Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

10 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Would've been cool but we've already seen Alear do this attack without Marth image.png.1e2fc6fc756619f139476d5cdb960a39.png

We still have Alfred using Sigurd's Heroes quote while Engaged, at least~

@Azz, I missed your comment before posting this, but I agree: it is cool to have multiple ways to complete chapters... even if you're probably going to do every route at once for max EXP 😛

I think the blue spots on the maps are related to Engaging (or SP if it's required for Engaging) too. Especially if the newest clip is to be believed and we can Engage from the early game, since those have been visible in those early maps as well.

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Doing some more looking and I already mentioned it during the Cramme/Framme videos, but the map design is looking top notch already visually and gameplay wise. This is only what appears to be chapter 2/3 and there are already multiple ways you can tackle it. Other than going north, you can go east and have axe boy and Céline (if she has a sword) take out those guys that have WTD against them, there is an archer close to where Louis and Chloé are alongside a fort so it will be important to have Louis step on to the fort to help prevent Chloé from getting shot down. I know it's very basic, but these little things are really cool and make me appreciate what seem to be smaller and more condense maps.

Same! I can't wait to play these maps, missed smaller maps after three houses.

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Also, I noticed those blue circle things on the map as well. I saw some people theorise they are dragon vein like or save points like is DSFE, but I think they'll have something to do with engaging since they have the same aura as the emblems. Whether it be granting more engage counter or even SP maybe, I think that's how they will be used.

I doubt they are dragon veins, they could be save points but that'd be weird imo. I honestly think they are either the sparkly spots from awakening (which I kinda doubt considering how many we see) or yeah they'll have something to do with engaging because of the similar aura. Honestly with how slow SP gain seems, it might just give you SP. I think I'm definitely leaning more to it doing something for emblems.

1 hour ago, Crubat said:

I can't believe I missed that too! Nice catch

Can you elaborate? The clip clearly shows off the circle around Marth is filled out, and the option isn't greyed out?? I'm confused

Oh god, my colorblindness was acting up BAD.

33 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Same! I can't wait to play these maps, missed smaller maps after three houses.

I doubt they are dragon veins, they could be save points but that'd be weird imo. I honestly think they are either the sparkly spots from awakening (which I kinda doubt considering how many we see) or yeah they'll have something to do with engaging because of the similar aura. Honestly with how slow SP gain seems, it might just give you SP. I think I'm definitely leaning more to it doing something for emblems.

I think the Blue Spots fill up the Engage gauge. Probably does nothing if you don't have a ring equipped.

12 hours ago, Azz said:

Céline or Alfred (tho I think it is Céline based on other trailers) seems to have a skill that assists people in two spaces. We also see Céline with tomes again rather than a sword. Based on how Alear couldn't equip Marth's rapier, seems like she can equip both swords and tomes, and then staves when engaged.

the staff icon doesn't seem to represent "Staff access" but rather whether the character has a staff at all (which also makes the enemy Pegasus Knights and Vander make more sense, as they're always depicted as being locked to one weapon, which is especially baffling in Vander's case), as in the Framme twitter video, an engaged Celica is not providing a staff icon, though I couldn't tell if they were still with Celine or not.

Edited by Vexal

12 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Given the location of the conversation, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the Somniel conversation we saw was available in the trailers. If Marth was "always watching over" Alear, it makes me think that the Emblems aren't the real Heroes after all, but rather recreations or snapshots taken of them at a certain point in time and preserved in Elyos (hence the "Emblem" prefix). That should simplify any time travel/ multiversal questions people have, at any rate. Also, if there was any doubt, Marth seems to be Alear's canon partner. I wonder what other Emblems will have to say to Alear and/ or if we'll see them hang out with other characters in Somniel?

Yeah, it sounds like unlike the whole "taking someone from their world" style that Heroes and Warriors did, Engage is more like conjuring the essense of a past hero at a certain point in their lives.

Yes! A fence is destroyed during the fight! They brought back environmental damage from Echoes! And the capes seem to have actual physics to them! Thank you! One of my biggest critiques animation-wise of the last few games was the amount of clipping, and they seem to have addressed that!

First impressions of the Engage system seem to fill in the role of combat arts, which makes sense. They functioned fine in Shadows of Valentia and Three Houses, but those weren't systems you could simply copy-paste into another game. In Echoes, for instance, it was expected that units would constantly lose and heal HP and the game being built around that, and it was typically an easy process to repair weapons in Three Houses to offset combat arts using durability. I get the impression you gain SP somehow and then spend it on powerful moves, but I could be off about that.

As for conversing with characters from previous games... I need to see more examples first. I could see it being really fun and interesting to see past characters bounce off the new cast in a different environment, but I could also see them overshadowing the new characters or not feeling in line with their past selves. I am also concerned about the line of Marth  "watching over" Alear, since I could interpret that as either Marth looking out for them for the past 1000 years or just the last few maps. I'm cautious, but I'm also reserving judgement until I see more.

On 9/29/2022 at 7:46 AM, Vexal said:

@Hawkwing I assume you're referring to awkward pauses in the map movement and not the idle animations? Thats just the person playing in the first three twitter clips. In the reveal trailer and Framme's twitter clip it was all smooth and snappy

I mean the characters moving from point A to point B on the map screen. Previous games tended to be faster on that front.

4 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

I mean the characters moving from point A to point B on the map screen. Previous games tended to be faster on that front.

Fairly certain in Engage characters, rather than move automatically to whichever tile you select, will be controlled manually by the player. That's what the odd pauses during movement seem to indicate, at least. That would also explain why the characters move more slowly, if they moved very fast it'd be hell to get them where you want them haha. It feels like a pretty superfluous change to me, and it does look like it'd slow down the game a tad. Ideally I'd want it to be toggleable, but it's nothing gamebreaking.

7 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

As for conversing with characters from previous games... I need to see more examples first. I could see it being really fun and interesting to see past characters bounce off the new cast in a different environment, but I could also see them overshadowing the new characters or not feeling in line with their past selves. I am also concerned about the line of Marth  "watching over" Alear, since I could interpret that as either Marth looking out for them for the past 1000 years or just the last few maps. I'm cautious, but I'm also reserving judgement until I see more.

One of the tweets mention Marth was watching over Alear as they slept.

21 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

That's.....literally what I just said though?

21 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fairly certain in Engage characters, rather than move automatically to whichever tile you select, will be controlled manually by the player. That's what the odd pauses during movement seem to indicate, at least. That would also explain why the characters move more slowly, if they moved very fast it'd be hell to get them where you want them haha. It feels like a pretty superfluous change to me, and it does look like it'd slow down the game a tad. Ideally I'd want it to be toggleable, but it's nothing gamebreaking.

the odd pauses are only in the first 3 twitter clips. The reveal trailer, Framme's twitter clip, and Marth's twitter clip, lack the pausing entirely. Yes, we control the characters directly now, but movement's still the same as before, just no arrows.

Edited by Vexal

11 minutes ago, Vexal said:

the odd pauses are only in the first 3 twitter clips. The reveal trailer, Framme's twitter clip, and Marth's twitter clip, lack the pausing entirely. Yes, we control the characters directly now, but movement's still the same as before, just no arrows.

The intern in charge of the twitter account got better at it lol

Notes:

• Alfred! Didn't expect him to like flowers, makes him more likable to me.
  • You can change the view of the map like three houses, I didn't really use it in three houses but it's cool I guess.
  • More villages/houses and green units! Always nice to see. We can see a healer and a war cleric similar to framme next to the green units, I wonder if they're recruitable or just there to help the green units survive.
  • I think we can see Louis(?) engaged with Sigurd and he doesn't seem to be riding a mount, so it seems like engaging is accessible to every unit.
  • One of the captions mention Alfred is a noble that rides horses and uses lances so if I had to guess, "Noble" will be similar to how in fe7 when you had multiple lords but they have different growth rates and weapons for each character.
  • The crit looks really pretty and each time they show a new crit, I just get more and more excited for how this game is gonna look while I play it.
  • The enemy, for some reason, has a 100% crit?? I'm guessing it's a simulation error that they missed but it's funny regardless.
  • In the clip where Alear is talking to Alfred, for some reason the name on the text box doesn't change, I hope that's just something they missed for this clip and will not be present when the game is released
  • For some reason when Alfred killed the enemy, they vanished? I need to look back at older clips to see if that ever happened but this is the first time I've noticed it. Maybe corrupted enemies do that when defeated.

I think that's all that I noticed? I will update the post with translations rn!

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Why are they so fucking inconsistent lol

It honestly doesn't seem very organized and they probably schedule these tweets an hour prior

14 minutes ago, Crubat said:

It honestly doesn't seem very organized and they probably schedule these tweets an hour prior

I'll just set an alarm for this time every day now since I can't tell if they have a real pattern or not.

Anyway, I made a mistake, it should be eudaemonism, not hedonism.

Now this does make me wonder/worry how the promotions are gonna look. The models in combat look good but I don’t see how they could make them fancier. Without just adding a bunch of gold to them.

At this point, I'm so desensitized to Alear's stupid hair that the weirdly huge eyes of the female version actually bother me the most. I'll definitely go with the male version at this point.

Anyway, the maps continue to look good in terms of visuals as well as structure & strategic elements. So far, no map has been a miss, which gives me a bit more hope for the gameplay.

What I don't like is the 3D model of the avatar appearing next to the text boxes a là "Live Alear Reaction". Looks weirdly tacky.

Edited by Ziegenpeter

2 hours ago, Crubat said:

In the clip where Alear is talking to Alfred, for some reason the name on the text box doesn't change, I hope that's just something they missed for this clip and will not be present when the game is released

I think it's a bug too, since Alear's face stays on screen too. Her first line was lip synced and the others weren't, so I wonder if that's going to be updated as well (as is you could make the case that only lines where the speaker's model's face is hidden get the lip sync treatment in their sprite). I also wonder if there'll only appear in static scenes like this, and there will be other scenes tha don't have the sprites with the text boxes. I kinda liked the simplicity of the boxes we saw before.

Alfred! Didn't expect him to like flowers, makes him more likable to me.

Same here! I wonder if that's why Google Translate assumed he was a woman xD

You can change the view of the map like three houses, I didn't really use it in three houses but it's cool I guess.

More options is always a good thing!

I think we can see Louis(?) engaged with Sigurd and he doesn't seem to be riding a mount, so it seems like engaging is accessible to every unit.

Yeah. I think everyone has a set Engage form based on their class too? Louis certainly looked bulky enough to originate from an armored unit, for example. One thing I noted is that the segmented circle around the Emblems' arts becomes a solid one when Engaged, so maybe the segments are a "charge" you need to build up (e.g. collect 7 - or fewer if you start with some charge already which I think is likely, especially for certain characters/ bond levels - blue spots on the map and you can Engage). And again, it seems Engaging will be possible from early on given Alfred is only Lv7 in the clip.

The enemy, for some reason, has a 100% crit?? I'm guessing it's a simulation error that they missed but it's funny regardless.

Hey, the EN versions always cheat numbers in the players' favor, the JP team just wanted to balance the scales~

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Why are they so fucking inconsistent lol

Yeah, I was so confident in my "four working days" theory. Maybe it's going to be every Monday and Friday and the week before last was a slow one to make up for the big reveal the week before?

Actually the tweets always go out at the same time of day, it's just the day itself that seems random for now.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'll just set an alarm for this time every day now since I can't tell if they have a real pattern or not.

If you do, thanks for your sacrifice! And thank you again for your translations!!!

27 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Now this does make me wonder/worry how the promotions are gonna look. The models in combat look good but I don’t see how they could make them fancier. Without just adding a bunch of gold to them.

They could just make the promotions look different instead of explicitly better? I agree that the models so far look really pretty and elegant.

8 minutes ago, Ziegenpeter said:

What I don't like is the 3D model of the avatar appearing next to the text boxes a là "Live Alear Reaction". Looks weirdly tacky.

It may look better in the final product, but it would be nice to have the option to toggle the faces on or off. As I said before, more options are always good!

19 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

They could just make the promotions look different instead of explicitly better? I agree that the models so far look really pretty and elegant.

I guess that RD kinda set high expectations. Like take Oscar and Geoffrey, both are Crimean lance paladins but they look pretty different. Even when promoted, they might have the same based model but their color and patterns are unique. I would live to see that again.

Edited by ciphertul

Is the girl behind Alfred a maid class? Her attire makes me think she's. What's up with their color combo with these folks from their kingdom. Like that's the most flamboyant looking armor unit in the franchise.

Edited by Lut-ang

8 minutes ago, Lut-ang said:

Is the girl behind Alfred a maid class? Her attire makes me think she's. What's up with their color combo with these folks from their kingdom. Like that's the most flamboyant looking armor unit in the franchise.

It might be Etie the archer. We have no confirmation yet.

1 minute ago, Lut-ang said:

That's a really weird attire for an Archer. She really looks like a maid. 

She could very well be Alfred’s maid, nothing says she can’t be a maid with archer training. I just don’t see maid returning as a class