How I imagine a Fire Emblem 4 remake

JungleGoutte01

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd agree that the "memento from his dead mother" Light Brand is just too iconic/tied to Leif to not have it. To have his Prince class be a sword/lance hybrid (essentially a dismounted cavalier) does sound like a good idea to shake things up. Would also make it more similar to Lachesis' Princess, since it also wields two weapons types, even if one is Staffs.

If the Prince class had "B Swords, C Lances", then his Minor Holy Blood would bump both of them up, to A and B, respectively. With B-Lances, he's able to access every non-legendary Lance apart from the Silver Lance. Notably, this will include the Brave Lance, giving him an even stronger option than the Brave Sword. Also the Javelin could be nice for ranged physical damage - yeah it ruins his Attack Speed, but it's not like he has a Pursuit threshold to worry about.

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'd agree that the "memento from his dead mother" Light Brand is just too iconic/tied to Leif to not have it. To have his Prince class be a sword/lance hybrid (essentially a dismounted cavalier) does sound like a good idea to shake things up. Would also make it more similar to Lachesis' Princess, since it also wields two weapons types, even if one is Staffs.

Thanks! It seemed like a natural item to introduce - we already have a bunch of "Rings" and "Bands" that replicate the effect of an existing skill, so why not Charm? I generally like the notion of Avatar/Lord characters who provide a "support" effect to allies, so in a way, this could be analogous to Sigurd's "Authority" boost.

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

The avatar character survives Part 1 for whatever contrived reason. You get to use them again in Chapter 6, all growed up and stuff. There is one avatar-linked child (two child units would be a little too much bloat) that the player will get to name. This child is of the opposite sex of the avatar, just as Morgan and Kana were (or not, Iunno). If the avatar is unpaired, you get a substitute character instead. I would prefer the avatar not marry any of the Gen2 characters, which may or may not be a losing battle. In this sense the avatar gives you two characters in part 2 (themselves and their child), just like Edain does (Lester and Lana).

Inheritance would be a little iffy here though. For male avatars, they would have three children. I imagine the avatar-linked child would have no inheritance, while Finn inheritance rules would apply to the avatar. Ergo they join with a crappy C-rank weapon. For female avatars, they would only have one child, but two parents to inherit from. That's a bit of an odd situation without precedent to draw from.

This... could work, I reckon. I definitely like the idea of getting to name your child, since... you know, that's how kids tend to work. Maybe with a female avatar, the child would inherit items from their mother (the Avatar), but then the father's items are treated as "uninherited", and just obtained in the Armory or as enemy drops? Then again, if you pair the female Avatar with, say, Lewyn, I imagine you'd want a child who gets (and can use) Forseti, so maybe legendary weapons should be an exception. One question to figure out: should the Child inherit the Avatar's class, their other parent's class, or have a different fixed class? The answer to this could affect just what they're able to inherit (and, of course, how they perform as a unit).

12 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Fair point, I just worry that they would either steal the spotlight from the gen 2 characters or people would cry "AvAtAr fAvOuRiTiSiM" due to them surviving while other fan favourite characters perish. Them not being present for the battle could work, like you suggested, they could be tasked with protecting Edian, Oifey, Shannan and the children.

Like, I think Sigurd sending someone out to "retrieve" them, after thinking he's won and in the clear, would make narrative sense. The purpose of sending the kids away was to keep them out of danger, and with Reptor defeated, the danger is over, right? Of course, having the Avatar totally miss the Battle of Belhalla means that A) it's not depicted at all to the player, B) it's only depicted through another character's description or flashback, or C) it's depicted despite the Avatar's absence, which may create some dissonance regarding the Avatar's intended narrative function.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Like, I think Sigurd sending someone out to "retrieve" them, after thinking he's won and in the clear, would make narrative sense. The purpose of sending the kids away was to keep them out of danger, and with Reptor defeated, the danger is over, right? Of course, having the Avatar totally miss the Battle of Belhalla means that A) it's not depicted at all to the player, B) it's only depicted through another character's description or flashback, or C) it's depicted despite the Avatar's absence, which may create some dissonance regarding the Avatar's intended narrative function.

It would make sense. You could just have the Battle of Belhalla play out in a cutscene not tied to the perspective of any character. We`ve had cutscenes show the villains plans despite our main character/avatar being nowhere near them.

The avatar character survives Part 1 for whatever contrived reason. You get to use them again in Chapter 6, all growed up and stuff. There is one avatar-linked child (two child units would be a little too much bloat) that the player will get to name. This child is of the opposite sex of the avatar, just as Morgan and Kana were (or not, Iunno). If the avatar is unpaired, you get a substitute character instead. I would prefer the avatar not marry any of the Gen2 characters, which may or may not be a losing battle. In this sense the avatar gives you two characters in part 2 (themselves and their child), just like Edain does (Lester and Lana).

Inheritance would be a little iffy here though. For male avatars, they would have three children. I imagine the avatar-linked child would have no inheritance, while Finn inheritance rules would apply to the avatar. Ergo they join with a crappy C-rank weapon. For female avatars, they would only have one child, but two parents to inherit from. That's a bit of an odd situation without precedent to draw from.

This why I suggested the male avatar to not have his own child, it screws with the inheritance. But then again, it would be weird for the male avatar to not have a predetermined kid when the female avatar does. You`re right, this is an odd situation. It would either need a rework of the system itself, or just exclude the avatar from it altogether. Imo, the male avatar getting two children instead of one could be considered a trade-off for having fewer options, but that`s just me.

For class, they could do something similar to Morgan`s situation, they share their class with their non-Avatar parent, unless they have a special class. In which case, they get the avatar`s class.

9 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

If the Prince class had "B Swords, C Lances", then his Minor Holy Blood would bump both of them up, to A and B, respectively. With B-Lances, he's able to access every non-legendary Lance apart from the Silver Lance. Notably, this will include the Brave Lance, giving him an even stronger option than the Brave Sword. Also the Javelin could be nice for ranged physical damage - yeah it ruins his Attack Speed, but it's not like he has a Pursuit threshold to worry about.

A second weapon for Leif would also be nice given Lachesis has two weapons, swords and staves, while Leif is unfairly left with juse swords.

This... could work, I reckon. I definitely like the idea of getting to name your child, since... you know, that's how kids tend to work. Maybe with a female avatar, the child would inherit items from their mother (the Avatar), but then the father's items are treated as "uninherited", and just obtained in the Armory or as enemy drops? Then again, if you pair the female Avatar with, say, Lewyn, I imagine you'd want a child who gets (and can use) Forseti, so maybe legendary weapons should be an exception. One question to figure out: should the Child inherit the Avatar's class, their other parent's class, or have a different fixed class? The answer to this could affect just what they're able to inherit (and, of course, how they perform as a unit).

That's another thing I'd like to see, Holy Weapons excluded from the regular inheritance system and actually acquired in the plot (like Tyfring) rather than miraculously just appearing in inventories.

Edited by Jotari

On 3/15/2022 at 7:24 AM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I think a good standard for classes available to an Avatar would be "does this class show up as a generic enemy type?" We don't encounter generic Dancers or Prince/sses, so they're off the table. There's a generic Rogue in the second generation, but I don't think there are any Theives, so I'm inclined to drop them, too. My own selection would look something like:

Male Avatar:

Reveal hidden contents

Cavalier -> Paladin(M)

Archer -> Sniper

Mercenary -> Swordmaster

Fighter -> Warrior

Thunder Mage -> Mage Knight

Fenale Avatar:

Reveal hidden contents

Troubadour -> Paladin(F)

Archer -> Sniper

Mercenary -> Hero

Pegasus Knight -> Falcon Knight

Fire Mage -> War Mage(F)

This way, we'd get options that aren't available to the player in the base game (i.e. Fire Mage, male Thunder Mage, female Hero in first gen), but should be possible based on what we know about the game. Of course, this is all with the caveat that I'd still prefer the Avatar getting their own unique (infantry) class, and that I'm conflicted about an Avatar existing at all.

Why no armored classes such as Armor weapon variants or even Baron as a promotion? I know they wouldn't be great even with a Baron promotion, but it'd be nice to have.

Plus it'd finally let the Baron player palette and the unused female Baron from the original get some usage.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

A second weapon for Leif would also be nice given Lachesis has two weapons, swords and staves, while Leif is unfairly left with juse swords.

That's another thing I'd like to see, Holy Weapons excluded from the regular inheritance system and actually acquired in the plot (like Tyfring) rather than miraculously just appearing in inventories.

I suppose it could be nice if promoting to Prince in Thracia 776, got Leif a new weapon.

19 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Thanks! It seemed like a natural item to introduce - we already have a bunch of "Rings" and "Bands" that replicate the effect of an existing skill, so why not Charm? I generally like the notion of Avatar/Lord characters who provide a "support" effect to allies, so in a way, this could be analogous to Sigurd's "Authority" boost.

I didn't say nothin' about no memento.

This... could work, I reckon. I definitely like the idea of getting to name your child, since... you know, that's how kids tend to work. Maybe with a female avatar, the child would inherit items from their mother (the Avatar), but then the father's items are treated as "uninherited", and just obtained in the Armory or as enemy drops?

It's add to the immersion, I think. Sounded neat.

If the avatar survives into the second generation, then perhaps the child should inherit the father's items while the avatar keeps her own. Although that does something kinda weird where the male avatar and his daughter have iron weapons, whereas the female avatar and her son are all decked out. Not really sure what to say about that. Maybe the child inherits from both parents, so the avatar starts with basic armaments no matter what? Or maybe the discrepancy doesn't really matter.

Then again, if you pair the female Avatar with, say, Lewyn, I imagine you'd want a child who gets (and can use) Forseti, so maybe legendary weapons should be an exception. One question to figure out: should the Child inherit the Avatar's class, their other parent's class, or have a different fixed class? The answer to this could affect just what they're able to inherit (and, of course, how they perform as a unit).

Maybe inheritance could use a few small tweaks in general to account for weird cases like that. Another fringe case to be considered is siblings where the son can't use the father's items but the daughter can (or vice-versa, or whatever weirdness Bridget has). Perhaps things could be adjusted so the other child has "second dibs" on the items in that case. I can't imagine it would be useful in a ton of cases, but especially with an avatar introducing a potential "third claimant" it could be useful for catching stuff. Then you have kids who can't use the item until they promote, those guys should probably have a claim to stuff too.

Depends on whether reclassing is a thing or not, but assuming it isn't, I'd say the child's class should either be another player choice ("How do you want to raise your child?") or the same as the avatar's class. If this leaves you with a kid who can't inherit Forseti, it's the punishment you get for liking a sleezy punk like Lewyn. If you wanted to get really funky, their class could be whatever lets them inherit unclaimed items.

That does make narrative sense, the whole "retrieve" thing. If we want to have the avatar present for the massacre (and it's a big moment, so we might), they could simply hide behind a rock.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

You will never take my Forseti Arthur. Begone cretin.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

3 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Why no armored classes such as Armor weapon variants or even Baron as a promotion? I know they wouldn't be great even with a Baron promotion, but it'd be nice to have.

Plus it'd finally let the Baron player palette and the unused female Baron from the original get some usage.

I suppose it could be nice if promoting to Prince in Thracia 776, got Leif a new weapon.

I've always thought it would have been nice if Leif got staves upon promotion in Thracia. Because, again, Princess Lachesis gets to have staves while Prince Leif is sword locked. But also becauae staves are his most useful utility in Genealogy and would be super useful on him in Thracia, not just because staves in general are top tier but also because he doesn't have to worry about stamina.

Edited by Jotari

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I've always thought it would have been nice if Leif got staves upon promotion in Thracia. Because, again, Princess Lachesis gets to have staves while Prince Leif is sword locked. But also becauae staves are his most useful utility in Genealogy and would be super useful on him in Thracia, not just because staves in general are top tier but also because he doesn't have to worry about stamina.

What Thracia 776 needs the most is playable Soldiers/Halberdiers, I feel.

The second I think it needs, is units learning special skills upon reaching certain levels like Berwick Saga.

The third thing, the game could use is some darn armscrolls.

Incidentally there is a very staff animation for dismounted Lord Knights in Thracia 776.

On 3/17/2022 at 5:13 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

Originally I had "Lance Armor" as one of the classes available to the Male Avatar, but I couldn't think of any good counterpart class for the female Avatar, and wanted to give them an equal number of classes. A playable Baron would be... interesting, to say the least. Not "broken" in the sense of Master Knight, but... interesting.

On 3/17/2022 at 7:28 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Maybe inheritance could use a few small tweaks in general to account for weird cases like that. Another fringe case to be considered is siblings where the son can't use the father's items but the daughter can (or vice-versa, or whatever weirdness Bridget has). Perhaps things could be adjusted so the other child has "second dibs" on the items in that case. I can't imagine it would be useful in a ton of cases, but especially with an avatar introducing a potential "third claimant" it could be useful for catching stuff. Then you have kids who can't use the item until they promote, those guys should probably have a claim to stuff too.

It's an open question. Like, in the case of Lewyn x Edain - should Lana get major Sety holy blood, and Forseti access? If so, should Lester be able to sell Forseti for her to pick up, or should she inherit it directly?

On 3/17/2022 at 7:28 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

If the avatar survives into the second generation, then perhaps the child should inherit the father's items while the avatar keeps her own. Although that does something kinda weird where the male avatar and his daughter have iron weapons, whereas the female avatar and her son are all decked out. Not really sure what to say about that. Maybe the child inherits from both parents, so the avatar starts with basic armaments no matter what? Or maybe the discrepancy doesn't really matter.

The female Avatar having a decisive advantage over the male Avatar? In my Fire Emblem?

It's more common than you think.

On 3/17/2022 at 9:25 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

What Thracia 776 needs the most is playable Soldiers/Halberdiers, I feel.

A playable Soldier would be cool. Give us someone who can use Lances indoors, aside from Dalsin and Xavier.

It could be neat to see Soldiers and Halberdiers added into a potential FE4 remake (on both sides of the battlefield), too. But I wouldn't call it essential. 

32 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Originally I had "Lance Armor" as one of the classes available to the Male Avatar, but I couldn't think of any good counterpart class for the female Avatar, and wanted to give them an equal number of classes. A playable Baron would be... interesting, to say the least. Not "broken" in the sense of Master Knight, but... interesting.

Female could have Axe armor to give them a non mounted axe class.

There's no reason they couldn't add female armor classes after all and Thracia 776 had unused female Baron stats.

In FE4 hacks with playable Barons, they function alot like superior high priests with incredible durablity. Barons also do well with siege tomes if they're made player available. So basically playable Barons in FE4 are fun to have, but not on the absurd level of Master Knight, Sage or even Wyvern Lord.

A playable Soldier would be cool. Give us someone who can use Lances indoors, aside from Dalsin and Xavier.

It makes no sense that there are no playable soldiers in Thracia 776, TearRing Saga: Utna Heroes Saga also added playable soldiers too. Xavier has low Lance rank, whilst Dalshin's lance rank upon promotion is even worse. WEXP comes very slowly in Thracia 776. 

For Dalshin, I'd really like him to learn Pavise upon promotion to General or at a certain level, just like in the Kaga saga games. I understand Dalshin having pavise at base or all enemy Generals having pavise could be broken though.

Also if I knew anyone who was willing to do custom sprites in the FE4-FE5 style, I'd totally commission battle animations for a dismounted knight with a lance.

It could be neat to see Soldiers and Halberdiers added into a potential FE4 remake (on both sides of the battlefield), too. But I wouldn't call it essential. 

That reminds me, there were 3 unused playable soldiers in FE4, 4 if we count archer, which was connected to soldier in the early days of the series.

Basically there was a regular Soldier, an Axe Soldier, an Archer (same uniform) and a Spear soldier with superior stats. It seems the armored variants replaced them. Though TearRing saga had some similar classes that appeared and in Berwick Saga, Spear and Axe Soldiers appeared without (regular/a second) Spear or Blade soldiers.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

4 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

It's an open question. Like, in the case of Lewyn x Edain - should Lana get major Sety holy blood, and Forseti access? If so, should Lester be able to sell Forseti for her to pick up, or should she inherit it directly?

The female Avatar having a decisive advantage over the male Avatar? In my Fire Emblem?

My issue with a playable soldier in Thracia is that Thracia already has a tonne of characters on it's roster. And a good half of them are completely underdeveloped. Of all the games in the series I feel like it's the one that needs new characters the least. U think this particular gameplay issue could be solved by making reclassing a thing and giving soldier as a reclass option to certain units. Or just class editing an existing unit into Soldier.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

My issue with a playable soldier in Thracia is that Thracia already has a tonne of characters on it's roster. And a good half of them are completely underdeveloped. Of all the games in the series I feel like it's the one that needs new characters the least. U think this particular gameplay issue could be solved by making reclassing a thing and giving soldier as a reclass option to certain units. Or just class editing an existing unit into Soldier.

Maybe Kain and Alva could become Soldiers? We've already got 2 other Lance/Duke Knights, in Finn and Glade. I have no idea if this would make these two units better, but it'd probably make them more interesting at least.

12 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

It's not impossible. I didn't list it because the base game doesn't include any female Armor Knights, though.

12 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Basically there was a regular Soldier, an Axe Soldier, an Archer (same uniform) and a Spear soldier with superior stats. It seems the armored variants replaced them. Though TearRing saga had some similar classes that appeared and in Berwick Saga, Spear and Axe Soldiers appeared without (regular/a second) Spear or Blade soldiers.

Interesting. Not really sure what "Axe Soldier" and "Archer" would offer that "Fighter" and "Hunter", respectively, don't already bring to the table.

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Maybe Kain and Alva could become Soldiers? We've already got 2 other Lance/Duke Knights, in Finn and Glade. I have no idea if this would make these two units better, but it'd probably make them more interesting at least.

Those are the two guys who flank Glade's girlfriend that have, like, zero lines, right? Yeah, they make so little impression on me that I'd be okay with class changing them. We have a tonne of mounted units by that point and it's not like them being cavalry even affects their recruitment chapter given they're defending. Though if you managed to lose all your cavalry before they probably would be pretty useful in the following chapter with Glade.

Of course another alternative solution to the "no lances in doors" problem is to make Finn and other Duke Knights lance infantry when dismounting...because that's super obvious. Still though, people (myself included) like lance infantry as a dedicated class so I'm game for it.

4 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Interesting. Not really sure what "Axe Soldier" and "Archer" would offer that "Fighter" and "Hunter", respectively, don't already bring to the table.

Maybe Archer and Hunter would've been like the first game, where Archer had more defense (to wit, their sprites even had full armor) while Hunter had more strength.

Probably the same could've been for Axe soldier and Fighter, where they'd favor different stats.

I`m torn on letting the avatars potentially become Barons.

On one hand,  armor units movement sucks.

On the other hand, a playable Baron would be kickass.

I`m also rather mixed on choosing their Holy Blood

It can create some fun gameplay scenarios, particularly in gen 2, and even give the player access to certain Holy weapons they couldn`t get in the original game. At the same time, it would be very hard to justify them being from certain bloodlines without making their romance incestuous (or even just justifying their lineage in general).

Also, just curious, what would people want to see more, new FE4 characters or Thracia cameoes?

23 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

You see, Male Avatar is actually more meta, because he and his daughter get free gold and weapons that don't exist for the female avatar and her son.

23 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

10 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

It's not impossible. I didn't list it because the base game doesn't include any female Armor Knights, though.

I don't think male and female avatars really need to have equal numbers of class options. I'm not where that's ever been the case, outside of Fates. I'd rather they have all the classes available to their sex than an equal number of classes, but female armors would be neat.

1 hour ago, Metal Flash said:

It can create some fun gameplay scenarios, particularly in gen 2, and even give the player access to certain Holy weapons they couldn`t get in the original game. At the same time, it would be very hard to justify them being from certain bloodlines without making their romance incestuous (or even just justifying their lineage in general).

Also, just curious, what would people want to see more, new FE4 characters or Thracia cameoes?

Just make them some wandering bastard child. In the tradition of FE12, you get to pick what they were doing in obscurity before becoming one of Chalphy's knights.

Neither, really, but maybe that's just me.

And yes, barons please. Barons good.

On 3/19/2022 at 9:42 PM, Jotari said:

Well they added more playable characters to Shadow Dragon and even New Mystery of the Emblem?

But I'd be up for reclassing minor characters like Kain and Alva.

6 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

I`m torn on letting the avatars potentially become Barons.

On one hand,  armor units movement sucks.

On the other hand, a playable Baron would be kickass.

I`m also rather mixed on choosing their Holy Blood

Having played Hacks, Barons are much better than High Priests, whom have the same MOV stat in FE4.

Also simply adding more moments where enemy reinforcements come from the back and try to take your castle would help alot with armored units.

Probably more Thracia 776 characters and more focusing on the FE4 characters that already exist like House Dozel.

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Well they added more playable characters to Shadow Dragon and even New Mystery of the Emblem?

But I'd be up for reclassing minor characters like Kain and Alva.

Yes, and I'm not really sure that was a great idea. But given the precedent I do expect they will add more original characters to a hypothetical Thracia remake. I just hope they do it in a good way as Thracia has one of the most balanced roster in the series as is.

35 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yes, and I'm not really sure that was a great idea. But given the precedent I do expect they will add more original characters to a hypothetical Thracia remake. I just hope they do it in a good way as Thracia has one of the most balanced roster in the series as is.

Thinking back, I would've liked someone from Gra and someone from Pyrathi in the remakes.

Or some more reclassing in the remakes besides Navarre and Radd, ah well.

At the very least, Lance knights need to still use lances on foot.

27 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Thinking back, I would've liked someone from Gra and someone from Pyrathi in the remakes.

Or some more reclassing in the remakes besides Navarre and Radd, ah well.

At the very least, Lance knights need to still use lances on foot.

Talking Shadow Dragon reclassing, I would have liked if Falcon Knight was the default promotion for Pegasus Knight and there was a tier 1 Wyvern Knight instead. Maintaining the Pegasus->Wyvern thing the first game had going on was just sort of weird. Plus, Minerva would probably fair better as a tier 1 unit.

26 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Talking Shadow Dragon reclassing, I would have liked if Falcon Knight was the default promotion for Pegasus Knight and there was a tier 1 Wyvern Knight instead. Maintaining the Pegasus->Wyvern thing the first game had going on was just sort of weird. Plus, Minerva would probably fair better as a tier 1 unit.

That could work.

I'd like Hardin to have a unique class or weapon too.

Also it'd be really neat if they implemented the Archanea saga episodes into the game and even added the levels gained into the main story.

Finally I'd be cool with many characters being reclassed or altered.

43 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

That could work.

I'd like Hardin to have a unique class or weapon too.

Also it'd be really neat if they implemented the Archanea saga episodes into the game and even added the levels gained into the main story.

Finally I'd be cool with many characters being reclassed or altered.

Well they did add the Archanea Saga episodes in New Mystery, and they are better served there than in Shadow Dragon given Book 2 as a stand alone game is a bit starved for content. Course the best thing would have been if we'd gotten Shadow Dragon and New Mystery at the same time like in Old Mystery. But one can only dream of something like that happening.

9 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Just make them some wandering bastard child. In the tradition of FE12, you get to pick what they were doing in obscurity before becoming one of Chalphy's knights.

Neither, really, but maybe that's just me.

And yes, barons please. Barons good.

That could work, 

Fair enough, probably better that old characters get some screentime. 

Playable Barons would be so much fun, still salty that Edelgard wasn`t one in TH, but that a topic for a different thread.

4 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Having played Hacks, Barons are much better than High Priests, whom have the same MOV stat in FE4.

Also simply adding more moments where enemy reinforcements come from the back and try to take your castle would help alot with armored units.

Probably more Thracia 776 characters and more focusing on the FE4 characters that already exist like House Dozel.

I wasn`t aware of this, I thought High Priests have higher MOV, then again I never paid much attention to Claud`s movement since I mostly used Physic and Fortify with him. 

Most infantry units would benefit from that really.  It would give them something to do while the cavalry charges ahead.

That`s fair, I would also prefer that we expand on existing characters than trying to force in new ones.

On 3/21/2022 at 6:04 AM, Metal Flash said:

I wasn`t aware of this, I thought High Priests have higher MOV, then again I never paid much attention to Claud`s movement since I mostly used Physic and Fortify with him. 

Yeah they all have 5 mov. Barons do have one notable disadvantage relative to High Priests: a lower Magic cap (22 vs. 27). So they won't be able to cast status staves against quite as many enemies.

On 3/21/2022 at 1:00 AM, Emperor Hardin said:

It would be frustratingly obtuse to have enemies show up a stone's throw away from your castle to try seizing it. All your progress, charging across the country, wiped out in minute by some Brigand. Even in cases where enemy units threaten your home castle, the game makes sure they're units who already existed on the map, and they give the player enough time to make a game plan.

Actually, I really like how FE4 has no "edge-of-the-map" reinforcements - if reinforcements show up, they're pretty much always from an enemy-held castle. I'd want that principle to be retained in a remake.

On 3/17/2022 at 9:05 PM, Jotari said:

Jugdral being sexist again. Amid of House Friege suffers in silence.

On 3/20/2022 at 6:18 PM, Metal Flash said:

I think a mix would be nice, so long as they make sense with the world. Like, playable Dorias in Quan's crew could be pretty cool. As could an original character - a Warrior of Verdane, whom Prince Jamke receuits out of their mutual distrust of Sandima. Maybe they could make one or all of Laquesis' Paladins playable, too. I don't think I'd add more than one additional mother unit to Gen 1, though.

5 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Maybe they could make one or all of Laquesis' Paladins playable, too. I don't think I'd add more than one additional mother unit to Gen 1, though.

I'd kind of love to see that happen just to see how the fandom handles three playable characters called Eve, Eva and Alva.

Edited by Jotari

Yeah they all have 5 mov. Barons do have one notable disadvantage relative to High Priests: a lower Magic cap (22 vs. 27). So they won't be able to cast status staves against quite as many enemies.

Unless you`re Reptor and just break the Magic cap (apparently he was a Sage in the prototype, which has a Magic cap of 30, but despite changing his class to Baron, they kept his magic at 30). 

I think a mix would be nice, so long as they make sense with the world. Like, playable Dorias in Quan's crew could be pretty cool. As could an original character - a Warrior of Verdane, whom Prince Jamke receuits out of their mutual distrust of Sandima. Maybe they could make one or all of Laquesis' Paladins playable, too. I don't think I'd add more than one additional mother unit to Gen 1, though.

Yeah, I like that suggestion. I feel like one of Laquesis` Paladins is enough.