How I imagine a Fire Emblem 4 remake

JungleGoutte01

Clearly, what they'll do is not pull a Nuibaba and genderswap at least one Cross Knight, but pull a Seazas and remove at least one Cross Knight.

Just now, Jotari said:

That's how I'd lean to, but it also took him a whole game to given Naga any hint of female aspects, so it's also possibly Kaga just outright changed his mind. Regardless if they do remake Genealogy and inset more Naga into it, it'll almost certainly be the Naga established in Awakening given Genealogy is where the first hints of a female identity came from.

Coming to think of it, something I've somehow never considered before, but if Naga isn't meant to be some asexual transcended gendered being and was just a powerful female dragon, then who is Tiki's father? That's somethin that, to my knowledge, none of the games ever hint at, but it should kind of be a big deal. All of Naga's big battles were kind of finished by the time Tiki was around, so whomever sired her should still be around in some form? Unless dragons in Archanea are meant to just be able to reproduce asexually (that would be one explanation for the White Dragons in Duma's lair that don't fit into any established tribe in Archanea's lore. They're Duma's children).

Considering all the power Naga has, I wouldn't be surprised if it was really a case of parthenogenesis.

I mean, the Necrodragons were also just kinda there as well, all over Valentia, and then consider the White Dragons are color-swapped Necros.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Clearly, what they'll do is not pull a Nuibaba and genderswap at least one Cross Knight, but pull a Seazas and remove at least one Cross Knight.

Considering all the power Naga has, I wouldn't be surprised if it was really a case of parthenogenesis.

I mean, the Necrodragons were also just kinda there as well, all over Valentia, and then consider the White Dragons are color-swapped Necros.

Necrodragons I could imagine as zombie wyverns, but the difference is that the White Dragons are actually alive.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

That's a lot of posts about something really fucking stupid.

But since it came up, it still bothers me than Micaiah was given a masculine Hebrew name.

Ah yes, forgot about that one. He's the guy that would always pop up when I googled Micaiah to make sure I was getting the spelling right. I have it down now, but all those vowels really gave me a hard time for a few years there.

Looking up Micaiah gives me it's gender-neutral, but in the modern era is now used more for girls.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Necrodragons I could imagine as zombie wyverns, but the difference is that the White Dragons are actually alive.

In SoV, but not in Gaiden. So a retcon, I suppose. But the models are still color-swapped. Then again, back in Gaiden we didn't had like 100% confirmation Duma and Mila were dragons anyway...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Do you think people like Chagall and Lewyn's Uncles will get holy blood in the remake?

For Chagall I don't see it.

The implication is that he doesn't have Holy Blood because his direct ancestor, Hoðr's oldest child, had already been born by the time the Miracle of Darna happened. Since the only statement we have is that Hoðr's youngest daughter was the one to inherit the bloodline, implying she was the only one born after.

So the lack of Holy Blood is deliberate... and it meant to feed to his jealousy against Eldigan, as it were.

Lewyn's uncles I can see it. Mussar's Holy Blood has to come from somewhere, and him being retconned to be a cousin of Lewyn would add to his desire of revenge against the Liberation Army.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

So anyone have any thoughts on the Baron info as well as FE4's minor bosses and generic enemies having different mechanics?

Do you think people like Chagall and Lewyn's Uncles will get holy blood in the remake?

What you say about Chagall and Lewyn's uncles are interesting. But on the other hand they bothered to code in holy blood to that one guy in chapter 9 and half the Deadlords, so when it comes to conserving space it's a case of "they really could have if they wanted to". I'd certainly like it if Lewyn's uncles had holy blood (and some better character designs to help them get into Heroes, the fact that their least interesting subordinate is in already is just plain grating), but with how faithful to a fault they were with Shadows of Valentia, I don't actually expecting them to. Holy Blood just be crazy with no rules, so sure, Lewyn's uncles don't have it while a random Chapter 9 boss with a face shared by every other minor boss in the game does.

5 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Just read the Bible, heathen. Those vowel patterns are in, like, 500 Biblical names.

I actually have since, and it probably did help. Though I can't say I remember the Biblical Micaiah all that well, I assume he was a pretty minor character.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

What you say about Chagall and Lewyn's uncles are interesting. But on the other hand they bothered to code in holy blood to that one guy in chapter 9 and half the Deadlords, so when it comes to conserving space it's a case of "they really could have if they wanted to". I'd certainly like it if Lewyn's uncles had holy blood (and some better character designs to help them get into Heroes, the fact that their least interesting subordinate is in already is just plain grating), but with how faithful to a fault they were with Shadows of Valentia, I don't actually expecting them to. Holy Blood just be crazy with no rules, so sure, Lewyn's uncles don't have it while a random Chapter 9 boss with a face shared by every other minor boss in the game does.

Mussar's Holy Blood might only exist so he can use Tornado, since Mage Knight has B Wind at base, which the blood would bump to A.

Which is likely the reason the Falcon Knight trio in the final chapter also have Minor Forseti. Though outside their capped Speed and high-ish HP for FK's, I don't think the blood is actually giving them anything gameplay-wise, since boss stats are set, right? Not put through growths where the blood would factor in.

I actually have since, and it probably did help. Though I can't say I remember the Biblical Micaiah all that well, I assume he was a pretty minor character.

Well, he's not Arphaxad, but he's not Moses either. Though only mentioned in one event to my knowledge, he prophesied against King Ahab, which is a pretty important arc of Biblical history.

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What you say about Chagall and Lewyn's uncles are interesting. But on the other hand they bothered to code in holy blood to that one guy in chapter 9 and half the Deadlords, so when it comes to conserving space it's a case of "they really could have if they wanted to".

I'd certainly like it if Lewyn's uncles had holy blood (and some better character designs to help them get into Heroes, the fact that their least interesting subordinate is in already is just plain grating), but with how faithful to a fault they were with Shadows of Valentia, I don't actually expecting them to. Holy Blood just be crazy with no rules, so sure, Lewyn's uncles don't have it while a random Chapter 9 boss with a face shared by every other minor boss in the game does.

You mean Musar, right? 

Musar is actually a very tough boss in Generation 2, which has alot more complete bosses. Also Musar has a backstory, a villager says he bears a grudge against a Silesian fighter in your army for killing his father. The only one that would fit that would be Lewyn's Uncles, Daccar and Myos. Even Japanese sites speculate he's their son.

Neither Musar, Daccar, or Myos were bothered to be given unique designs, so like I said it was just lower priority enemies.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Mussar's Holy Blood might only exist so he can use Tornado, since Mage Knight has B Wind at base, which the blood would bump to A.

Which is likely the reason the Falcon Knight trio in the final chapter also have Minor Forseti. Though outside their capped Speed and high-ish HP for FK's, I don't think the blood is actually giving them anything gameplay-wise, since boss stats are set, right? Not put through growths where the blood would factor in.

Given the backstory with Musar as well as Kaga saying there was a reason Feena could use rapiers, I'm sure Musar  has Forseti blood in canon.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For Chagall I don't see it.

The implication is that he doesn't have Holy Blood because his direct ancestor, Hoðr's oldest child, had already been born by the time the Miracle of Darna happened. Since the only statement we have is that Hoðr's youngest daughter was the one to inherit the bloodline, implying she was the only one born after.

So the lack of Holy Blood is deliberate... and it meant to feed to his jealousy against Eldigan, as it were.

Lewyn's uncles I can see it. Mussar's Holy Blood has to come from somewhere, and him being retconned to be a cousin of Lewyn would add to his desire of revenge against the Liberation Army.

Chagall's ancestor had minor blood though, so I imagine Chagall has it too. Japanese fans have run with it in stuff like FE4 binary. At the very least, I imagine Chagall had the heritage to pass on the minor blood himself.

I don't think Musar being related to the uncle would be a retcon, it was always fan speculated.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

4 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

You mean Musar, right? 

Musar is actually a very tough boss in Generation 2, which has alot more complete bosses. Also Musar has a backstory, a villager says he bears a grudge against a Silesian fighter in your army for killing his father. The only one that would fit that would be Lewyn's Uncles, Daccar and Myos. Even Japanese sites speculate he's their son.

Neither Musar, Daccar, or Myos were bothered to be given unique designs, so like I said it was just lower priority enemies.

Given the backstory with Musar as well as Kaga saying there was a reason Feena could use rapiers, I'm sure Musar  has Forseti blood in canon.

Chagall's ancestor had minor blood though, so I imagine Chagall has it too. Japanese fans have run with it in stuff like FE4 binary. At the very least, I imagine Chagall had the heritage to pass on the minor blood himself.

I don't think Musar being related to the uncle would be a retcon, it was always fan speculated.

I've also seen speculation that it's Rahna who has the blood, hence why Lewyn's uncles, who are his paternal ones, don't have it. But yeah, it's not stated anywhere, so they're free to fill it in.

Hm, where it is stated they had minor? The Designer's Note only mention the youngest having the Brand, but no mention of the holy blood status of her older siblings.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's amazing how taking short cut with coding can have significant impacts on lore.

3 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

You mean Musar, right? 

Alternatively, Lewyn's father was a more accomplish philanderer than Lewyn tried to be and really got around with those bastard children (Lewyn's father also looked identical to Musar and every other boss with that portrait in the game is Lewyn's unknown half brother).

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Alternatively, Lewyn's father was a more accomplish philanderer than Lewyn tried to be and really got around with those bastard children (Lewyn's father also looked identical to Musar and every other boss with that portrait in the game is Lewyn's unknown half brother).

That'd be whack since they're so spread out. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've also seen speculation that it's Rahna who has the blood, hence why Lewyn's uncles, who are his paternal ones, don't have it. But yeah, it's not stated anywhere, so they're free to fill it in.

Hm, where it is stated they had minor? The Designer's Note only mention the youngest having the Brand, but no mention of the holy blood status of her older siblings.

I've looked over the script and I actually can't see anything to dissuade the notion that Rahna is the one with the holy blood. She even gives Lewyn sage wisdom about what Forseti is when she hands it over to him. I blame this image.

Spoiler

jugdral_family_tree.jpg

Although if she were able to use it herself one would expect some dialogue about her trying to use it to defend the capital when attacked. Even a "It's my duty to use it" "But no, my lady. You've never trained in magic." The succession crisis also just feels like it's Lewyn's father that is the important one. Myos and Daccar kind of lose all legitimacy if they're trying to over throw their sister in law's rightful rule. 

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That'd be whack since they're so spread out. XD

Never underestimate a man with an access to a crown and pegasi.

Edited by Jotari

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I remember the old family tree putting Rahna as the major blood holder, its interesting that it was the father. To be fair, the family tree did say, lineage for some characters was speculated.

Checking it, you're right there's no mention of whether the eldest child had any mark. That said, I still imagine Hezul's direct lineage should have still have some blood, so I imagine its more of saving game resources that Chagall has no blod, he's just a minor baddie whom isn't supposed to be liked and isn't even allowed to keep his portrait.

15 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Lewyn didn't kill his father, so why would Musar want revenge on him for his father dying of natural causes?

Really the question is why a complete nobody like Ovo gets to have a unique portrait, whilst people like Musar have no portrait. Ovo should be Zyne/Harold and Musar should have Ovo's portrait. Similar applies to Macbeth, that'd fit Bramsel or Daccar so much more.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Although if she were able to use it herself one would expect some dialogue about her trying to use it to defend the capital when attacked. Even a "It's my duty to use it" "But no, my lady. You've never trained in magic." The succession crisis also just feels like it's Lewyn's father that is the important one. Myos and Daccar kind of lose all legitimacy if they're trying to over throw their sister in law's rightful rule. 

Amusingly the article with the image has this:

• Assumptions have been made concerning the Holy Blood of characters who do not appear as map units in Genealogy of the Holy War. For instance, it is unknown whether King Silesia possessed major Holsety blood or not.

It was made by a user here, it's not official.

Perhaps, but then we have Seliph being considered the heir of Grannvale for being Dierdre's first son, and not Julia who has the Major Blood. So rules can be different in this regard. Though for Silesse it might not...

Also, the uncles might act whether or not they outrank her in the inheritance. Just by being the King's brothers they'd feel they should rule.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Amusingly the article with the image has this:

• Assumptions have been made concerning the Holy Blood of characters who do not appear as map units in Genealogy of the Holy War. For instance, it is unknown whether King Silesia possessed major Holsety blood or not.

It was made by a user here, it's not official.

Perhaps, but then we have Seliph being considered the heir of Grannvale for being Dierdre's first son, and not Julia who has the Major Blood. So rules can be different in this regard. Though for Silesse it might not...

Again, they likely just made the assumption, Rahna had the blood based off Musar and Daccar not having it, its just a small error, I wouldn't hold it against them.

Musar and Daccar have no holy blood to save on data in all likelyhood.

19 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Checking it, you're right there's no mention of whether the eldest child had any mark. That said, I still imagine Hezul's direct lineage should have still have some blood, so I imagine its more of saving game resources that Chagall has no blod, he's just a minor baddie whom isn't supposed to be liked and isn't even allowed to keep his portrait.

Not if Hezul's eldest child was already born before Hezul received the holy blood. It wouldn't make a tonne of sense for the blood bond to retroactively make the blood special of his already existing children.

Lewyn didn't kill his father, so why would Musar want revenge on him for his father dying of natural causes?

Obviously Musar doesn't know about his mother's infidelity. He thinks his father is Cuvuli.

Really the question is why a complete nobody like Ovo gets to have a unique portrait, whilst people like Musar have no portrait. Ovo should be Zyne/Harold and Musar should have Ovo's portrait. Similar applies to Macbeth, that'd fit Bramsel or Daccar so much more.

My favourite generic portrait nonsense is Coulter. He's a boss who appears in both Genealogy and Thracia, not because he's an important recurring character, but because the same event is depicted in both games, Sety protecting Munster from him. Rather than keep his Genealogy design or give him a new unique design, they decided to swap him out from having the most used generic  portrait in Genealogy to the most used generic portrait in Thracia XD

Portrait_coulter_fe04.pngPortrait_coulter_fe05.png

That's meant to be the same guy. The attention to detail they put in during that chapter to depict the same event twice and the utter lack of fucks given about his appearance is so incongruous I can only find it hilarious. They didn't put any effort into making him look the same. And for anyone who hasn't played Jugdral, these are the two faces they slap on almost every generic boss in both games. Coulter is so generic his face morphs into whatever each game's perception of generic is.

Edited by Jotari

Not if Hezul's eldest child was already born before Hezul received the holy blood. It wouldn't make a tonne of sense for the blood bond to retroactively make the blood special of his already existing children.

Wait, you mean Hezul's eldest child was born before he made the pact, are you sure?

Obviously Musar doesn't know about his mother's infidelity. He thinks his father is Cuvuli.

Cuvuli is Misha's father, obviously.

My favourite generic portrait nonsense is Coulter. He's a boss who appears in both Genealogy and Thracia, not because he's an important recurring character, but because the same event is depicted in both games, Sety protecting Munster from him. Rather than keep his Genealogy design or give him a new unique design, they decided to swap him out from having the most used generic  portrait in Genealogy to the most used generic portrait in Thracia XD

Portrait_coulter_fe04.pngPortrait_coulter_fe05.png

That's meant to be the same guy. The attention to detail they put in during that chapter and the utter lack of fucks given about his appearance is so incongruous I can only find it hilarious.

I find that hilarious too.

I guess we can say Coulter's true appearance has a blue cape and green hair at least?

Portrait_gazzak_fe03.png

Also I still wish one of the bandit/pirate bosses in FE11 had kept the original's cowlicks sticking out of the bandanna.

8 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Again, they likely just made the assumption, Rahna had the blood based off Musar and Daccar not having it, its just a small error, I wouldn't hold it against them.

Musar and Daccar have no holy blood to save on data in all likelyhood.

Maios, not Musar.

Perhaps. It does explain why some enemy units do lack Holy Blood inexplicably. Like Ishtore and Ishtar not having minor Fjalar, or Scipio lacking minor Ullír.

But then we have the FK trio with minor Forseti which does nothing for them seemingly, so...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Wait, you mean Hezul's eldest child was born before he made the pact, are you sure?

No, it's just headcanon, or deduction born from Kaga's notes. He specifies that Hezul had "many children" and that it was his youngest daughter. It seems more than possible of his "many children" some of them were born before the events of Darna, and it handily explains how his royal lineage doesn't have any history of holy blood. It's not confirmed but it is a good explanation.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maios, not Musar.

Perhaps. It does explain why some enemy units do lack Holy Blood inexplicably. Like Ishtore and Ishtar not having minor Fjalar, or Scipio lacking minor Ullír.

But then we have the FK trio with minor Forseti, so...

Hilda inexplicably becomes related to Travant for one chapter, I'd like to see an explanation for that.

Edited by Jotari

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Hilda inexplicably becomes related to Travant for one chapter, I'd like to see an explanation for that.

From the prototype:

• Hilda had major Fala blood and wielded Falaflame in the final chapter. Maybe the major Dain blood glitch arose because of this change. Also, the Treasure book suggests that Alvis had one elder and another younger sibling, both deceased – perhaps the elder one was originally Hilda?

I'd say, the prototype has some interesting ideas that wouldn't be bad to revisit... like this one:

• During Chapter 10, Levin appeared as a physical unit on the map. Talking to him with his son netted the player the Holsety tome (presumably it wasn’t an automatic pass-down).

For people thinking Forseti-on-Chapter-6 is OP and should be changed, this can be a good compromise.

https://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/general/prototype-information/

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

From the prototype:

• Hilda had major Fala blood and wielded Falaflame in the final chapter. Maybe the major Dain blood glitch arose because of this change. Also, the Treasure book suggests that Alvis had one elder and another younger sibling, both deceased – perhaps the elder one was originally Hilda?

I don't think that really provides much of an explanation.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, the prototype has some interesting ideas that wouldn't be bad to revisit... like this one:

• During Chapter 10, Levin appeared as a physical unit on the map. Talking to him with his son netted the player the Holsety tome (presumably it wasn’t an automatic pass-down).

For people thinking Forseti-on-Chapter-6 is OP and should be changed, this can be a good compromise.

https://serenesforest.net/genealogy-of-the-holy-war/general/prototype-information/

That is very much something I would like to see, and I've said as much in this thread once already now. In fact I'd like to see it applied to all the Holy Weapons that can be passed down.

Just now, Jotari said:

I don't think that really provides much of an explanation.

That is very much something I would like to see, and I've said as much in this thread once already now. In fact I'd like to see it applied to all the Holy Weapons that can be passed down.

It explains at least why it's Major, not Minor. Why Daínn is truly the mystery here.