don't know if this would be a controversial addition, but I think it's totally reasonable. Instead of being consumed, though, you could have an Elixir with up to 99 "uses". But when you "Use" it, the number of "uses" depleted is equal to the HP restored. So, if Sigurd has 23/39 HP, and uses a fresh (99) Elixir, then he'll bump up to 39/39 HP, and the Elixir will have 83 "uses" left. When fully depleted, it becomes an "Empty Bottle". Rather than being "forged" you'd instead refill it at Church tiles, at the usual healing rate (I think 5G = 1 HP?). The Elixirs and Empty Bottles can be moved around via the Pawn Shop, same as any other item. There'd only be a handful available in the game, so you'll have to pick carefully which units get to carry one.

There are 2 Return Rings already in the game and you can cast Warp/Return Staff to more than 1 unit to the main castle.

You're not alone defending the castle.

6 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Yeah, thats my point, its a very underused mechanic, oftentimes during chapter 1, I have 1 or 2 units rush in and try to finish Elliot and his troops before the Cross Knights get to them.

Scipio and his Beige Ritter plus Verdane troops attack directly at Chalphy from Jungby. Sound great, isn't it?

I like this idea. And it seems it would work specifically well in Genealogy.

11 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

- Whatever happens to Lewyn. Apparently Manfroy kills him, but then Forseti resurrects him? Could be nice to actually see this.

- Grahnye receiving the Mystletainn from one of the few remaining Cross Knights (say, Eva), and mourning her husband while nursing Ares.

- Altenna and Areone growing up together in Thracia and riding a wyvern for the first time, under Travant's exacting tutelage.

All good suggestions, I was gonna mention Grahnye but forgot her name and wondered if that should be a moment included in the base game as is. 

5 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

All good suggestions, I was gonna mention Grahnye but forgot her name and wondered if that should be a moment included in the base game as is. 

It would be nice to, at the very least, see Granye and her opinion of Eldigan's actions and demise. As is she exists purely to have a womb that Aless emerges from.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Yes, we have similar thing called the Recover Ring which is too OP so we don't see it anywhere other than the Prologue.

1-Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu__J__00

A refillable 40/40 HP bottle is less OP, maybe they'll add it to the remake

Edited by Tetragrammaton

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

It would be nice to, at the very least, see Granye and her opinion of Eldigan's actions and demise. As is she exists purely to have a womb that Aless emerges from.

Exactly. While I didn`t like the characterization she was given, I did like that the Osawa manga made her more of a character. Not sure if the other manga adaptations expanded on her in the same way.

5 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Yes, we have similar thing called the Recover Ring which is too OP so we don't see it anywhere other than the Prologue.

1-Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu__J__00

A refillable 40/40 HP bottle is less OP, maybe they'll add it to the remake

IMO the "Recover Ring" is pretty irrelevant. It only* shows up at a point where Arvis is all but immune to damage. They could remove it from him entirely, and nothing would change.

*Side note: doesn't Travant have one in chapter 5 as well? Presumably to ensure that Quan doesn't somehow kill him?

7 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

As the saying goes, never use an ace when a two will do. Shanan has slightly bad mov, but he's still a killing machine in a game with a MOV ring and not someone whose going to spend alot of time in the castle.

There's only one Leg Ring, and Shannan's nowhere near as good a candidate for it as Seliph or your Dancer. Also his Resistance is terrible, so he's zoned out by enemy ststus staves in the lategame. Plus, if he wants to counter ranged enemies in the field, he has to use a magical sword, thus losing the Speed (and Avoid) boost from Balmung.

The game very much encourages Arden/Hannibal to stay at the base and for someone to watch the base. And again, they give the player warp and return staves.

Having it happen a couple of times, wouldn't break the game.

The game also gives Arden missions in chapters 2 and 5 for secret events outside of the castle - the former providing one of the most valuable equippables in the game. If the message is "keep Arden at the castle!", then the player will miss out on these.

7 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

You're not alone defending the castle.

Good luck switching out whoever's guarding the castle while an enemy is sitting on its gate, thus preventing a weakened castle guard from swapping out with someone more survivable who's currently inside.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

Thanks! I'm envisioning how Legend of Zelda makes Empty Bottles powerful items in their own right. Once you have one, you can refill it endlessly, so long as the money allows. I'm thinking a couple could be bought from the Armory, while others might come from Villages or new Secret Events.

5 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Thanks. As I said, I feel it'd be better on subsequent playthroughs. A scene that introduces babby Ares would feel more "foreshadowy" than I personally enjoy.

missed Forseti and non important light tomes, too on my first playthrough, even though I did have Lewyn pass a son. I also did Claud/Ishtar under the false belief that Arthur would gain access to staves. So I'm perfectly open to stuff like this and some degree of reclassing for this game, would make sense.

Playing Genealogy after literally any other game, and finding out that Mage doesn't promote to Sage, is certainly a trip.

Father-dependent promotions could also be a thing. Like, if Ayra is paired with Azelle, then the Sword Twins could go War Mage instead. Or if Brigid is paired with Chulainn, then Febail could promote into a Sword/Bow hybrid class.

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Thanks. As I said, I feel it'd be better on subsequent playthroughs. A scene that introduces babby Ares would feel more "foreshadowy" than I personally enjoy.

I don`t think aluding to Ares` existance would be "too forshadowy" personally, but to each their own.

Maybe you could have the forshadowy memory prisims available on subsequent playthroughs and ones for minor side content on the first